What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LJ Owners (1 Viewer)

In my auction/keeper $$ league ($200 auction cap) I was QB heavy last year and fighting to stay in the playoff hunt at midseason.  :bag:   I managed to deal Leftwich to our division leader who was riddled with injuries @ QB. No one else wanted to deal with him, so he was sorta stuck with me and my Leftwich for LJ offer. 

In a league where top 5 RB's can go for anywhere from $65 to $105 I now have LJ under wraps as a keeper for $11...

:excited:
Playoff hunt? Weren't you neck and neck in the toilet bowl race right down to the end big guy? :lmao:
Now where would that line of thinking have gotten me? :P I made that trade well before finishing a whopping 2 games out of the playoffs...for the first time...

:bag:

...an aberration, mind you- not a trend. ;)

$100 auction league, 14 teams, 10 player keeper league, 5 year contracts

way back in 2004 i outbid everyone for LJ, for the whopping price of $4.

had to sit on him for the entire year, but its worth it.

I thought this may be interesting and a chance to gloat for some of us. Tell how you came about getting LJ and when.

Here is my story as I have him on one dynasty team. I acquired him in week 3 or 4 last season. A team that looked like a contender lost Duece McAllister and needed RB help. I traded Chris Brown and Kevan Barlow for LJ straight up!
Start 2 qb league - we keep 2 guys for 1 season with the draft position they had the previous season. Week 7 traded hasselbeck and DD for him. people in my league thought I gave up way too much...................

Can I tell you how I lost him? Sent Holmes/LJ for LT2.

Would make that trade again.
I did just the opposite, sent LT2 for Holmes and LJ.Dynasty League..............Still think LT2 gets too much work and I believe a injury is in the near future. Then again thats what I thought last year and it has yet to happen. DOH!

i picked him off of waivers sometime in 2003 very late in the night. someone dropped him and i just happened to be online at the same time and picked him up immediatley....this all of course after i dropped him about two weeks before that. (I needed a player for a bye week :wall: )

In 2004, I was 1-6 (or maybe worse) and a league mate needed a bye week QB, so I traded Kurt Warner for LJ straight up long before LJ took his diapers off. He was a monster in college and I knew it was only a matter of time. Now if I could only pry Greg Jones off his owner for cheap....

Users who are viewing this thread