What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Location Determined now- Gurley v. Gordon- what say you? (1 Viewer)

Just Win Baby said:
If we say Gurley is injury prone, can't we say Gordon is another Wisconsin system guy?
It's definitely one of the biggest concerns I have re: Gordon.
:goodposting:
Don't be concerned about that at all. Just look at the numbers. Gordon's ypc blows guys like Dayne and Ball's out of the water. Gordon is way more talented than those guys.
Gordon led the NCAA in yards gained before contact last season. That suggests that his system and OL were superior. That isn't a knock on him but it does lend some credence to this concern.

I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in one league. I'm already chiseling Gurley's name in stone on the first pick. The bigger question, for me, is whether I'm taking Gordon or Cooper with the 1.02. (It's probably going to be Gordon because the league isn't PPR. Had it been, I might lean towards Cooper.)

Rams have taken Gurley, Mannion, and three offensive lineman. With that D, there's no doubt what Fisher is about to do with Gurley. No brainer 1.01.

I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in one league. I'm already chiseling Gurley's name in stone on the first pick. The bigger question, for me, is whether I'm taking Gordon or Cooper with the 1.02. (It's probably going to be Gordon because the league isn't PPR. Had it been, I might lean towards Cooper.)
I am in the same boat in a league that is 0.5 PPR. Debating taking Gordon or Cooper (or maybe even White). Tough call RBs are scarce and I could use a couple. Think that will sway me to take Gordon. His landing spot is not terrible and arguably pretty good. He will be given every chance to succeed and San Diego invested a high pick in him. And hey if we are wrong, at least we also have Gurley!

Just Win Baby said:
If we say Gurley is injury prone, can't we say Gordon is another Wisconsin system guy?
Don't be concerned about that at all. Just look at the numbers. Gordon's ypc blows guys like Dayne and Ball's out of the water. Gordon is way more talented than those guys.
Gordon led the NCAA in yards gained before contact last season. That suggests that his system and OL were superior. That isn't a knock on him but it does lend some credence to this concern.
I know but as someone who has watched every Badger football game over the past 20 plus years I can tell you that the Badgers offensive line wasn't as good as years past and with no passing game defenses really went all out to stop Gordon and other than Western Illinois (Can't figure out for the life of me how that happened) no one could. Gordon is easily the best Badgers RB ever...he's truly a special player...just wait. I'm not a Chargers fan nor am I an NFL scout so take my Gordon love with a grain of sand but he looks special to me.

I like Monte Ball and have met him in person...cool guy but I didn't feel this way about him. He ran behind an offensive line that had Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler, Travis Frederick and Ricky Wagner...all NFL guys. Gordon's line had Havenstein and sophomore Center Dan Voltz (that may be a NFL player) that's it. The rest of that line while big didn't have the pedigree as Ball's line. The QB in Montee Ball's junior year was a guy named Russell Wilson and they also had a NFL WR in Jared Abbredaris. Last year's Badgers had no talent at QB and the WR position yet Gordon had the 2nd best season ever by a college RB. I'm excited to watch him light it up for the Chargers.

Just Win Baby said:
Is he way more talented or is was Wisconsin's line way more talented this year?

Just Win Baby said:
I know but as someone who has watched every Badger football game over the past 20 plus years I can tell you that the Badgers offensive line wasn't as good as years past and with no passing game defenses really went all out to stop Gordon and other than Western Illinois (Can't figure out for the life of me how that happened) no one could. Gordon is easily the best Badgers RB ever...he's truly a special player...just wait. I'm not a Chargers fan nor am I an NFL scout so take my Gordon love with a grain of sand but he looks special to me.

I like Monte Ball and have met him in person...cool guy but I didn't feel this way about him. He ran behind an offensive line that had Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler, Travis Frederick and Ricky Wagner...all NFL guys. Gordon's line had Havenstein and sophomore Center Dan Voltz (that may be a NFL player) that's it. The rest of that line while big didn't have the pedigree as Ball's line. The QB in Montee Ball's junior year was a guy named Russell Wilson and they also had a NFL WR in Jared Abbredaris. Last year's Badgers had no talent at QB and the WR position yet Gordon had the 2nd best season ever by a college RB. I'm excited to watch him light it up for the Chargers.
Thanks for the reply.

Just Win Baby said:
pretty sure there's vid of him somewhere on the net

Just Win Baby said:
pretty sure there's vid of him somewhere on the net
From watching him, I believe he is far and away the best Badger RB to come out.

Just Win Baby said:
Compare his YPC to his own teammate Corey Clement. That should answer your question.

Users who are viewing this thread