What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M. Tejada two years older than listed (1 Viewer)

This is a real problem for MLB teams. I guess they are going to have to hire PIs to verify ages before they sign players to big contracts.

Shocked when I saw the interview.

I kept waiting for Sosa's lawyer to come in and all of a sudden Tejada forgets how to speak/understand English. Unprofessional by the interviewer, but then again, he wasn't the one living a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the interview. That was ridiculous. His age isn't important in the least.

And just like MLB teams know who is and isn't using steroids, I'm pretty confident they know how old people are.

Just saw the interview. That was ridiculous. His age isn't important in the least.And just like MLB teams know who is and isn't using steroids, I'm pretty confident they know how old people are.
There's no denying Tejada has been a prominent name in steroids (I believe Canseco mentioned him in Juiced). That aside...If Tejada's knowingly lied about his age.....to get an advantage, Who in there right mind is going to believe he never used performance enhancers.....to get an advantage?? After all, he said himself he was a poor kid trying to find a way out.I don't take the whole age thing as an end all -- he's still a solid player. He's lied about his age for this long, who's going to believe a liar about anything else? I wonder what else he'll finally want to get off his chest. (And note: He didn't get the age issue off his chest. It was taken off it for him)

Users who are viewing this thread