What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (5 Viewers)

I really like this series. Pete is such a toad. I've heard some grousing about the show heading nowhere, and stuff like that. but maybe Matt Weiner is saving his chits for the finale. Btw, there's an extensive interview with Weiner on Multichannel News called "Mad Men Creator Matt Weiner on Love, Sartre and Why Men Behave Badly." Some pretty interesting insights into Weiner and his view of himself and men. and a funny picture of his rainbow socks. :fro:

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/1300000330.html#1460015946

Wow. I am really into this show. I have only seen one episode so far, but what a well-made show. When I heard that AMC was making a show, I was not impressed. But I am stoked!

Wow. I am really into this show. I have only seen one episode so far, but what a well-made show. When I heard that AMC was making a show, I was not impressed. But I am stoked!
yeah - me too. It's the one series I really look forward to. These days that's saying a lot. (but I'm enjoying Chuck, still.) I mean, I actually REMEMBER what time Mad Men airs. appointment tv and all that.The production values/attention to detail got me, initially. but I wasn't sure that any series on basic cable, as opposed to HBO etc., could really be that good. but it is. and the show seems fearlessly honest and yet sympathetic toward the characters foibles and weakness. except Pete. I don't want to spoil it but Pete sets up his wife in one episode. That guy is slime! lol! I mean, Weiner sets up Pete's motivation early on - but still... I just think that Weiner really understands what drives men and women. and he doesn't judge it too much. at least that's how I interpreted that Multichannel interview.

yeah - me too. It's the one series I really look forward to. These days that's saying a lot. (but I'm enjoying Chuck, still.) I mean, I actually REMEMBER what time Mad Men airs. appointment tv and all that.The production values/attention to detail got me, initially. but I wasn't sure that any series on basic cable, as opposed to HBO etc., could really be that good. but it is. and the show seems fearlessly honest and yet sympathetic toward the characters foibles and weakness. except Pete. I don't want to spoil it but Pete sets up his wife in one episode. That guy is slime! lol! I mean, Weiner sets up Pete's motivation early on - but still... I just think that Weiner really understands what drives men and women. and he doesn't judge it too much. at least that's how I interpreted that Multichannel interview.
Clearly, HBO made its mark by taking chances and promoting unique characters. I think AMC has done the same thing with Mad Men.

aidan7 said:
I've heard some grousing about the show heading nowhere, and stuff like that. but maybe Matt Weiner is saving his chits for the finale
Why does it have to head anywhere?

This is, by far, the best show on TV right now.
At least until The Wire starts up again :thumbup:
I'm looking forward to seeing what hijinks Sean and Christian can get up to in Hollywood :thumbup:
:thumbdown: Although, it could be a prime time for jumping the shark. But I have enough faith in the show to think that it will just roll on. The only thing I dont like is the fact that all of the characters will be moving with the show. This was a prime chance to cut some fo the characters that have outlived their storylines (Liz), or to leave characters behind and have them only there once in a while (Matt and Julia).There are only so far you can take some of these characters and it would have been an opportune time to inject 3 or 4 more central characters within having too many people in the cast.

A little late but I just watched the final episode of season one tonight What a fantastic show, almost missed this one. Can't wait for another season.

Does anyone know if they are re-broadcasting this? I want to see it from Episode 1 but it's not on DVD yet and I'm not sure what the other options are.

“Mad Men” will return for another season, beginning Sun., July 27, 2008 at 10 pm (schedule subject to change). As with the first season, Season 2 will include 13 original episodes. And in case you missed it, we will feature a marathon of all of Season 1 episodes on Sun., July 20 (subject to change), beginning at 12 pm. Every episode will air, back-to-back, through 1 am.
:unsure:I had to search on "Draper" to find this thread....

“Mad Men” will return for another season, beginning Sun., July 27, 2008 at 10 pm (schedule subject to change). As with the first season, Season 2 will include 13 original episodes. And in case you missed it, we will feature a marathon of all of Season 1 episodes on Sun., July 20 (subject to change), beginning at 12 pm. Every episode will air, back-to-back, through 1 am.
:moneybag:
:shrug: Good show - looking forward to having a show to watch this summer.

zamboni said:
TinHat said:
"Mad Men" will return for another season, beginning Sun., July 27, 2008 at 10 pm (schedule subject to change). As with the first season, Season 2 will include 13 original episodes. And in case you missed it, we will feature a marathon of all of Season 1 episodes on Sun., July 20 (subject to change), beginning at 12 pm. Every episode will air, back-to-back, through 1 am.
:confused:
:lmao: Good show - looking forward to having a show to watch this summer.
Awesome. I love this show.

TinHat said:
:popcorn:I had to search on "Draper" to find this thread....
:rant:

i didn't watch season 1 -- except for a few episodes i caught last week. did peggy miscarry/abort or did she deliver the bab? put up for adoption?

i didn't watch season 1 -- except for a few episodes i caught last week. did peggy miscarry/abort or did she deliver the bab? put up for adoption?
In the last episode of Season 1, she had the baby but it wasn't clear what happened to it. It was a short scene that saw the nurse bring the baby into the room and ask Peggy if she wanted to see it. Peggy just turned away and that was it.

Thanks, Senor. I guess that leaves them some flexibility with the story line. If this had more of a soap opera flavor, you could bet that Pete (?) (presumed father?) and his wifee who can't get pregnant would end up adopting the baby not knowing. :shock:

Triple yawner for the first episode, tough hour to get through.
I thought it was pretty good :shrug: We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.
I liked it.I am so in love with that redhead :wub:
I liked the episode and JoanWas cool to see one of those table lighters in the board room. forgot about those.

Didnt realize they had copiers back then. Why the hell were my elementary school teachers battling those blue ink ditto machines in the 70s?

----------------

Now playing: Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

via FoxyTunes

Triple yawner for the first episode, tough hour to get through.
I thought it was pretty good :goodposting: We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.
I liked it.I am so in love with that redhead :wub:
I liked the episode and JoanWas cool to see one of those table lighters in the board room. forgot about those.

Didnt realize they had copiers back then. Why the hell were my elementary school teachers battling those blue ink ditto machines in the 70s?

----------------

Now playing: Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

via FoxyTunes
Yeah, I didn't know they had copiers then, either. I bet they were really expensive.

Top notch episode last night. Loved the look on Don's face when Peggy called him "Don" instead of Mr. Draper at the end of the episode (her way to trying to gain equal footing with him). Also, when the little comedian followed that up by calling him "Donny". You could almost see the "WTF" expression on Draper's face, as in, "WTF, when did we go informal around here?"

I love the scene a couple of episodes ago where Draper simultaneously threatens the comedian's manager while copping a feel on her.

Is this show still getting the great reviews? I've seen a few folks say they like it and I thought I'd give it a try. I never watch regular TV though so I'm wondering if it's still getting the love it was.

J

Users who are viewing this thread