What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (3 Viewers)

Just finished watching Season 1 of this show. Does it get better or is this about it?
if you didn't like the first, you're probably not going to like the rest
That was my guess. What do y'all like about this one so much that I'm missing?
How could you watch the entire season if you did not like it?

After a few episodes, wouldn't you stop watching?

I didn't start watching until last year at this time, and I watched Seasons 1-5 twice. I DVR the 2-3 episodes AMC plays every Sunday now. Fun to go back and see how they've all developed.

Just finished watching Season 1 of this show. Does it get better or is this about it?

I didn't start watching until last year at this time, and I watched Seasons 1-5 twice. I DVR the 2-3 episodes AMC plays every Sunday now. Fun to go back and see how they've all developed.
Figured I'd hang on and see if it got better. Gotta have something on while I'm browsing the internet at night.

Started watching this a few weeks ago and I love it. Just started season 3. Between this and Breaking Bad I feel like a big dummy for waiting this long

Figured I'd hang on and see if it got better. Gotta have something on while I'm browsing the internet at night.
I'm watching a 2008 episode right now while working....lol

Eh, they probably wouldn't have been able to get a full season out as fast if they didn't break it up.

It's inevitable MM will get its own postgame show, a la BB and Walking Dead, right?

There's your problem. You have to actually pay attention.

That doesn't make these characters any more interesting. :shrug: Stopped watching altogether after season 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slapdash said:
Christo said:

That doesn't make these characters any more interesting. :shrug: Stopped watching altogether after season 2.
I'm sure there is an episode of "Mob Doctor" on out there for you.

Slapdash said:
Christo said:

I'm sure there is an episode of "Mob Doctor" on out there for you.
No idea what that is. You guys sure are sensitive.

Slapdash said:
Christo said:

That doesn't make these characters any more interesting.
How do you know if you were browsing the internet at the same time?

Slapdash said:
Christo said:

I said I was doing that after watching it for a while, not the whole time. Not sure why you care so much.

Slapdash said:
Christo said:

I said I was doing that after watching it for a while, not the whole time. Not sure why you care so much.
:lmao:

Slapdash said:
Christo said:

:lmao:
Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

At least you are dedicated to horrible shtick.

Finally finished the last half of season 6 over the weekend ... can't stop thinking about having a couple drinks with Betty and her leaving the door open for me. Anyway, season 6 epitomized what makes this a great show (tons of drama and development among so many different characters, almost too many though?). Season 7 seems predictable to me: Don embrace his true self and become the father he never had as he sees what he's begun to do to his kids. Betty will fall in love all over again, etc.

Anybody have any thoughts on what surprises could be ahead?

I think we found the issue here.

This is a show that demands focus. Each of the interactions has a subtlety and layers. The things left unsaid -- like jazz, sometimes it the notes you don't play.

Finally finished the last half of season 6 over the weekend ... can't stop thinking about having a couple drinks with Betty and her leaving the door open for me. Anyway, season 6 epitomized what makes this a great show (tons of drama and development among so many different characters, almost too many though?). Season 7 seems predictable to me: Don embrace his true self and become the father he never had as he sees what he's begun to do to his kids. Betty will fall in love all over again, etc.

Anybody have any thoughts on what surprises could be ahead?
I predict none of those things will happen.

I haven't seen S6 yet, just got caught up on Netflix. The show is so amazing that I feel nostalgic about S1. Even though the entire show is partially about nostalgia, I see the later seasons and remember fondly what things used to be like, I want to rewatch S1 like I am reliving a better, simpler time. Absolute genius.

Joel Murray shooting the puck at the the Hawks/Preds game. Wouldn't confirm he's in the new season. Probably means we'll be seeing Freddy Rumsen this year.

Users who are viewing this thread