What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (1 Viewer)

I do hope Peggy can get some redemption. Because the path she is heading down, she will be a angry bitter old woman who broke through the barriers but paid the price with her personal life.

She was the one I rooted for most of the series.

Yeah, I liked this episode. I'm particularly intrigued by Pete's storyline, because his new squeeze seems to be much healthier for him that Trudi ever was. Trudi constantly reinforced Pete's need to feel unappreciated and conspired against. This chick is basically challenging him to man up.

Just watched it again. That last scene was really poignant. Is Sally the first person to tell Don that she loves him and actually mean it? He grew up without family, Betty was a leach, Megan is debatable. I thought that whole last 30 minutes with Sally was just great.

Just watched it again. That last scene was really poignant. Is Sally the first person to tell Don that she loves him and actually mean it? He grew up without family, Betty was a leach, Megan is debatable. I thought that whole last 30 minutes with Sally was just great.
Agreed. I actually liked this episode quite a bit. Definitely better than the 1st for me.

And all she wants from him is honesty.

I have to imagine there is a way for Don to get around that non-compete if the company he is with chooses to not allow him to work.

He's not starting a firm with Pete though. At least I sure as hell hope not.

So I started this series... watched the first 4 episodes and it just seems... meh. Rather boring. Does this ever pick up?
I heard one of the fat guys gets some food stuck in his beard on Duck Dynasty this week, maybe that's more your speed.
Ohhh, soooo sorry I insulted your favorite show by stating that it's started off slow and boring! :o
The whole series is basically personal demons and people talking. If that's not your speed, then it's not your speed. :shrug:

I personally love the show so I would tell you to give it the first season. If the #### Whitman story like doesn't grab you then bail.

So I started this series... watched the first 4 episodes and it just seems... meh. Rather boring. Does this ever pick up?
I heard one of the fat guys gets some food stuck in his beard on Duck Dynasty this week, maybe that's more your speed.
Ohhh, soooo sorry I insulted your favorite show by stating that it's started off slow and boring! :o
The whole series is basically personal demons and people talking. If that's not your speed, then it's not your speed. :shrug:

I personally love the show so I would tell you to give it the first season. If the #### Whitman story like doesn't grab you then bail.
Last season & this one have been below par IMO, although last night was better than last week. Need more Don Draper action...it's just not the same when Don isn't having an affair.

:lmao:

I'm sure there's an episode of "Bones" on Netflix for you.

Nothing about the first episode was boring to me, but that's the same style the show uses throughout. Not enough car crashes or zombie kills?

Great piece of acting by her. Looked up her imdb page. Born in Nov., 1999. I feel old.

Now THAT is a fair and reasonable suggestion.

I have to imagine there is a way for Don to get around that non-compete if the company he is with chooses to not allow him to work.

He's not starting a firm with Pete though. At least I sure as hell hope not.
Only reason I said Pete is b/c Pete sort of foreshadowed a new firm last night and....they need a plot line for him since he's a main character.....and he's closing accounts

Last edited by a moderator:
Great piece of acting by her. Looked up her imdb page. Born in Nov., 1999. I feel old.
She's been a great actor the entire series

Agree with all this. I think the core of this season will be Don and Sally's relationship, which is a perfect way to wrap up the series. They've always had tremendous chemistry. Clearly she's the only one who can save him from feeling hollow for the rest of his life.

Looking forward to seeing how Don and Peggy's stories are resolved most of all. I agree that this episode looked promising that it will be a good ending for Don, and Sally will be a key part of it.

In earlier seasons Peggy was more of a focal point, then they added too many new characters IMO. I thought the show was going to go more in depth with her struggles as a female in that era who had genuine talent and good ideas. Lately it seems like they don't know what to do with her and hopefully that changes.

Don probably reunites with Betty and the final shot of the series will be the family together on a beach, Don and Sally flying a kite together while Betty looks on, smiling, drinking an iced tea.

:sarcasm:

Agree with all this. I think the core of this season will be Don and Sally's relationship, which is a perfect way to wrap up the series. They've always had tremendous chemistry. Clearly she's the only one who can save him from feeling hollow for the rest of his life.
I have heard one of the last shots of the series will be Don as he is today (Probably be in his 80's). Maybe him with Sally and his grandchildren

Is there a new Bobby this season? Maybe there isn't one?

I have heard one of the last shots of the series will be Don as he is today (Probably be in his 80's). Maybe him with Sally and his grandchildren
I think that's just an internet rumor. I would love to see it though.

In earlier seasons Peggy was more of a focal point, then they added too many new characters IMO. I thought the show was going to go more in depth with her struggles as a female in that era who had genuine talent and good ideas. Lately it seems like they don't know what to do with her and hopefully that changes.
I like what they did with her with the flowers this week. Even hard core career women can have irrational meltdowns over a guy. :)

A shot of Don today will be his tombstone. No way he's making it to his 80s given his level of smoking and drinking.

I like what they did with her with the flowers this week. Even hard core career women can have irrational meltdowns over a guy. :)
I don't. I hate arrogant and selfish people who think everything is about them.

Don continues to pull the strings. Lunch with rival agency + casual bump in with yet another agency (McCann IIRC). SDCP will be falling over themselves to get him back in the fold.

:moneybags:
Did you notice the sign in the lobby said SCP instead of SDCP?
The removal of the "D" from SDCP happened last season way before they kicked Don to the curb. Draper even agreed to it.
After the merger they needed a new name. If they included all named partners it was going to be 5 names, once you took out the dead guys Pryce and Gleason. So Cutler suggested Sterling Cooper & Partners, though his motivation was mainly to lure the SCDP partners into a false sense of security.

Yep!

His character is a #### but he does deserve his own secretary doesn't he?

Again I'm lukewarm on this episode just like the first one. The big writing ideas in this one were a misunderstanding with flowers and Cooper saying black women can't be at the front desk. oof

Again I'm lukewarm on this episode just like the first one. The big writing ideas in this one were a misunderstanding with flowers and Cooper saying black women can't be at the front desk. oof
And the little idea that Don can connect more fully with his daughter by being honest with her, but that doesn't count. Yeah, it's just like a season 5 episode of Three's Company.

Users who are viewing this thread