What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mahomes or Big Ben (opponent has Brown)? (1 Viewer)

bkterps

Footballguy
Opponent’s roster will probably look like this.  Mine is in parentheses.

Rivers (Mahomes or Ben)

Ingram, McGuire (Gordon, Conner)

Brown, Hilton  (Hopkins, Hill)

Gronk (Ebron)

I see it like this.  If everyone has a “normal” or “projected” game, I should come out ahead.  So I lose if either my guys tank, or his explode. If mine tank, nothing I can do, I’m done.  If his guys explode, I see Brown as the best chance of doing so and putting up 30-40 points. (Gronk could too,  I guess).  I could neutralize some of those points by starting Ben.  I also don’t see NO being able to stop both Brown and Shuster.

If I stick with Mahomes, I’m playing the QB-WR stack against Seattle’s defense.  Which is pretty much what I’ve done all year for an 11-2 record.  If I switch to Ben, and Conner plays, I’m playing the QB-RB stack against the NO defense.

Would love to hear your thoughts!!  Thanks!!

Ingram could be a real nice play this week.  I wouldnt sweat AB so much, Lattimore should cover him, leaving Juju vs Apple.

I wouldnt bank on Conner tho, and Gordon is vs Ravens.   

Have to go with the QB that will score the most points.

Personally I think you're a dog, so I would gamble with the Mahomes/Hill stack. The NO defense is pretty good and the Steelers D is much improved, so that game may not be the shootout we thought it would be.

Have to go with the QB that will score the most points.

Personally I think you're a dog, so I would gamble with the Mahomes/Hill stack. The NO defense is pretty good and the Steelers D is much improved, so that game may not be the shootout we thought it would be.
Without any players already having played you need to choose the QB you think will score the most points.  Playing Ben doesn't offset Brown.  If Mahomes scores more than Ben (he should as he has done most of the season) that helps you more in your goal to win.

The only way I would play Ben over Mahomes is if they were playing Monday night and you had a decent lead so it makes sense to try and cancel Brown's points.  You don't need more points out of your QB to win you just need to keep pace with Brown and you do that more safely with having the guy that gets the ball to Brown.

You can't worry about what your opponent does or doesn't do. You play your best players. Mahomes....

I think you ride what got you to where you are. Muddling with it now is probably not the best option. Week 15 was an anomaly and cost many their playoff run. Mahomes is the TD king this year and they are now playing for a BYE or having to travel for the Wild Card game. If you don't think that is motivation to play the game, I don't know what is. I think it sucks for KC and LAC to be in that situation. The 2 best AFC teams and one will wind up being the #5 Seed and have to travel the entire playoffs.

If it were me and your opponent is playing Rivers, Mahomes is the answer. 

I'm the matchup king in these situations...no way I sit Mahommes for matchups.  Also you aren't enough of a favorite to play the matchup game.

I think this is a close one but I would lean Mahomes.  I have Ben going against Mahomes interestingly.  If TY can’t go though, not sure the wr options but he may be in trouble if you are ahead and start Ben.  Not sure if u can improve at TE?    Good luck

First, it doesn't matter at all if your opponent has Brown - you just want to start the guy that puts up the most points.  If you're convinced Brown is scoring 4 TD's this week then go with Big Ben.  Otherwise just ignore it.

JuJu might not play - left practice early with a groin injury.  If he is out or hobbled then no way to Ben.

But even if everyone looks good for the Steelers, I'd still roll with Mahomes.  I don't expect a lot of points in the Saints-Steelers game.

Here's mine:
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773291-bears-dst-or-titans-dst-whir/
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773327-ppr-flex-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread