What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Many options to choose from at RB (1 Viewer)

Which RB Understudy Do You Start in the Week 17 Championship?

• Verran Morency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurice Morris

• Adrian Peterson

• Frank Gore

• Maurcie Hicks

• Domanic Rhodes

• Zack Crockett

• Tatum Bell

• Ron Dayne

• Cedric Houston

• Total voters

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
I can't remember this many options of backups available to choose from who can make significant contributions. Many of these backs will help FF coaches win (or lose) a championship.

What are your projections for these backs?

This is a tough one this week. At RB2 I am choosing between Gore, Willie Parker, Morency, and Rhodes. Wouldn't be surprised if this decision ends up making or breaking me.

What do we know about the rest of the personnel on these teams?Perhaps the teams with more to play for are where we should find our RB this week -- the teams with nothing to play for might have second-stringers at QB and Oline, this making it a tough day for the running game. :shrug:

This is a tough one this week.  At RB2 I am choosing between Gore, Willie Parker, Morency, and Rhodes.  Wouldn't be surprised if this decision ends up making or breaking me.
I share your difficulties.With S. Alexander, Morris, Gore, Rhodes, Morency, Moats, and A. Peterson on my roster, I have many to choose from.

I did everything I could to hoarde RB's that could be of use this weekend and now comes the work of picking the best 2.

My opponent looks like he is fielding a low scoring team, so I am half tempted to start SA and bank the almost assured 6 points, but I would prefer a back with more playing time.

The gambler, more wanting to win person in me is looking at any two from Gore, Rhodes, and Morency. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we know about the rest of the personnel on these teams?

Perhaps the teams with more to play for are where we should find our RB this week -- the teams with nothing to play for might have second-stringers at QB and Oline, this making it a tough day for the running game.

:shrug:
That is why I am shy on Morris and Rhodes. The match ups are great, however, I do not anticipate 1st stringers run blocking all day.Edited to add:

Mungro could vulture from Rhodes.

Morency will get a real shot at 20 carries, and I think, Gore should get atleast 15 carries.

Who would have thought that with a backfield all season of Shaun Alexander and Mike Anderson that I would start some of the backs that we are talking about in the championship????

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps the teams with more to play for are where we should find our RB this week -- the teams with nothing to play for might have second-stringers at QB and Oline, this making it a tough day for the running game.

That is why I am shy on Morris and Rhodes. The match ups are great, however, I do not anticipate 1st stringers run blocking all day.Edited to add:

Morency will get a real shot at 20 carries, and I think, Gore should get atleast 15 carries.

Who would have thought that with a backfield all season of Shaun Alexander and Mike Anderson that I would start some of the backs that we are talking about in the championship????
My one and only concern about Gore is touches. If we think he will get 15 I will roll with him and expect 60 and a TD at a minimum.I just can't see starting Morency over him when Gore has consistently been good and is getting his first start, while Morency is an unknown. Oh, and SF's rushing defense is better than HOUs.

My one and only concern about Gore is touches. If we think he will get 15 I will roll with him and expect 60 and a TD at a minimum.I just can't see starting Morency over him when Gore has consistently been good and is getting his first start, while Morency is an unknown. Oh, and SF's rushing defense is better than HOUs.
I feel pretty good at his (Gore's) chances of getting 15 carries.

I feel pretty good at his (Gore's) chances of getting 15 carries.
I think I do too -- the catch being that if you look at the Gore thread, you'll see a press conference from yesterday indicating the split would be like last week's (where Gore and Hicks each had exactly 10 carries).10 carries probably makes him a bad start.

Users who are viewing this thread