What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marc Levin... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richn

Footballguy
You were adament, almost insulting last week, making a foolish prediction. Do you see the light yet?? He's on my bench again!I'm not trying to start trouble, however last week you made it like we were out of our minds for even thinking of benching him

Last edited by a moderator:
You were adament, almost insulting last week, making a foolish prediction. Do you see the light yet?? He's on my bench again!I'm not trying to start trouble, however last week you made it like we were out of our minds for even thinking of benching him
I will be playing him again this week.

You were adament, almost insulting last week, making a foolish prediction.  Do you see the light yet??  He's on my bench again!I'm not trying to start trouble, however last week you made it like we were out of our minds for even thinking of benching him
I totally disagree with your thinking. Well first off, who are your other options? Regardless, you can ALWAYS find a receiver who might do well. Do you have Sunday Ticket???? I don't care what you've read, MOSS IS NOT 90%...HE CAN'T RUN. Believe me I want to play him too, he was my #1 pick, I hate having to sit him, but if you've seen him try to run since coming back, you'd agree with me. Unfortunately he CAN'T be productive right now. Again, I don't know your scoring system but my WR scoring incorporates # of catches, receiving yds, and LENGTH of TD...the longer the TD the more it's worth.

Depends who else you've got to replace him. If you're stuck with a Stallworth guy, it may be best to roll the dice with Moss, who at least will be a red zone target.

I totally disagree with your thinking.
How can you disagree with his thinking when he didn't even say what it was? :( I will be starting Moss this week as well. Even at 75% (or whatever you think he is) he's probably going to get more opportunities to score than most other WR's in the league. This game sure looks like it will be a shootout, and the Vikes are one of the few teams in the league that seem to prefer to pass in the redzone even when it's for short yardage. Moss could easily come out of this game with 2 or 3 TD's. I certainly don't expect it and in fact would be happy with just 1, but he's the kind of player that has that upside. There are probably only about 5 or 6 other receivers in the league that have that same upside week in and week out.If Moss ends up with another 40 yard game my team should be able to survive (hoping that someone else comes up big) but if he comes up with a 2 or 3 TD game that alone could be enough to win my game for me.

I totally disagree with your thinking.
How can you disagree with his thinking when he didn't even say what it was? :( I will be starting Moss this week as well. Even at 75% (or whatever you think he is) he's probably going to get more opportunities to score than most other WR's in the league. This game sure looks like it will be a shootout, and the Vikes are one of the few teams in the league that seem to prefer to pass in the redzone even when it's for short yardage. Moss could easily come out of this game with 2 or 3 TD's. I certainly don't expect it and in fact would be happy with just 1, but he's the kind of player that has that upside. There are probably only about 5 or 6 other receivers in the league that have that same upside week in and week out.If Moss ends up with another 40 yard game my team should be able to survive (hoping that someone else comes up big) but if he comes up with a 2 or 3 TD game that alone could be enough to win my game for me.
I know he WILL get red zone looks. For me this week one of the playoffs, and personally I can't rely on holding my breath for 2 short TD's (length of TD is incorporated into my scoring). I HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIM WITH A CLOSE EYE, HE CAN'T RUN. I need to play receivers who have A SHOT of yds, receptions, and long TD's. I'm sitting him for DJax, Kennison, & Bennett. I'm nervous because ALL 3 HAD BIG GAMES LAST WEEK, it would be hard to replicate.

i to am in the same predicament have Moss and Kennison. Was leaning towards Kennison due a banged up Titans secondary plus Kennison plays on Monday which will be cool to watch if i need points to winsorry about the bad grammer have my 2 month son in my other hand

I would not start Moss unless I lacked viable starting alternatives. Moss is a thoroughbred and must have his wheels functioning at a high level to be effective. In addition, he will be content to go through games on cruise control and not push his body if he doesn't think it is at full speed -- He'd have to earn in his way back into any of my starting lineups, unless I simply had garbage in terms of WR depth.

I'm starting Muhammed, Stokeley and Jimmy Smith with a gimpy Moss on the bench. There's a CHANCE he could score, but if you've got legitimate producers you have to bench him.

Come on..Mark does not know any more than half the guys on the board right now! FF is a futures market, no one knows!

im starting Walker, Smith, and Boldin (gut feeling) over both Santana and Randy this week. i feel im making the right call :ph34r:

Marc who are you starting Moss over?
In one league, Clayton (Driver and Moss)In another, he's WR1, DJax WR2, Jimmy Smith WR3 - Stokely on the bench. Considering Stokely over Jimmy Smith, but Moss will remain in my lineup.

It's a good thing that only a few are called out when they're "wrong," otherwise this forum would have a server overload.

In one league, Clayton (Driver and Moss)In another, he's WR1, DJax WR2, Jimmy Smith WR3 - Stokely on the bench. Considering Stokely over Jimmy Smith, but Moss will remain in my lineup.
pass the pipe this way please.
Don't have the pipe, but could I interest you in this heavily flavored Kool-Aid over here?

It's a good thing that only a few are called out when they're "wrong," otherwise this forum would have a server overload.
I NEVER call out anyone whos wrong, as I am OFTEN wrong....however last week Marc was commenting AS IF WE ARE OUT OF OUR MINDS for even considering sitting Moss, Saying if our teams are that good to bench him, we SHOULDN'T EVEN BE OUT HERE READING THESE FORUMS. Went on to say he'll have 10 catches 140 yds and 3 TD's.......wrong predictions are ok, however insulting us who sat him (we were right as you know), struck a nerve. I even offered to bet him on his tirade, but when I put my $$$ where my mouth was, I never heard back from him.

I NEVER call out anyone whos wrong, as I am OFTEN wrong....however last week Marc was commenting AS IF WE ARE OUT OF OUR MINDS for even considering sitting Moss, Saying if our teams are that good to bench him, we SHOULDN'T EVEN BE OUT HERE READING THESE FORUMS. Went on to say he'll have 10 catches 140 yds and 3 TD's.......wrong predictions are ok, however insulting us who sat him (we were right as you know), struck a nerve. I even offered to bet him on his tirade, but when I put my $$$ where my mouth was, I never heard back from him.
So what !! Have you ever been wrong? Jesus man, why even make a comment about someone who made a wrong prediction. That isn't a big deal.

So what !! Have you ever been wrong? Jesus man, why even make a comment about someone who made a wrong prediction. That isn't a big deal.
If you read my post, the only reason I made the comment was because HE WAS RUDE AND INSULTING saying WE SHOULDN'T BE OUT HERE READING THESE FORUMS, IF WE KEEP MOSS ON OUR BENCH......he insulted ME...read the post before you go off on someone!ps it also says IM OFTEN WRONG!!!!!! so you relax

If you read my post, the only reason I made the comment was because HE WAS RUDE AND INSULTING saying WE SHOULDN'T BE OUT HERE READING THESE FORUMS, IF WE KEEP MOSS ON OUR BENCH......he insulted ME...read the post before you go off on someone!ps it also says IM OFTEN WRONG!!!!!! so you relax
Oh, I read your entire post.

For a goof, I'll say that Stokley outperforms all 3 this week. How he can be benched now is beyond me.

So I said I was wrong often, said I have no problem with wrong predictions. I was pissed because he insulted us, not just offered his prediction. I was making a point, so whats the problem?

So I said I was wrong often, said I have no problem with wrong predictions. I was pissed because he insulted us, not just offered his prediction. I was making a point, so whats the problem?
Two wrongs make a right?

Two wrongs make a right?
Not right, just making a point.

Is it true you were practically insulting like the post suggests?

Nothing out of the ordinary for Levin. He stated that in his opinion you were a fool if you sat Moss.
flavvedoption three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion? Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week. You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.

Nothing out of the ordinary for Levin. He stated that in his opinion you were a fool if you sat Moss.
flavvedoption three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion?  Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week.  You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
People talk in those tones all the time. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. He stated a strong opinion, but in no way did he mean to insult anyone, IMO.

flavvedoption three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion? Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week. You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
People talk in those tones all the time. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. He stated a strong opinion, but in no way did he mean to insult anyone, IMO.
I agree with you that that stuff is not uncommon on the boards and he didn't mean to insult, but as a staffer I think he should lose the condescending tone he uses. Sounds like he frustrated having to deal with us lame-brained losers who question his wisdom.JMHO

I agree with you that that stuff is not uncommon on the boards and he didn't mean to insult, but as a staffer I think he should lose the condescending tone he uses. Sounds like he frustrated having to deal with us lame-brained losers who question his wisdom.JMHO
I didn't think the tone was condescending. I think Mark was confident in his estimation of Moss' skills against the Bears. He was wrong. I don't think anyone needs to start looking for the nails just yet...

The thing I've been impressed with is what a red zone monster Burleson has become. Tied for the NFL lead in red zone targets and 1 TD out of the lead in red zone TDs. He's become the new Chris Carter for Minn.I'm hoping Moss plays and attracts the coverage so Burleson can get his 6th TD (or more) in 7 games. I'm starting him over Hines Ward.

flavvedoption three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion?  Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week.  You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
I didn't think the tone was condescending. I think Mark was confident in his estimation of Moss' skills against the Bears. He was wrong. I don't think anyone needs to start looking for the nails just yet...
Marc is the most condescending of all the FBGs staff. I've seen this tone in many of his posts - to me he comes accross as a teacher patronizing us "idiot" students. Just my opinion, but I felt that way a long time before this Moss thing ever came up.

I think people need to drop it. Levin saidgo away if you have Owen, Moss, Harrison and Walker - don't come here looking for advice. What would the point be?

Marc is the most condescending of all the FBGs staff. I've seen this tone in many of his posts - to me he comes accross as a teacher patronizing us "idiot" students. Just my opinion, but I felt that way a long time before this Moss thing ever came up.
Quite an accusation. Prepared to back it up?

Yeah, from everything I've read I've gotta disagree. Marc is usually here in the FFA giving his opinion on ####, which is commendable in itself. He doesn't have to put his opinion out there for everyone to criticize on these boards.I've read many more condescending mod posts than those I've read by Marc. Just my opinion.

"You are a fool to sit him, and SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING AT THESE BOARDS" is very insulting to me. I had valid points to warrent sitting him. I was right.......and to me these boards are for advice, news, and fun which includes ribbing....if he could give it TO US FOOLS.....then he needs to be able to take it!!!!!!!I wasn't vular or rude.....just giving it back!

After reading some of these posts, some people need a girlfriend or Wife in the worst way. :wall:
If you're refering to me, I'm married to a beautiful woman.
Is that because you are richnsht?As for your insulting comments...

"Your a fool if you sit him" is fair and fine sentiment, imo.

If that is going to bend your fragile ego, that's your problem, not Marc's or anyone else's on this boards.

"SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING AT THESE BOARDS" is taken out of context if you are offended and you need to calm down a bit. He says this to those people that have Ownes, Harrison, Walker AND Moss. If you are not that owner, he was not talking to you and you should not take any offense. If you are - well then, what's the problem?

Props to all - I don't mind being a love 'em or hate 'em guy.Have at it - I'm thick skinned.Sorry to all who think I am condescending. I think everyone will admit that it is a very rare occurrence where I am actually rude, or insulting. And I never go personal - I keep it on football as much as possible.Sorry that the ones I've been short/condescending with have taken it so personally - I will try to be more excellent to you.

You were adament, almost insulting last week, making a foolish prediction.  Do you see the light yet??  He's on my bench again!I'm not trying to start trouble, however last week you made it like we were out of our minds for even thinking of benching him
Not sure - you tell me:
option three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion? Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week. You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.

Not sure - you tell me:
option three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion?  Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week.  You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
Honest reply, Marc? It seems pretty harsh. I think labeling anyone's question on a message board like this as being "stupid" is out of line - especially for a moderator. What someone thinks is a "stupid" question may be one of extreme importance to the person asking it. So if you really do think it's stupid, maybe it's best to just move on rather than comment on it in the first place. And you probably shouldn't be directing people off the boards -- no matter how stacked their team may be. That seems rather counterproductive, don't ya think? :)Just my 2 cents. Take 'em for what their worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread