What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marc Levin... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true you were practically insulting like the post suggests?
Nothing out of the ordinary for Levin. He stated that in his opinion you were a fool if you sat Moss.
flavvedoption three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion?  Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week.  You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
People talk in those tones all the time. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. He stated a strong opinion, but in no way did he mean to insult anyone, IMO.
I agree with you that that stuff is not uncommon on the boards and he didn't mean to insult, but as a staffer I think he should lose the condescending tone he uses. Sounds like he frustrated having to deal with us lame-brained losers who question his wisdom.JMHO
I didn't think the tone was condescending. I think Mark was confident in his estimation of Moss' skills against the Bears. He was wrong. I don't think anyone needs to start looking for the nails just yet...
Marc is the most condescending of all the FBGs staff. I've seen this tone in many of his posts - to me he comes accross as a teacher patronizing us "idiot" students. Just my opinion, but I felt that way a long time before this Moss thing ever came up.
Quite an accusation. Prepared to back it up?
Lol no thx, it's just my opinion, which isn't worth much. Marc is also probably the most active staffer in the Shark Pool, which you have to respect. It just seems I read more of an attitude in some of his posts,. He tends to rip people for threads he finds unnecessary, sometimes a bit too quickly IMO, and the Moss post is a nice example, he's basically calling anyone a fool if they don't start him -- contrary to all the evidence supporting Moss couldn't even run the week before. No biggie either way, sometimes it's good for a laugh.

Honest reply, Marc? It seems pretty harsh. I think labeling anyone's question on a message board like this as being "stupid" is out of line - especially for a moderator.
That I agree with. I apologize for calling the ? stupid - it was out of line.That said, I believe a lot of my statements from that post are being yanked out of context. There are some here who have accurately nailed my feelings at the time.

I had a strong (and wrong) opinion on what Moss would do last week.

Re: statements out of context:

You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.

And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
Those two bolded statements have been yanked around as if I was being insulting - I clearly was not calling anyone a fool or telling them to stop looking to these boards for advice. I apologize for using the word stupid to describe the question/poll, I do not apologize for anything else in that post.

Honest reply, Marc? It seems pretty harsh. I think labeling anyone's question on a message board like this as being "stupid" is out of line - especially for a moderator.
That I agree with. I apologize for calling the ? stupid - it was out of line.That said, I believe a lot of my statements from that post are being yanked out of context. There are some here who have accurately nailed my feelings at the time.

I had a strong (and wrong) opinion on what Moss would do last week.

Re: statements out of context:

You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.

And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
Those two bolded statements have been yanked around as if I was being insulting - I clearly was not calling anyone a fool or telling them to stop looking to these boards for advice. I apologize for using the word stupid to describe the question/poll, I do not apologize for anything else in that post.
I don't think you need to either for what it's worth. I was kidding about telling people to stop coming to the boards. :)

Marc who are you starting Moss over?
In one league, Clayton (Driver and Moss)In another, he's WR1, DJax WR2, Jimmy Smith WR3 - Stokely on the bench. Considering Stokely over Jimmy Smith, but Moss will remain in my lineup.
For a goof, I'll say that Stokley outperforms all 3 this week. How he can be benched now is beyond me.
Well, it IS only friday. I am replacing Smith with Stokely at WR3, but Moss stays in the lineup.

How about locking this abortion??? Or are personal call outs now in vogue?
When they are calling out the staff personally, I won't close it - esp. when they are calling me out.I'll let one of the big three handle it if they want to, but I have no problem with the attacks on me in this thread.I know how this place gets around FF and then NFL playoffs.I also know how this place gets in mid-March.

You were adament, almost insulting last week, making a foolish prediction.  Do you see the light yet??  He's on my bench again!I'm not trying to start trouble, however last week you made it like we were out of our minds for even thinking of benching him
I will be playing him again this week.
Is it true you were practically insulting like the post suggests?
Not sure - you tell me:
option three - stupid question since evreyone knows Moss is out to prove he's still da bomb.My opinion?  Moss goes 10 catches, 140 yards, 3 TDs this week.  You are a fool to sit him for anyone not named Owens or Harrison - and *maybe* Walker.And if you can sit him for two of those guys, stop looking to these boards for advice - you have a no-brainer team.
Honest reply, Marc? It seems pretty harsh. I think labeling anyone's question on a message board like this as being "stupid" is out of line - especially for a moderator. What someone thinks is a "stupid" question may be one of extreme importance to the person asking it. So if you really do think it's stupid, maybe it's best to just move on rather than comment on it in the first place. And you probably shouldn't be directing people off the boards -- no matter how stacked their team may be. That seems rather counterproductive, don't ya think? :)Just my 2 cents. Take 'em for what their worth. :)
I wasn't and am still not fuming, I thought it was cocky & condecending, and just giving back a little.....Thanks for your defense.You're right, calling a question stupid, and someone a fool for having a different opinion than yourself, IS VERY COCKY & Condecending....I really didn't think being cocky back was this big a deal.

and someone a fool
I am getting a little annoyed that you keep pulling this statement up.You def. took that way out of context.And there is an apology not too far up this page for calling the question stupid. That was out of lineI don't apoligize for any other comment in that post.

Here's the quote from my post where like gentlemen I wanted you to back it up, but you surprisingly went away:"I'm NOT trying to be argumentative, but I think you're WAY OFF....NO WAY...I saw him last week, he can't rebound that quickly. I'll tell you what, I'll bet you...it seems your one of the guys who runs this site, if your're right I'll join as a paying member, if I'm right I get access for free. We'd have to agree to what the numbers we would bet on...let me know. "I'm done with this too, it has gotten way out of hand, You were cocky & condecending, no biggie, I just wanted you to back it up. I offered for you to put your $$$ where your mouth was, but I guess you can be as condecending as you want until someone calls you on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the quote from my post where like gentlemen I wanted you to back it up, but you surprisingly went away:"I'm NOT trying to be argumentative, but I think you're WAY OFF....NO WAY...I saw him last week, he can't rebound that quickly. I'll tell you what, I'll bet you...it seems your one of the guys who runs this site, if your're right I'll join as a paying member, if I'm right I get access for free. We'd have to agree to what the numbers we would bet on...let me know. "I'm done with this too, it has gotten way out of hand, You were cocky & condecending, no biggie, I just wanted you to back it up. I offered for you to put your $$$ where your mouth was, but I guess you can be as condecending as you want until someone calls you on it.
That's fine. It's your choice not to accept my apology from earlier in the thread.

That's fine. It's your choice not to accept my apology from earlier in the thread.
NO need to appoligize, I though you were cocky, I felt strongly about you being wrong. I wanted you to back it up....it's really no big deal, thank you for appologizing. Why didn't you accept my bet??

NO need to appoligize, I though you were cocky, I felt strongly about you being wrong. I wanted you to back it up....it's really no big deal, thank you for appologizing. Why didn't you accept my bet??
I surf these boards a lot and don't get back to every thread - esp. on Sun and Mon. Maybe I didn't see it?Down to the left - it says "PM" - you'll def. get my attention that way.So lemmee get this straight, you have been this aggressive with me b/c I didn't see a bet you wanted to make? Had you PM'd me prior to last week's game, I'd be on it.Now, I am on to week 14 issues, and I am not as positive on Moss this week - though I am playing him in the two leagues I own him.As for this comment, it may go in my sig.:
You were cocky & condecending, no biggie, I just wanted you to back it up. I offered for you to put your $$$ where your mouth was, but I guess you can be as condecending as you want until someone calls you on it.
Where IS Bristol anyway - isn't it about time for me to mix it up over Torry Holt?

I surf these boards a lot and don't get back to every thread - esp. on Sun and Mon. Maybe I didn't see it?Down to the left - it says "PM" - you'll def. get my attention that way.So lemmee get this straight, you have been this aggressive with me b/c I didn't see a bet you wanted to make? Had you PM'd me prior to last week's game, I'd be on it.Now, I am on to week 14 issues, and I am not as positive on Moss this week - though I am playing him in the two leagues I own him.As for this comment, it may go in my sig.:
You were cocky & condecending, no biggie, I just wanted you to back it up. I offered for you to put your $$$ where your mouth was, but I guess you can be as condecending as you want until someone calls you on it.
Where IS Bristol anyway - isn't it about time for me to mix it up over Torry Holt?
A pleasure doing business with you, good luck in your games.

Mercy lock. I guarantee Levin will respond to his PMs. If he doesn't, let me know and I'll make life difficult for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread