What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marion Barber (1 Viewer)

ESPN's NFC East blogger Matt Mosley (former Dallas Morning News reporter who has connections with the Cowboys) reports that Barber is feeling better than he did before the Giants game. And since he started that game, it's safe to assume he'll play this one.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-6-170...-on-Barber.html

Mosely does say that Barber has been ineffective of late and expects Choice to get more carries than Barber.

Dallas Cowboys will have to wait on Barber

Running back in questionable, will test injured toe before the game

01:51 AM CST on Saturday, December 20, 2008

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

tarcher@dallasnews.com IRVING – The Cowboys will not know if Marion Barber can play tonight against Baltimore until pregame warmups.

Barber missed his third straight day of practice Friday because of a lingering toe injury and is listed as questionable.

Before playing against the New York Giants last week, Barber went through a workout with running backs coach Skip Peete and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

He had only 2 yards on eight carries and caught two passes for 24 yards last week. If he can't play, rookie Tashard Choice will start for the second time in three games.

Quarterback Tony Romo, who has a bruised back, went through a full workout Friday and is listed as probable.

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter (knee) and guard Montrae Holland (ankle) are out. Cornerback Alan Ball is doubtful with an ankle injury.

Wide receiver Miles Austin (knee), safety Tra Battle (hamstring), safety Keith Davis (knee/shoulder), safety Ken Hamlin (foot), cornerback Adam Jones (neck), wide receiver Isaiah Stanback (shoulder), wide receiver Roy Williams (foot) and tight end Jason Witten (ankle) are probable.

Hamlin was limited in Friday's workout, which marked the first time he practiced this week.
ETAChoice has played great against NYG and Pitt, MBIII hasn't practice all week. IMHO I see no reason why MBIII will play this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
MB was streaching out on the field about 1/2 hr ago. Odd that they just showed Romo now driving up. Should he be there already?

Barber is active, but dont know if he starts. NFL network says that he is feeling better than last week though

side note.. Ray Rice is inactive

NFL Network’s Darrin Horton reports from Texas Stadium that Cowboys RB Marion Barber will be active tonight against the Ravens. Barber has been running and cutting in pregame warmups, and will try to play despite the dislocated toe on his right foot. He had been expected to be a game-time decision after sitting out practice all week.

Had no issues going with Choice last week over Barber. Don't have the same feeling this week, maybe b/c it's title week. Throw up anything from pregame that might be of value, let us decide....

Ugh. I was feeling OK about Choice but have no clue what to do now - I have Barber too, and my only other real option is DeSean Jackson.

any chance barber is suiting up to be emergency back up in case tashard goes down?!?!?! it's mostly wishful thinking...i'm hoping barber is limited and tashard still gets the majority of carries, especially in the 4th quarter when dallas likes to transition from pass first to run first.

any chance barber is suiting up to be emergency back up in case tashard goes down?!?!?! it's mostly wishful thinking...i'm hoping barber is limited and tashard still gets the majority of carries, especially in the 4th quarter when dallas likes to transition from pass first to run first.
if he was going to be limited wouldn't they have activated Coleman?

if he was going to be limited wouldn't they have activated Coleman?
Would think so.

now that Barber is active, I am benching Choice and going with Ronnie Brown at RB2. If Choice were the only option, I would have played him but Barber is too good and BALT is too tough on the run to chance part time stats.

F it... I'm stickin with Choice. He'll still see a lot of action and in a PPR league he'll have decent points. My only other option is Fargas.

now that Barber is active, I am benching Choice and going with Ronnie Brown at RB2. If Choice were the only option, I would have played him but Barber is too good and BALT is too tough on the run to chance part time stats.
Yeah, thats what i think too. LJ has burned me too...but looks like i go with him now over choice.

PPR I need to start 2 of the following: Choice, Morris, Jacobs, Selvin, Foster

RIP Bush, Torain, Hillis, Rice

B/c I need to make a decision tonight, I'm rolling with Choice for sure

I can't start either.

1) Possible spilt carries

2) Low scoring game

3) Excellent Balt Def.

I'll take my chances with some other player (McFadden).

sitting choice, going with ronnie brown and clinton portis....if barber was sitting i was definately starting choice, and then probably going with portis as my other back. i still think choice will have a good game, doesnt matter who he plays, he knows how to run hard and get yards, just baber in the mix means too many question marks as to how many carries choice gets...even though ronnie brown and ricky williams chare carries, but they play K.C., the cowboys are facing the ravens, one tough def against the run no matter how you look at it...good luck everybody, hope you get the trophy...hope i make the right...choice?

I'm playing Choice over MB3. Tough decision, but I think Choice is the safe play. If he tanks, I'll need SJAX/Gore (Foster) to make it up tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread