What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marital Advice - Friendly camping trip too friendly? (5 Viewers)

What do I do next?

• Nothing, let it go.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Go to counseling.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Have my wife call this guy to figure out the events.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
I have a question, how much does this really bother you? I mean, you seriously may want to ask yourself that question. And no, I don't mean that in a "next year's camping trip at Hedonism," I just mean that are you or are you not willing to let this one go? How far and what consequences are you willing to accept?

For all those saying there is no way the wife doesn't remeber well that's just wrong. The OP was so drunk he can't even narrow down the time frame past between 9 and 1. I have been in complete blackout and carried on conversations where the other person had no idea. I was still ordering drinks. So yes she may not remember.

But the other two guys who went to the bathroom remember. And they tried to get the OP to go put the brakes on it. I would try to get the info from them.
:confused: Its pretty likely that she doesn't remember, and you do stupid things when you are drunk. I say forget the whole thing ever happened.
:cry: hmm maybe kilgore trout = steve?
If you go with the forget it route, can we be invited to the camping trip next time?

At the very least, they made out with him getting a peak at the girls. At the VERY least.

My first marriage was the same as you've described. Alot of inter-couple flirting and playing around with jokes about swapping. The main couple we always joked with, who were best friends of ours is divorced now too, and my ex-wife and that guy are getting married in August.

Prepare yourself to hear some really tough #### to hear bro. Not a whole lot of good can come from this except the fact that Steve may be out of your life for good.

For all those saying there is no way the wife doesn't remeber well that's just wrong. The OP was so drunk he can't even narrow down the time frame past between 9 and 1. I have been in complete blackout and carried on conversations where the other person had no idea. I was still ordering drinks. So yes she may not remember.

But the other two guys who went to the bathroom remember. And they tried to get the OP to go put the brakes on it. I would try to get the info from them.
:confused: Its pretty likely that she doesn't remember, and you do stupid things when you are drunk. I say forget the whole thing ever happened.
I just don't see the point in making a federal case about a drunken mishap. Does he think his wife is in love with Steve, or that she would try to have a relationship with him? If the answer to this question is no, than this is not worth risking a whole marriage for. If you are really concerned, tell your wife about what you are worried about and take steps to not put yourself in that position again.

I just don't see the point in making a federal case about a drunken mishap. Does he think his wife is in love with Steve, or that she would try to have a relationship with him? If the answer to this question is no, than this is not worth risking a whole marriage for. If you are really concerned, tell your wife about what you are worried about and take steps to not put yourself in that position again.
This is just the kind of thing that would get me extremely upset and nervous. There's no way I could let something like this go or forget about it - at least until I sorted things out. I'm guessing the OP feels the same way. I can't imagine forgetting about it is really an option ...

To me- this is what drinking and flirting and all that nonsense leads up to. It is time to let the college lifestyle go by the wayside friend. Not totally but keep things in perspective. ….
:confused:
I agree. Except for the "not totally" part. Because the college lifestyle is all about single, immature young adults with little responsibility. Nothing is more pathetic than people who refuse to grow up...and then have children.

This is just the kind of thing that would get me extremely upset and nervous. There's no way I could let something like this go or forget about it - at least until I sorted things out. I'm guessing the OP feels the same way. I can't imagine forgetting about it is really an option ...
I don't see how anyone would trust the wife until this got resoved and Steve should be out of the picture.

:eek: hmm maybe kilgore trout = steve?
:cry:

I felt sick and pissed just reading it. I couldn't imagine if I were in his shoes.

He obviously needs resolution, otherwise he wouldn't have posted this.

Hope you get it 'hat.

Don't forget to keep your good ibuddies updated.

I don't see how anyone would trust the wife until this got resoved and Steve should be out of the picture.
It doesn't sound like his wife remembers anything. She was the one who asked what happened to her bra:
Later that night, my wife wasn't feeling well, as she drank way too much. She walked up to the bathroom, and walked up a few minutes later to check on her. She was doing OK, but wanted to walk back to the campsite. As she walked out of the bathroom, she said "Hey, my #### are haning out of my bra." I asked how that happened, and she had no idea.
If I were inclined to do anything, I would ask Steve about it. If you think Steve was sober enough to be trying to take advantage of your wife, that would be a problem. If I trusted my wife up until that night, and she told me honestly that she didn't remember, I would believe her. I may talk about what we will do in the future when drinking is involved, but I don't think she consciously went after Steve.

How was the relationship with your wife prior to this camping trip???

And my money is on Steve's junk, at the very least, in your wife's hands.

:rolleyes: Its pretty likely that she doesn't remember, and you do stupid things when you are drunk. I say forget the whole thing ever happened.
:lmao: hmm maybe kilgore trout = steve?
:ptts:

I felt sick and pissed just reading it. I couldn't imagine if I were in his shoes.

He obviously needs resolution, otherwise he wouldn't have posted this.

Hope you get it 'hat.

Don't forget to keep your good ibuddies updated.
I felt the same way, even though it makes for great reading. There is no way I would be able to let this go. I would need to get to the bottom of it. And if, in fact, something did happen, that would be the end of my marriage. I would have serious trust issues for the rest of my marriage to this women. I do hope, for the OP's sake, that nothing happened.

:rolleyes: Its pretty likely that she doesn't remember, and you do stupid things when you are drunk. I say forget the whole thing ever happened.
:ptts: hmm maybe kilgore trout = steve?
This is the question that you need to address. Is it was a case of some innocent flirting that went a little too far because of excessive drinking, or is she really contemplating infidelity? If its the former, you should have a discussion with her, and at the very least change the ground rules about flirting. If its the latter, its a symptom of much larger relationship issues.

At best, wife has latent feelings for Steve, and with the addition of alcohol, those latent feelings surfaced again. Another possibility is that those feelings aren't latent, and she just got the balls to act on them.

Something happened in that toilet, and it wasn't two people taking 15-minute ####s in separate stalls.

proninja said:
The part of this story I don't understand is how you were told your wife was in a bathroom stall with another man multiple times, and didn't do anything.Sorry man. :confused:
I thought the same thing.

proninja said:
The part of this story I don't understand is how you were told your wife was in a bathroom stall with another man multiple times, and didn't do anything.Sorry man. :confused:
Seriously, 15 minutes is a long, long time.

To me- this is what drinking and flirting and all that nonsense leads up to. It is time to let the college lifestyle go by the wayside friend. Not totally but keep things in perspective. ….
I agree. Except for the "not totally" part. Because the college lifestyle is all about single, immature young adults with little responsibility. Nothing is more pathetic than people who refuse to grow up...and then have children.
My point in the "not totally" part was to still take in some other very cool things in the college experience like alumni activities or to show his children the university that they lived on for those years (among many other things). The college lifestyle is not solely based on single, immature attitudes but it is very close so I see your point. The fact remains that a lot of people like to "cling" to that part of the lifestyle even as they get married and have kids. In Chicago- you go to Wrigley-ville and you see this all over the place. The twenty somethings still clinging on. They long for a slice of that life. This particular case is a prime example of what booze will do to people and based on the feedback in this thread it is possible that the scale can tip in either direction of dictating what the future will hold for this man and his family.....

I think the wife is telling the truth, why would she mention that her puppies were out but the bra was still clasped if she knew she messed around with Steve. I wouldn't get mad at the wife here, she was probably too drunk to remember and Steve took advantage of her. Your problem should be with Steve.

Are you still friends with this guy? Do you only see him once a year? If it is only once a year, let it go - if you are still steaming about it a year from now and you decide to do this trip again then act on it. If you see him more frequently then that then have a talk with him and let him know how you feel. :confused:

OK, I'm here to answer some questions. Yes, we were all drinking, quite a bit. She was puking the next morning, so she definitely had more than her fair share. I knew when talking to her late in the night that she was hammered. I was drunk, but I remember all the days and nights events, and can recite them in order. I just wasn't looking at a watch. As usual with me, I stop drinking well before I reach doing someting stupid phase.

I do not think she wants this guy or wants a relationship with this guy. My gut feeling is that she drank too much and something happened, but I don't know what's up.

I've never really questioned her before. She's never, ever given me a reason to think that she'd cheat, so I do trust her quite a bit.

I'm going to email George right now to see what he can tell me.

A lot of single guys in this thread giving advice to a married father of two.
I'm married and this situation would be suxor.
Agreed, however I cant help be wonder why the OP didnt go check on his wife when his friends told him to. I am sure the OP did trust his wife, but do you really trust a "steve" to be alone with her back in the woods after they have both been drinking? I dont think you can leave your wife and kids over this. I would however suggest going to talk to a therapist of some sort because there are obvious problems between you both if this sort of thing is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of single guys in this thread giving advice to a married father of two.
Married guy and father of one here.I don't see much problem like some of the other posters with having a yearly event like this where old friends get together, blow off some steam and knock a few back. Especially with kids safely at grandmas, and their out in the woods where nothing really bad can happen.And I am with those saying I could not rest until I got to the bottom of EXACTLY what happend here.Finally, I would echo the sentiment of others that I find it VERY unlikely that your wife doesn't remember any of this. She seemed to be very drunk at the time, but not totally out of it. Your wife knows, and your buddy George has a good idea, if not specific details (as it sounds like he left only a minute in to this rendezvous).At this point, I would believe anything happened along the range of:slightly more than harmless flirting, making out > a little groping over the clothes > playing with the breasts > something more > the full dealYour wife is being evasive, so start with George.

Doesn't sound like any of these people are your friends. A friend would have intervened when they saw two drunk people not married to each other head into a bathroom stall together.

And if, in fact, something did happen, that would be the end of my marriage.
I just don't think it is worth throwing away 8 years of marriage especially with 2 kids because your wife made a drunken mistake. She's only human. If she makes the mistake again however, than we can start talking about divorce. The easier person to break up with in this instance is Steve.

proninja said:
Seriously, 15 minutes is a long, long time.
Well, call it being nieve. As I said, we always joke around with each other, and when George first said it, I assumed it was like a "She walked into the stall with him, laughed and then walked out." At right around the fifteen minute mark, with George's second reminder, I was getting up to go check, and that's when they returned.

The next move begins with George and ends with Steve. I think you know that something bad happened here, but don't really want to face it (who would?). So prepare yourself now for tough times ahead. It sounds like this is something you won't be able to just "let go", so don't ignore it. It won't go away and it will just be in the back of your mind eating at you. Very sad story. :(

And seriously, you should have checked on your wife, if not at the first warning from George, definitely at the 2nd. Unless you were more drunk then you were letting on. If that is the case, then you know your wife was blitzed (assuming you outweigh her by quite a bit). Seriously I would cut your wife some slack here.

Obviously nobody hear knows these people was well as the OP, but if this were me, I'd have just about as much evidence as I need to be personally convinced that there was infidelity at SOME level going on in there.

I mean, former college player and a girl who had a crush on him blitzed out of their minds taking 20 minutes longer than everyone else with a witness placing them in the same stall?

2 + 2 = 4

I also don't really buy that she doesn't remember - I don't see how the bra thing contradicts this as she said the bra thing while she was extremely drunk and obviously lacking in judgement.

I don't think you can "let it go" because it's not something you'll just be able to forget - it'll just sit there and dwell.

You need to lean on your wife, George, and Steve in that order. I'm on board with some others here that say that George knows what was going on - him telling you they "were in the same stall" was his way of fulfilling his duty to you as a friend, yet at the same time maintaining enough deniability that he doesn't become the key cog in the Steve/Wife Vs. You drama that is brewing.

George should tell you exactly what he knows - as should your wife. Once that is out in the open it's up to you to decide how to handle it with the misses.

GL dude. Sorry about this.

proninja said:
The part of this story I don't understand is how you were told your wife was in a bathroom stall with another man multiple times, and didn't do anything.Sorry man. :(
I'd agree. I'd probably not take it seriously at all, but I'd at least go over and play along with it and pretend like I'm catching them in the act or whatever knowing that there's a 99 percent chance nothing is happening - all the time making sure I know if it's that one percent.

Some good advice, some not so good advice and some twisted (normal) junk here.

1) DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO HEAR THE ANSWER TO!

Simply put: be prepared for the worst if you want to find out exactly what happened.

How much you discover may be more damaging than what you suspect. Be prepared for that. This might not have been their first encounter if they were so open about doing something with you nearby.

Find out from "George" and the others what they saw and heard. If you need details, ask for them.

2) YOU NEED TO TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT.

You have a relationship with this woman and that it might be damaged is what concerns you deeply.

You first thought should be repairing the marriage and healing the wound created by this doubt.

Share with her your pain. Tell her she created doubts in your relationship. Her "amnesia" does not mean it did not happen.

However, make sure that you get her to talk about it too. This is not your issue, but an issue for your marriage - BOTH OF YOU!

3) BE PREPARED TO WRITE STEVE OFF

If he has crossed the line into your "territory", he is a selfish individual and cares not about you or your friendship or your marriage. He is only out for what satisfies him. HE IS NO FRIEND! Realize that now. Your other friends might already know this after what they witnessed. Make it clear to your wife that due to the events that you need both of you to (forever) have no contact with Steve again. This is her making sure to erase any doubts she has for her feelings for you and her committment to your marriage.

Good Luck. This is not a pleasant spot to be in. My "doubts" ended in divorce when she "recalled" all the mistakes she had made.

I also don't really buy that she doesn't remember - I don't see how the bra thing contradicts this as she said the bra thing while she was extremely drunk and obviously lacking in judgement.
How come people don't buy this? Heavy drinking can induce blackouts. :( She was throwing up the next day, a clear sign that she had way too much too drink. MIYH knows more about his wife than we do, so it really depends on if he thinks she's lying. But from an earlier post, it sounds like he trusts her.

I'm going to email George right now to see what he can tell me.
I would call him or meet him somewhere to talk in person. Make it clear that you want to know what happened. I know that if I were in George's situation, I would try to be evasive and not want to "hurt" my friend by telling all. He may not want to spill the beans because he might feel partially responsible for not intervening himself or being more forceful to get you to check in on them in the bathroom. Be aware of that.

Simply put: be prepared for the worst if you want to find out exactly what happened.

How much you discover may be more damaging than what you suspect. Be prepared for that. This might not have been their first encounter if they were so open about doing something with you nearby.

Find out from "George" and the others what they saw and heard. If you need details, ask for them.

You have a relationship with this woman and that it might be damaged is what concerns you deeply.

You first thought should be repairing the marriage and healing the wound created by this doubt.

Share with her your pain. Tell her she created doubts in your relationship. Her "amnesia" does not mean it did not happen.

However, make sure that you get her to talk about it too. This is not your issue, but an issue for your marriage - BOTH OF YOU!

If he has crossed the line into your "territory", he is a selfish individual and cares not about you or your friendship or your marriage. He is only out for what satisfies him. HE IS NO FRIEND! Realize that now. Your other friends might already know this after what they witnessed. Make it clear to your wife that due to the events that you need both of you to (forever) have no contact with Steve again. This is her making sure to erase any doubts she has for her feelings for you and her committment to your marriage.

Good Luck. This is not a pleasant spot to be in. My "doubts" ended in divorce when she "recalled" all the mistakes she had made.
What he said.

I think the wife is telling the truth, why would she mention that her puppies were out but the bra was still clasped if she knew she messed around with Steve. I wouldn't get mad at the wife here, she was probably too drunk to remember and Steve took advantage of her. Your problem should be with Steve.
Good point. Steve should have either put them puppies back in the kennel, or come back to the camp fire and said "Hey! Why is my pecker hanging out?"

:( Solid advice, especially the bolded part. I'd only change 3) to read "WRITE STEVE OFF". He's done as a "friend".

How come people don't buy this? Heavy drinking can induce blackouts. :( She was throwing up the next day, a clear sign that she had way too much too drink. MIYH knows more about his wife than we do, so it really depends on if he thinks she's lying. But from an earlier post, it sounds like he trusts her.
I have been way drunk many times in my life and on many of those occasions I have had relations of some sort with a woman and each time I woke up the next day knowing exactly what I did with my little buddy and what I didnt. She knows what happend, she may just be choosing to forget about it. All I know is I can accomplish quite a bit in 15 mins.

How come people don't buy this? Heavy drinking can induce blackouts. :bag: She was throwing up the next day, a clear sign that she had way too much too drink. MIYH knows more about his wife than we do, so it really depends on if he thinks she's lying. But from an earlier post, it sounds like he trusts her.
I have been way drunk many times in my life and on many of those occasions I have had relations of some sort with a woman and each time I woke up the next day knowing exactly what I did with my little buddy and what I didnt. She knows what happend, she may just be choosing to forget about it. All I know is I can accomplish quite a bit in 15 mins.
YOU can, SHE can't.but then again, who cares?

Married, father of one.

I still can't get past the question, what is the end game here? I mean, what does the OP want to happen? Where is it all going to end? And if he starts going to George, who you know is going to tell his wife, then she tells Jim's wife, who tells Jim, then the whole group of friends now has this really uncomfortable cloud hanging over it because of something two people may or may not have done. No one is going to tell the truth here either cause they don't remember all the details or don't want to. And the OP is going to just keep getting more and more unnerved because of all of us who don't know any of these people involved until it becomes this inescapable tension and relationships of people who may totally love each other start suffering. You learned a lesson about getting this hammered and in these situations, and it sounds like your wife definitely did as well. I wish you the best of luck with coming to terms however you need to with what happened this past weekend, but I would only advise you to keep in mind what you want the outcome to be.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you laugh a lot for someone who's wife was macking on someone else. I'll never get why ppl get so damn drunk they don't even remember what the hell happened throughout a night. :bag:

oh, and you call the guy and find out the events, i'd almost play it off as saying your wife told you everything and you want to clarify it with him.

What are you gonna do if it turns out you wife and him had the secks?

How come people don't buy this? Heavy drinking can induce blackouts. :bag: She was throwing up the next day, a clear sign that she had way too much too drink. MIYH knows more about his wife than we do, so it really depends on if he thinks she's lying. But from an earlier post, it sounds like he trusts her.
YOU can, SHE can't.but then again, who cares?
I bet Steve can too..

I don't know about everyone else, but not knowing at this point is worse than knowing. That's the part of this story that gets me a little sick. What's done is done, but I want to know what the hell is going on. I wouldn't be able to get past this hurdle without knowing exactly what jumping the hurdle entailed. I'm not even saying it's a marriage ender, but hell, no way could I continue on without knowing just what happened. That's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread