What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark ingram to Giants? (1 Viewer)

I think this may make one of the top ten worst threads I have seen in the SP. :bs: 43 posts, so far, based on a fake insider and "confirmed" because a message board poster say he heard the same thing???

:lol:
I won't do the whole insult/mock me bit so then I'm going to come post some resume here and...no way I'm going down that road. I just said they talked. I see you're relatively new and you have a right to question anything but even still If you don't believe me, I don't care. I rarely get tips anymore and if I do I share them. I'm not going to start posting some resume because you don't know who I am.
I never asked for a resume Mr Insider :tebow: ....but it would be interesting to know where you heard this
I'm not mr. nfl insider. Are you done?

I think this may make one of the top ten worst threads I have seen in the SP. :bs: 43 posts, so far, based on a fake insider and "confirmed" because a message board poster say he heard the same thing???

I won't do the whole insult/mock me bit so then I'm going to come post some resume here and...no way I'm going down that road. I just said they talked. I see you're relatively new and you have a right to question anything but even still If you don't believe me, I don't care. I rarely get tips anymore and if I do I share them. I'm not going to start posting some resume because you don't know who I am.
I never asked for a resume Mr Insider :tebow: ....but it would be interesting to know where you heard this
New kid, rather than being lazy you could start with the info that's right in front of you like Bri has been here for over a decade and has 35000 posts, or anything in his Sig.

New kid, rather than being lazy you could start with the info that's right in front of you like Bri has been here for over a decade and has 35000 posts, or anything in his Sig.
Oh...got it. 35000 message board posts makes you an insider :homer: ...btw "new kid", I have been here since 08...Changed my name so league mates don't know who I am
Sure you did

If trade is actually being discussed, this is t good for Ingram even if he stays with saints. Must not be part of their plan

Where do we rank Pierre thomas? Is he even healthy?

Oh...got it. 35000 message board posts makes you an insider :homer: ...btw "new kid", I have been here since 08...Changed my name so league mates don't know who I am
Sure you did
:rolleyes: .....zzzzz
It's a shame that the irony is lost on you.

Sure you did

Bazinga! said:
Casting Couch said:
Bazinga! said:
How do you change your name ?
New account with a new email address. That's why it looks like I just started. Been an FBG subscriber for 5 yrs.

BTW, sorry to everyone...didn't mean to disrupt the thread...for some reason bogus rumors irritate me.
Oh, so you have inside information that the rumors are bogus?

Well, we should know by 5pm tomorrow. That is when the saints have to get their roster down to 53. It seems that the rumor is stemming from this undrafted free agent rookie khyr Robinson (sp?). They are high on him and want to keep him in the roster.

But it just doesnt make sense to me. Ingram is still vey young and talented. They just let ivory go. Sproles is a small guy who can't handle the load (and is 30). Thomas is a solid Rb who gets hurt a lot. And is on the downside of his career. Robinson is an udfa rookie.

And you are willing to trade away a former 1st rd pick who you haven't even give. A legitimate shot to shine in your offense a week before the season begins?

Just doesnt sound rt to me.

Well, we should know by 5pm tomorrow. That is when the saints have to get their roster down to 53. It seems that the rumor is stemming from this undrafted free agent rookie khyr Robinson (sp?). They are high on him and want to keep him in the roster.

But it just doesnt make sense to me. Ingram is still vey young and talented. They just let ivory go. Sproles is a small guy who can't handle the load (and is 30). Thomas is a solid Rb who gets hurt a lot. And is on the downside of his career. Robinson is an udfa rookie.

And you are willing to trade away a former 1st rd pick who you haven't even give. A legitimate shot to shine in your offense a week before the season begins?

Just doesnt sound rt to me.z
I agree. I call B.S.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some talk, particularly if the backfield in NO is getting crowded.

Saints GM: Hey! The Giants just lost A.Brown. Let's give em a call and see if we can move Ingram.

<grabs phone>

Giants GM: Hello?

Saints GM: Uh, I saw that news on Brown. Interested in Ingram?

Giants GM: Well, Brown is only gone till week 3 or 4.

Saints GM: Comeon dude, I'm offering an early round draft pick!

Giants GM: I don't know. Ingram hasn't exactly set the league on fire the last two years.

Saints GM: That's by design. We've been pacing him to play till he's 40.

Giants GM: Seriously, dude. I'm not really interested.

Saints GM: You haven't even heard how little we want. We'll take a 4th rounder for him.

Giants GM: I'm not interested. We've got a young guy we like.

Saints GM: How about a conditional 7th?

Saints GM: Hello? You there?

Saints GM: Is the line dead?

Saints GM: Someone get me the front office of the Steelers. New York sai......is still thinking about it.

:bs:

Ok, just saw this thread. Is there anything substantial to this or is it pure BS?
just talk, two teams had a discussion.
:)

What is up with the people who joined yesterday calling people out? Just because you have no idea who Bri is does not mean he is some message board idiot. In years past we would frequently get real tips early from local insiders on this message board. It does not happen as often anymore, likely because of garbage like this.

Ok, just saw this thread. Is there anything substantial to this or is it pure BS?

What is up with the people who joined yesterday calling people out? Just because you have no idea who Bri is does not mean he is some message board idiot. In years past we would frequently get real tips early from local insiders on this message board. It does not happen as often anymore, likely because of garbage like this.
got a link?

You guys crack me up. I've been here since the old yeller days. Exactly who is Bri? Are you saying he's somebody other than a random message board poster? He is a guy who claims to be a writer yet couldn't compose a grammatically correct post. In fact, his posts were practically incomprehensible for years-people used to joke about it.

And what's a "local insider"? A guy who reads the local sports pages for his team and then comes here to report it? Or a guy who has team connections? I don't recall a lot of the latter here-certainly not "frequently".

Just because a guy here is familiar, and/or posts a lot, does not give him any elevated credibility. A lot of wannabe scouts/writers/FF bloggers are around here (as well as some guys who DO write well and can give meaningful analysis, though these are far fewer in number).

You guys crack me up. I've been here since the old yeller days. Exactly who is Bri?
Some guy who said he heard the same thing, somewhere. :shrug:

That's pretty much the vetting process for a rumor, isn't it? That people have heard it? Doesn't mean there's any sort of positive truth value to it. Just that it's out there.

At which point our job here becomes, "Hey, is there anything to this?" Looks like no. I'd rather hear this sort of thing and have the chance to dismiss it out of hand by my own choice, rather than having people who hear this sort of thing keep it to themselves.

FantasyMan said:
Bazinga! said:
FantasyMan said:
Bazinga! said:
FantasyMan said:
Bazinga! said:
Bri said:
Bazinga! said:

Sure you did
SAY MY NAME...........

Harsh crowd.

I agree with Zen, I'd prefer to hear the info so I can decide what I think of it rather than never hear the info.

It might be pointless speculation but this would be the ideal time for the Saints to trade him. He is healthy, had a good preseason and he will want to get paid next season.

I think the backlash against Bri is because Bri isn't saying from whence his information came.

There's a real possibility that there is but one source of this rumor, but that once the rumor gets loose, the path splits and it appears to have corroboration but in reality still has one common source.

A tells B, B tells C and D, C tells E, D tells F, E and F tell G. So from G's perspective, he heard it from two independent sources (E and F) because when he asked E and F where they heard it, they gave him two independent sources (C and D). But the reality is that it still originated from A.

It's the down side of our current drive to deliver news first. We report first because there is $ and status in being first to report. Then, maybe, we go back and investigate the trail.

I remember once i met a nextdoor neighbor and friend of Tom Coughlin at a party. The week before Eli Manning injured something (i forget what). Mortenson said his sources said Eli would miss his next game. I asked the neighbor and he said tom said eli was fine and would play. I posted on these boards the info as an fyi and got abused left and right. A few days later eli played and everyone was apologizing.

Looks like this dude accurately "predicted" the release of Tebow yesterday. Or did he receive insider information?
I just noticed that.

If you go back to the beginning of that tweeter feed, he started out at FA, 3/13/13.

He had two callouts, one was that Deangelo Hall was going to the Lions, false; the other was that Vince Young had talked to the Raiders about a tryout.

Apparently PFT had already taken notice of him then because they got into a twit fight, including Florio. Then PFT reported this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/report-raiders-having-preliminary-talks-with-vince-young/#comment-2391061

He seems to have a connection in the Raider organization. He claimed he talked to a GM during the draft. He claimed he got the Young/raiders story directly from Young after speaking to him on the phone.

It seems to me this guy is in the NFL rumor mill. Now the thing to remember just like PFT rumors a lot of them never come true. In fact DCIV says that agents use PFT to pump up their clients' stock, which someone else above mentioned.

There have been some other weird things with the Saints RB situation this week:

-Cadet did not make the trip to Miami, surprise surprise

- KR had another great game, the people love him

- Ingram played, od for the 4th PS game in, came out, and then came in again in the 2nd half, then left again - never heard of an injury to KR

- Ingram has been running very well, with aggression

The Saints like to keep 4 HBs, last year they actually kept 5, but I think they prefer 4

It would not surprise me if the Giants have indeed been calling around to various teams. The Saints would make sense as others have said. However, DCIV says the Saints also talked to the Steelers, which is very odd.

Ingram's agent is Joel Segal, and he's been known to spend a lot of time here. In fact I know people who have met him, he used to be the agent for Darren Sharper for instance. He might be pushing this, who knows.

So I don't think this is a hoax feed. However just keep in mind the nature of media and rumors, in politics, sports, everything; the fact that he heard the rumor may be true; the truthiness of the rumor itself or the source or the reason it was released is in doubt.

? He is a guy who claims to be a writer yet couldn't compose a grammatically correct post. In fact, his posts were practically incomprehensible for years-people used to joke about it.
Heh you're not wrong, I remember that. The grammar police were in full force back then and I just never cared really. The worst was probably when I used to enjoy posting long rambles after a night out. I had never heard of the elements of style or the inverted pyramid or any of that back then. I deserved all the flack I got.

People want this trade to be a done deal. I never said that nor would I be the first to know.

? He is a guy who claims to be a writer yet couldn't compose a grammatically correct post. In fact, his posts were practically incomprehensible for years-people used to joke about it.
Heh you're not wrong, I remember that. The grammar police were in full force back then and I just never cared really. The worst was probably when I used to enjoy posting long rambles after a night out. I had never heard of the elements of style or the inverted pyramid or any of that back then. I deserved all the flak I got.
Fixed

j/k ;)

It would not surprise me if the Giants have indeed been calling around to various teams. The Saints would make sense as others have said. However, DCIV says the Saints also talked to the Steelers, which is very odd.

Ingram's agent is Joel Segal, and he's been known to spend a lot of time here. In fact I know people who have met him, he used to be the agent for Darren Sharper for instance. He might be pushing this, who knows.
Okay, assuming there is any remote truth to this rumor here's what I would see...

I don't know, if there's truth to this at all, I would assume the Saints were reaching out to the Giants. Personally I'd be blown away if the Giants actually traded for a RB. Most recent reports are saying Brown should be back somewhere between Week 4-6. It'd make little to no sense to give up a 4th round pick (the rumor) for Ingram. When all they really need is a couple week flier as a pass blocker, which is a role Torain should be able to handle just fine.. he really doesn't even need to take real carries, just be in on big passing downs. Chance of pace back could be Cox or Scott. If they didn't trust either of these three in the 3rd down/pass blocker role they have several options of very good pass blocking veterans out there in: Hightower, Jacobs, Turner and McGahee that they could acquire for the veteran minimum and not lose a draft round pick on someone they don't even need.

As for the Steelers, that makes a LOT more sense to me. Ingram seems like a really good fit in the Steelers offense, he's clearly a better back than Redman or Dwyer and if the Le'Veon Bell situation is worse than they're making it sound it could make sense for them to trade away a 5th and a 7th or something for Ingram. Last season they tried rolling with the Redman/Dwyer combination while Mendy was out and we all know how abysmal that backfield was during that stretch. If Ingram was traded to the Steelers I'd probably be trying to jump on him quick in most of my leagues as they'd probably give him a shot at a bell cow role early on.

Okay, assuming there is any remote truth to this rumor here's what I would see...

I don't know, if there's truth to this at all, I would assume the Saints were reaching out to the Giants. Personally I'd be blown away if the Giants actually traded for a RB. Most recent reports are saying Brown should be back somewhere between Week 4-6. It'd make little to no sense to give up a 4th round pick (the rumor) for Ingram. When all they really need is a couple week flier as a pass blocker, which is a role Torain should be able to handle just fine.. he really doesn't even need to take real carries, just be in on big passing downs. Chance of pace back could be Cox or Scott. If they didn't trust either of these three in the 3rd down/pass blocker role they have several options of very good pass blocking veterans out there in: Hightower, Jacobs, Turner and McGahee that they could acquire for the veteran minimum and not lose a draft round pick on someone they don't even need.

As for the Steelers, that makes a LOT more sense to me. Ingram seems like a really good fit in the Steelers offense, he's clearly a better back than Redman or Dwyer and if the Le'Veon Bell situation is worse than they're making it sound it could make sense for them to trade away a 5th and a 7th or something for Ingram. Last season they tried rolling with the Redman/Dwyer combination while Mendy was out and we all know how abysmal that backfield was during that stretch. If Ingram was traded to the Steelers I'd probably be trying to jump on him quick in most of my leagues as they'd probably give him a shot at a bell cow role early on.
Yeah, I think that's what I meant by bringing in the Steelers. If it was just NYG, that could go either way. I see what you mean about the Giants, and personally I like Scott a lot as a runner, he's very fast, but he's not the traditional Brown/Jacobs role. But I agree they would not just sabotage Brown by bringing in Ingram considering Brown is coming back sooner, maybe in a few weeks.

If the Saints talked to PIT too, then my guess is that would mean NO was the one calling around. They have a great option they want to see right now and it would be just like the Saints to use him.

Anyway take a look to the beginning of that twitter feed, it's not too long, lots of untrue rumors in there, but it's not a hoax site (IMO), just part of the rumor mill, maybe the same type PFT feeds off of.

Yeah, I think that's what I meant by bringing in the Steelers. If it was just NYG, that could go either way. I see what you mean about the Giants, and personally I like Scott a lot as a runner, he's very fast, but he's not the traditional Brown/Jacobs role. But I agree they would not just sabotage Brown by bringing in Ingram considering Brown is coming back sooner, maybe in a few weeks.

If the Saints talked to PIT too, then my guess is that would mean NO was the one calling around. They have a great option they want to see right now and it would be just like the Saints to use him.

Anyway take a look to the beginning of that twitter feed, it's not too long, lots of untrue rumors in there, but it's not a hoax site (IMO), just part of the rumor mill, maybe the same type PFT feeds off of.
I don't know that it's a hoax feed per se... I wouldn't be shocked though if his 'source' is like a bad game of telephone. Like he know's a guy, whose best friends cousins best friend works in the front office of the Raiders or something. So he's just hearing half-a$$ed information and tweeting it out.

A tells B, B tells C and D, C tells E, D tells F, E and F tell G. So from G's perspective, he heard it from two independent sources (E and F) because when he asked E and F where they heard it, they gave him two independent sources (C and D). But the reality is that it still originated from A.
What if person A and B are the same person using two names on two sites to prop up the originators cred? This is the internet after all.

I remember this guy. He caused quite a stir with Falcons fans before the draft by reporting that a deal was done for the Raider's #3 pick.

Of course, like here, he was the only source reporting it.

Heh you're not wrong, I remember that. The grammar police were in full force back then and I just never cared really. The worst was probably when I used to enjoy posting long rambles after a night out. I had never heard of the elements of style or the inverted pyramid or any of that back then. I deserved all the flak I got.
Fixed

j/k ;)
heh that's fitting

Ingram to the GMen didn't make much sense, but Pittsburgh is a different story. Great fit if it happens.

I think the backlash against Bri is because Bri isn't saying from whence his information came.

There's a real possibility that there is but one source of this rumor, but that once the rumor gets loose, the path splits and it appears to have corroboration but in reality still has one common source.

It's the down side of our current drive to deliver news first. We report first because there is $ and status in being first to report. Then, maybe, we go back and investigate the trail.
This post is nothing against you but you brought up a good point. People are so used to getting links and other names associated to news stories, but isn't the whole point of being an "insider" to not reveal your source? That would probably prevent the source from telling them any future info. The question becomes how reputable the insider is. If its Schefter then nobody bats an eye, if its a new person to the field then everyone wants source (which we should), until they become trusted enough to not have to reveal their sources.

If someone just posted a link to the person who told him (GM, Coach, Beat Writer, etc) then that person is just passing along info. That's not really an insider. If a story has legs then other reports come out fast and furious. That's not saying Bri didn't hear something from someone trusted or whatever, but he never called himself an insider and actually tried squashing that quickly so I'm not sure what the outcry is. It makes no sense going after someone because of what they heard. People will look into it and if they don't find anything else, or chose not to believe it, then move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread