What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark ingram to Giants? (1 Viewer)

netnalp

Footballguy
I feel like if Ingram had an opportunity in a different offence he could shine. N.O is a horrible place for his style. It's Wilson's job, but if Ingram comes to town and Wilson struggles... Who knows.

Hoping something goes down before my draft tomorrow night. Wilson's stock goes down if Ingram goes to NY, imo.

Downgrade Wilson

Hold on Ingram

Giants are not ideal for either player above. If Ingram is moved, the Giants are not a good fit fantasy wise. Real football it is a great move.

How come Darren Connolly is the only one "reporting" this, and who is he?
That, but there's also why hasn't another source refuted it.

But it's also an "Insider" that only has about 600 followers.

Last edited by a moderator:
not happening, no one is going to pay with the high pick and NO isn't going to give him for a low pick. Ingram only making a mill, what they want to do vut him down to the league min.

I actually think it makes sense for both NO and NYG if true, but NO shouldnt expect more than a 3rd/4th pick and NYG has no reason to give up more than that to begin with.

I don't know that guy. He's dead on though.

They have absolutely talked. I was coming here to post the same thing.

Don't forget who his dad is, where Payton was OC for a long while, the GMen lost Brown and usually have a very deep backfield etc. There's a lot that makes sense here

Trades for either marquee names or lesser 7th round types are doable this time of year. Very hard to trade anyone else. The Gmen are fortunate to have a spot as Brown goes to IR.

Talking doesn't equal a trade, teams talk a lot this time of year. Gotta sit tight and wait

This guy reminds me of the profootballtalk guy. He was on the boards spamming this "tip" and that "tip." For the longest time each "tip" was never accurate. Then, one day he wasn't posting here and is on NBC. Baffling. Kige Ramsey is better than both.

I don't know if this is BS or not, but I've been sold for awhile that Khiry Robinson is better than Ingram.

This guy reminds me of the profootballtalk guy. He was on the boards spamming this "tip" and that "tip." For the longest time each "tip" was never accurate. Then, one day he wasn't posting here and is on NBC. Baffling. Kige Ramsey is better than both.
he does post way too many on his twitter to seem accurate unless he is some spy into so many teams' GMs cell phones.

Still i've been coming here forever, never posted a bogus rumor, and heard the same.

he does post way too many on his twitter to seem accurate unless he is some spy into so many teams' GMs cell phones.

Still i've been coming here forever, never posted a bogus rumor, and heard the same.
If he was an 'insider,' he'd be right once in a while.

His timeline shows nothing right.

This f-ing guy has an insider apparently on every team. So far we have a insider on:

Saints

Giants

Raiders

Steelers

"Some NFC South Rival"

Chargers

Patriots

And that's just going back about a month and a half of his tweets. Please, this is a joke with zero water until I see someone like Adam Schefter or someone of the like reporting it.

you're completely ignoring what Bri was saying. He's confirming what this guy is saying, don't focus on whoever the guy is.

This trade would seal Ingram's fate in dynasty as a complete bust barring multiple Wilson injuries

This guy reminds me of the profootballtalk guy. He was on the boards spamming this "tip" and that "tip." For the longest time each "tip" was never accurate. Then, one day he wasn't posting here and is on NBC.
I never knew this. Hilarious. Originally PFT was bankrolled by an agent, and while they obviously have better sources now it's pretty obvious when one of their "stories" is transparently B.S. directly from an agent.

edit: I did drop Kendall Wright to pick up Pierre Thomas though, holla.

Well I was sarcastic, didn't really think he's be a spy.

I gotta disagree, if he throws enough, one will be correct but ...same feeling that he's just chucking out stuff.

The best no-name rumor guy I can recall was Ben Maller. He got scooped up by some radio station and time's passed. 10? years ago his blog was excellent for info and you could tell he had tons of legitimate sources and eventually see many rumors become news or fact when trades went through.

Schefter and other ESPN guys have each been Johnny on the spot before; I don't consider them no-names here. Ben's the only one I can recall being real good at it. I wasn't even a fan of Florio and he has made a beautiful career out of his rumor mongering.

you're completely ignoring what Bri was saying. He's confirming what this guy is saying, don't focus on whoever the guy is.

This trade would seal Ingram's fate in dynasty as a complete bust barring multiple Wilson injuries
Not exactly. It would severly affect the values of Wilson and Ingram negatively, but if the Giants believe in Ingram, and Ingram has shown some life this year so far, then it's hardly sealing his fate as a "complete bust".

Coughlin and Gilbride have very often used two backs. It's been way more common than having one back get the Lion's share of the work. I think this would be good for all involved (which oddly enough is why trade's don't go through usually in the NFL). Anyhow, I don't in anyway think this hurts Ingram's value for dynasty.

Supposing....he'd probably get some tough runs and time for Wilson to get a breather. IF he then does well (we're onto third leap-trade, playing, doing well) surely the Giants would give him more opportunity.

There's a real good history of these coaches separate and together using more than one back and it's been very effective for them.

I don't care if Bri is confirming it.

It's very likely a complete fabrication; the guy's timeline is full of them.

I don't care if Bri is confirming it.

It's very likely a complete fabrication; the guy's timeline is full of them.
A complete fabrication with independent third party verification?

It may well be completely baseless, but if that guy completely fabricated it, we've just witnessed two identical snowflakes.

I think this may make one of the top ten worst threads I have seen in the SP. :bs: 43 posts, so far, based on a fake insider and "confirmed" because a message board poster say he heard the same thing???

:lol:
So it's a confirmed rumor. Not sure what the hubbub is.

I think this may make one of the top ten worst threads I have seen in the SP. :bs: 43 posts, so far, based on a fake insider and "confirmed" because a message board poster say he heard the same thing???

:lol:
I won't do the whole insult/mock me bit so then I'm going to come post some resume here and...no way I'm going down that road. I just said they talked. I see you're relatively new and you have a right to question anything but even still If you don't believe me, I don't care. I rarely get tips anymore and if I do I share them. I'm not going to start posting some resume because you don't know who I am.

Pat Trania's take (Giants Beat writer for Inside Football)

Guys Pat from Inside Football : 11:20 pm
I don't know who Darren Connolly is or what sources he might or might not have, and I certainly don't want to disrespect anyone.

However, his tweet about the Saints being mad at him and resulting in nasty phone calls doesn't make a lick of sense.

First, why would a team "leak" a potential trade and then get "mad" at someone for putting it out there, especially if there is supposedly a bidding war going on?

You would think the Saints would send a fruit basket to the guy for leaking it out there that there are multiple teams interested in the player as that could potentially drive up the asking price.

And please don't tell me that someone told him in confidence and said, "Oh please don't tell anyone." I don't buy that for a second because, as I said, if the Saints were really looking to make a trade, I would think it would behoove them to let it be known that Ingram is on the block so that they could get the best possible offer.

(This is the same tactic agents use when trying to get the best contract for their FA clients -- they leak interest of teams to the media in an effort to drive up the price with the real target.)

Second, I highly doubt a team would make a "nasty" call to chastise a member of the media. These are professionals, after all. Right now I would think teams are more worried about setting their rosters than dealing with alleged leaks.

One last thing. I believe this guy said the trade had a 50-50 chance of happening. Gee, if I said there was a 50-50 chance of it raining tomorrow, and it does rain, I look like a genius; if it doesn't, then I can fall back on the 50-50 claim I made.

Again, just my two cents. I personally think the Giants will either retain Ryan Torain, who already knows the system, or they might scan the waiver wire.

I'd personally like to see them get a RB/backup FB type like what they had with Reuben Droughns in 2007, as I think that would kill two birds with one stone, especially if Hyno isn't ready for week 1.

Again, just my two cents. I personally think the Giants will either retain Ryan Torain, who already knows the system, or they might scan the waiver wire.

I'd personally like to see them get a RB/backup FB type like what they had with Reuben Droughns in 2007, as I think that would kill two birds with one stone, especially if Hyno isn't ready for week 1.
Torain, Da'Rel Scott or Michael Cox, they should be able to find 1/2 a RB between those 3.

Users who are viewing this thread