What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Milkman said:
I could have swore Ingram caught a pass for 13 yards earlier but they aren't showing it on his stat line. So Ingram might have a stat correction coming that would add 2.3 points to his total.
It was #82, Benjamin Watson.

Ingram deserves the game ball even though he didn't score there. Exciting game he's had today. Love the receptions.

He's the second RB to rush for 100+ yards vs. SF since Murray all the way back in week 1. What a ####### turn around for Ingram this season; I still can't believe he's the same dude.

139 yards from scrimmage (and 3 receptions).

Yet again I got RB1 production from Ingram. That's...let's see...5 times in 5 fantasy starts where I've received RB1 type numbers. Anybody else could have easily done the same with him

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted him in one league and picked him up on waivers in another (a couple weeks before he came back) and have started him the last 3 weeks in both and he has been solid. I knew his first game back against Detroit would be tough regardless, so that didn't phase me at all. I wish I got him in my last league where my RBs are killing me, but he went early.

To folks thinking that Payton won't ride him, I disagree wholeheartedly. He is extremely effective and helped them get back in the game as much as Brees did. I've had Brees the past few years and have watched a bunch of Saints games (usually beating the Panthers) and I don't recall them having anyone run this effective. I never really watched McAllister, but Ingram is very impressive.

I know he is a FA, but I would be shocked if the Saints let him go with no effort.

Terrific job today. What will happen when Khiry and PT return? That's the question. May still be prudent to explore selling high.
I know PT is smart and crafty, but he has no business being on the field when Ingram is available to play...no matter the situation. PT is now slower than most TEs; he just doesnt have the physical tools any more. Khiry and Cadet will get touches and affect production, and rightfully so. The Saints need to hedge for 2015.

I drafted him in one league and picked him up on waivers in another (a couple weeks before he came back) and have started him the last 3 weeks in both and he has been solid. I knew his first game back against Detroit would be tough regardless, so that didn't phase me at all. I wish I got him in my last league where my RBs are killing me, but he went early.

To folks thinking that Payton won't ride him, I disagree wholeheartedly. He is extremely effective and helped them get back in the game as much as Brees did. I've had Brees the past few years and have watched a bunch of Saints games (usually beating the Panthers) and I don't recall them having anyone run this effective. I never really watched McAllister, but Ingram is very impressive.

I know he is a FA, but I would be shocked if the Saints let him go with no effort.
He's pricing himself out of NO. They'll roll with PT, Khiry, Cadet and an UDFA rookie.

He's pricing himself out of NO. They'll roll with PT, Khiry, Cadet and an UDFA rookie.
What is the FA market for RBs? Seems like that has dried up recently. Bush got $4M per year after 2600 total yards in 2 years in Miami. Stephen Jackson got the same. Ben Tate's deal is up to $3.5M per year. Tate was only 25 when he signed the deal and Bush was 28. Not perfect apples to apples, but I am not sure I see Ingram breaking the bank elsewhere. I am sure there may be other examples, but I can't think of too many big FA deals for RBs recently. Even Chris Johnson's deal is around $4M per year for two years or even just one year.

I don't think Robinson has shown anything close to what Ingram has this year in terms of a running game that helps control the game. I think they will make a lot more of an effort to keep Ingram that most people think.

What is the FA market for RBs? Seems like that has dried up recently. Bush got $4M per year after 2600 total yards in 2 years in Miami. Stephen Jackson got the same. Ben Tate's deal is up to $3.5M per year. Tate was only 25 when he signed the deal and Bush was 28. Not perfect apples to apples, but I am not sure I see Ingram breaking the bank elsewhere. I am sure there may be other examples, but I can't think of too many big FA deals for RBs recently. Even Chris Johnson's deal is around $4M per year for two years or even just one year.

I don't think Robinson has shown anything close to what Ingram has this year in terms of a running game that helps control the game. I think they will make a lot more of an effort to keep Ingram that most people think.
Trying to think of teams with a strong need for a lead back, who would spend for one? Baltimore? Indy? NE? Plus Murray will be out there, maybe Lynch, Gurley will probably be a lead back somewhere.

Got laughed at when I took him in the 6th round
I traded Gerhart and a 1st rounder for Ingram and two first rounders. The other owner emailed me the other day saying that was the second worst trade he's ever made. In our first year of this dynasty league, right after the start up draft in 2000, he traded Terrell Owens for Germaine Crowell.

Trying to think of teams with a strong need for a lead back, who would spend for one? Baltimore? Indy? NE? Plus Murray will be out there, maybe Lynch, Gurley will probably be a lead back somewhere.
The Raiders cap is at $85M next year.

Another great game out of Ingam. Payton is still way too pass happy. SMH.
This is sarcasm right? 27 carries and 5 targets is not enough?
Obviously not, they lost. Almost 50 attempts and 3 turnovers out of Brees.
The Saints were relatively run-happy today given they were in comeback-mode all game.

Enjoy it while the running-spree lasts. This will never, ever be a running team. It doesnt matter how many turnovers Brees produces.

Ingram's per-game receiving numbers are now up to 2.83 targets, 1.83 receptions, and 11.2 yards. Over 16 games that would pro-rate to 45 targets, 29 catches, and 179 yards. I set his over/under at 30 catches before the season, and while his missed time means he's almost certainly going to fall short, it's looking like it was around the right ballpark.

It may not sound like much, but it's an extra 47 points in PPR leagues over the course of a season. It adds up.

They traded up to get him and now he's producing, I just don't see them letting him walk away. I could be very, very wrong but this is something that must be considered. As an owner I really hope they don't. There are a few teams I'd love to see him with.

Ingram's per-game receiving numbers are now up to 2.83 targets, 1.83 receptions, and 11.2 yards. Over 16 games that would pro-rate to 45 targets, 29 catches, and 179 yards. I set his over/under at 30 catches before the season, and while his missed time means he's almost certainly going to fall short, it's looking like it was around the right ballpark.

It may not sound like much, but it's an extra 47 points in PPR leagues over the course of a season. It adds up.
How many receptions is he averaging when PT plays? The situation is still the same but he showed tonight if given the opportunity he can be a 3 down back. Very excited to see where he lands since I couldn't trade him.

Indy, Baltimore, Atl, maybe Philly would all be great spots.

They traded up to get him and now he's producing, I just don't see them letting him walk away. I could be very, very wrong but this is something that must be considered. As an owner I really hope they don't. There are a few teams I'd love to see him with.
uh...yeah, now he's producing when he gets more than 6 touches

How many receptions is he averaging when PT plays? The situation is still the same but he showed tonight if given the opportunity he can be a 3 down back. Very excited to see where he lands since I couldn't trade him.

Indy, Baltimore, Atl, maybe Philly would all be great spots.
yeah, I'd second this ---- possible top 5 back next year.

uh...yeah, now he's producing when he gets more than 6 touches
To be fair, he did suck his first few years.
personally, I don't think he sucked -- I think that's just a reaction based off his stats.

his stats definitely sucked, but I always thought that was more a volume issue.

With Vereen there i personally wouldn't want to see that. He'd be a two down back again. Indy would be my preference.

Edit he potentially could get pulled on third downs there too so maybe not.

Well Vereen is a free agent too. He could end up any number if places .

With Vereen there i personally wouldn't want to see that. He'd be a two down back again. Indy would be my preference.

Edit he potentially could get pulled on third downs there too so maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread