What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

I don't think I've ever seen such a rapid fall from grace as this guy. Even with the frustration of lack of goal line and touches, he's been consistent and produced well every week until this week. No bad news, no risks, then boom, in one week without any injury, one fumble and the guy is virtually unstartable after being a low end RB1 for two years and producing the same every week this year. 

Even his fantasy stock--This guy, despite the frustrations, still had solid fantasy value. That value just completely tanked.

Nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: rjv
I don't think I've ever seen such a rapid fall from grace as this guy. Even with the frustration of lack of goal line and touches, he's been consistent and produced well every week until this week. No bad news, no risks, then boom, in one week without any injury, one fumble and the guy is virtually unstartable after being a low end RB1 for two years and producing the same every week this year. 

Nuts.
Exactly. Something is up.

Philly would love to have him :wub:
How about the Redskins - If a JAG like MJones or plodder like Kelley can break 100+ APY, imagine what a guy with actual speed, vision and talent can do. 

Hell, off the top of my head the Eagles, Giants, Redskins could all use Ingram, and that's 3 teams in one division. The Bills, given McCoy's injury status would be smart to pick him up, the Chiefs considering Chandarick West is their only healthy RB, or hey, how about the Packers, who have literally NO running back right now. 

I could go on and on - there are probably a dozen NFL teams where the running game would be improved by adding Ingram as a feature back, and a dozen more if he were to be placed into a RBBC. 

Seemingly the only team in the NFL who doesn't need Ingram is the one he's on. And only because they're blind and/or stupid. 

How about the Redskins - If a JAG like MJones or plodder like Kelley can break 100+ APY, imagine what a guy with actual speed, vision and talent can do. 

Hell, off the top of my head the Eagles, Giants, Redskins could all use Ingram, and that's 3 teams in one division. The Bills, given McCoy's injury status would be smart to pick him up, the Chiefs considering Chandarick West is their only healthy RB, or hey, how about the Packers, who have literally NO running back right now. 

I could go on and on - there are probably a dozen NFL teams where the running game would be improved by adding Ingram as a feature back, and a dozen more if he were to be placed into a RBBC. 

Seemingly the only team in the NFL who doesn't need Ingram is the one he's on. And only because they're blind and/or stupid. 
I'm starting to believe Payton wants to stick it to him for some reason 

I'd really love to say "the Saints are using this to motivate Ingram. Mind games from the coach with his talented RB. Ingram will have 22 carries and 5 receptions against SF!" 

But I can't. This is just bizarre misuse of a talented player. It's not like this is some young kid with upside that we wish we could see what he's capable of....we've seen what he's capable of in doses. 

How ridiculous is it that the one guy to get more than 20 carries is the  :censored:  backup, after a benching over a fumble? When I saw the box score I just about had an embolism.  Gee, wouldn't it be awesome to see Ingram get 20+ carries in a game to see if maybe he breaks one to the house? Guess we'll never know. It's insanity.  

Coach Pederson in Philly thought it would be real fun to stick it to another veteran RB last night by sitting him down in place of a rookie RB who then promptly fumbled and changed the momentum of a game which should have been a win. 

They really have no choice but go back to ingram if they want to run he ball effectively but he prob will lose a few more carries to hightower now.  against teams like sf it shouldn't hurt too much, but vs better teams ingram will be a low rb2 at best

Coach Pederson in Philly thought it would be real fun to stick it to another veteran RB last night by sitting him down in place of a rookie RB who then promptly fumbled and changed the momentum of a game which should have been a win. 
Well Mathews has fumbled a couple times this year as well

Philly homer here and let me just say, they are fasing him out

Well Mathews has fumbled a couple times this year as well
That's true, but Mathews can actually play the game and they need to start using him and establishing a run game. Mathews fumbled twice and is treated like a pariah, while they keep trotting out the same clowns who drop almost everything thrown at them at the WR position. 

How ridiculous is it that the one guy to get more than 20 carries is the  :censored:  backup, after a benching over a fumble? When I saw the box score I just about had an embolism.  Gee, wouldn't it be awesome to see Ingram get 20+ carries in a game to see if maybe he breaks one to the house? Guess we'll never know. It's insanity.  

Just a thought here and I know after the way yesterday went down this may be hard to believe but maybe the reason Payton is to quick to load up Hightower with carries is that he's not concerned with running him into the ground?

Ingram has had a 22 carry and a 20 carry in the past 2 years, starting what, 20 games or so ?

Hightower has had 3 25+ carry games and only played in like 5 games really in 2015 and 1 this year

When Hightower is the RB, he gets 25-30 carries.

When Ingram is the RB, 16 carries is about tops

Is Hightower THAT much better? no, or he'd have started .... so why does Peyton pound with the RB when its not Ingram in the game?

bizzaro

Ingram has had a 22 carry and a 20 carry in the past 2 years, starting what, 20 games or so ?

Hightower has had 3 25+ carry games and only played in like 5 games really in 2015 and 1 this year

Is Hightower THAT much better? no, or he'd have started .... so why does Peyton pound with the RB when its not Ingram in the game?

bizzaro
I wonder if it's an endurance issue.

Just a thought here and I know after the way yesterday went down this may be hard to believe but maybe the reason Payton is to quick to load up Hightower with carries is that he's not concerned with running him into the ground?
Just think how rested he'll now be for SF then. :doh:

bizzaro
Really is odd. 

Why is everyone not saying he isn't  a must add? Did we forget that he won people championships last year? If Ingram is in the doghouse there could be potential for Hightower. He got stuffed 1000 times yesterday but he could be a decent fill in in ppr I would say at least. Maybe I'm overthinking this who knows

Deadline is so over blown. MLB and NBA have huge trades at the deadline... when is the last one we've seen in the NFL? The last big name player ot be traded during the season? Richardson maybe? That sure turned out great.

Can keep dreaming about GB. TT covets draft picks more than Bill Clinton covets interns
Nice.

I agree with you but cutting Knile Davis yesterday added some fuel to the fire.  Don Jackson is the only true RB on the roster, right?  And thats pushing it.

Nice.

I agree with you but cutting Knile Davis yesterday added some fuel to the fire.  Don Jackson is the only true RB on the roster, right?  And thats pushing it.

I've commented on this in the other threads. I think this speaks to their confidence in Ripkowski more than Jackson or Montgomery. Starks is about a week or two from coming back. Ripkowski looks like a younger, better Kuhn in recent weeks. Looks way better than last season. IMO he's the best HB on their roster including Starks. Montgomery is the best weapon and I think they are confident in his abilities to release a guy just taking up space in Davis. If Montgomery was going to be moved back to WR, then they would have kept Davis and went with Starks/Jackson/Davis at RB with Ripskowski at FB. With Montgomery looking like a Riddick type RB, I think that's the biggest weapon they have and they realize it's effective. 

When they had a true workhorse RB in Lacy they didn't even use him, so why would they trade the farm for a workhorse RB? It makes zero sense in the NFL, only in the world of Madden/fantasy football does this make any sense. 

I've commented on this in the other threads. I think this speaks to their confidence in Ripkowski more than Jackson or Montgomery. Starks is about a week or two from coming back. Ripkowski looks like a younger, better Kuhn in recent weeks. Looks way better than last season. IMO he's the best HB on their roster including Starks.
Starks looked horrible even before he was hurt, so you're probably right about that. 

I've commented on this in the other threads. I think this speaks to their confidence in Ripkowski more than Jackson or Montgomery. Starks is about a week or two from coming back. Ripkowski looks like a younger, better Kuhn in recent weeks. Looks way better than last season. IMO he's the best HB on their roster including Starks. Montgomery is the best weapon and I think they are confident in his abilities to release a guy just taking up space in Davis. If Montgomery was going to be moved back to WR, then they would have kept Davis and went with Starks/Jackson/Davis at RB with Ripskowski at FB. With Montgomery looking like a Riddick type RB, I think that's the biggest weapon they have and they realize it's effective. 

When they had a true workhorse RB in Lacy they didn't even use him, so why would they trade the farm for a workhorse RB? It makes zero sense in the NFL, only in the world of Madden/fantasy football does this make any sense. 
Well, Lacy was out of shape last year.  He was used as a workhorse the year prior if I am not mistaken.  He came in looking like a DT last year and physically probably could not have been a workhorse.  Ingram is not all that expensive, is still young, and is clearly talented.  Ripkowski has 15 career touches.  I doubt that a contending team is going to turn their backfield over to a guy with 15 touches whose name is only known outside of Green Bay by a portion of the die hard FFB community.   Maybe I am missing something with him.  Starks is JAG.  We already know this.  It also gets cold in Green Bay as well as in all of their road divisional games, so a running game is going to be important.

I am not saying it will happen, and I agree that its a big longshot, but there is rational reason there to counter the Madden/FFB argument.

ETA - I doubt they are "trading the farm" to get a benched Ingram who is clearly not wanted by his current team.  I am guessing a 4th or 5th round pick gets it done.  

Well, Lacy was out of shape last year.  He was used as a workhorse the year prior if I am not mistaken.  He came in looking like a DT last year and physically probably could not have been a workhorse.  Ingram is not all that expensive, is still young, and is clearly talented.  Ripkowski has 15 career touches.  I doubt that a contending team is going to turn their backfield over to a guy with 15 touches whose name is only known outside of Green Bay by a portion of the die hard FFB community.   Maybe I am missing something with him.  Starks is JAG.  We already know this.  It also gets cold in Green Bay as well as in all of their road divisional games, so a running game is going to be important.

I am not saying it will happen, and I agree that its a big longshot, but there is rational reason there to counter the Madden/FFB argument.
Lacy was supposedly in shape this year. And he was not used very effectively. He had zero TDs through 5 games. Granted, his averages put him at career highs in carries and yards, I can see that side of the argument, but the fact that they did not use him in the redzone is very telling. Watching GB games this year, Lacy has looked very unimpressive compared to his rookie season where I felt like we had the next Steven Jackson. 

Ripkowski has 15 career touches because last season Kuhn was in that role and they were grooming him to take over. This season he is filling that role well. I'm not sure if you're a GB fan or not, but any GB fan knows how effective Kuhn was and how much of a valuable weapon he was. Watching Ripkowski reminds me/us about the prime days of Kuhn. There were a few times Kuhn was "the guy" for a few games due to injuries. And he did okay. Ripkowski has only really been a significant factor the last 1-2 games, and I'm excited with what I see as a Pack

I'm not saying Ripkowski is going to be a workhorse. Or that he's going to be fantasy relevant. I'm saying they have a good RBBC where they don't need a workhorse. Starks is JAG and okay at getting 3 yards. Jackson offers something different, maybe some flare. I don't know he is unimpressive to me to be honest, but for the most part unknown. Ripkowski is the short yardage banger that they need. Montgomery is the x-factor. Combine the 3 (not Jackson, see below) and you have a guy like Ingram that they could trade for, but I just don't see it happening. 

I'd be willing to bet Ingram comes at a price tag of at least a 3rd, probably 2nd round draft pick. TT wouldn't give up a 3rd for Lynch, who IMO is better than Ingram ever will be. I'd hate to see TT trade a good draft pick away for a guy who will just make the RB position murky for the next couple of years and won't really upgrade them past what they already have within 3-4 players. 

When Starks comes back I'd expect Jackson to go back on the Practice Squad and GB to go with Montgomery/Starks/Ripkowski. Too injury riddled everywhere else to keep him on the roster

I keep clicking on this link thinking there would be news about Ingram and/or Hightower...yet, all I read is about Lacy or Starks or, worse yet, Ripkowski and Jackson :topcat:

I keep clicking on this link thinking there would be news about Ingram and/or Hightower...yet, all I read is about Lacy or Starks or, worse yet, Ripkowski and Jackson :topcat:
Good thing that's easy enough to skim through.

When people start offering potential destinations for Ingram in a trade that's going to prompt discussion on that proposed destination's current stable of HBs. 

If you're hoping for him to be traded, keep hoping. You're more likely to see Payton fired. 

Good thing that's easy enough to skim through.

When people start offering potential destinations for Ingram in a trade that's going to prompt discussion on that proposed destination's current stable of HBs. 

If you're hoping for him to be traded, keep hoping. You're more likely to see Payton fired. 
I agree. He is stuck here for the foreseeable future. I just wish this situation could have happened after I traded him!

My personal hell, and I know no one cares about my team, but I traded for Hightower to handcuff Ingram. Held him for 7+ weeks and then on Friday decided I'd be better off handcuffing David Johnson, & dropped Hightower. 

I'd been saving my #1 Waiver Claim status to pick up a a breakout player - when I was #2 in priority two weeks ago I missed Ajayi to the #1 priority person. And now I'm going to have to spend my #1 priority on a player I'd been carrying for 7+ weeks.   :censored:

God I hate Sean Payton.  :wall:

perfect week for a 25 touch, 150 yards  combined 2 TD day

just because nobody is expecting it and he's only 4% owned in Draftkings or something like that ! 

perfect week for a 25 touch, 150 yards  combined 2 TD day

just because nobody is expecting it and he's only 4% owned in Draftkings or something like that ! 
If NO gets up big in this game AND they really think they need Ingram motivated then this would be a good spot to get him healthy and give him the ball.

Should be a lot of opportunity for both Ingram and HIghtower. I'm leaning towards starting Ingram...especially if he's announced as the starter. Could see a 60/40 split between Ingram and Hightower.

If NO gets up big in this game AND they really think they need Ingram motivated then this would be a good spot to get him healthy and give him the ball.

Should be a lot of opportunity for both Ingram and HIghtower. I'm leaning towards starting Ingram...especially if he's announced as the starter. Could see a 60/40 split between Ingram and Hightower.
Yeah it's the tough matchups that are gonna hurt.  I'm still starting ingram 

Anyone trying to move him? I wont be able to get anything for him at this rate, guys like this are toxic in my league. People need certainty.

I was planning on moving him after week 9 for Alshon. I don't think it will happen now. Maybe if I package him with Fat Rob? 

Users who are viewing this thread