What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maroney = Bust? (1 Viewer)

BADDHIPP

Footballguy
Any maroney owners worried about him splitting with Morris,faulk and the other guy( forgot his name)

man, i'm really down on this guy!

Let's see what happens when Brady doesn't have 10 seconds to throw the ball and the team can't pass as well. The other RBs will see the ball, but Maroney should still get his 15-20 carries a game.

if you extrapolate his numbers from this week over the course of the season, he'll barely get 1000 yards and no TDs. that's why i'm trading him for randel el.

relax...it's only week 1. sure evans got the TD, but it was a late, meaningless score. he still got 20 carries which is about what should expect each week. give him 1-2 more weeks of getting up to football speed after having missed more than half of TC and he should be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
At #7, #10 and even #12, I passed on him in every league...and thats mainly based on the fact that he's never carried a load and has injury written all over him.

Add the splitting carries and week 1's performance and you'll get one of 2 things:

1) people who realize he is a bust and regret taking him so high (those with a good grasp on reality)

2) people in denial, who will be waiting for his first decent game...in 2008

While watching the game I posted on our league forum that the Pats appeared to pull Maroney at the goaline, but when I went back and checked the full play by play he actually got touches in the first half, it was only later in the game when Morris and Evans got touches in the redzone...

My take is the passing game was coming easy and as the Pats put the Jets in the rearview mirror Maroney was pulled...

Any maroney owners worried about him splitting with Morris,faulk and the other guy( forgot his name) man, i'm really down on this guy!
:ptts: It will all be ok little guppie :ptts:
Oh that's cold. ;) To BADDHIPP: Look at it this way. He had 20 carries which translate to 320 for the year. That's right on target. His YPC wasn't good but we know that's atypical. He didn't score because the Pats were very successful through the air, and there were 2 minutes left in the game when Evans scored a garbage time TD to make it 38-14. Maroney will get his. One game is one game. He'll be fine.

Pros:

Maroney's still getting his game legs after missing most of the offseason and preseason.

The team doesn't like to overuse their top backs early in the season.

They didn't need to overuse him against the Jets.

Morris was running well. He won't run that well every week.

Faulk didn't get many touches

Maroney didn't break any big runs. He will break some this year.

The Patriots only had eight possessions, and two red zone trips. He played in one series of first and goal from the six, but he didn't have a chance to get involved on the kickoff return, a bomb to Moss, and the garbage time TD by Evans. They'll have more in other games.

He still got 20 rushes, which was 60% of the carries, and about twice as many as Morris' 11.

He looked like his shoulder was completely healthy

Cons:

He didn't catch a single pass.

He wasn't in on every goal line trip.

He got stuffed twice on goal to go from the six.

Morris looked better than expected.

Moss looked better than expected

The Pats have a tough schedule

He's still being valued for his potential, not his performance

I don't think you should drop him too much based on yesterday's game, but you now have better information to evaluation him. I'm wavering on this one, because I have him in one league and am vaguely considering trading for him in another. I still think he will be very good fantasy wise, but it's hard to decide how good after one week.

Any maroney owners worried about him splitting with Morris,faulk and the other guy( forgot his name) man, i'm really down on this guy!
:hot: It will all be ok little guppie :football:
Oh that's cold. :mellow: To BADDHIPP: Look at it this way. He had 20 carries which translate to 320 for the year. That's right on target. His YPC wasn't good but we know that's atypical. He didn't score because the Pats were very successful through the air, and there were 2 minutes left in the game when Evans scored a garbage time TD to make it 38-14. Maroney will get his. One game is one game. He'll be fine.
:hot:

At #7, #10 and even #12, I passed on him in every league...and thats mainly based on the fact that he's never carried a load and has injury written all over him. Add the splitting carries and week 1's performance and you'll get one of 2 things:1) people who realize he is a bust and regret taking him so high (those with a good grasp on reality)2) people in denial, who will be waiting for his first decent game...in 2008
Nice, I'm also happy I passed on SJackson, LJ, and evenLT in every league: 25 yards, ha! Not only do I think he'll be fine, but he will have some monster games ala Reggie Bush. He's coming off a major surgery and the Jets were exposed to the pass. The Pats will lean on him in the days to come. The passing attack will open up some huge lanes... so this game is actually a positive for Maroney and his owners.

As a Maroney owner in a dynasty league I'm not thrilled with his performance on Sunday but I'm also not too disappointed. He didn't get hurt, he is still getting his legs back and if 72 yards turns out to be one of his worst performances instead of one of his better performances than that ain't too bad. Things could always have been worse, he could have had, like, 50 total yds, 2 fumbles and lost his starting all pro tackle for the year. Oh wait, that's Stephen Jackson. As long as my players aren't screaming in pain while being carted of the field I keep in mind that things can always be worse.

I'm a Maroney owner and yah I'm worried about him. He's never produced on the NFL level yet.

maroney was used about as expected, which is why I wasn't all that interested in him even as a pats fan --- get ready for more of that.

addai, on the other hand, would've been great to get, if I hadn't drafted second to last.

edit ps: not to say he'll only put up those #'s every game --- I'm talking more about his touches and role in the offense.

I'm a Maroney owner and yah I'm worried about him. He's never produced on the NFL level yet.
Tired, useless statement. Neither did any Pro Bowler or HOFer until they did. So what.Maroney showed enough as a rookie in limited action (4.3 YPC on 175 carries, and 6 TDs), and he's the feature back in a top offense. Only two things would keep him from getting his numbers over the course of the season: injury and excessive turnovers/benching. All players are subject to the former, and he's not had major problems with the latter so far.

I'm concerned and here's why...

The Pats look explosive and If I was BB, I would rest Maroney as much as possible in the regular season...no need to run him if you don't need to.

That being said, he should get more work this week.

I think a lot of factors went into Maroney being used the way he was last Sunday.

First, lets not forget that he missed most of the pre-season and has never been asked to carry the ball 20 times a year before. That being said, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Morris got so many touches. Plus, the passing game was so obviously working against an inempt pass rush, that minimized Maroney's opportunities. I thought Maroney looked excellent in that first series when he ran the ball like 4 or 5 times in a row.

On the flip side, the Pats went out and signed Morris like one second after the free agency period started so they obviously plan on using him more than a standard backup this year.

In the end, I think Morris is going to bite into Maroney's touches a bit more than I would have liked. But I was really impressed from what I saw of Maroney and I don't think Morris is going to be used as much as he was in close games when the Pats really need to gain yards on the ground.

I think he'll have some big games, but I also think he'll be insconistent all year. He's gonna have plenty of games where he'll do what he just did. He'll get you 70 or 80 yds with maybe a catch and no TDs. Then he'll probably bang out 4 or 5 100yd games with some TDs. I think at the end of the year, he'll be close to 10 TDs, but I think Morris and Evans will get their fair share as well.

And I have no real basis for this, but Maroney just seems more injury prone than other backs whod be drafted in the top 15. If it were me, Id benefit from 1 or 2 good games, and see if I could move him for another back of equal if not better potential. New England is winning atleast 13 games this year and I think down the stretch (FF playoff time), their going to be resting Maroney more than owners are going to appreciate.

20 carries.

Why is everyone so concerned about a back who got 20 carries in a blowout win?

Split carries with Sammy Morris? Are some of you people serious?

When it's all said and done and week 17 is over......

Maroney 1500 Rush yards, 14 TDS

You guys are cracking me up, I don't play "Yahoo" leagues cause people go ape #### when a player doesn't meet their expectations on a weekly basis. Coming into these threads since Sunday is annoying with all the whiney little girls.

20 carries.Why is everyone so concerned about a back who got 20 carries in a blowout win?Split carries with Sammy Morris? Are some of you people serious?
A blowout win would generally mean more carries for the RB.
Unless the RB is coming off shoulder surgery in the offseason and his coach wants to ease him back into carrying the load. Makes sense to me.

20 carries.Why is everyone so concerned about a back who got 20 carries in a blowout win?Split carries with Sammy Morris? Are some of you people serious?
No reason to put the kid in when the game is over... not in that heat, that why they brought in Morris. Maroney will be fine, he had no contact this pre-season and he handled 20 Carries just fine. The Real Test is this Sunday Night @ SD.

These are the NE Pats and they will do what works and keep doing it until you stop them. The Pats could pass at will so they did. Everyone knows that Pats player are feast or famine and this week it happened that they didn't need to run the ball. Next week it could be the opposite (although I doubt it against the Chargers).

New England has the 4th toughest schedule in the league this year. Maroney will NOT dominate good teams over the long haul. The Pats are famous for being a position by committee team..this applies to RBs as well. Sell high when he has a big game.

I am a Maroney Dynasty owner. While I wasn't pleased that Maroney almost cost my fantasy team a win this week, I wouldn't panic yet. In fact, Maroney could be a great buy-low option after the Chargers game this week.

I expect another pedestrian outing vs. a tough San Diego front seven this week. However, in weeks 3, 4, and 5, Maroney gets BUF, CIN, and CLE. If he has bad fantasy numbers in those games, I think owners need to be very concerned.

I think Maroney has all the tools to succeed with the Pats and put up big numbers. But if The Pats rest him a lot with that high-powered passing game, Maroney will dissapoint a lot of fantasy owners.

20 carries.

Why is everyone so concerned about a back who got 20 carries in a blowout win?

Split carries with Sammy Morris? Are some of you people serious?
No reason to put the kid in when the game is over... not in that heat, that why they brought in Morris. Maroney will be fine, he had no contact this pre-season and he handled 20 Carries just fine. The Real Test is this Sunday Night @ SD.
The game is in NE, not SD.

New England has the 4th toughest schedule in the league this year. Maroney will NOT dominate good teams over the long haul. The Pats are famous for being a position by committee team..this applies to RBs as well. Sell high when he has a big game.
I don't think this is 100% accurate. Did Dillon share much of the load his first year in NE? Did ASmith his first year with the Pats?I think people are overlooking a lot of the obvious here. The Patriots will not benefit by overworking Maroney and will likely not get to the SB by running him into the ground. They will use him close to how they did this week (18-20 carries). If they feel the game mandates that they need him at the goal line, then they will. If they feel like he needs a breather and it happens to be near the goal line, then they'll take him out. He's not going to get a Larry Johnson workload and he shouldn't. Against the Jets they didn't need to give him grueling carries and then won by 3 TDs. Oddly enough, the Patriots don't care about your fantasy team and are in it to win games and the SB.I suggested all off season that those thinking Dillon 06 + Maroney 06 = Maroney 07 were in for a rude awakening. I still think Maroney will end up in the 1500 total yards/10 TD range on the season and will earn back where he was drafted, but I don't see him getting much beyond that. He's good in space, but the Pats' OL is not normally one to create huge holes. They have been more geared to getting a small hole and getting 4-6 yards and mostly up the middle. Maroney's strength to get big plays is to get outside. That seems to be opposite of the Pats' blocking scheme the past few years.I think that's part of the reason they went after Morris, as he seems to be more of a drop the shoulder and hit someone to get 4 yards in a pile than Maroney is. However, if the Pats passing attack rivals that of the Jets game I suspect we will see teams playing the pass and giving up the run a la the Colts offense.I'm sure we'll see more Maroney = Bust threads after this week should he have 18 carries for 45 yards against the Chargers this week.

Yes, the shark move is to drop Maroney for Evans if he is available on your league's waiver wire. Do it now before your friends catch on!

I don't think this is 100% accurate. Did Dillon share much of the load his first year in NE? Did ASmith his first year with the Pats?I think people are overlooking a lot of the obvious here. The Patriots will not benefit by overworking Maroney and will likely not get to the SB by running him into the ground. They will use him close to how they did this week (18-20 carries). If they feel the game mandates that they need him at the goal line, then they will. If they feel like he needs a breather and it happens to be near the goal line, then they'll take him out. He's not going to get a Larry Johnson workload and he shouldn't. Against the Jets they didn't need to give him grueling carries and then won by 3 TDs. Oddly enough, the Patriots don't care about your fantasy team and are in it to win games and the SB.I suggested all off season that those thinking Dillon 06 + Maroney 06 = Maroney 07 were in for a rude awakening. I still think Maroney will end up in the 1500 total yards/10 TD range on the season and will earn back where he was drafted, but I don't see him getting much beyond that. He's good in space, but the Pats' OL is not normally one to create huge holes. They have been more geared to getting a small hole and getting 4-6 yards and mostly up the middle. Maroney's strength to get big plays is to get outside. That seems to be opposite of the Pats' blocking scheme the past few years.I think that's part of the reason they went after Morris, as he seems to be more of a drop the shoulder and hit someone to get 4 yards in a pile than Maroney is. However, if the Pats passing attack rivals that of the Jets game I suspect we will see teams playing the pass and giving up the run a la the Colts offense.I'm sure we'll see more Maroney = Bust threads after this week should he have 18 carries for 45 yards against the Chargers this week.
Exactly. I think he will break some big plays for TDs this year. But the Pats aren't interested in grinding Maroney into the ground to help fantasy owners win games.

I said on these boards I wouldn't take him until the second half of round 2, and unfortunately, it looks like that may even be a reach.

I think Benson and Maroney will both end up disappointing when compared with their ADP's.

DY- Of course they dont go committee at every position every year. But Smith and Dillon were nothing like the ball carrier Maroney is. Those guys were each proven 1000yd plus feature backs when they came to the Pats......and FULL GROWN MEN. Maroney is not cut from that same cloth. he's asmaller player...more of a slasher. Power is not going to be this guys strongsuit, and he's not going to be a potential workhorse like both Smith and Dillon were capable of being. If they do that with Maroney, theyll kill him. he's been in the league one year and has already had a couple of injuries, one of them being a shoulder which is no minor ding. 1500 and 10 is within reach if he doesnt miss time. I dont personally see it, but its certainly possible. But unless another one of those backs gets dinged and Maroney carries more of a load out of nessecity, I see each of these guys, Faulk, Evans, Morris... sharing the wealth. They each have different individual talents that make them valuable. Id expect Maroney's #s this season to be similar to what Addai delivered last year. But then again, the Colts only had 2 players they rotated. The Pats will use 4.

I watched the game, and what concerned me was not Maroney's carry total per se, but the fact that after Maroney ran strong on the Pats' first possession, Belichik went to immediately to Morris for their second possession and most of the third. It smacked of a straight-up platoon.

Also, I don't see why anyone would discount Evans's score because it was "garbage time." If Maroney had just been given the rest of the day off at that point, that's one thing, but he carried the ball four times on that same possession. Just not at the 1-yard line.

DY- Of course they dont go committee at every position every year. But Smith and Dillon were nothing like the ball carrier Maroney is. Those guys were each proven 1000yd plus feature backs when they came to the Pats......and FULL GROWN MEN. Maroney is not cut from that same cloth. he's asmaller player...more of a slasher. Power is not going to be this guys strongsuit, and he's not going to be a potential workhorse like both Smith and Dillon were capable of being. If they do that with Maroney, theyll kill him. he's been in the league one year and has already had a couple of injuries, one of them being a shoulder which is no minor ding. 1500 and 10 is within reach if he doesnt miss time. I dont personally see it, but its certainly possible. But unless another one of those backs gets dinged and Maroney carries more of a load out of nessecity, I see each of these guys, Faulk, Evans, Morris... sharing the wealth. They each have different individual talents that make them valuable. Id expect Maroney's #s this season to be similar to what Addai delivered last year. But then again, the Colts only had 2 players they rotated. The Pats will use 4.
My offseason projection for Maroney was 275-285 carries at 4.2 ypc plus maybe 250-275 yards receiving. That works out to 1400-1475 yards and I slotted him for 10 TD. In reality, I don't care what Morris/Faulk/Evans get on top of that because there will still be a lot of productin to go around. Evans and Faulk only combined for 3 carries this week.I'm not sure the Addai comparison is a great one to make, as Addai had half his games with under 15 carries including 3 games in single digits. I suspect that Maroney will consistently get 15-20 a game but they won't give him much more than 22 carries a game to keep him fresh.I concur that Maroney could miss a few games, but I would slot him for 90-95 yards of offense per game and 0.5 to 0.6 TD per game. He had right around 80 this past week, but I don't think we will see the Pats ripping off 300 yards passing every week.

I expect him to take on more of a full-time role once he gets in game shape. We need to remember that he missed the first 3 pre-season games. Plus, why would the Pats overwork him when they were stomping all over the Jets. There will be plenty of running TDs to be had, and I still expect Maroney to get 10+.

I watched the game, and what concerned me was not Maroney's carry total per se, but the fact that after Maroney ran strong on the Pats' first possession, Belichik went to immediately to Morris for their second possession and most of the third. It smacked of a straight-up platoon.Also, I don't see why anyone would discount Evans's score because it was "garbage time." If Maroney had just been given the rest of the day off at that point, that's one thing, but he carried the ball four times on that same possession. Just not at the 1-yard line.
good points, Sid. Belichick is going to do with the RBs what he'll do most often with most players. he'll put the best players in position to do the work that theyre best. It may just be me, but I see Maroney as the 3rd best goalline back on this team, behind Evans and Morris. And Brady will probably vulture a sneak or 2. I just dont see the double digit TD production people are expecting. I see LM getting very few carries from inside the 2.f

My offseason projection for Maroney was 275-285 carries at 4.2 ypc plus maybe 250-275 yards receiving. That works out to 1400-1475 yards and I slotted him for 10 TD. In reality, I don't care what Morris/Faulk/Evans get on top of that because there will still be a lot of productin to go around. Evans and Faulk only combined for 3 carries this week.I'm not sure the Addai comparison is a great one to make, as Addai had half his games with under 15 carries including 3 games in single digits. I suspect that Maroney will consistently get 15-20 a game but they won't give him much more than 22 carries a game to keep him fresh.I concur that Maroney could miss a few games, but I would slot him for 90-95 yards of offense per game and 0.5 to 0.6 TD per game. He had right around 80 this past week, but I don't think we will see the Pats ripping off 300 yards passing every week.
as a Pats fan, Im hoping youre on point, but Im sure no matter who it is, the running #s will be there.

I just dont see the double digit TD production people are expecting. I see LM getting very few carries from inside the 2.
Maroney had 7 TD last year but only had 7 carries inside the 5 yard line. Even with a few more he should still be in position to hit 10 TD (but I would not project him much beyond that).

as a Pats fan, Im hoping youre on point, but Im sure no matter who it is, the running #s will be there.
I also said all off season that the Pats will look to pass a lot more than in prior seasons, so we'll have to see if that works out as well.

I'm concerned and here's why...The Pats look explosive and If I was BB, I would rest Maroney as much as possible in the regular season...no need to run him if you don't need to.That being said, he should get more work this week.
You could say that about any star player on the team. I think if he would get rested, it would be in a game where they're way ahead and he just doesn't play in the 4th quarter up by 20. However, if it's at the beginning of the game, they're not going to just rest a guy to rest him because it's the NFL, you can lose against any team on any given Sunday if you THINK you can have the mindset I'm just going to rest guys so that we can get to the real teams at the end of the season.They're going to use players during the course of the regular season the way the coaches think is best to win football games. I don't think they think Maroney is the every down back and the goaline back from now until the Super Bowl or bust. They're going to mix in some other players on some running plays and they're going to use the passing game long and short to execute a masterpiece of an offense

To all those people saying "He was drafted too early" what RB would you take at 13 instead? According to most ADP you have Willis Mcgahee, Ronnie Brown, MJD, Edge, Portis, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Bradon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Caddy, Deuce, ....that's the standard order of RB. Which of those guys have the same potential as Maroney?

BTW he had 20 carries which equates to 320 carries for the year which is perfect for him, yes he didn't get in the end zone in the first week, big deal.

If you say that you would draft a WR there instead and instead get Caddy, Deuce, Ahman, Norwood, Jamal Lewis as your RB2 you are probably in worse shape.

To all those people saying "He was drafted too early" what RB would you take at 13 instead? According to most ADP you have Willis Mcgahee, Ronnie Brown, MJD, Edge, Portis, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Bradon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Caddy, Deuce, ....that's the standard order of RB. Which of those guys have the same potential as Maroney?BTW he had 20 carries which equates to 320 carries for the year which is perfect for him, yes he didn't get in the end zone in the first week, big deal.If you say that you would draft a WR there instead and instead get Caddy, Deuce, Ahman, Norwood, Jamal Lewis as your RB2 you are probably in worse shape.
This year, Maroney was the only Round 2 RB that I considered. If he wasn't there, I took a WR and did not take a RB in Round 2 (in like 15 drafts).

I just dont see the double digit TD production people are expecting. I see LM getting very few carries from inside the 2.
Maroney had 7 TD last year but only had 7 carries inside the 5 yard line. Even with a few more he should still be in position to hit 10 TD (but I would not project him much beyond that).
Sold. Ill buy what youre selling. With only 7 touches inside the 5 last season, which I did not know, that's nice TD production with his limited touches.

There was no justification for Maroney being a top 10-12 RB. You shouldn't have drafted him that high.
No justification? Are you paying attention at all? -The guy is on a championship caliber team with an already stout offense (with a revamped set of receivers, nonetheless)-they figure to be playing ahead in the 2nd half (which equates to running the ball)-As a rookie he rushes 175 times for 750 yds with 22 receptions 200 rec. yds and 7 total TD's. -His teammate Corey Dillon (who isn't there anymore BTW) rushed 199 times for 800+ yds and 13, yes, 13 TD's in 2006-There was no apparent RB on the roster that would cut into his time (I don't think Morris will pose a threat IMO)So Teamroc, tell us why there is no justification. If you make a blind statement on the board back it up!PS After doing a little research, I'm surprised he wasn't ranked higher

Maroney order.

I think Morris splits carries with him all year.

watching the game I noticed that Morris was given entire series more than once. In fact, it was Maroney who came back in for the garbage time. I'm hoping that the are breaking him in slowly because he missed a bunch of time in the pre-season.

If he has a huge game I'm going o look to move him. He isn't getting the carries inside the 5 for sure, and will not live up to his ADP unless he does.

To all those people saying "He was drafted too early" what RB would you take at 13 instead? According to most ADP you have Willis Mcgahee, Ronnie Brown, MJD, Edge, Portis, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Bradon Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Caddy, Deuce, ....that's the standard order of RB. Which of those guys have the same potential as Maroney?BTW he had 20 carries which equates to 320 carries for the year which is perfect for him, yes he didn't get in the end zone in the first week, big deal.If you say that you would draft a WR there instead and instead get Caddy, Deuce, Ahman, Norwood, Jamal Lewis as your RB2 you are probably in worse shape.
This year, Maroney was the only Round 2 RB that I considered. If he wasn't there, I took a WR and did not take a RB in Round 2 (in like 15 drafts).
I agree. He was the only 2nd round RB I considered as well. Didn't like MJD, Bush (if he wasn't taken in the first), didn't like edge (although the cards do seem after the first week to want to run and run and run even to the detriment of the team), didn't like TJ's prospects in NY, don't like benson don't see him staying the sole starter all year, Jacobs don't like the big guy (and he's already injured), didn't like lynch's situation (although he did look good, but I avoided drafting him). All in all maroney is the right pick there and will live up to that position, will he be top 3? Probably not, but he wasn't drafted top 3

There was no justification for Maroney being a top 10-12 RB. You shouldn't have drafted him that high.
No justification? Are you paying attention at all? -The guy is on a championship caliber team with an already stout offense (with a revamped set of receivers, nonetheless)-they figure to be playing ahead in the 2nd half (which equates to running the ball)-As a rookie he rushes 175 times for 750 yds with 22 receptions 200 rec. yds and 7 total TD's. -His teammate Corey Dillon (who isn't there anymore BTW) rushed 199 times for 800+ yds and 13, yes, 13 TD's in 2006-There was no apparent RB on the roster that would cut into his time (I don't think Morris will pose a threat IMO)So Teamroc, tell us why there is no justification. If you make a blind statement on the board back it up!PS After doing a little research, I'm surprised he wasn't ranked higher
I pretty much think he was ranked pretty close to where he should have been. He hasn't shown that he can be an every down, 350 carry back yet and he really wasn't their goal line back last year. So those that took him did so on faith that he would evolve into that (and let's not forget the shoulder issues).I still do not think that the angle of Maroney + Dillon last year could equal Maroney this year as that one would require him to have 400+ touches.I somewhat agree that there is not a single guy that will get the ball as much as Dillon did, but I think there are several guys that they will off load some carries to and they will pass more (meaning fewer rushing attempts all around).That's why I think Maroney really has an upside of the Top 8 or Top 10 but not a lot more than that. I know in theory he could get 15-20 TD but I just don't think that that is/was realistic. I don't see him getting the workload of the uber stud backs, nor do I see him putting up elite ypc numbers or crazy TD numbers either. He's also likely not going to see passes like a Westbrook, so that's another reason to temper some enthusiasm. Good player on a great team should equal good production. But I don't see him going off for 200 yards rushing in a game. (He's had only one 100 yard rushing game in his young career.)

Users who are viewing this thread