What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch vs. Brandon Jackson (1 Viewer)

Splicer

Footballguy
Most seem to agree on Peterson vs. Lynch on dynasty value(Peterson wins), but how about Lynch vs. Jackson?

Aweek ago it seemed a no brainer, Lynch. Since then Lynch has stalled, and Jackson has been the talk of the town in Green Bay.

I am of the belief that Lynch has more value dynasty and Jackson more in redraft.

Anyone care to voice opinions???

Lynch.

Jackson may wind up starting for Green Bay this year, but anyone who thinks he'll have a better dynasty career than Lynch is kidding themselves.

Just one guys' opinion, however.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.Jackson may wind up starting for Green Bay this year, but anyone who thinks he'll have a better dynasty career than Lynch is kidding themselves.Just one guys' opinion, however.
And you know what they say about opinions....I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch. In my opinion, Lynch and Arrington will turn out to have more in common than just their alma mater. I do think Wright might be a nice sleeper in Buffalo, however.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.Jackson may wind up starting for Green Bay this year, but anyone who thinks he'll have a better dynasty career than Lynch is kidding themselves.Just one guys' opinion, however.
And you know what they say about opinions....I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch. In my opinion, Lynch and Arrington will turn out to have more in common than just their alma mater. I do think Wright might be a nice sleeper in Buffalo, however.
Did you just say Jackson is as talented as Lynch? Hard pressed to find any scout that would not laugh at that notion. Bottom Line is Jackson wont last two years in the NFL. Lynch is a stud and you got it backwards. Jackson was a 6th round talent and he got drafted on a complete reach by the packers. Here is a list of players who far exceded Jacksons talent in the Draft this year at RB not named Lynch or Peterson: Irons, Bush, Sneller, Bradshaw, Wolf, Wright, Pittman, Booker and Darby. Jackson is a middle of the road talent and is destined for back up duty. Your bereal dissapointed when a Morency is back and claiming the starting job back from Jackson. Favre is going to get killed because Jackson cant pick up a block to save his own life let alone protect the QB. I hope you didnt burn an early round dynasty pick on that slug?

Splicer said:
Most seem to agree on Peterson vs. Lynch on dynasty value(Peterson wins), but how about Lynch vs. Jackson?Aweek ago it seemed a no brainer, Lynch. Since then Lynch has stalled, and Jackson has been the talk of the town in Green Bay.I am of the belief that Lynch has more value dynasty and Jackson more in redraft.Anyone care to voice opinions???
BJax IMO is a stop gap solution who might not even be the best runner on the team this season. Lynch is the Bills future, and will at least at some point be the #1 guy this year.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

Jackson may wind up starting for Green Bay this year, but anyone who thinks he'll have a better dynasty career than Lynch is kidding themselves.

And you know what they say about opinions....I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch.

In my opinion, Lynch and Arrington will turn out to have more in common than just their alma mater. I do think Wright might be a nice sleeper in Buffalo, however.
Living in the past, eh?

Splicer said:
Most seem to agree on Peterson vs. Lynch on dynasty value(Peterson wins), but how about Lynch vs. Jackson?A week ago it seemed a no brainer, Lynch. Since then Lynch has stalled, and Jackson has been the talk of the town in Green Bay.I am of the belief that Lynch has more value dynasty and Jackson more in redraft.Anyone care to voice opinions???
BJax IMO is a stop gap solution who might not even be the best runner on the team this season. Lynch is the Bills future, and will at least at some point be the #1 guy this year.
:shrug: Switz, what is going on? Seems were agreeing all the time these days.

Splicer said:
Most seem to agree on Peterson vs. Lynch on dynasty value(Peterson wins), but how about Lynch vs. Jackson?A week ago it seemed a no brainer, Lynch. Since then Lynch has stalled, and Jackson has been the talk of the town in Green Bay.I am of the belief that Lynch has more value dynasty and Jackson more in redraft.Anyone care to voice opinions???
:shrug: Switz, what is going on? Seems were agreeing all the time these days.
Well, I figured eventually you'd get some sense ;)

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

And you know what they say about opinions....I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch.

In my opinion, Lynch and Arrington will turn out to have more in common than just their alma mater. I do think Wright might be a nice sleeper in Buffalo, however.
Did you just say Jackson is as talented as Lynch? Hard pressed to find any scout that would not laugh at that notion. Bottom Line is Jackson wont last two years in the NFL. Lynch is a stud and you got it backwards. Jackson was a 6th round talent and he got drafted on a complete reach by the packers. Here is a list of players who far exceded Jacksons talent in the Draft this year at RB not named Lynch or Peterson: Irons, Bush, Sneller, Bradshaw, Wolf, Wright, Pittman, Booker and Darby. Jackson is a middle of the road talent and is destined for back up duty. Your bereal dissapointed when a Morency is back and claiming the starting job back from Jackson. Favre is going to get killed because Jackson cant pick up a block to save his own life let alone protect the QB. I hope you didnt burn an early round dynasty pick on that slug?
I love comments like this. There all over the boards. On the one hand, you give scouts credibility when you say none will agree that Jackson is as good as Lynch. But then when you say that Jackson will be out of the league in two years, you're completely dismissing the opinion of at least one of those scouts you just referenced (I'm pretty sure the Packer GM and scouts, who know more about this than you, don't think Jackson will be out of the league in two years).

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

I love comments like this. There all over the boards. On the one hand, you give scouts credibility when you say none will agree that Jackson is as good as Lynch. But then when you say that Jackson will be out of the league in two years, you're completely dismissing the opinion of at least one of those scouts you just referenced (I'm pretty sure the Packer GM and scouts, who know more about this than you, don't think Jackson will be out of the league in two years).
I tihnk he was implying lasting "as a starter" - at least that's how I read it.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

Actually I think I know more about a lot football than the Green Bay Organization. Proof: They still got Favre at QB. :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Splicer said:
Most seem to agree on Peterson vs. Lynch on dynasty value(Peterson wins), but how about Lynch vs. Jackson?Aweek ago it seemed a no brainer, Lynch. Since then Lynch has stalled, and Jackson has been the talk of the town in Green Bay.I am of the belief that Lynch has more value dynasty and Jackson more in redraft.Anyone care to voice opinions???
Is this because you don't see Jackson panning out? I find it hard to believe that Ted Thompson would draft a raw, underclassman, RB in the 2nd round to be a stop gap.

Tough call. I'd probably say Jackson because of Rogers and how good the young offensive line of the Packers is. I don't think its the backs you need to evaluate but the blocking, receivers, Head Coach, the defense, and the division they play in Right now I'd give the edge to the Packers RB but a lot of the supporting players and coaches are young so its some what speculative.

Splicer said:
Is this because you don't see Jackson panning out? I find it hard to believe that Ted Thompson would draft a raw, underclassman, RB in the 2nd round to be a stop gap.
Lynch may be a better all around back and if both were playing for the Bills I would say Lynch easily. BUT they aren't. Jackson is perfect for the zone blocking system so when comparing output I expect they will be similar.By the way, Gil Brandt thinks Jackson was a steal.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

Living in the past, eh?
Team fantasy RB points the past two seasons:Green Bay

2006 - 310.3

2005 - 291.5

Buffalo

2006 - 218.0

2005 - 224.1

Splicer said:
Honestly Jackson is decent Runner not in Lynch's class but makes good cuts and catches the ball. There are many, many like him. All organizations get sold somtimes on a particular player by somone who is just in love with a player. It could be sombodys brother see's this kid every other week at a home game down in Nebraska and thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, convinces Ted to draft him and assures him he is the next coming of Ahmand Green and there you are. I go over to Yahoo and watch the highlights on both of these guys and it is remarkable to have anyone post that Jackson is as talented as Lynch. If he is? I dont see it. Could be Green Bay thought they were going to move down a few spots and draft Lynch, that didnt work out if it was the case. Could have been a panic move, it wasnt as bad as Tenn drafting Chris Henry(hard to say with a straight face). Could be they know what they are doing, again I doubt that with the constant lingering Grey Bearded QB they wont let go of. Ted is no rocket scientist and I think he is a terrible GM.

Splicer said:
Lynch may be a better all around back and if both were playing for the Bills I would say Lynch easily. BUT they aren't. Jackson is perfect for the zone blocking system so when comparing output I expect they will be similar.By the way, Gil Brandt thinks Jackson was a steal.
Gil Brandt is 74 years old. A great scout for the Cowboys for many years, and though still working for the NFL Brandt's days as Judge of talent are long behind him. Brandt compared Jackson to Frank Gore, "Frank Gore". Come on thats weak stuff dude.

Splicer said:
Jackson reminds me of Vince Workman.

When it comes to talent, I have to choose Lynch. He proved a lot more in college, and has some amazing natural talents and skills. Jackson was a guy I was high on prior to the draft as a good sleeper, and although I see some good talent and potential in Jackson, he is raw and needs some polishing. I like the improvement I've seen so far from Jackson this camp, but not enough for me to think he's equally as talented as Lynch. I'm really hoping Morency can get healthy so Green Bay doesn't have to rely on Jackson so much this season, and can allow him some time to mature.

Buffalo's fantasy football schedule is BRUTAL!!!!

Most fantasy regular seasons are 13 or 14 weeks long depending on how many teams make the playoffs. Well, all of the following opponents (and a bye week) make up Marshawn Lynch's fantasy season:

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

That makes 8 of his 13 or 14 weeks useless or EXTREMELY tough to produce solid RB #2 numbers.

Avoid Marshawn at all costs unless it is at a tremendous value.

I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch.
Living in the past, eh?

2006 - 310.3

2005 - 291.5

Buffalo

2006 - 218.0

2005 - 224.1
Thank you for making my point.
Where do you see the two finishing this year? I have Green Bay finishing in the 290 range, while I have Buffalo in the 250 range.

The loss of Ahman Green will hurt some, but he was out 11 weeks in 2005 and they still managed to do OK. Green Bay's O-line has been considered well below average by most the past two seasons, not to mention having two rookie guards starting last year. Green Bay has made some nice young changes to their O-line since 2005 and will only get better as they continue to improve in the ZBS.

I like what Buffalo added to their offense this offseason, but I do think it will take a little time before they all get on the same page.

edit: 2005 not 2004

Splicer said:
Jackson reminds me of Vince Workman.
Ouch. You must really hate Jackson.

I like Jackson, both in the near and the long term. GB is better situation for an offensive player than Buffalo, and Jackson is at least as talented as Lynch.
Living in the past, eh?

2006 - 310.3

2005 - 291.5

Buffalo

2006 - 218.0

2005 - 224.1
Thank you for making my point.
Where do you see the two finishing this year? I have Green Bay finishing in the 290 range, while I have Buffalo in the 250 range.

The loss of Ahman Green will hurt some, but he was out 11 weeks in 2004 and they still managed to do OK. Green Bay's O-line has been considered well below average by most the past two seasons, not to mention having two rookie guards starting last year. Green Bay has made some nice young changes to their O-line since 2004 and will only get better as they continue to improve in the ZBS.

I like what Buffalo added to their offense this offseason, but I do think it will take a little time before they all get on the same page.
I see Buffalo running the ball alot more this season, and being able to sustain drives because of Losman's improvement, and the offense improvement as a whole.As far as guessing numbers, I don't think they'll be that far apart this season. But projecting out past this year, I see Buffalo continuing to improve, and GB declining.

Most fantasy regular seasons are 13 or 14 weeks long depending on how many teams make the playoffs. Well, all of the following opponents (and a bye week) make up Marshawn Lynch's fantasy season:

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

That makes 8 of his 13 or 14 weeks useless or EXTREMELY tough to produce solid RB #2 numbers.

A good try but bad example. A defense stats have a lot more to do with the opposing offense ability than with anything else. Baltimore for example played TB, OAK and Cleveland to open the season. None of those teams had any offense last year, none of them. When they faced the San Deigo Chargers in week four, the chargers smacked them for more than 150 yards rushing.Pittsburg had Miami that and for 38 yards on 18 attempts, pad the numbers. They then played Cleveland twice and Oakland, once again pad the numbers, every other team they faced that they held the Run game in check blew them out in passing yards and/or passing td's. So depending on who these teams face this year will go a long way to determining the amount of Rushing yards they give up. Steelers corners are terrible, Baltimores Corners are suspect. Trying to determine strength of Fantasy Schedual for any skill position is a farce, it is one of the most useless tools in your fantasy football toolbox and a near hoax. Discount it, start your studs, and never, ever pay attention to that crap. LT was crap for his owners for many folks who had him started last year during the Fantasy Football playoffs because San Diego had already secured a playoff berth. It had nothing to do with the opposing defense and everything to do with real not "Fantasy Football". Draft Lynch late secoond round as a number two back, there will be 5-7 other backs taken before him who will do alot worse.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

A good try but bad example. A defense stats have a lot more to do with the opposing offense ability than with anything else. Baltimore for example played TB, OAK and Cleveland to open the season. None of those teams had any offense last year, none of them. When they faced the San Deigo Chargers in week four, the chargers smacked them for more than 150 yards rushing.Pittsburg had Miami that and for 38 yards on 18 attempts, pad the numbers. They then played Cleveland twice and Oakland, once again pad the numbers, every other team they faced that they held the Run game in check blew them out in passing yards and/or passing td's. So depending on who these teams face this year will go a long way to determining the amount of Rushing yards they give up. Steelers corners are terrible, Baltimores Corners are suspect. Trying to determine strength of Fantasy Schedual for any skill position is a farce, it is one of the most useless tools in your fantasy football toolbox and a near hoax. Discount it, start your studs, and never, ever pay attention to that crap. LT was crap for his owners for many folks who had him started last year during the Fantasy Football playoffs because San Diego had already secured a playoff berth. It had nothing to do with the opposing defense and everything to do with real not "Fantasy Football". Draft Lynch late secoond round as a number two back, there will be 5-7 other backs taken before him who will do alot worse.
Well, using your logic, when did Buffalo's offense become high-powered?

Hard pressed to find any scout that would not laugh at that notion. Bottom Line is Jackson wont last two years in the NFL. Lynch is a stud and you got it backwards. Jackson was a 6th round talent and he got drafted on a complete reach by the packers.
:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: What has Lynch done to be a stud? Not a damn thing. Neither has Jackson. It's not like scouts get it wrong sometimes. There have have been many, many first round RB busts. In fact, I remember a few years ago two bid duds taken in the first and a stud by the name of Portis taken in the second. History can and will repeat itself. Have facts to back up your claims before making stupid statements such as these.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

While you're right that Lynch is the more talented back as judged by scouts, Jackson was not a 6th round talent. That's a pretty asinine statement. He was a virtual lock to be drafted on the first day and most expected it to be in the third round. The Packers reached a tad but not that much since it's was questionable whether he would fall to their next pick 15 picks later.I also think your list of more talented running backs is pretty ignorant. Wolf? Are you kidding me?

ETA: Links

"He's generally considered to have 2nd or 3rd round value"

"he (Jackson) has been projected as a second- to third-round pick"

Hard pressed to find any scout that would not laugh at that notion. Bottom Line is Jackson wont last two years in the NFL. Lynch is a stud and you got it backwards. Jackson was a 6th round talent and he got drafted on a complete reach by the packers.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :P What has Lynch done to be a stud? Not a damn thing. Neither has Jackson. It's not like scouts get it wrong sometimes. There have have been many, many first round RB busts. In fact, I remember a few years ago two bid duds taken in the first and a stud by the name of Portis taken in the second. History can and will repeat itself. Have facts to back up your claims before making stupid statements such as these.
Well the Jury is out on weather Lynch will be n NFL stud. As to stupid comments, yours is one of misunderstanding. Let me educate you: Fantasy Football is all about last years stats and loads of speculation. To every poster I have responded to, I have a great deal of respect for their opinion, I may disagree strongly, but i respect thier opinions. Lynch was a College Stud Running Back that is not in dispute, it is what it is. If you will take the time to watch a few college games or at the least the Highlight reels on Yahoo sports, you might come to the same conclusion that I or many others have. So pack it in your ear dude your speaking out the side of your neck. The only stupid comment on this whole thread just came from your keyboard.

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

While you're right that Lynch is the more talented back as judged by scouts, Jackson was not a 6th round talent. That's a pretty asinine statement. He was a virtual lock to be drafted on the first day and most expected it to be in the third round. The Packers reached a tad but not that much since it's was questionable whether he would fall to their next pick 15 picks later.I also think your list of more talented running backs is pretty ignorant. Wolf? Are you kidding me?

Well we disagree, and I have made many, many asinine comments. My opinion on Jackson stands, asinine or not.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

2007 :thumbup:

Kit Fisto said:
Lynch.

Well we disagree, and I have made many, many asinine comments. My opinion on Jackson stands, asinine or not.
Haha. I agree that Jackson's pass protection is going to be his biggest hurdle in earning playing time, but having watched many Nebraska games, I think Jackson could be a solid pro starting RB... once he figures out how to address onrushing linebackers.

He certainly has a higher ceiling than many of those light, third down scat backs and pedestrian running backs drafted later... He ran a 4.4 at the UN pro-day and has decent strength. So, as far as high reward rookie RBs go, he's solid at number three.

I'm pulling for him to do well and he has a great opportunity...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: What has Lynch done to be a stud? Not a damn thing. Neither has Jackson. It's not like scouts get it wrong sometimes. There have have been many, many first round RB busts. In fact, I remember a few years ago two bid duds taken in the first and a stud by the name of Portis taken in the second. History can and will repeat itself. Have facts to back up your claims before making stupid statements such as these.
Well the Jury is out on weather Lynch will be n NFL stud. As to stupid comments, yours is one of misunderstanding. Let me educate you: Fantasy Football is all about last years stats and loads of speculation. To every poster I have responded to, I have a great deal of respect for their opinion, I may disagree strongly, but i respect thier opinions. Lynch was a College Stud Running Back that is not in dispute, it is what it is. If you will take the time to watch a few college games or at the least the Highlight reels on Yahoo sports, you might come to the same conclusion that I or many others have. So pack it in your ear dude your speaking out the side of your neck. The only stupid comment on this whole thread just came from your keyboard.
Keep on with those guppy views that you have. Obviously you still follow the masses. As you, I have a great deal of respect for some of those on this board. There are many that I do not. Fact of the matter is that Lynch is ranked higher due to the opinion of the masses, including the NFL scouts obviously. That doesn't mean that they are wrong. I am trying to point out the fact that both of these backs come from multiple back systems. Neither has carried the full load. Both seem to have a similar skill set. Lynch seems to have landed in a better situation, but obviously time will only tell who is the better back. I just get tire of seeing non-educated people boasting and bragging on this board about something that hasn't happened.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

2007 :lmao:
Are you serious?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: What has Lynch done to be a stud? Not a damn thing. Neither has Jackson. It's not like scouts get it wrong sometimes. There have have been many, many first round RB busts. In fact, I remember a few years ago two bid duds taken in the first and a stud by the name of Portis taken in the second. History can and will repeat itself. Have facts to back up your claims before making stupid statements such as these.
Keep on with those guppy views that you have. Obviously you still follow the masses. As you, I have a great deal of respect for some of those on this board. There are many that I do not. Fact of the matter is that Lynch is ranked higher due to the opinion of the masses, including the NFL scouts obviously. That doesn't mean that they are wrong. I am trying to point out the fact that both of these backs come from multiple back systems. Neither has carried the full load. Both seem to have a similar skill set. Lynch seems to have landed in a better situation, but obviously time will only tell who is the better back. I just get tire of seeing non-educated people boasting and bragging on this board about something that hasn't happened.
You should probably educate yourself then, so as to form a more accurate opinion of these backs.As has been pointed out, more than once, Lynch HAS "carried the full load" averaging 18 carries pe game his senior season. In six games he had 20+ carries. When Forsett came into the game, Cal already had the game wrapped up and that's why they spelled Lynch,NOT because he couldn't "carry the full load." Lynch was always the #1 back on the team in 2006, whereas there were games where Jackson was not the #1 back on his team.

As far as skillsets go, Jackson reminds me of Vince Workman - utility player, but not especially good at anything. Lynch reminds me of - gulp - Marshall Faulk.

And isn't this board all about opinion? So why are you caaling out mdog to back up his opinion with facts? It's an opinion. Feel free to disagree. But we can learn a lot from others opinions.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

2007 :lmao:
Are you serious?
If you look at the end of 2006, there are many reasons to expect Buf to have a high powered offense this season.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

2007 :goodposting:
Are you serious?
If you look at the end of 2006, there are many reasons to expect Buf to have a high powered offense this season.
I expect them to be improved also, but I don't expect those improvements to really show up in box scores considering the defenses they play this season. Read my post up top again, most fantasy seasons are only 13 or 14 games long. In this first 13/14 games, Buffalo plays all of the following opponents (including a bye week):Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

That makes 8 of their 13/14 games in a fantasy regular season vs. a top 10 (in most cases top 5) defense with a bye week sprinkled in. Even if the players are improved, and their better within the system, don't expect it to show up in the form of improved statistics for the players.

Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

2007 :goodposting:
Are you serious?
I expect them to be improved also, but I don't expect those improvements to really show up in box scores considering the defenses they play this season. Read my post up top again, most fantasy seasons are only 13 or 14 games long. In this first 13/14 games, Buffalo plays all of the following opponents (including a bye week):Wk 1 - Denver

Wk 2 - Pittsburgh

Wk 3 - New England

Wk 5 - Dallas

Wk 6 - Bye

Wk 7 - Baltimore

Wk 11 - New England

Wk 12 - Jacksonville

That makes 8 of their 13/14 games in a fantasy regular season vs. a top 10 (in most cases top 5) defense with a bye week sprinkled in. Even if the players are improved, and their better within the system, don't expect it to show up in the form of improved statistics for the players.
As was stated:
A good try but bad example. A defense stats have a lot more to do with the opposing offense ability than with anything else.
I get it - you don't like Lynch, and this adds to your "evidence" to swupport your conclusion. I just disagree.

:D :lmao: :lmao: What has Lynch done to be a stud? Not a damn thing. Neither has Jackson. It's not like scouts get it wrong sometimes. There have have been many, many first round RB busts. In fact, I remember a few years ago two bid duds taken in the first and a stud by the name of Portis taken in the second. History can and will repeat itself. Have facts to back up your claims before making stupid statements such as these.
You should probably educate yourself then, so as to form a more accurate opinion of these backs.As has been pointed out, more than once, Lynch HAS "carried the full load" averaging 18 carries pe game his senior season. In six games he had 20+ carries. When Forsett came into the game, Cal already had the game wrapped up and that's why they spelled Lynch,NOT because he couldn't "carry the full load." Lynch was always the #1 back on the team in 2006, whereas there were games where Jackson was not the #1 back on his team.

As far as skillsets go, Jackson reminds me of Vince Workman - utility player, but not especially good at anything. Lynch reminds me of - gulp - Marshall Faulk.

And isn't this board all about opinion? So why are you caaling out mdog to back up his opinion with facts? It's an opinion. Feel free to disagree. But we can learn a lot from others opinions.
Because it seems to me that he's trying to pass off his opinion as fact, and that's annoying and arrogant.

Users who are viewing this thread