What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch (1 Viewer)

The Football Freak

Footballguy
I have been looking at the news reports out and all they say is "hopeful" and "tests will be done". Have any homers heard on local news/radio about the results of those tests? He went for 74 and a score the first time around so although the Bills play the Patriots at 15 point underdogs, this could still work out well for Lynch owners if he plays.

No word yet. Still waiting on my daily text. He was seen kinda bouncing on the sideline during the last Miami drive. He seems to be a gamer, lets just hope!!!!

I`ll second that. The kid seems to be the suck it up type. With the Bills on their winning streak, a streak which about 10-12 sucka** clubs in the league should take notice, I think he`ll give it his best shot this weekend. Too bad it`s vs the Pats but at home still think he`s close to 18/80 3 catches and a score. :thumbup:

Not sounding good. RBBC with Atrain and Wright if out = no fantasy value vs NE

November 14, 2007

Lynch update

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Bills coach **** Jauron held a conference call with the New England media this afternoon (1:45 p.m.) and was asked how RB Marshawn Lynch has responded physically after injuring his ankle against the Dolphins on Sunday.

"He's real sore, we'll just have to see as we move along here, but we're not particularly optimistic about it," Jauron said.

Jauron was asked about the Bills' depth at running back if Lynch is unable to suit up against the Patriots.

"You're always going to miss a talent like Marshawn. Every week he appears to me to be getting better," he said. "He's such an easy guy to have around, he's a hard worker, and he's a tough guy. He has a lot of talent. Let's face it, we didn't draft him that high because we didn't think he had it. Then we have Anthony Thomas, who has been in the league and is a solid performer, a really good football player. Dwayne Wright, who we just drafted this year, and then Freddy Jackson who we got from NFL Europe a year ago, this is his second year with us. So we're working at it and looking forward to their opportunity to play, and I know they are. We'll see how it goes."
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...nch_update.html

Not sounding good. RBBC with Atrain and Wright if out = no fantasy value vs NE

November 14, 2007

Lynch update

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Bills coach **** Jauron held a conference call with the New England media this afternoon (1:45 p.m.) and was asked how RB Marshawn Lynch has responded physically after injuring his ankle against the Dolphins on Sunday.

"He's real sore, we'll just have to see as we move along here, but we're not particularly optimistic about it," Jauron said.

Jauron was asked about the Bills' depth at running back if Lynch is unable to suit up against the Patriots.

"You're always going to miss a talent like Marshawn. Every week he appears to me to be getting better," he said. "He's such an easy guy to have around, he's a hard worker, and he's a tough guy. He has a lot of talent. Let's face it, we didn't draft him that high because we didn't think he had it. Then we have Anthony Thomas, who has been in the league and is a solid performer, a really good football player. Dwayne Wright, who we just drafted this year, and then Freddy Jackson who we got from NFL Europe a year ago, this is his second year with us. So we're working at it and looking forward to their opportunity to play, and I know they are. We'll see how it goes."
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...nch_update.html
Thanks for the article, but where do you get RBBC from that? :shrug: "Opportunity to play" <> "equal playing time for all"

Disco Stu said:
Thanks for the article, but where do you get RBBC from that? :shrug:"Opportunity to play" <> "equal playing time for all"
Didn't state it would be RBBC but rather if that is the case there is not value vs NE. Since Jauron mentioned 3 RBs as options to play, RBBC seems likely, but just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, Fred Jackson had a decent pre-seaon.

Game 1 vs NO.....8 for 49yds, 1 TD.....2 rec 19yds

Game 2 vs ATL....9 for 22yds..............3 rec 31yds

Game 3 vs TEN....4 for 31yds, 1 TD.....4 rec 80yds

Game 4 vs DET....9 for 23yds, 1 TD.....1 rec 12yds

Height: 6-1 Weight: 215 Age: 26

Born: 2/20/1981

College: Coe

Experience: 1st season w/ 1 season in NFL Europe

Wright would be featured over A Train. Wouldn't suprise me to see RBBC with Wright and Fred Jackson. This is A Trains last season in Buffalo. Writing has been on the wall all season.

I would expect Lynch to play. His ankles were tweaked all year at Cal, and he still came out and performed. He won the Washington game on a 23-yard TD run in OT with two tweaked ankles. (That was the game where he drove the cart around the field afterwards).

Theres no way he misses this game, its on Sunday night against the Pats and it will be so important for this franchise and Marshawn as well to show up and play well.

I just dont see him missing this game, he is young and can take punishment as the previous poster mentioned.

Not sure if this is a Honda, but:

Marshawn Lynch-RB-Bills Nov. 14 - 3:18 pm et

Coach **** Jauron indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury is more severe than the typical sprain and could force him out multiple weeks.

Buffalo is prepared to go with Anthony Thomas as its starter and Dwayne Wright as his oft-used backup. Wright might be the favorite for goal-line carries, while Thomas would get the majority of the touches. Fred Jackson could also be used sparingly. After New England, the Bills face Jacksonville and Washington, it won't be an easy road for a makeshift ground game.

Source: Buffalo News

Related: Anthony Thomas, Dwayne Wright, Fred Jackson

Theres no way he misses this game, its on Sunday night against the Pats and it will be so important for this franchise and Marshawn as well to show up and play well.I just dont see him missing this game, he is young and can take punishment as the previous poster mentioned.
So you are saying the magnitude of this game is going to miraculously heal his ankle so he can make cuts and not worry about risking it further injury?

Bills fans say A-train is about as good as just taking a knee on a play, will his ankle mirauosly heal probably not, but I just dont see him sitting this one out.

Not sure if this is a Honda, but:Marshawn Lynch-RB-Bills Nov. 14 - 3:18 pm et Coach **** Jauron indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury is more severe than the typical sprain and could force him out multiple weeks.Buffalo is prepared to go with Anthony Thomas as its starter and Dwayne Wright as his oft-used backup. Wright might be the favorite for goal-line carries, while Thomas would get the majority of the touches. Fred Jackson could also be used sparingly. After New England, the Bills face Jacksonville and Washington, it won't be an easy road for a makeshift ground game.Source: Buffalo NewsRelated: Anthony Thomas, Dwayne Wright, Fred Jackson
That does not sound too good.

Wright would be featured over A Train. Wouldn't suprise me to see RBBC with Wright and Fred Jackson. This is A Trains last season in Buffalo. Writing has been on the wall all season.
But Wright has not looked good either. I don't care if A Train was Jauron's guy. I swear he is good for 2 carries for 2 yards a game. I used to like A Train, but he is not affective at all when coming in on 3rd down. Maybe it would be different if he was the primary back.

Lynch likely out

It looks like the Buffalo Bills will play their biggest game of the season without their No. 1 offensive weapon. Bills running back Marshawn Lynch was not able to practice Wednesday due to the sprained ankle he suffered in the win over Miami on Sunday. Coach **** Jauron said he was "not optimistic" Lynch would play vs. the Patriots. Jauron said Lynch's injury is more significant than an "average" ankle sprain, and he could be out for multiple weeks. The Bills are expected to use both rookie Dwayne Wright and veteran Anthony Thomas in Lynch's place.

--- Mark Gaughan
Source

I'm hurting for a RB; Do you guys think Wright would be the better pick up over Thomas?

Wright should also get the GL carries right?

I'm hurting for a RB; Do you guys think Wright would be the better pick up over Thomas?Wright should also get the GL carries right?
I don't think there's any way of knowing. A-Train is higher on the depth chart so I'd go with him, but it's really a crap shoot

I'm hurting for a RB; Do you guys think Wright would be the better pick up over Thomas?Wright should also get the GL carries right?
I don't think there's any way of knowing. A-Train is higher on the depth chart so I'd go with him, but it's really a crap shoot
FWIW Wright has 25 carries + 2 receptions on the season, Thomas has 10 carries & 4 receptions, Jackson 1 & 1.

Theres no way he misses this game, its on Sunday night against the Pats and it will be so important for this franchise and Marshawn as well to show up and play well.I just dont see him missing this game, he is young and can take punishment as the previous poster mentioned.
So you are saying the magnitude of this game is going to miraculously heal his ankle so he can make cuts and not worry about risking it further injury?
Why not? It worked for Harrison? ...oh wait...

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get the majority of the carries. That dude is explosive and against the Patriots, the Bills are going to need someone that has the ability to rip a 50+ yarder off.

FWIW Wright has 25 carries + 2 receptions on the season, Thomas has 10 carries & 4 receptions, Jackson 1 & 1.
12 of those carries came against the Jets when Lynch was dinged up & ATrain was injured. 12 carries for 25 yards against the Jets. No backup will be worth a damn, unless Fred Jackson gets a shot to show what he can do. We haven't seen much from him.

I would sure enjoy some practice info...
Check out http://www.twobillsdrive.com/ - If it's Bills, it's there.You'll notice also on this site the Lynch's status ranges from missing several weeks to out to doubtful to questionable all based on the same interview - I love the press!
From that site:http://www.rnews.com/Sports/Story_2004.cfm...&category=3

It's Wright Time

by Bill Pucko

photo by Bob Gosney

Published Nov 14, 2007

If Marshawn Lynch can't answer the bell for the Buffalo Bills Sunday, and it appears he won't, another rookie is ready to go. Fresno State's Dwayne Wright.

They're not saying conclusively that Marshawn Lynch won't play, but it sure sounds that way. Coach **** Jauron referring to the Lynch's ankle injury, said that it didn't look like a like a one-week concern. Lynch's presumed absence minimizes Buffalo's chances of using ball control tactics against the heavily favored New England Patriots Sunday.

Anthony Thomas is the veteran backup. But the guy on the spot is rookie Dwayne Wright. He's a fourth round pick out of Fresno State who figures to get most of Marshawn's carries.

"It's a great opportunity that only happens once in a lifetime for a lot of guys," says Wright. "I don't know who is going to start but I'm just being prepared. So when I do step in and play, I'm pretty sure that I'll be ready. I've played a lot of big games in my career. I've faced a lot of adversity so this is nothing new to me."

In nine games for the Bills so far, Wright has run for 76 yards in 25 attempts. That's a three yard average. Lynch is the NFL's fifth leading rusher.

Which RB was practicing with the first team? This we need to know if any Buff homers can let us know. Thanks.
:banned: This would be the most reliable thing to know in trying to predict who will tote the rock. Anyone?? Beuller?

Which RB was practicing with the first team? This we need to know if any Buff homers can let us know. Thanks.
:goodposting: This would be the most reliable thing to know in trying to predict who will tote the rock. Anyone?? Beuller?
The Bills will most likely go with Wright as the main guy. They drafted him in the 4th rounnd out of Fresno St. and seem to like him alot. He knows how to hit the hole at least. Thomas used to be Jauron's boy but this season has been a different story; Thomas has seen very limited time. I could see Fred Jackon getting a lot of the 3rd down reps. He's a good reciever and looked good in the preseason running the ball.

so...this guy was dancing on the sideline after the game and now he's out a couple of weeks ???

can someone explain this ??? :thumbup:

i had a couple of ankle sprain playing basket and...i've never danced after the sprain...... :)

are these players made of glass ??

so...this guy was dancing on the sideline after the game and now he's out a couple of weeks ???can someone explain this ??? :thanks: i had a couple of ankle sprain playing basket and...i've never danced after the sprain...... :bag: are these players made of glass ??
I played a ton of basketball, plenty of times I sprained an ankle and knew to keep on playing because I knew the next day it would swell and I'd be out for a while. But while you're still loose and the shoe is on tight and the swelling hasn't been able to happen, you can keep playing.

so...this guy was dancing on the sideline after the game and now he's out a couple of weeks ???

can someone explain this ??? :thanks:

i had a couple of ankle sprain playing basket and...i've never danced after the sprain...... :bag:

are these players made of glass ??
I played a ton of basketball, plenty of times I sprained an ankle and knew to keep on playing because I knew the next day it would swell and I'd be out for a while. But while you're still loose and the shoe is on tight and the swelling hasn't been able to happen, you can keep playing.
not if the sprain is real badand it looks real bad in this case (out a couple of weeks)

so...this guy was dancing on the sideline after the game and now he's out a couple of weeks ???can someone explain this ??? :thumbup:
I think reports have been reading into this too much. What if Lynch was actually jumping on one foot? Probably not a smart move but is possible. Doubt anyone went back to analyze the film. They just know Lynch was not on a cart or in the locker room and saw him bouncing up and down so obviously the ankle must have been OK.

As a Lynch owner Im a bit worried, but I still think he will play on Sunday night, but for insurance sake I just picked up Wright, my starting backs are FWP, then Lynch, then Julius Jones, and Faulk. So if Lynch is a late game scratch I do have some options.

I just hope he plays

Maybe I'm being a little :goodposting: here, but is there any chance that this is injury-talk is all just a misdirection ploy by Jauron to try to get the Pats off-balance?

^ I wouldn't doubt it

Belicheck pulls that #### off every single week. Jauron wants BB to gameplan for a Losman to Evans attack and then BAM, marshawn comes out for sundays nigth game.

I believe Lynch played a game at Cal with two bad ankles and still broke off the winning run in OT.

so...this guy was dancing on the sideline after the game and now he's out a couple of weeks ???can someone explain this ??? :P i had a couple of ankle sprain playing basket and...i've never danced after the sprain...... :( are these players made of glass ??
I sprained an ankle 9 months ago and it still hurts if I don't have a brace or have it taped up. Injured it sliding into 2nd on field turf. Cleats hung up in the turf. I was able to finish the game both on offense an defense. But the next day, and for the next week, I was on crutches and couldn't walk on it.So "dancing on the sidelines" sounds just like the immature Lynch we saw in college.

Bills | Lynch OUT for Week 11 - Thu Nov 15 2:49:00 p.m. ET 2007

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 15, and will not play Week 11.

Bills | Lynch OUT for Week 11 - Thu Nov 15 2:49:00 p.m. ET 2007 (KFFL) Updating a previous report, Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 15, and will not play Week 11.
:unsure: KFFL has gotten so shoddy. The Bills have absolutely not said anything about Lynch being definitely OUT for Sunday. It doesn't look promising, but it's not a 100% sure thing yet either.Posted today at BuffaloBills.com:
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:40 PM ET | Link INJURY UPDATE: The news is pretty much unchanged on Marshawn Lynch. **** Jauron said he is still not optimistic about Lynch's status for Sunday night. Lynch didn't practice again Thursday.

Bills | Lynch OUT for Week 11 - Thu Nov 15 2:49:00 p.m. ET 2007 (KFFL) Updating a previous report, Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 15, and will not play Week 11.
:coffee: KFFL has gotten so shoddy. The Bills have absolutely not said anything about Lynch being definitely OUT for Sunday. It doesn't look promising, but it's not a 100% sure thing yet either.Posted today at BuffaloBills.com:
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:40 PM ET | Link INJURY UPDATE: The news is pretty much unchanged on Marshawn Lynch. **** Jauron said he is still not optimistic about Lynch's status for Sunday night. Lynch didn't practice again Thursday.
Just reporting what I saw. As a Lynch owner, I'd be happy to see him play.

Wow some of you guys sure are optimistic. Do you really think Jauron is just pulling a Bellichek and playing games? Marshawn isn't playing this weekend get over it and find a backup. Hopefully he is in next week but they already said multiple weeks was a possibility.

I'm a Buffalo homer and KFFL is wrong he has not been ruled out.

The only hope him playing is if he is limited in practice tomorrow so he can be a GTD.

I don't think it's a ploy by Jauron though as he tends to sit players when they can possibly give it a go. It's just how he is. I don't like it.

No chance without Marshawn though.

why are teams reluctant this year to give accurate injury info...seems like a big secret. Diagnosing an injury isn't hard, what type of sprain is it? possibly missing multiple games? is he out, say so..frustrating

why are teams reluctant this year to give accurate injury info...seems like a big secret. Diagnosing an injury isn't hard, what type of sprain is it? possibly missing multiple games? is he out, say so..frustrating
Yes, it would be a win/win situation if they gave out more accurate info - it would be immensely helpful to us fantasy football owners, with the added bonus that it would save time for the opposing defensive coaching staff knowing who they didn't have to game plan for, so everybody would be happy, surely?

Users who are viewing this thread