What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
Marvin Harrison - WR - Colts

Marvin Harrison (knee) was a limited participant at Colts practice Thursday.

Most indications are that Marvin will start at Jacksonville on Monday, and with a bye week ahead (sic: behind?) of him and an extra day of rest, one would presume he'll be ready to go. However, keep track of his progress on Friday and Saturday. Oct. 18 - 5:31 p.m. ET

Last edited by a moderator:
Its alarming to me given the fact that IMO no information ever really came out about the nature of his injury. If he comes off the bye week and still cant go this week, it is huge with respect to his prospects for the rest of the year. If he plays this week, you are right..non issue. Longer this goes the more serious you would assume the injury is. Granted, we wont know for sure until Monday night, but most of fantasy nation cant wait that long.

The Man with the Plan said:
The torch is being passed.
To who? Aaron Moorehead? Come on. Harrison should play this week, but even if he doesn't, it hardly means he is out for the year. He got hurt what? 2 weeks ago? So if he has a knee sprain, he would be out about 4 weeks, meaning he would return in a week or two. I won't be alarmed as a Harrison owner until he's actually proclaimed out for the year

Its alarming to me given the fact that IMO no information ever really came out about the nature of his injury. If he comes off the bye week and still cant go this week, it is huge with respect to his prospects for the rest of the year. If he plays this week, you are right..non issue. Longer this goes the more serious you would assume the injury is. Granted, we wont know for sure until Monday night, but most of fantasy nation cant wait that long.
I agree. Injury info is getting less reliable all the time. Look at AJ and Javon. Both were a week or so at first but things just kept moving back and now Walker need surgery and AJ's rehab just isn't progressing as they'd hoped. This week is big for Harrison owners.

I am defnitielty bumming over this news. I just traded Westbrook for Gore and Harrison on the assumption Harrison was ok. Didnt Dungy say last week if it was a playoff game, Harrison would have played. How could it have gotten worse over the bye week

:crying:

hopefully we will get some clues today with a practice update. do teams playing on MNF practice saturday also?

did a search for marvin news on the indystar newspaper site, and this is about the best i can do so far..from a brief section where their writers pick the game..

Phillip B. Wilson: Colts 23, Jaguars 20

It's time again for Jacksonville's Super Bowl, the game the Jags get up for like no other. They find a way to choke against weak teams but always give the AFC South champs a hard time. The Colts were wise to rest up the wounded prior to the bye week. Safety Bob Sanders, running back Joseph Addai and receiver Marvin Harrison, among others, should be fresh for "Monday Night Football." The Colts will need them against the physical respect-seekers from the Sunshine State. This one feels like it will be decided by a field goal. Adam Vinatieri will give the Jags a swift kick.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...RTS03/710190438

Don't be suprised either way, imo. The injury isn't as minor as it's been "reported," but everytime I've wanted to chime in...I have to go back to the fact that Harrison played with a basically busted / broken up wrist and hand for nearly an entire season (VERY productively). Knees are a bit different than a wrist/hand, but the guy is just an absolute warrior....a "quiet strength" guy.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that he sits 1 or 2 more weeks. Take that for what it's worth...not much.

maxwell1295 said:
Koya said:
2004 called, it wants it proclamation back. So do '05 and '06
Post of the year ? Anyone ? :shrug:
Got my vote...
How bout Post of the Day, let's go with that.I guess Marvin is fine, just rest. And there was info about his injury, called it a bruised knee. They sat him out, w/ Addai, and Sanders, and still won easily right before the BYE week. This week vs. Jax will be no easy game, he'll play, not sure how well, but he'll play. If I had him, I'd start him.

Koya said:
I'd still like to see a link where people actually said this back in 2004. I know it's been coming up for the last 24 months or so, but let's not get carried away here. It's finally happening...deal with it.

Koya said:
I'd still like to see a link where people actually said this back in 2004. I know it's been coming up for the last 24 months or so, but let's not get carried away here. It's finally happening...deal with it.
Check Reggie Wayne's '03 stats. He was ready for the "breakout" and to starting "taking the torch" from Marv. Yes, as far back as '04.

Koya said:
While I can't quote it back that far, I've seen it here for at least two years.In fact, I've seen many people in many places say this same thign for a few years.Doesn't make it LESS true this year, but it's a common drum to beat.

Marvin Harrison (questionable, knee) was withheld from all Colts practice activities on Friday.

His status is now less certain even though he has an extra day to get ready for Monday night's game at Jacksonville. That Harrison was limited Thursday, then withheld from Friday's workout is not a good sign. We should have an update on him this weekend, but for now Marvin looks like a game-time call.

per ESPN

Harrison (knee) did not participate in practice on Friday and is questionable for Monday's game against Jacksonville, the team's official web site reports. "Marvin did a lot of individual work (on Thursday), ran routes," head coach Tony Dungy said. "My sense is, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'd probably go. He did a little more this morning, but he's much farther along than he was bye week."

Spin: It's possible the Colts kept him out with another practice set for Saturday ahead of Monday's game. But he was limited on Thursday and the Colts haven't given out much information on his injury. Despite talk he'll go on Monday, be sure to double check Saturday's practice report before making a decision on him this week.

per ESPNHarrison (knee) did not participate in practice on Friday and is questionable for Monday's game against Jacksonville, the team's official web site reports. "Marvin did a lot of individual work (on Thursday), ran routes," head coach Tony Dungy said. "My sense is, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'd probably go. He did a little more this morning, but he's much farther along than he was bye week."Spin: It's possible the Colts kept him out with another practice set for Saturday ahead of Monday's game. But he was limited on Thursday and the Colts haven't given out much information on his injury. Despite talk he'll go on Monday, be sure to double check Saturday's practice report before making a decision on him this week.
And we all know how accurate ESPN has been with injury news this year :bye:

NYCGangGreen said:
varmint cong said:
per ESPNHarrison (knee) did not participate in practice on Friday and is questionable for Monday's game against Jacksonville, the team's official web site reports. "Marvin did a lot of individual work (on Thursday), ran routes," head coach Tony Dungy said. "My sense is, if I were a betting man, I'd say he'd probably go. He did a little more this morning, but he's much farther along than he was bye week."Spin: It's possible the Colts kept him out with another practice set for Saturday ahead of Monday's game. But he was limited on Thursday and the Colts haven't given out much information on his injury. Despite talk he'll go on Monday, be sure to double check Saturday's practice report before making a decision on him this week.
And we all know how accurate ESPN has been with injury news this year :lmao:
This happened earlier this week with Javon Walker, and he ended up needing his knee scoped. I'm in the camp that this is not good for Marvin.

per YAHOO

Oct 19 Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison (knee) was limited in practice Friday, Oct. 19. Harrison is a game-time decision for Week 7. Head coach Tony Dungy said he thought Harrison would play. Harrison said he did not have surgery when asked by reporters.

I think he needs to play if at all possible - even if it is just as a decoy to keep the Jags D honest - this is a HUGE game (which is not being emphasized enough by the national media how big this game really is IMO). But, that doesn't mean he'd be a good fantasy start this week if he does play.

I think he needs to play if at all possible - even if it is just as a decoy to keep the Jags D honest - this is a HUGE game (which is not being emphasized enough by the national media how big this game really is IMO). But, that doesn't mean he'd be a good fantasy start this week if he does play.
Doesnt really matter how big a game is. If the dude cant play, he cant play

GTD for player on my team sucks - GTD for player on my opponent's team rocks; especially when I have Wayne. :no:

The Colts are practicing Saturday as if it was a usual week Friday practice, as they're playing on MNF this week.

Thus, bump for after Saturday practice Colts news. :fingerscrossed:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7...0f-5244b4cb6c17

On Colts offical site, Harrison practiced Saturday, listed as Questionable for the game.
The Colts, who last played a game on October 7 – 13 days ago – went through their final full practice on Saturday afternoon in preparation for Monday’s AFC South Showdown in Jacksonville, Fla. The Colts have played in a lot of these sorts of games – big games – in recent seasons, Dungy said Saturday morning.

And as far as he can tell, they’re ready for this one.

“We’re as good as we can be,” Dungy said as the AFC South-leading Colts (5-0) prepared to play the Jaguars (4-1) in a matchup of AFC South leaders at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium Monday at 8:30 p.m.

“I think the mentality is right. We know what to expect. It’s going to be a great atmosphere and a great game.

“We’ve done well in these types of settings. Hopefully, that continues.”

Also Saturday, the Colts released their third and final injury report of the week, with offensive lineman Dylan Gandy (illness) and linebacker Victor Worsley (foot) each listed as missing practice. All other players practiced for the Colts.

The Colts had four players – linebacker Gary Brackett (abdomen), Gandy, Worsley and wide receiver Marvin Harrison (knee) – whose status for Jacksonville’s game was listed on Saturday as “questionable.”

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7...0f-5244b4cb6c17

On Colts offical site, Harrison practiced Saturday, listed as Questionable for the game.
The Colts, who last played a game on October 7 – 13 days ago – went through their final full practice on Saturday afternoon in preparation for Monday’s AFC South Showdown in Jacksonville, Fla. The Colts have played in a lot of these sorts of games – big games – in recent seasons, Dungy said Saturday morning.

And as far as he can tell, they’re ready for this one.

“We’re as good as we can be,” Dungy said as the AFC South-leading Colts (5-0) prepared to play the Jaguars (4-1) in a matchup of AFC South leaders at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium Monday at 8:30 p.m.

“I think the mentality is right. We know what to expect. It’s going to be a great atmosphere and a great game.

“We’ve done well in these types of settings. Hopefully, that continues.”

Also Saturday, the Colts released their third and final injury report of the week, with offensive lineman Dylan Gandy (illness) and linebacker Victor Worsley (foot) each listed as missing practice. All other players practiced for the Colts.

The Colts had four players – linebacker Gary Brackett (abdomen), Gandy, Worsley and wide receiver Marvin Harrison (knee) – whose status for Jacksonville’s game was listed on Saturday as “questionable.”
Good news, and vague news. Would love to hear from a beat reporter watching paractice to find out if he ran full offense with the first team, etc.Did they ever disclose MRI results for Marv? It's been an oddly murky situation.

It's murky because it's Marvin. He wouldn't tell anybody what time of day it is if it might prevent him from playing. I've heard in the past that he will sometimes refuses to even talk to team doctors to avoid questions that might cause problems.

So now it's time to use some sense so we don't have to whine later and get someone to point to the shirt.

Clearly Harrison is not 100% and he has a tough matchup against Rashean Mathis. He hasn't had a 100 yard game nor has he caught more than 6 passes in a game this year. All that makes a breakout game reasonably unlikely.

I'd still start him over most WRs if I knew he was starting. After all, he is MARVIN HARRISON.

But if he's a late scratch on Monday, you might have limited alternatives, if any, to put in his place. If I have a solid team that could win with his backup, then I'm not going to take the chance at taking a zero with the upside of just an average game. So I'm going to take what I can get. In one league it's Thomas Jones or Andre Davis in a flex spot. In another, it will be Andre Davis. Would I prefer a healthy Harrison, yes. But there is no healthy Harrison this week so I'm moving on without worrying until Monday night.

It's murky because it's Marvin. He wouldn't tell anybody what time of day it is if it might prevent him from playing. I've heard in the past that he will sometimes refuses to even talk to team doctors to avoid questions that might cause problems.
Absolutely true. This is kinda what I was referring to previously. He doesn't even want x-rays or MRI's done on injuries at times. The guy is a warrior (or just treatment phobic :rolleyes: ). I'm still leaning toward him not playing, or playing a very limited, *cough* decoy, role tonight. We'll see, game ON!!

(KFFL) The Indianapolis Colts have declared CB Brannon Condren, RB Clifton Dawson, WR Craphonso Thorpe, DL Dan Klecko, OG Dylan Gandy, DL Jeff Charleston, CB Michael Coe, LB Victor Worsley inactive for Week 7.

Marvin is active for the game against Jax.

(Rotoworld) Marvin Harrison is active Monday night, as expected.Impact: Harrison is expected to play a full complement of snaps against the Jags. He dunked the ball over the goal post during warmups, so he appears healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread