What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Simms (1 Viewer)

mr roboto

Footballguy
Geno has been bad lately. Rex wouldn't commit to answer whether or not Simms is going to get any 1st team reps this week.

Any thoughts for those in 2QB, dynasty or other formats where developmental QBs are important to identify. Jets fans?

I think it's possible he may get some play this year if Geno keeps heading in the worng direction, but I don't think there's much chance of him being the future. He showed some flashes in the preseason and is a tough kid, but my guess is that its much more likely that the Jets draft another QB next season (if they toss Geno aside) than that they turn the reigns over to Phil, Jr.

As badly as Geno is playing, he's still starting next week. If he struggles, maybe Simms gets in there.

No matter what happens next week, it's important the rest of the way for Idzik to see what he has with Geno in order to figure out when/how early to address the QB situation next year.

Who knows how good Simms is - I guess he could be good, but right now all he has is a pedigree as Phil's son. The backup QB is always the most popular player when the starting QB is struggling.

Rex Ryan is more loyal than any other head coach I can think of during the 30 years I have followed the NFL. He does not want to use backup QBs. Smith can start 1 for 13 with 4 interceptions on Sunday and he still would not get pulled until the 4th quarter with the score 30-10.

Rex Ryan is more loyal than any other head coach I can think of during the 30 years I have followed the NFL. He does not want to use backup QBs. Smith can start 1 for 13 with 4 interceptions on Sunday and he still would not get pulled until the 4th quarter with the score 30-10.
It's not necessarily Rex - lot of speculation around NY media about whether Rex or Idzik is keeping Geno in there. Geno was Idzik's pick in trying to put his stamp on the team.

Mark Sanchez: “I don’t want to go anywhere else,” Sanchez said. “I plan on being here. That’s all I’m thinking about, is coming back next year, leading this team and playing well, riding the pine, looking good on the sidelines, not taking any physical punishment and cashing big $ checks for doing absolutely nothing."

I added Simms last week in my deeper superflex. I expect them to give Geno every chance, but a nice hangnail injury could be enough for Simms to get a few end of year starts, and from there who knows.

It's not necessarily Rex - lot of speculation around NY media about whether Rex or Idzik is keeping Geno in there. Geno was Idzik's pick in trying to put his stamp on the team.
He did the same thing with Sanchez. Putrid performance after putrid performance. Sanchez finally got benched very late in his 4th season and the benching only lasted for one game. Ryan for whatever reason hates going to backup QBs. If he is a puppet now, then he was a puppet under the previous GM, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread