What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (1 Viewer)

Didn't a few business sue when they had the shutdown on DDD and the places didn't air. I think they sued because they had hired additional help and stuff to deal with the anticipated publicity.

He told someone to grab a razor and draw a bath. and called someone a see u next tuesday. and told someone to eat a bag of shizzle.

This might not blow over very quick...then again it might. I feel bad for the guy....but he needs to know when to shut it down vs the internet.

He told someone to grab a razor and draw a bath. and called someone a see u next tuesday. and told someone to eat a bag of shizzle.

This might not blow over very quick...then again it might. I feel bad for the guy....but he needs to know when to shut it down vs the internet.
probably would have blown over a lot quicker if they didn't make the decision to pull the plug on the show. his comments were tasteless but i'm not sure you can say they were more than that...amazing that celebrities even both to engage folks on social media.

This one was the only one he should really be in "trouble" for.

What's funny is that thinspiration hashtag seems harmless. It's mostly people posting pictures of models and celebrities. Hardly an outlet for anorexics to get positive feedback.

So he got drawn offsides for nothing imo.

Sucks for tipsy to not get the exposure. What a bad beat.

Yeah that one was over the top. What he should have done is say he didn't know the hashtag would offend anyone, apologize and moved on. Then ignore anything said after that.

Yeah that one was over the top. What he should have done is say he didn't know the hashtag would offend anyone, apologize and moved on. Then ignore anything said after that.
I bet he was drinking.

Well damn...hey since your place was featured in an episode, maybe the travel channel will give you a copy of the episode...email them and tell them you'd like to loop it on a monitor in your restaurant.

Then post it on YouTube for us FBG and hope they don't sue.

:cool:

Eta: kidding of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
kutta said:
NCCommish said:
Foosball God said:
tipsy mcstagger said:

I bet he was drinking.
Why cant he do what everyone else does and say he was hacked?

#ManvsFood #thinspiration #CelebrityRant #toofar #BleedOutHaters

#McGarnicleQuickOnTheTrigger #CallOffMassiveBBQRun #FireNewEmployees

I bet he was drinking.
Why cant he do what everyone else does and say he was hacked?
You can never trust a guy who went to Yale.

Apparantly the show has been *suspended* and not cancelled. Hes pretty popular. Wouldnt be sure if they put it back on...

Apparantly the show has been *suspended* and not cancelled. Hes pretty popular. Wouldnt be sure if they put it back on...
They aren't suspending his other show or delaying it. They had to do something to placate the whiners. This will be on eventually.

and thanks to twitter / facebook....the cities main paper and main food critic have it on their list of burgers to put into contention for the best burger in NOLA article in the works....in less than 24 hours of its introduction no less
So glad all this good is coming your way.
still unbelievable to me...
Tipsy,

My good friend Maria and her boyfriend were in town last weekend for the Essence event/festival and 4th of July. She acted on my recommendation on your place, and liked it so much they came back a second time! I'm not sure if you will remember her, as I didn't tell her to seek you out. Maria is a pretty, boisterous (loud), african american girl...not sure what her boyfriend looks like though. I figured you were probably pretty busy, and had enough random people already that needed your time.

Anyways, they thought the food was amazing, in particular the ribs, the greens, mac & cheese, and had a couple pieces of peanut butter pie you had on special that day. They will look for you in Memphis. That's where she is from....so she believes she knows good BBQ...=)

and thanks to twitter / facebook....the cities main paper and main food critic have it on their list of burgers to put into contention for the best burger in NOLA article in the works....in less than 24 hours of its introduction no less
So glad all this good is coming your way.
still unbelievable to me...
Tipsy,

My good friend Maria and her boyfriend were in town last weekend for the Essence event/festival and 4th of July. She acted on my recommendation on your place, and liked it so much they came back a second time! I'm not sure if you will remember her, as I didn't tell her to seek you out. Maria is a pretty, boisterous (loud), african american girl...not sure what her boyfriend looks like though. I figured you were probably pretty busy, and had enough random people already that needed your time.

Anyways, they thought the food was amazing, in particular the ribs, the greens, mac & cheese, and had a couple pieces of peanut butter pie you had on special that day. They will look for you in Memphis. That's where she is from....so she believes she knows good BBQ...=)
yep...i remember them. talked with the boyfriend more if I recall. thanks for the recommendation...the weekend was sort of a dud other than Friday. Essence brings a ton of folks in town but seldom do they leave the FQ... The revelers that did stop by seemingly had never had good bbq before...two hugs and a few high fives this weekend. :)

The wheels are turning extremely fast right now. A cafe on the westbank closed and needs a new tenant. Its cheaper rent, a bigger suburban crowd with a heavy industrial base of workers nearby, and the place is huge...nearly 4 times bigger than what i have now. they want me there...i know i will absolutely kill it for M-F lunch alone.. I CANNOT PASS IT UP. Dude doesn't want me to sign more than a month to month lease for now. I have very little to lose by trying. I wouldn't waste my time or money if I thought it wasn't going to kill it. My biggest worry at moment is that demand will force dinners and weekends too. Staffing can solve that easily enough I guess....i just never pictured me having two restaurants going...i feel sick to my stomach with excitement.

tipsy mcstagger said:
The wheels are turning extremely fast right now. A cafe on the westbank closed and needs a new tenant. Its cheaper rent, a bigger suburban crowd with a heavy industrial base of workers nearby, and the place is huge...nearly 4 times bigger than what i have now. they want me there...i know i will absolutely kill it for M-F lunch alone.. I CANNOT PASS IT UP. Dude doesn't want me to sign more than a month to month lease for now. I have very little to lose by trying. I wouldn't waste my time or money if I thought it wasn't going to kill it. My biggest worry at moment is that demand will force dinners and weekends too. Staffing can solve that easily enough I guess....i just never pictured me having two restaurants going...i feel sick to my stomach with excitement.
:clap:

Wow, excellent

Eta: how far away will it be. Where is the westbank

tipsy mcstagger said:
So a second location? Hows traffic to be able to move between locations so you can manage them both when needed? I can't think it would be short and easy to move between the Mag location to the Westbank

Wow, excellent

Eta: how far away will it be. Where is the westbank
In the weird world of New Orleans - it is South of CDB/FQ - Westbank refers to the bank of the Missisippi - in fact Algiers Point is east of downtown but is called the Westbank

Users who are viewing this thread