What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McFadden Shoulder Injury (1 Viewer)

az_prof

Footballguy
(TheHuddle) Updating a previous report, Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden (shoulder) was limited during practice Thursday, Sept. 15.

Analysis: McFadden's status for Week 2 will be evaluated further on Friday. At this point the shoulder injury does not appear like it will keep him out of action but make sure to check back over the weekend to verify his status. McFadden has a history or injuries and this is a situation to watch.

I'm not a McFadden owner (wish I was) but his running style scares the heck out of me. Don't see how he plays a full 16 running the way he does.

'BusterTBronco said:
Which is why everyone who has him needs a great backup.
#29 on the same team will do nicely, thank you.
I wouldn't call Bush a "great" backup. He's fat and slow. If DMAC is out, Bush won't do squat except maybe get 2.5 yards per carry.
Yeah, okay.Orton just fumbled again.
Ha, Ort For Short. You don't really think Bush would come close to McFadden's output, do you?

'BusterTBronco said:
I wouldn't call Bush a "great" backup. He's fat and slow. If DMAC is out, Bush won't do squat except maybe get 2.5 yards per carry.
Ha, Ort For Short. You don't really think Bush would come close to McFadden's output, do you?
Go look at the game logs. Bush has a proven track record of doing just that. He was ripping through the donks D for 10 a pop late in that game, and sealed the deal. So :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
Tell us again how Michael Bush is "the key to your fantasy season". Give it up. He sucks.
If he sucks and he rips of 10 a carry in crunch time, what does that say about the Denver D-line?

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
Tell us again how Michael Bush is "the key to your fantasy season". Give it up. He sucks.
If he sucks and he rips of 10 a carry in crunch time, what does that say about the Denver D-line?
I personally don't think he sucks but if you are content with him in your starting lineup over McFadden then you be crazy.

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
I personally don't think he sucks but if you are content with him in your starting lineup over McFadden then you be crazy.
Assuming McFadden doesn't play, who the hell WOULDN'T be comfortable with Bush in their starting lineup? :confused: I can see not loving him against the Jets or Steelers or Ravens, but against anyone else he is money.

The way McFadden was running on Mon night I fully expect to see these same reports of him "not practicing" or "being dinged up" all season long. He is running like a man possessed and was dishing out punishment on every run. It's going to take a toll on him and he will need recovery every week. I don't think that means he is sure to get seriously injured though. I still expect him to play every week.

Assuming McFadden doesn't play, who the hell WOULDN'T be comfortable with Bush in their starting lineup? :confused:

I can see not loving him against the Jets or Steelers or Ravens, but against anyone else he is money.
Bush is a must-have for leagues with week 17 championships.All kidding aside, I'd be all about it. Bush is a different style runner who has had better success than DMC behind the same line in the past. Last year was disappointing, but when given the bulk of the carries Bush has been impressive. A 4.4 ypc career average is nothing to sneeze at. I didn't draft DMC in any leagues, but I have Bush in several. If I had drafted DMC, I'd have drafted Bush even earlier than I did. This thread gave me hope that my investment was paying off earlier than expected, but I doubt that's the case...

It will be interesting to see where Bush goes next year as a FA. I'd be very surprised to see him back in Oakland.

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
Assuming McFadden doesn't play, who the hell WOULDN'T be comfortable with Bush in their starting lineup? :confused: I can see not loving him against the Jets or Steelers or Ravens, but against anyone else he is money.
I didn't say I wouldn't be comfortable, he'd be a top 20 back, but your first post in this thread made it seem like they're interchangeable which is looney. My point is that if I owned them both and McFadden didn't play, I wouldn't be happy.

Bush has a pretty good career ypc and looked good when McFadden wasn't playing last season. Don't know why people would dismiss him by saying he "sucks." I like him a lot of McFadden is out -- like said above, a different RB than McFadden but he is a good powerback IMO.

Bush has a pretty good career ypc and looked good when McFadden wasn't playing last season. Don't know why people would dismiss him by saying he "sucks." I like him a lot of McFadden is out -- like said above, a different RB than McFadden but he is a good powerback IMO.
Bush looked like an arena league player on Monday night compared to DMAC. Maybe that is why people think he sucks. I think he is a serviceable RB and will put up nice numbers if DMAC misses any time but the drop off seems pretty clear and drastic. DMAC is a stud. Almost anyone replacing him would look pedestrian.

Bush looked like an arena league player on Monday night compared to DMAC. Maybe that is why people think he sucks. I think he is a serviceable RB and will put up nice numbers if DMAC misses any time but the drop off seems pretty clear and drastic. DMAC is a stud. Almost anyone replacing him would look pedestrian.
I don't disagree at all - Bush is not McFadden nor will he ever will be, but he's proven he can carry the load and have success, so I wouldn't say he "sucks".

Bush is underrated.

I am NOT saying he is better than McFadden.

I am saying he does some things very well:

1) he never puts the ball on the ground.

2) he is durable

3) if all you need is 3 yards and a pile of dust, he is your man cuz he rarely loses yards on a carry.

This does not make him a star, but it does make him a serviceable player who can start if need be.

I thought he played well late in the game when they called his number, and if he can deliver that kind of performance late in games, he will be a valuable player indeed. (just not necessarily for fantasy purposes)

:lol: at bitter Burro fans!
Your team has stunk for nearly a decade, the Broncos just had their first really bad season in 20 years, and you are gonna talk ####? Haha, well, whatever floats your boat. I guess 8-8 would be exciting to me had my team been 29-83 over the previous seven seasons. :lol:Anyway, Bush is definitely a good RB to have if you have McFadden. He can definitely step in and be productive.

'Ghost Rider said:
:lol: at bitter Burro fans!
Your team has stunk for nearly a decade, the Broncos just had their first really bad season in 20 years, and you are gonna talk ####? Haha, well, whatever floats your boat. I guess 8-8 would be exciting to me had my team been 29-83 over the previous seven seasons. :lol:Anyway, Bush is definitely a good RB to have if you have McFadden. He can definitely step in and be productive.
Pardon my tone. It's nothing personal towards all Bronco fans. Oh, I do hate the Broncos, to be certain. It's just funny that another Bronco fan can call Michael Bush "fat and slow". That is the definition of homerism. I respect your take on the Raiders RB situation, and keeping it real.

'Ray_T said:
Bush is underrated.I am NOT saying he is better than McFadden.I am saying he does some things very well:1) he never puts the ball on the ground.2) he is durable3) if all you need is 3 yards and a pile of dust, he is your man cuz he rarely loses yards on a carry.This does not make him a star, but it does make him a serviceable player who can start if need be.I thought he played well late in the game when they called his number, and if he can deliver that kind of performance late in games, he will be a valuable player indeed. (just not necessarily for fantasy purposes)
He also pass blocks well, which doesn't earn you fantasy points, but does give him a chance to be on the field in third and long and possibly catch a few passes.He isn't as dynamic as McFadden but if McFadden is out he is a good RB2 start. The worst case is if McFadden plays but is "questionable." I hate that because then you don't know what to do. If McFadden is Probably, I would start him and not worry about it. If he is OUT on game day, start Bush and don't worry about it. If McFadden is questionable, then they could split more carries than normal and that would worry me.

Since when did McFadden become such a physical runner? Looks like a completely different guy from when he came in the league, even body wise.

Very impressed Mon night.

Bush a is good running back but yes the drop off from McFadden to Bush is pretty dramatic but I still would have no problem starting Bush if McFadden is out. Bush can get you 75-100 yards and a TD or two and can put up good numbers. He just would need alot more carries to do it. Mcfadden can do that with half the carries. But nothing wrong with Bush he can be a good RB just with MzcFadden in front of him makes him look just ok.

Post 28 and no mention of Taiwan Jones? What is wrong with this place?

Sneaky suspicion here, but if you want to scratch a lottery ticket on a McFadden backup I'd hazard to guess it is Taiwan Jones. Now DMC would need to be OUT for it to matter at all, but if DMC is OUT (I know, a big stretch) at any time you will see Jones in action. Bush will be the primary but that line with the speed and shiftiness of Jones and he will create opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread