What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Apps for iPhone/Droid (1 Viewer)

Are these real apps this go-round? Last year's MFL app was just a really, really basic viewer. It showed you the scores of your league's games and that's pretty much it, you couldn't even see the score breakdown by player.

:hot:

I always thought MFL was missing a huge opportunity with not creating a real full blown app. The reviews for MFL Mobile seem mixed, but it looks like they got this going on the right track.

I think we're crashing out the site. I paid and it's been sitting on downloading for 5 minutes now... Looks very cool!

Ned said:
:rolleyes:I always thought MFL was missing a huge opportunity with not creating a real full blown app. The reviews for MFL Mobile seem mixed, but it looks like they got this going on the right track.
These are not actual MFL apps, meaning they are 3rd party. That does not mean they won't be good. I just found these this morning, so I don't know any details, but from the screenshots alone, they look better that what we've had in the past.

benm3218 said:
This first one here looks like money. Buying it now.

Droid

$2.99 http://chriswstewart.com/android-applicati...ntasy-football/
I got this app today, it has great features. At first it wouldn't load my league, but now it works fine.
Bought this the other day, will work well for what I need. Just doesn't let you load tie breaker players, trades, etc. I'm sure developers will address in the future. As long as lineups can be submitted, and scores can be viewed, I'm good.

Hey folks, I'm the developer of the Android app for MFL. I really appreciate the positive feedback. I've gotten a lot of requests for things like trades, and add/drop access, but unfortunately those aren't available through the MFL API yet. I do have a good relationship with the people at MFL and I'm certainly passing all of these requests along to them. They're very receptive to these suggestions and I have a feeling they'll continue to expanding the API in the future. And as they do, I'll implement those additions into the app.

Thanks again for the feedback and I really hope you enjoy the app.

Downloaded the MFL Mobile iPhone app (the pay one). Like most apps, I find the paid are superior to the free. Haven't tried the freebies, but this one seems pretty good. Pretty basic functionality, basically just live scoring and set lineup, can't do any add/drops which would be ideal, but good enough. Hopefully the developer continues to make updates.

Hey folks, I'm the developer of the Android app for MFL. I really appreciate the positive feedback. I've gotten a lot of requests for things like trades, and add/drop access, but unfortunately those aren't available through the MFL API yet. I do have a good relationship with the people at MFL and I'm certainly passing all of these requests along to them. They're very receptive to these suggestions and I have a feeling they'll continue to expanding the API in the future. And as they do, I'll implement those additions into the app.Thanks again for the feedback and I really hope you enjoy the app.
Hey Chris.....probably the most important feature you can work on right now is the add/drop transactions. In the world we live in today, guys want the latest news and then want to act on it. If we get the FBG email saying player X is out for the year, we scramble to a computer to pick up his backup. Having an app that can do that would be fantastic.

Definitely agreed, remember, I'm an avid fantasy football player myself. :goodposting: I mentioned some of these features to MFL and from what they said, when you consider the Add transactions, they support so many variations that an implementation would be quite difficult on their part. So we'll see how it goes. Given where we are in the year and how busy those folks are about to be, I wouldn't expect much in the short term. Hopefully we can work out some extra features for next season at the latest but we'll see.

Hey folks, I'm the developer of the Android app for MFL. I really appreciate the positive feedback. I've gotten a lot of requests for things like trades, and add/drop access, but unfortunately those aren't available through the MFL API yet. I do have a good relationship with the people at MFL and I'm certainly passing all of these requests along to them. They're very receptive to these suggestions and I have a feeling they'll continue to expanding the API in the future. And as they do, I'll implement those additions into the app.Thanks again for the feedback and I really hope you enjoy the app.
Hey Chris.....probably the most important feature you can work on right now is the add/drop transactions. In the world we live in today, guys want the latest news and then want to act on it. If we get the FBG email saying player X is out for the year, we scramble to a computer to pick up his backup. Having an app that can do that would be fantastic.
100% agree. Also, thanks Chris for posting here, gives me a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it. Bought the app :goodposting: hope to see some good things in the future.

Thanks nysportsfan, appreciate it. I'll definitely be adding to the app as the season progresses. As more and more people download it I'm getting a ton of feedback so additions and fixes will be coming soon. Yesterday was a crazy day. MFL put a link to the app in the footer of their email template and as you can imagine, that drove a ton of traffic towards my app. It's been great and I'm absolutely going to continue working to make it the best app available.

a_rackowski,

I've really been considering it but I have no experience with Blackberry. I'd like to but currently I'm focused on making the Android client the best I can.

What is the workaround for rooted phones? I'm on a DroidX 2.2 rooted and would love to be able to buy your app. Doesn't show up in the market though.

Thanks nysportsfan, appreciate it. I'll definitely be adding to the app as the season progresses. As more and more people download it I'm getting a ton of feedback so additions and fixes will be coming soon. Yesterday was a crazy day. MFL put a link to the app in the footer of their email template and as you can imagine, that drove a ton of traffic towards my app. It's been great and I'm absolutely going to continue working to make it the best app available.
Yeah, I can imagine. I saw mine on Facebook, so it was a no brainer, and given the price point, worth it even if for only lineup submissions at this point.I mean, I can always go to the full site on my phone, but thats only to pick guys up if need be (which is, admittedly, important).What do you anticipate is the next feature to be added?

What is the workaround for rooted phones? I'm on a DroidX 2.2 rooted and would love to be able to buy your app. Doesn't show up in the market though.
Excellent question. I've been having a lot of reports of this and it's because I was an idiot when I initially put it on the Android Market. When I did, I checked the "Copy Protection" box and because of that it won't show up on devices where the ROM being used isn't "verified" by Google. Sadly, their copy projection is a joke anyway and so basically I've just screwed myself and not received any benefits from it anyway.All I need to do is go and uncheck that box in the Android Market, and you'll likely be able to see it. However, if I do, it would require every single person who has already downloaded it to do an uninstall and reinstall for it to work again. Nobody could possibly know that beforehand and so I'd get a few hundred emails and/or a ton of awful ratings/reviews in the market.At this point, I'm trying to contact Google to find the best solution to this as they've just recently stated that copy protection is being deprecated in the future in favor of their recently released license method (which has already been cracked). I will update back when I hear.

Yeah, I can imagine. I saw mine on Facebook, so it was a no brainer, and given the price point, worth it even if for only lineup submissions at this point.I mean, I can always go to the full site on my phone, but thats only to pick guys up if need be (which is, admittedly, important).What do you anticipate is the next feature to be added?
Right now, I'm working on minor fixes and tweaks that have come up since the surge in downloads. Past that, I have a few things I want to do but before the season starts, I'm planning to have:* Have the ability to view the roster for any team. Right now, the only way to see players is to set your own line up or to view active players on a match up. I want more there so you can view the full roster for a team.* On the set line up screen, I want to show who the player is playing and perhaps a status if they have one (questionable, doubtful, out, etc).So prior to the first Thursday night game, I'm planning to have those in and to have stabilized the app even more than it already is.

Excellent question. I've been having a lot of reports of this and it's because I was an idiot when I initially put it on the Android Market. When I did, I checked the "Copy Protection" box and because of that it won't show up on devices where the ROM being used isn't "verified" by Google. Sadly, their copy projection is a joke anyway and so basically I've just screwed myself and not received any benefits from it anyway.All I need to do is go and uncheck that box in the Android Market, and you'll likely be able to see it. However, if I do, it would require every single person who has already downloaded it to do an uninstall and reinstall for it to work again. Nobody could possibly know that beforehand and so I'd get a few hundred emails and/or a ton of awful ratings/reviews in the market.At this point, I'm trying to contact Google to find the best solution to this as they've just recently stated that copy protection is being deprecated in the future in favor of their recently released license method (which has already been cracked). I will update back when I hear.
Friggin' Google. :goodposting:Keep us posted. You've got at least $2.99 riding on it. :lmao:

MFL Mobile crashes when I try to submit access my roster to submit my lineup. Guessing it can't handle the custom players on rosters. We use high school and college players on dev rosters.

Right now, I'm working on minor fixes and tweaks that have come up since the surge in downloads. Past that, I have a few things I want to do but before the season starts, I'm planning to have:* Have the ability to view the roster for any team. Right now, the only way to see players is to set your own line up or to view active players on a match up. I want more there so you can view the full roster for a team.* On the set line up screen, I want to show who the player is playing and perhaps a status if they have one (questionable, doubtful, out, etc).So prior to the first Thursday night game, I'm planning to have those in and to have stabilized the app even more than it already is.
Thanks, Chris. Any chance you can enable the ability to select tie breaker players when submitting a lineup?

In the market someone asked a Q, about Chris Stewart's version, asking if add/drops and trades would be added. In a FCFS waiver league, it'd bug me to not have add/drops ability yet it's right there in front of me.

I agree that one looks like it's the best

In the market someone asked a Q, about Chris Stewart's version, asking if add/drops and trades would be added. In a FCFS waiver league, it'd bug me to not have add/drops ability yet it's right there in front of me.I agree that one looks like it's the best
It's funny you mention that, because I can't respond to those questions. :) I wish folks would email me (cstewart913@gmail.com) or Google provided some way in the Market for me to address them.Anyway...Those features are not yet available through the MFL API, so they cannot be available through a 3rd party app. The people at MFL are extremely receptive to API feature suggestions however, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if features like these become available in the future. In fact, I've directly talked to them about trade possibilities and because that's pretty straightforward, I have a feeling that will be made available before any of the others. Of course, it's entirely up to MFL but I can tell you they listen to their user base and your feedback is always helpful.

Thanks, Chris. Any chance you can enable the ability to select tie breaker players when submitting a lineup?
I've not heard of that feature. Is it a league to league thing? I wonder if that's available using the MFL API. Tell me more and I'll look into it.
I thought it was fairly standard. It is simply choosing 5 extra players in addition to the starting lineup in the even there is a tie. Not sure if others use this, but I'd hate to lose because of that.

Hey Chris, downloaded your app. last week. Loaded all 12 of my MFL leagues no problem, and everything works great. Well worth the 3 bucks, thanks alot.

Chris Stewart said:
Chimp Magnet said:
Friggin' Google. :goodposting:Keep us posted. You've got at least $2.99 riding on it. ;)
I've gone ahead and disabled copy protection. See if you can find it now. I'll just deal with the backlash if/when that happens.
Found it! Now don't go spending all my $2.99 on candy and baseball cards.

I thought it was fairly standard. It is simply choosing 5 extra players in addition to the starting lineup in the even there is a tie. Not sure if others use this, but I'd hate to lose because of that.
I'm pretty sure that's not part of their import API for setting the lineup. I'll bubble it up and see if that's planned for the future.

Couple quick questions1. Can I buy it from Canada?2. Is there any way to use paypal?Thx
1. I'm not sure if Canada is one of the countries on the Google Checkout "approved" list. Does the app show up for you in the market by doing a search for "Fantasy Football"?2. Not currently, it's a serious issue with the Android Market for sure. Hopefully it gets upgraded very soon.

Q - is there a way to see live scoring for multiple mfl leagues all on one screen.

i.e. all of my matchups/leagues on one page similar to the way the mfl gameday app does on a pc.

It looks like I have to keep changing b/w leagues to see my scores.

Thx

In the market someone asked a Q, about Chris Stewart's version, asking if add/drops and trades would be added. In a FCFS waiver league, it'd bug me to not have add/drops ability yet it's right there in front of me.I agree that one looks like it's the best
It's funny you mention that, because I can't respond to those questions. :goodposting: I wish folks would email me (cstewart913@gmail.com) or Google provided some way in the Market for me to address them.Anyway...Those features are not yet available through the MFL API, so they cannot be available through a 3rd party app. The people at MFL are extremely receptive to API feature suggestions however, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if features like these become available in the future. In fact, I've directly talked to them about trade possibilities and because that's pretty straightforward, I have a feeling that will be made available before any of the others. Of course, it's entirely up to MFL but I can tell you they listen to their user base and your feedback is always helpful.
this post made me think maybe Mike Hall has something up his sleeve coming out. It would kinda make sense with these developers making money off his product that hey then enhanced for phone capability. I don't wanna go down that road in this discussion, I'm thankful the app is there. It just sorta seemed left out on purpose is all.

Nice to see a developer on here getting feedback directly from FBGers! Nice work Mr. Stewart!

Personally I'm an iPhone user, and have not purchased any MFL app for the lack of drop/add/trade f(x). That is a must for me. Live Scoring DETAILS is also a big plus, but could live w/out it for the short term while developers continue to work on it.

What I really appreciate from you Chris, is hearing exactly WHY none of the apps have what is an essential function of any FF league, the FA waivers! I can see it's difficult technically, and while I'm not going to be a customer of your app because I live on the other platform, no doubt the API limitations are the holdup across the board. So keep workin on them, and you developer guys will be rewarded!! Keep it up!

Yeah, I can imagine. I saw mine on Facebook, so it was a no brainer, and given the price point, worth it even if for only lineup submissions at this point.

I mean, I can always go to the full site on my phone, but thats only to pick guys up if need be (which is, admittedly, important).

What do you anticipate is the next feature to be added?
Right now, I'm working on minor fixes and tweaks that have come up since the surge in downloads. Past that, I have a few things I want to do but before the season starts, I'm planning to have:* Have the ability to view the roster for any team. Right now, the only way to see players is to set your own line up or to view active players on a match up. I want more there so you can view the full roster for a team.

* On the set line up screen, I want to show who the player is playing and perhaps a status if they have one (questionable, doubtful, out, etc).

So prior to the first Thursday night game, I'm planning to have those in and to have stabilized the app even more than it already is.
Downloaded the app last night. Really like it so far. The bolded above would be a great addition.

Users who are viewing this thread