What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL question (1 Viewer)

Bayhawks

Footballguy
One of my leagues is on MFL, and we do waiver wire transactions once/week.

Last week, because of byes/injuries, I desperately needed WRs, so my 1st WW move was to pick up Marvin Jones, with Beasley my 2nd choice.

The commissioner is 1 game back of me, and had the WW priority right before me. The commish grabbed Jones, leaving me with Beasley (who sucked, obviously).

I'm going to lose this week, and the commish is going to win, so now we will be tied for 1st in our division.

I thought it was odd that the commish grabed Jones, as he is stacked at WR, but weak at RB and QB. I looked back, and this is the 3rd time he's grabbed the WW guy I wanted, right before I was able to take him.

I'm probably being paranoid, but on MFL, is the commish able to see WW requests before they are processed? I'm wondering if he is seeing who I am putting in for and using that to block me.

If you go to reports > rules > league bylaws and look at the Abilities Setup, you can see.

It shoud say this.

Commissioner Lockout: Yes, the commissioner has given up his ability to view pending owner-initiated transactions.

It depends on whether he has the "commish lockout" feature turned on or off.

In the league I commish, I keep the commish lockout turned on at all times. This hides all trade offers and any waiver claims. If I need to turn off the commish lockout, I try to do it on Thursday mornings. Our waivers start at 8pm on Thurs and are processed the following Weds at 8pm. This way, there is no question.

Your commish should not be logging in as commish during the season unless absolutely necessary. Unless it's a contract/salary league. Even then MFL allows the commish to adjust salaries and contracts without turning off the Commish Lockout feature.

I'd approach it delicately though. Jones was a trendy pickup, so it isn't out of the question that it was coincidental, and not cheating in any way.

Can you see when he last logged in as Commissioner? And if it was during the week, simply ask him why he logged in as Commish. Was he doing site maintenance or something like that? I would try to phrase it in a way that isn't too accusational.

I'd approach it delicately though. Jones was a trendy pickup, so it isn't out of the question that it was coincidental, and not cheating in any way.

Can you see when he last logged in as Commissioner? And if it was during the week, simply ask him why he logged in as Commish. Was he doing site maintenance or something like that? I would try to phrase it in a way that isn't too accusational.
Jones was the best FA WR available, according to the 10 second tool under myFBG, so I'm not necessarily surprised that he was picked before me (I had last WW priority last week); I just thought it was suspicious that he was taken right before me by the guy who was right behind me in the standings, especially considering his WRs.

If I was in his shoes, & saw that the guy right ahead of me in the standing needed a WR for that week, I probably would have tried to take the best available WR, as well.

As for why he is logged in as commish, he has to approve all trades. Our weekly trade deadline is the same as our WW deadline, so he would have had to log in as commish to approve any trades (two did go down last week).

I'm assuming it was a coincidence. I was hoping the answer to my question would have been "no, he can't see WW requests;" that way I would have known it was just bad luck that.

Users who are viewing this thread