What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Only: Waiver Wire pickups (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
So who is the chump of the week in week 4? Last week it was Joshua Kelly, Craig Reynolds, and Tony Jones. The week before it was Noah Gray, Isiah Likely, and Kelley.

Dontayvion Wicks is showing something and so did Michael Wilson, but Wilson probably isn't on your WW in dynasty.

Last edited:
14 team 30 man rosters in mine.

The waiver wire effectively doesn't exist, but here are some of the top potential names we have available.

Justin Watson
Pharaoh Brown
Nick Bawden
Mike White
Josh Oliver

A guy that I loved coming out of college but was dealt a bad hand in the draft and is nicked, is Israel Abanikandi. However, he's rostered in all of my dynasty leagues. I still like him. So if you feel your team is crap this year and he's on the wire, you might as well put him at the end of your bench.

Isaiah Spiller is on a few waiver wires, but I'm not so sure he's worth rostering in dynasty. Hell, if he can't beat out the likes of Joshua Kelley, so he's probably not worth rostering any longer. I know I'm guilty of hanging on to him when I shouldn't. When Ekeler is gone, their starting RB probably isn't currently on the roster, unless Elijah Dotson shows something.

So who is the chump of the week in week 4? Last week it was Joshua Kelly, Craig Reynolds, and Tony Jones. The week before it was Noah Gray, Isiah Likely, and Kelley.

Dontayvion Wicks is showing something and so did Michael Wilson, but Wilson probably isn't on your WW in dynasty.
I looked at Wicks prior to Week 3 games but felt C Watson's return would make him non-relevant going further.

I did pick up of Sermon Ind RB and he was not a complete ZERO ... 5 carries for 17 yards 1 of 2 targets 4 yards in relief of Z Moss's 30 carries & 3 targets
Sermon offers little today but insurance for ZMoss, until JT returns.

NOS QB Carr injury puts J Winston back under center.
NOS WR M Thomas is getting lots of targets (26 in 3 weeks!!)

I looked at Wicks prior to Week 3 games but felt C Watson's return would make him non-relevant going further.

I did pick up of Sermon Ind RB and he was not a complete ZERO ... 5 carries for 17 yards 1 of 2 targets 4 yards in relief of Z Moss's 30 carries & 3 targets
Sermon offers little today but insurance for ZMoss, until JT returns.

NOS QB Carr injury puts J Winston back under center.
NOS WR M Thomas is getting lots of targets (26 in 3 weeks!!)
Sermon is still a sour taste because he has sucked so far in his career. Perhaps only a notch better than Isaiah Spiller.

If your team sucks and you know you're not going to be very good this year and you have room on your bench, it's probably time to speculate on guys like Aidan O'Connell and DTR if either is available on your waiver wire, especially in SuperFlex.

Is Jonny Smith reality or a mirage? I expect Atl will continue to go run first whenever possible and only pass when necessary so I’m leaning mirage but the targets have been there the past 2 weeks.

If your team sucks and you know you're not going to be very good this year and you have room on your bench, it's probably time to speculate on guys like Aidan O'Connell and DTR if either is available on your waiver wire, especially in SuperFlex.
For SF, add Tune (he has to get a chance late in the year), Jaren Hall (if Minnesota keeps fading), and Tyson Bagent just for fun. Of course, those are deeper SF leagues if you aren't competing or just have deeper benches.

I'm thinking of cutting Juwan Johnson and rolling with either Calvin Austin or Will Levis in a 12 team 22 roster league, but not sure if it's too early to give up on Juwan.

I'm thinking of cutting Juwan Johnson and rolling with either Calvin Austin or Will Levis in a 12 team 22 roster league, but not sure if it's too early to give up on Juwan.
I have the same problem. Short on WR thanks to injuries (Waddle,Watson) Williams suspension and Mingo and Tillman not getting targets yet.
Would leave me with Waller and Freiermuth at TE but Austin would be my WR 6 or 7 when I'm at full strength.

I have the same problem. Short on WR thanks to injuries (Waddle,Watson) Williams suspension and Mingo and Tillman not getting targets yet.
Would leave me with Waller and Freiermuth at TE but Austin would be my WR 6 or 7 when I'm at full strength.
Since you've got Waller and Freiermuth I'd probably make the move. I had high hopes for Johnson coming into the season, but he'll be 28 next year. Feel like this was his breakout year if he was gonna have one.

For my team I decided to blow the whole thing up and rebuild last year so I have, no joke, 7 of this year's rookie WRs. So, I don't really need Austin, but I do like what I see. I'm not high on Levis, but if the Titans keep losing you gotta think he gets a shot this year, and I've seen crazier things happen than the 33rd overall pick being good. Probably going Levis, and think I just talked myself into cutting Juwan.

Is Jonny Smith reality or a mirage? I expect Atl will continue to go run first whenever possible and only pass when necessary so I’m leaning mirage but the targets have been there the past 2 weeks.
One thing I noticed was the targets so I picked him up on that alone

Isaiah Spiller is on a few waiver wires, but I'm not so sure he's worth rostering in dynasty.

Yeah, Spiller is on the wire in my league but I can't justify pulling the trigger. Might do later in the season if I'm out of contention or have an injury open up roster space.

This week probably the best player picked up was Noah Fant, would have got him myself but I have too many bad TEs as it is already

Ty Chandler might be on a few dynasty waiver wires, but not many.
Why would you suggest picking up Chandler? I just dropped him in dynasty with the Akers signing, coupled with his lackluster snap share, and performance.

DTR I would guess is not available in many dynasty leagues due to his excellent preseason but if he is he is a no brainer pickup.

I like O’Connell a lot and this might be the last time he is available in a majority of leagues. He is on waivers in all of my dynasty leagues right now.

For SF, add Tune (he has to get a chance late in the year), Jaren Hall (if Minnesota keeps fading), and Tyson Bagent just for fun. Of course, those are deeper SF leagues if you aren't competing or just have deeper benches.
Of the 3 Bagent intrigues me the most - he put up pinball numbers in college and looked like he belonged in the preseason, exactly the type of qb from small school you gamble on.

Tune I see a lot of but I just don’t like him over other available options. Dobbs actually looks okay and Murray will be back.

Not sure if anyone else does IDP but here are a few standouts through the first few weeks that typically have low/no ownership:

Tuli Tuipulotu - SD - DB
Jordan Whitehead - NYJ - DB
Julian Blackmon - IND - DB
Amani Hooker - TEN - DB
Terrel Bernard - BUF - LB
Kyzir White - ARI - LB
Denico Autry - TEN - DL

A guy that I loved coming out of college but was dealt a bad hand in the draft and is nicked, is Israel Abanikandi. However, he's rostered in all of my dynasty leagues. I still like him. So if you feel your team is crap this year and he's on the wire, you might as well put him at the end of your bench.
I've got him stashed on my practice squad in a very deep IDP league. Cook is washed, Carter sucks and Hall isn't ready for a full workload (what even is a 'full workload' on that terrible offense?) so I expect Izzy to start getting some looks this season.

Users who are viewing this thread