What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Avenatti Thread (1 Viewer)

:crazy:

Banger associated Wohl with the case and called it a scam.  A few others backed him up.  I pointed out Wohl has nothing to do with what happened and linking them to discredit her was unfair.

Her complaint is credible and always has been.  It has nothing to do with this guy.  It was just bait Avenatti threw out for his supporters.
You aren’t being very truthful here as Henry has pointed out a few times.

:crazy:

Banger associated Wohl with the case and called it a scam.  A few others backed him up.  I pointed out Wohl has nothing to do with what happened and linking them to discredit her was unfair.

Her complaint is credible and always has been.  It has nothing to do with this guy.  It was just bait Avenatti threw out for his supporters.
Could you please list the Avenatti supporters here?

The Los Angeles D.A.’s office has declined to file felony charges against Michael Avenatti.

https://www.nola.com/national_politics/2018/11/felony_charges_against_stormy.html
I don’t think I understand the way charging works in L.A. I admit my confusion but is domestic battery/violence usually a felony? Apparently despite this the case has been referred to the City Attorney and he can still be charged with misdemeanors. The case is still under investigation.

I don’t think I understand the way charging works in L.A. I admit my confusion but is domestic battery/violence usually a felony? Apparently despite this the case has been referred to the City Attorney and he can still be charged with misdemeanors. The case is still under investigation.
It can be a felony or misdemeanor - like any battery charge.  

You punch a guy in the face and break his orbital bone - felony.  You grab his wrist and turn him around to give him a piece of your mind - misdemeanor. 

It can be a felony or misdemeanor - like any battery charge.  

You punch a guy in the face and break his orbital bone - felony.  You grab his wrist and turn him around to give him a piece of your mind - misdemeanor. 
Very early in my prosecutorial career, back when I was still doing misdemeanor D.V.'s I had a case which had been declined by the felony prosecutors.  The husband was a control freak.  He recorded the mileage on her car, tracked the minutes she was out of the house, checked her panties in the wash and her panty drawer for evidence of infidelity, pretty typical stuff actually.  If we had social media and cells he would have checked those things too. (Yes I started my career before such things were parts of our lives.)

One night he was convinced, yet again, that she had been unfaithful.  He threw her down, pulled off her pants to check her panties.  He did this violently enough to break a table he tossed her into leaving a nice bruise on her hip. He did this in front of their three year old daughter.  Mother and daughter fled to the master bedroom, locked the door and said they would call the police.  They in fact did.  On the recording you can hear him threatening to stomp on the daughter's pet turtle if they don't open the door.  He did.  The daughter was hysterical.,  Mom opened the door and he cold cocked mom with a piece of copper piping. (Who has copper pipe just laying around? - This guy, that's who.)  When the Police got there he was cutting off moms long, gorgeous red hair with an electric shears meant for trimming the dog.  He was shouting that now nobody would want the bald #####.  He had managed to dig the corner of the shears into her scalp  leaving a gash that had to be closed by 28 stiches.  The pipe had a bit of her hair and blood on it.

I never understood how the felony prosecutors could turn that down.  For me it was an exciting trial, rarely did I get matters of such moment and with such compelling evidence and exhibits.

At trial he took the stand. No matter the questions on direct or cross he simply stated that he loved his wife and no one could say otherwise.  I did persist on cross and did get him to threaten me, which is not a good look for a defendant trying to sell that he is calm and loving.  On closing argument I had a bit of fun with his statements.  I talked about husbands expressing love for their spouses and they things they typically do, like send flowers and cards and such.  I then said I had never heard of Hallmark stores or flower shops having plumbing supplies in stock as a way of expressing love.  Sure, Hallmark encouraged men to say it with flowers, but never with plumbing supplies.  He went to jail.

At any rate, a clear felony, a class 2 in my state, which was prosecuted as a misdemeanor.  It happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very early in my prosecutorial career, back when I was still doing misdemeanor D.V.'s I had a case declined by the felony prosecutors.  The husband was a control freak.  He recorded the mileage on her car, tracked the minutes she was out of the house, checked her panties in the wash and her panty drawer for evidence of infidelity, pretty typical stuff actually.  If we had social media and cells he would have checked those things too.

One night he was convinced, yet again, that she had been unfaithful.  He threw her down, pulled off her pants to check her panties.  He did this violently enough to break a table he tossed her into and left a nice bruise on her hip. He did this in front of their three year old daughter.  Mother and daughter fled to the master bedroom, locked the doo,r and said they would call the police.  They in fact did.  On the recording you can hear him threatening to stomp on the daughters pet turtle if they don't open the door.  He did.  The daughter was hysterical.,  Mom opened the door and he cold cocked mom with a piece of copper piping. (Who has copper pipe just laying around? - This guy, that's who.)  When the Police got there he was cutting off moms long, gorgeous red hair with an electric shears meantfor trimming the dog.  He was shouting now nobody would want the bald #####.  He had managed to dig the corner of the shears into her skull leaving a gash that had to be closed by 28 stiches.  The pipe had a bit of her hair and blood on it.

I never understood how the felony prosecutors could turn that down.  For me it was an exciting trial, rarely did I get matters of such moment and with such compelling evidence and exhibits.

At trial he took the stand. No matter the questions on direct or cross he simply stated that he loved his wife and no one could say otherwise.  I did persist on cross and did get him to threaten me, which is not good for a defendant trying to sell that he is calm and loving.  On close I had a bit of fun with his statements.  I talked about husbands expressing love for their spouses and they things they typically do, like send flowers and cards and such.  I then said I had never heard of Hallmark stores or flower shops having plumbing supplies in stock as a way of expressing love.  Sure, Hallmark encouraged men to say it with flowers, but never with plumbing supplies.  He went to jail.

At any rate, a clear felony, a class 2 in my state, which was prosecuted as a misdemeanor.  It happens.
I wonder, do they still have Hallmark stores?

I wonder, do they still have Hallmark stores?
I think they merged with Home Depot and keep the cards in the plumbing supplies aisle.  It did occur to me when relating the story that nobody now would remember that old Hallmark slogan, but at the time it was ubiquitous and so, impactful .  

I think they merged with Home Depot and keep the cards in the plumbing supplies aisle.  It did occur to me when relating the story that nobody now would remember that old Hallmark slogan, but at the time it was ubiquitous and so, impactful .  
Oh, I bet. 

Having grown up with an abusive stepfather, I’m familiar with most of what’s in that story - particularly the bit about felony prosecutors turning down the case. 

Oh, I bet. 

Having grown up with an abusive stepfather, I’m familiar with most of what’s in that story - particularly the bit about felony prosecutors turning down the case. 
Lots of reasons for turning down the case, most typically that the victim recants everything she said on the 911 call and when the cops arrived because she is emotionally and financially dependent, the emotional dependence due to years of abuse telling her she is worthless.  At some point they buy into that crap not realizing that there are guys who would cherish them rather than use them.

It would not surprise me to learn that Avenatti planted the seed with the charging D.A. that she is a gold digger, an actress, who if she testifies is doing so to forward her career and to make a killing in a civil suit, that she is making this up and is convincing because of her profession.  It would not surprise me to learn that she is waffling in her statements, fearful of the powerful man and his implied connections.  Me, if I were prosecuting the matter I would concentrate on him wanting her as a plaything, an object who frustrated him by having the temerity to have her own mind, by wanting to be treated with respect, rather than as his toy.  I would look for examples of him casting aside things and people who had outlived their usefulness to him. In all matters where a Defendant intimates that he is going to put the victim on trial I make sure to put the Defendant on trial.

Lots of reasons for turning down the case, most typically that the victim recants everything she said on the 911 call and when the cops arrived because she is emotionally and financially dependent, the emotional dependence due to years of abuse telling her she is worthless.  At some point they buy into that crap not realizing that their are guys who would cherish them rather than use them.

It would not surprise me to learn that Avenatti planted the seed that she is a gold digger, an actress, who if she testifies is doing so to forward her career and to make a killing in a civil suit.  That she is making this up and is convincing because of her profession.  It would not surprise me to learn that she is waffling in her statements, fearful of the powerful man and his implied connections.  Me, if I were prosecuting the matter I would concentrate on him wanting her as a plaything, and object who frustrated him by having the temerity to have her own mind, by wanting to be treated with respect, rather than as his toy.  I would look for examples of him casting aside things and people who had outlived their usefulness to him. In all matters where a Defendant intimates that he is going to put the victim on trial I make sure to put the Defendant on trial.
Definitely a lesson I learned in sex crime civil suits - if they want to go after the plaintiff, you just make sure to keep the entire case you’re building on the behavior of the defendant. At some point, if you don’t chase them, the defendant’s lawyers begin to realize they’ve taken a different path in the forest, and they’re all alone while you’re leading the jury all by yourself. 

Definitely a lesson I learned in sex crime civil suits - if they want to go after the plaintiff, you just make sure to keep the entire case you’re building on the behavior of the defendant. At some point, if you don’t chase them, the defendant’s lawyers begin to realize they’ve taken a different path in the forest, and they’re all alone while you’re leading the jury all by yourself. 
Always good to control the narrative rather than to get caught up in the narrative of the other side. 

Betsy Woodruff‏Verified account @woodruffbets

NEW: Stormy Daniels tells me Michael Avenatti sued Trump for defamation *against her wishes.* STORY:

link

Ruh roh.  

“Michael has not treated me with the respect and deference an attorney should show to a client. He has spoken on my behalf without my approval. He filed a defamation case against Donald Trump against my wishes. He repeatedly refused to tell me how my legal defense fund was being spent. Now he has launched a new crowdfunding campaign using my face and name without my permission and attributing words to me that I never wrote or said.”

ooof

“Michael has not treated me with the respect and deference an attorney should show to a client. He has spoken on my behalf without my approval. He filed a defamation case against Donald Trump against my wishes. He repeatedly refused to tell me how my legal defense fund was being spent. Now he has launched a new crowdfunding campaign using my face and name without my permission and attributing words to me that I never wrote or said.”

ooof
Who would have thought this guy is a complete sleaze bag.  😂

ooof
Sounds familiar, he always had certain Trumpian qualities - hitting back at Trump as Trump - which some people loved.

Betsy Woodruff‏Verified account @woodruffbets

NEW: Stormy Daniels tells me Michael Avenatti sued Trump for defamation *against her wishes.* STORY:

link

Ruh roh.  
As I have repeatedly said, Avenatti is the perfect opponent for Trump.  And no one else.  

Ideally, at some point in the future Trump is going down for the third time and Avenatti gets grabbed and brought under with him. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
While I’m not too keen on much about avennatti, I do have a hard time believing that he sued trump for defamation entirely against her wishes. I am assuming the allegations in the complaint had to be verified (although I could be wrong as this is outside my jurisdiction). 

Users who are viewing this thread