What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Clark-WR-GB (1 Viewer)

menobrown

Footballguy
Activated today off practice squad when Ty Montgomery put on IR.

Bob McGinn had the two following tweets:

Bob McGinn‏Verified account @BobMcGinn 6h6 hours ago

One day after CB Davon House compared #Marshall WR Michael Clark (6-5 1/2, 217, 4.53) to Mike Evans (6-4 1/2, 231, 4.52), #Packers promoted him from P-squad and put RB Montgomery on IR. Clark is the type of young, talented, raw prospect losing teams like to poach in December.

And

Bob McGinn‏Verified account @BobMcGinn 4h4 hours ago

Revealing that the #Packers promoted WR Michael Clark from P-squad when they already had six healthy WRs on their 53 and two other WRs on P-squad. Purdue rookie DeAngelo Yancey was their 5th-round pick and Max McCaffrey tore it up during training camp.

About that Davon House comp of him to Mike Evans, more here: https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/11/30/davon-house-packers-wr-michael-clark-has-same-talent-level-bucs-mike-evans/911299001/

He only played one year of college ball after transferring from St. Francis, where he played basketball, to Marshall. Had 37 catches, about 17 YPC and 5 TD's in his only season of college ball before turning pro against advice he was given. He went undrafted, but he has now earned a spot on the team  and as McGinn pointed out over a WR they did draft and one who did well for them in camp.

His college highlights are not much really, and the main positive is what you'd expect out of a tall guy, he for sure has good high point ball skills: Michael Clark college highlights

Don't remember him at all from pre-season to be honest but found a video of him on NFL.com catching a TD from Taysom Hill  and again like his college highlights he just simply used his height to jump over a guy.

6/6, 217, pro day 4.53 forty.

Not sure if there is anything to see here, but for the cost free I'd like to be in position to benefit if there is so I just picked him up all over the place.

Could be changes in GB at a few positions and WR is one. Everyone after Cobb is jag and I don’t see GB paying everyone but I do see them keeping Adams after that who knows. 

Good info here, GB sees something they like if they feel the need to protect him. 

He is not in MFL? Either that or he  listed as a FA 

eta- he is listed as a FA in MFL 

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that I don't know who he is, but since he's being picked up in my leagues I thought I would give him a try in a couple.

Disappointed Yancey wasn’t the pick. 
What's it tell you that Yancey wasn't the pick? They already have 6 WRs on the team. They don't need him on the team. Yet they chose to activate Clark over Yancey. Tells me somebody was sniffing around trying to sign Clark. Not Yancey. GB, and the other team or two or three, obviously like Clark more than Yancey. Sounds like GB would be fine if they lost Yancey but not Clark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just added him in my Dynasty league I have a deep bench so he’s worth a stash. I remember years ago before Antonio Brown and Jordy Nelson became the Antonio Brown and Jordy Nelson we know today. I grabbed them off FA and added them to my squad for nothing.

Thanks for the heads up like most people I’ve never heard of him.

Thanks again,

Tex

What's it tell you that Yancey wasn't the pick? They already have 6 WRs on the team. They don't need him on the team. Yet they chose to activate Clark over Yancey. Tells me somebody was sniffing around trying to sign Clark. Not Yancey. GB, and the other team or two or three, obviously like Clark more than Yancey. Sounds like GB would be fine if they lost Yancey but not Clark.
I could not help but wonder if the Packer front office got nervous after the puff piece article comping him to Evans came out and decided they might need to make a move to protect him.

Maybe Clark plays special teams and Yancey doesn’t?... I don’t know. Seems Clark has a decent enough profile. As far as Yancey, GB liked him enough to keep him on their PS over Dupri. I don’t know if it is indicative of their long term plans with him. Wish they would have just let Allison go but I don’t know what Allison’s contributions are to special teams and he seemed to be someone Rodgers liked despite inferior measurables.

I could not help but wonder if the Packer front office got nervous after the puff piece article comping him to Evans came out and decided they might need to make a move to protect him.
I thought that as well. Until then Clark was pretty much anonymous. It had to raise a few eye brows around the NFL

Just added him on my dyno after reading this. Missed the playoffs this year, so never too early to start snatching up young potential.

I was kind of excited seeing him get a shot this past week and  trying to picture him with no Jordy and Rodgers throwing to him and he still has a lot of appeal to me. One of the players I'm most interested in seeing week 17.

Now he did look one of two things to me if not both, raw and/or horrendous hand/eye coordination. I would hope just raw because that is expected and the other is something you got or you don't. I think he might need to get his vision checked, I recall two plays where he seemed to literally put his hands in the wrong place to catch the ball.

This was reported in some other threads but I missed it:

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/07/michael-clark-doesnt-report-decides-to-retire/

MICHAEL CLARK DOESN’T REPORT, DECIDES TO RETIRE

You might say that former basketball player Michael Clark was a long shot to make the Green Bay Packers’ roster. He apparently thought so too.

Clark failed to report to training camp and instead has decided to retire.

Clark started the 2017 season on the Packers’ practice squad. However, he was brought up for the team’s final two games, catching four passes for 41 yards.

While that’s not anything amazing, the Packers chose to elevate Clark over 2017 fifth-round pick DeAngelo Yancey, who has presumably played football most of his life. Clark also had one more reception than Trevor Davis, who spent the entire 2017 season on the active roster.

So a guy who played just one season of college football and went undrafted outperformed two draft picks.

Although raw, Clark offered an intriguing combination of size (6-6) and athleticism. However, it seems the Packers weren’t interested in exploring his potential any further.

Users who are viewing this thread