What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Turner? (1 Viewer)

Helmet Head

Footballguy
What do you think of Michael Turner and what he will do the remaining part of the season?

Is this the time to try and get him?

Thanks,

HH

I think the "time to get him" was before he put up great numbers en route to RB8 right now.

But yeah, he has value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think NOW is the time to get him. Let him get his 50 yard performance VS his tough matcup @ Philly this weekend then go after him after that.

He's RB7 in my league and only SJax is above him that has already had his bye. So saying he's only RB7/8 is misleading. Let's re-evaluate his rank after week 10. Either way he's not bad for a 3rd/4th round pick wouldn't you say?

You need to be aware of his playoff schedule though. He's got NO in week 14 but then gets rewarded with TB in week 15 and MIN in week 16. The TB game is in ATL though. If you play week 17 he gets a juicy matchup at home vs STL.

Looking at the schedule he should post solid stats in week 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I have a strong RB core I have packaged Turner, Tony Gonzalez and Driver and offered them for Fitzgerald, Fasano and Fred Taylor. He is thinking it over right now. So to answer your question yes he has a bunch of value.

i traded lt for turner and philip rivers last week. i will be starting turner when he is at home on in a dome on the road, otherwise its westy and cjohnson in the lineup.

Because I have a strong RB core I have packaged Turner, Tony Gonzalez and Driver and offered them for Fitzgerald, Fasano and Fred Taylor. He is thinking it over right now. So to answer your question yes he has a bunch of value.
I'd make that trade with you without hesitation.

I'd make that trade with you without hesitation.
My reasoning is that I have Barber, CJ and Ronnie Brown as well as Rhodes in addition to Turner for a start 3 RB league. My receivers are Plax, Wayne, Driver, Reggie Brown and Walters. With the RB's I have I am sure that I would make the wrong decesion each week as to who to start. WR get 1 point per reception. I calculated that I would lose the points that Gonzo gets me, or about 10 per week, and then pick up the difference of what Driver etc get me against what Fitz will get me. I feel I have an upside of gaining 10-15 points per week. I think the trade is benefecial for both parties.

He's on the waiver wire in my league.

I'm leaning Patrick Cobbs with my first claim. If he's still there I might just take the gamble.

He's on the waiver wire in my league.I'm leaning Patrick Cobbs with my first claim. If he's still there I might just take the gamble.
HAHAHAH MICHAEL TURNER A FA? WAY TO PLAY WITH GUPPIES MAN, CMON, I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, CAN I JOIN YOUR LEAGUE?

He's on the waiver wire in my league.I'm leaning Patrick Cobbs with my first claim. If he's still there I might just take the gamble.
HAHAHAH MICHAEL TURNER A FA? WAY TO PLAY WITH GUPPIES MAN, CMON, I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, CAN I JOIN YOUR LEAGUE?
Cobbs has outscored Turner by 31 points in my league over the last two weeks. I'm thinking of moving Gore for him. :whoosh:

Users who are viewing this thread