What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Turner (1 Viewer)

Quizz wont be the bell cow there, they draft someone or pick up someone in FA to RBBC with Quizz.Turner? maybe he woulc come back at a reduced rate, the market for him should be cold.

Here are teams that should be considering upgrading their RBs this offseason:Falcons (I doubt they would bring him back at a reduced rate)Jets (I think they don't have the cap room)Bengals (not sure what BJGE's contract is like)Steelers (I think they also have cap room issues--can't remember though)Titans (Ringer is out in TEN)Packers (GB doesn't normally go after FAs so the contract would need to be cheap)Anyone else? Maybe the Colts? Cards?

Here are teams that should be considering upgrading their RBs this offseason:Falcons (I doubt they would bring him back at a reduced rate)Jets (I think they don't have the cap room)Bengals (not sure what BJGE's contract is like)Steelers (I think they also have cap room issues--can't remember though)Titans (Ringer is out in TEN)Packers (GB doesn't normally go after FAs so the contract would need to be cheap)Anyone else? Maybe the Colts? Cards?
The Lions are going to acquire a COP 3rd down compliment back for Leshoure a Reggie bush/gio bernard type, someone to take Jahvid Bests role

His speed and power are waning and he's not valuable in the passing game. I'd be pretty mad if my team signed him. For NFL purposes, I would much rather use that roster spot for a young player.There could be fantasy value, of course. Turner may be waiting quite awhile for a contract though.

I think he would do well as a complement to MJD...Turner does not need to be fast or catch the ball in that scenario...he just needs to run for 3 yards and a cloud of dust in times they need tough yards.

+/- 300 carries in the ATL backfield last season, Rodgers got about 95.
340 carries in the Eagles backfield in 2003, Westbrook got 117.
The point is valid, but IMO, Rodgers in '12 didn't look like Westbrook did in '03.
IMO Qizz lost them the game in the playoffs after Turner was out. He got loose in college but he doesn't have NFL talent. I'm watching who the main carry back will be next year for ATL closely. Same with the TE, actually have Chase Coffman in some deep leagues as a lotto ticket.

Last years super Bowl, was hanging out at the JW Marriott where anyone NFL was staying.Was BSing with one of Atlanta's O Lineman, and I asked him if Rodgers could be a bell cow, and he flat out said no way.....FWIW.I asked if he was talented to carve out a larger niche, and the guy said no....he's COP guy, nothing more.....

He had a great five year run in ATL. Three 1300+ yard rushing seasons in five years (including one 1700 yard season!) and double digit TD's every year. He'll be missed. Sadly, though, I think his value moving forward will be limited. His YPC dropped below 4.0 (3.6) for the first time in his career and hes not nearly as productive in short yardage as one would think based on his size/pedigree.Best of luck Burner. :thumbup:

He got loose in college but he doesn't have NFL talent. I'm watching who the main carry back will be next year for ATL closely.
:goodposting: I can't believe anyone that's watched Rodgers since he's entered the league could really believe he can be a 1st/2nd down back.Turner is STILL the best runner in the backfield. And he unquestionably does need replaced, but in no way, shape or form will it ever ever ever ever ever be by Jazquizz Rodgers. Their aren't too many RB's see playing time right now in the NFL that are worse at running the football than Rodgers. The guy has zero vision at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he were closing his eyes while trying to run in trash between the tackles.If you can throw him in space, he can pack a punch with a full head of steam. Might break an ankle or not, but he's not running away from anyone.

I don't think a team that is making a Super Bowl run will put the RB duties in the hands of a rookie. It will either be keep Turner, utilize Quizz as the RB1, they will bring in another veteran.

The point is valid, but IMO, Rodgers in '12 didn't look like Westbrook did in '03.
IMO Qizz lost them the game in the playoffs after Turner was out. He got loose in college but he doesn't have NFL talent. I'm watching who the main carry back will be next year for ATL closely. Same with the TE, actually have Chase Coffman in some deep leagues as a lotto ticket.
Hold up...Ryan fumbles a snap in FG range and then can't score at the 2 minute warning with 2nd a 9 at the SF 15 and it's Quizz's fault?

Hold up...Ryan fumbles a snap in FG range and then can't score at the 2 minute warning with 2nd a 9 at the SF 15 and it's Quizz's fault?
You can blame it on a few thing but the game changed when Turner went out. Rodgers was a waste of touches as usual.

'Wildcat said:
I don't think a team that is making a Super Bowl run will put the RB duties in the hands of a rookie. It will either be keep Turner, utilize Quizz as the RB1, they will bring in another veteran.
Wasn't Jamal Lewis a rookie when Baltimore won the SB?

'Wildcat said:
Wasn't Jamal Lewis a rookie when Baltimore won the SB?
The Ravens had a dominant defense and not many holes except RB (or so they thought). The Falcons will absolutely bring in a back but they have more important needs (DL, LB, OL) than to draft Lacy (who is not in Lewis' league) in the 1st. I think they draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th, maybe Montee Ball if he slips to the 3rd or Christine Michael/Le'Veon Bell in the 4th.

Not a chance Atlanta keeps him around at some $6+ mil/year. I see a cut/re-sign at a very reduced rate. He knows he has maybe 1-2 more years and that's likely all teams would give him, so why not stick with a team you've been with for several years and not have to start over?If Atlanta chooses not to re-sign him, I definitely see them drafting one of the top RBs with their 1st or 2nd round pick. The FA are kinda... meh.If Turner doesn't stay in Atlanta, I definitely don't see him going to Detroit. The Lions already have the power back in LeShoure. They want a speedy guy to compliment Mikel. Despite what others think, I think Reggie Bush would be a nice fit, but unless he's willing to accept maybe $3 mil/year, I don't see why they dump more into that position while they have many other needs. I could see them either sticking with Joique Bell, who actually looked pretty decent in the role, or maybe drafting someone.There might be a few teams willing to use Turner, but his days as the #1 are pretty much over. At best he'd get a 50-50 split methinks.

Falcons released RB Michael Turner.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 1 - 9:04 AM
Saw that as well, Falcons still need a guy like Turner.I believe it was a money issue, Turner still has life, but not for the price he was making.C. Ivory to Atlanta build up in my head begins. lol

Falcons released RB Michael Turner.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 1 - 9:04 AM
Saw that as well, Falcons still need a guy like Turner.I believe it was a money issue, Turner still has life, but not for the price he was making.

C. Ivory to Atlanta build up in my head begins. lol
I think he's easily replaceable at this stage of his career - unless you're just literally saying they need a guy like Turner and not that they need Turner.

If Ronnie Brown got a job last year, Turner is going to get some phone calls. Reserve him for goalline work, and he'll be able to help. He might go after the SJax/ShGreene types, and maybe after the draft, but he'll end up on a roster by summer.

I don't know the numbers of what Turner was due to make, but wouldn't S Jax be an upgrade for Atlanta, and at likely lower money? A win/win for them?

If Ronnie Brown got a job last year, Turner is going to get some phone calls.

Reserve him for goalline work, and he'll be able to help. He might go after the SJax/ShGreene types, and maybe after the draft, but he'll end up on a roster by summer.
I guess...but my observations on the few games I saw Turner was that he has even less left in the tank than Brown did last year. Age seems to have caught up with him IMO. Yeah, he will probably latch on to some team, but I really don't see a whole lot of value there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ronnie Brown got a job last year, Turner is going to get some phone calls. Reserve him for goalline work, and he'll be able to help. He might go after the SJax/ShGreene types, and maybe after the draft, but he'll end up on a roster by summer.
Turner wasn't even converting short yardage stuff last year, whether it be 3rd down, 4th down, or goal line situations. Towards the end of the year, they were just passing instead, because they had absolutely no faith in him. He doesn't move the pile anymore.

Saw that as well, Falcons still need a guy like Turner.I believe it was a money issue, Turner still has life, but not for the price he was making.

Not sure how much life is left in those legs. He looked like he was running in slow motion last year.

Not sure how much life is left in those legs. He looked like he was running in slow motion last year.
Agree 100% with JohnnyU, he's a short yardage only RB at this point. Ivory would be a great sign w/ ATL.

'Tackling Dummies said:
'JohnnyU said:
'Phenix said:
'doubletrouble said:

Agree 100% with JohnnyU, he's a short yardage only RB at this point. Ivory would be a great sign w/ ATL.
Ivory's a restricted FA. I don't see anyway that New Orleans is going to let him sign with Atlanta, unless they make an outrageous offer and with a pretyy deep class of FA RBs that will be available I don't see that happening.

Ivory's a restricted FA. I don't see anyway that New Orleans is going to let him sign with Atlanta, unless they make an outrageous offer and with a pretyy deep class of FA RBs that will be available I don't see that happening.
Isn't New Orleans pretty tight against the cap already? Atlanta signing Ivory to contract could potentially make him New Orleans most expensive RB.I think it'd be great for ATL to sign Ivory to a deal :)

Isn't New Orleans pretty tight against the cap already? Atlanta signing Ivory to contract could potentially make him New Orleans most expensive RB.I think it'd be great for ATL to sign Ivory to a deal :)
I expect the Saints to give Ivory a 2nd round tender and cut Pierre Thomas.

Really Pierre seems more well rounded for their Offense to me.

I agree but they also need to figure out what they are going to do long-term since Pierre is 29 this year. It seems like Sproles, Ivory and Ingram should be enough for them.

'cstu said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'cstu said:
'NickDblU said:
I agree but they also need to figure out what they are going to do long-term since Pierre is 29 this year. It seems like Sproles, Ivory and Ingram should be enough for them.
As someone who doesn't miss a Saints game, I'll take Pierre.

Users who are viewing this thread