What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Anderson Draft Tracking Thread (1 Viewer)

Mungo Burrows

Footballguy
I know, like we need another Mike Anderson thread... Just hear me out.

It seems the perception of Mike Anderson is finally changing, particularly after this weekend. It is likely to make most ADP information worthless, even if it's only a week or two old. I thought we could use the collective knowledge and experiences of these boards to help out anyone with drafts still to come with this rapidly changing situation.

When is he really getting drafted now?

Please post the following information regarding the drafting of Anderson so we can keep up to date on when he is being drafted now.

Date of Draft:

Number of teams:

Round.Pick selected:

# at RB (e.g., RB25):

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc):

When was Tater Bell taken?

Other comments to add:

I think the most useful information is for those who drafted after this past Saturday's game, but some over the weekend or the end of last week could be useful as well. Just remember to include the date.

Date of Draft: Fri 8/26

Number of teams:14

Round.Pick selected:auction format

# at RB (e.g., RB25):$4, probably mid-30s RB off the board

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc):mix

When was Tater Bell taken?early, $3 final bid

Other comments to add: I was surprised that Bell was so cheap

Date of Draft: 28 August

Number of teams: 10

Round.Pick selected: 8.1

# at RB (e.g., RB25): I'll have to go back and check

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mix but several sharks.

When was Tater Bell taken? Tater was taken in the 4th round

Other comments to add: I asked after the draft and a few people didn't realize he was named starter over bell and didn't catch his stats from Saturday night.

I was happy he fell that far to me. If he keeps the starting job, it will be a steal for me. But I'm not counting on him as he is my RB4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Date of Draft: 8/28

Number of teams: 13

Round.Pick selected: 7

# at RB (e.g., RB25): not sure, but if I got him in the 7th, at least 20 RB's went before him

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): about 9 sharks, 1 guppy, 3 who have passable fantasy acumen)

When was Tater Bell taken? 4th

Other comments to add: It was common knowledge that Anderson was 'the man' in Denver, so I thought I had no shot to get him. Lo and behold, look who was waiting for me in the 7th. I chose him and no less than 6 people cursed me. The Bell pick came from a guy who lives in London, so I'm not sure if he heard the news yet about the Denver RB situation.

Date of Draft: 8/28Number of teams: 16Round.Pick selected: 3.14# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB22I was drafting out of the 14 spot. Took him as my RB#3 behind Tiki and S. Jackson.Bell went 1 round later at pick 4.13 as the 26th RB off the board

Date of Draft: 8/28Number of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 7.05# at RB (e.g., RB25):Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): mix group-mostly sharks.When was Tater Bell taken? 3.05Other comments to add: I decided to stay away because I had the Holmes-LJ handcuff to deal with already. The guy that took Bell/Anderson is one of the sharks in this league. He still feels Bell will become the starter.

Number of teams: 12

Round.Pick selected: 3.10

# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB 20

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Sharks, though some are bigger than others.

When was Tater Bell taken? 6.12

Other comments to add: Well, it was quite obvious that everyone saw the Saturday night game as I've seen Bell go in the 2nd (2.02 in a Thursday draft that I got MA in the 14th) previously, only to fall to the end of the 6th here. LJ went 6.09 to the guy drafting right before the Priest owner... positive proof that if you want to handcuff Priest/LJ, you'd better do it in the 5th.

Date of Draft: ongoing

Round.Pick selected: 5.11 (but there were also 20 keepers, most of whom would have been drafted before Anderson)

# at RB (e.g., RB25): 31st (25th drafted + 6 keepers)

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc):sharks

When was Tater Bell taken? 3.05 (23rd RB, including keepers)

Other comments to add: This is a PPR league where you can start either 3 RB/3 WR or 2 RB/4 WR, so RBs are a little less valuable.

EDITED because I forgot about the keepers.

I got Anderson in the 16th round of a 10 team league.....the draft was before his recent big performance.Question for those who saw the game...Anderson had what a 90+ yard touchdown...did he look fast? I was very suprised to hear of such a long run from MA.

I got Anderson in the 16th round of a 10 team league.....the draft was before his recent big performance.

Question for those who saw the game...Anderson had what a 90+ yard touchdown...did he look fast? I was very suprised to hear of such a long run from MA.
He looked faster than anyone expected. He had three Indy defenders within 5 yards of him while he was still on Denver's side of the 50, and it looked like they would catch him, but he put it into another gear and stayed ahead of them the whole way. He didn't blow them away but he was fast enough.

Date of Draft: 08/27Number of teams: 14 Round.Pick selected: 08.05# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB32Optional information:Rough characterization of your league: mostly sharksWhen was Tater Bell taken 05.10, RB22 - same ownerOther comments to add: I got ganked. I was set to take Anderson with 08.06 - other owner conned me into naming my pick after swearing he was taking a WR. ####er.

Date of Draft: 08/27Number of teams: 12 Round.Pick selected: 07.09 (ish) # at RB (e.g., RB25): RB30-35 (ish)I thought at the time I might have taken him a little early but I wasn't crazy about the other RB's left compared to him the first few weeks. Now it looks pretty good.

Date of Draft: 08/28Number of teams: 12 Round.Pick selected: 4.02 # at RB (e.g., RB25): RB 24 - one pick before Fred Taylor.A mostly shark draft.

Last night, Blogger news draft so I would consider most sharks.

18 team league, start 1/1/1/1/1/1 with two flex (RB,WR, or TE), 1 ppr

I picked from the 16 hole.

Took Mike Anderson at 3.16

Bell went three picks later

our draft is next week (9/6). it's a 12-team, 2 player keeper and i'm positive MA will go in the first round (equivalent of a 3rd rounder) after his last performance. i've heard league-mates say "how can you pass up the #1 RB for denver?!"

Date of Draft: 8/28Number of teams: 8Round.Pick selected: 8.03 (6.03, but 2 keeper league, pick pick 59)# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB24Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc):Just short of sharks, with 1 guppie (he's learnin')When was Tater Bell taken?Held over as rookie (free) keeper.Other comments to add:Don't think he would have dropped lower, and was surprised someone didn't beat me to the punch (big mistake by these guys, imo). Made up my mind that was the slot I'd take him in, and no sooner. Lucky as there was mad RB action up front, then litterally NO RB's taken for the 14 picks before I took MA at 6.03.

Number of teams: 12 three man keeper

Round.Pick selected: 8.07

# at RB (e.g., RB25): mid 20s i believe

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): half sharks, half somewhere between shark and gups (very unpredictable)

When was Tater Bell taken? 4.04

Other comments to add:

Date of Draft: 8-28-05Number of teams: 12League Type: Keeper with two kept players per teamRound.Pick selected: 3.12 (or 1st round of keeper draft) # at RB (e.g., RB25): 26thI had Bell as my 2nd keeper (Priest is my 1st), but wasn't going to draft MA that high considering I was already going to burn a high pick to handcuff Priest to LJ. The owner who took him had seen his performance in the last preseason game and decided to pull the trigger once his starting job was secure.I got LJ at 4.4. According to another owner, he would not have lasted to my next pick (5.9).

Date of Draft: 08/26/05Number of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 8th# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB22Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mainly sharks with a gup or two.When was Tater Bell taken? 6th - RB16Other comments to add: Huge arguement ensued after my Mike Anderson pick about grabbing backups early. I argued the fact he is goign to start and the guy who drafted Tatum took MY backup! So at 830, the draft is over and Mike anderson already had 100+ rushing yards and 1 TD. Funny how a 1 carry 3 yard performacne can shut people up.Wether or not Anderson STAYS as the starter I do not know... but it was nice to tell the loud mouth to shut up... you know NOTHING.

Denver homer 10 team league. We had the game on TV while we were drafting. Anderson went at 72 overall and Bell went 73 to me. I am at work right now so I can't check what #RB they were. The League is a mix of sharks and ameutures.

Date of Draft: Ongoing

Round.Pick selected: 5.03

# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB23

Optional information:

Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mix

When was Tater Bell taken? Not taken yet

Other comments to add: 2QB league, and through 50 picks, 13 QBs have been taken. I took Anderson at 5.03 as my first RB, over Chris Brown, Fred Taylor, JJ Arrington and K.Barlow.

12 team redraftSatellite league at xperts ($200 league with WCOFF rules - the winner gets a free entry to WCOFF next year)Drafted August 28Mike Anderson - 4.02Tatum Bell - 7.05

Date of Draft: Sun 8/28Number of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 2.11 :eek: # at RB (e.g., RB25): RB19Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mixed, but mostly sharksWhen was Tater Bell taken? 4.6Other comments to add: Way earlier than I ever expected. And the guy who took him typically drafts a very solid team. Obviously a lot of people saw the game and are high on the Denver RBs once again.

Date of Draft: 28 Aug 2005Number of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 5.4# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB 22Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mix (5 guys use Footballguys and DD.When was Tater Bell taken? 8.4. RB 34 Other comments to add:

Just for a nice compariuson, here was the info from our 8/16 draft:

I know, like we need another Mike Anderson thread... Just hear me out.

Please post the following information regarding the drafting of Anderson so we can keep up to date on when he is being drafted now.

Date of Draft: 8/16

Number of teams: 10

Round.Pick selected: 13.09 by me

# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB41

Optional information: 1 keeper per team

When was Tater Bell taken?3.08

Other comments to add:

Just completed a UFFP draft tonight.Date of Draft: 29 Aug 2005Number of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 4.4# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB 21Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Should be mostly SharksWhen was Tater Bell taken? 6.4. RB 31Other comments to add: This might have been a little early for him but I don't think we have a clear ADP for him yet, so I don't have a good idea on when he's usually going. Besides, most of the drafts I've been in so far haven't really followed any logical ADP. So if you want somebody, you better just pull the trigger. Going with Moss in the first round compromised my RB depth. But since this league is a start 1RB, 3WR with a flex RB/WR, I felt I could draft Moss in the first, RB in the second....and I thought I could grab Anderson/Bell with my 4th/6th rounds picks and was able to do it. I felt he/them provided the most upside of any RB by a large margin. It hurt my overall draft at RB because I had use 2 mid picks to secure them and don't really have a strong RB3...but the Denver RB situation tends to really produce...and if it holds true this year, I have a great flex RB to plug in. Bye weeks are another issue. :ph34r:

I got him last night with pick 9.9 :eek: . 10 team redraft, ESPN rules. Some sharks, some guppies. I would characterize the draft as tough in the first 2 to 3 rounds, and softer in the mid-rounds. Bell was taken in round 5 or 6 from my hazy recollection by a not-as-informed owner.

Date of Draft: Sun 8/28Number of teams:10Round.Pick selected:redraft 08.01# at RB (e.g., RB25): 27th RB takenOptional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc):80/20 shark dominantWhen was Tater Bell taken?04.02Other comments to add: NoneHe was taken 12.03 the week before in my other draft, 12 team redraft.

Date of Draft: 08/23/05Number of teams: 10 redraftRound.Pick selected: 7.09# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB33Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): All sharksWhen was Tatum Bell taken? 5.09 RB23comments: At the time of the pick, Anderson had not completely exploded yet. Had the draft been a few days later, I am certain that he would have gone several picks earlier.

Date of Draft: 8/31

Round.Pick selected: 4.11 (by me)

# at RB (e.g., RB25): RB23

Optional information:

When was Tater Bell taken?4.09

Other comments to add:
I really needed another RB and I was afraid he was going to go at 4.12/5.01. I remembered a quote from the board -- if you want him, take him and don't worry about whether or not you could have gotten him later.Joel

2.26 in a 13 team, total points league (draft done on 8-28)RB dominated league scoring wise, he was the 19th RB chosen. The owner had selected S. Alexander at 1.1. Leauge is competitve, good owners in general. I thought he went a little earlyI got him at 8.6 in an ESPN instadraft on 8-16-05.

Date of Draft: 8/31Number of teams: 14Round.Pick selected: 4.05 (by me) :thumbup: # at RB (e.g., RB25): RB26 :thumbup: Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mostly SharksWhen was Tater Bell taken? 6.04

Date of Draft: Started 8/22, MA picked on 8/31 - email draftNumber of teams: 10Round.Pick selected: 6.05 (me)# at RB (e.g., RB25): 27Optional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mix, more gups than sharksWhen was Tater Bell taken? Not yetOther comments to add: It's kind of an odd start 2 QBs league, which partially explains why he dropped so low. It's got an unique scoring system that I personally like a lot, but it tends to make your starting QBs almost as valuable your starting RBs. Starting 2 also means there are tons of QBs taken in the early rounds so you can get at least 3 starters. Also, we have 1 Keeper allowed, and those 7 or 8 kept RBs are included in the number of RBs before MA listed above.

We drafted August 27 (Right before his 94 yard touchdown run).16 team league with three keepers, so first player drafted is actually No 49.Tatum Bell was kept, and I ended up with mike at 2.5 (69th player taken). Fred Taylor, Mwelde Moore, Travis Henry, and all of the rookie running backs were taken before Mike.Mildly interested that the Bell owner had 3 picks before 2.5 and declined to take him.As I said, he snapped off his 94 yard run about a half hour after we completed the first half of the draft. If the draft had been held the next day, I have no doubt that he would have been the first non-rookie taken.

I think we need to face facts. Mike Anderson is a legit 4th round pick. If you wait past there, you're letting someone else benefit. His potential is even higher than that. I took him today at 4.07 in a 10-team redraft. FBG now project him higher than that. Bring on the season!... :boxing: (translation: I just got a 3nd round pick at the end of the fourth round). :yes:

Date of Draft: Started 8/22, MA picked on 9/1 - live local draftNumber of teams: 12Round.Pick selected: 5.04 (me)# at RB (e.g., RB25): Mid 20s RBOptional information:Rough characterization of your league (Sharks, Gups, mix, etc): Mix, more gups than sharks, but several FF veteransWhen was Tater Bell taken? 4.7Other comments to add: I got Priest at 1.04 because the 3rd pick didn't want to mess with the LJ situation. I targeted LJ at 4.09, a round earlier than I had previously planned. LJ went 3 picks before mine, so I grabbed Witten (1.5 PPR for TE) and then a 5.04 took Anderson as my FLEX/RB3 behind Priest and Westbrook in a PPR league.The LJ thing backfired, but if MA puts up the points as the RB1 in Denver, it will ease the pain of missing out on LJ if Priest is not producing because of RBBC or injury.B. Nugget

Drafted last night 9/1I took M. Anderson at 3.07 in a 12 team redraft. Silly guppy took Tater Bell at 4.04.Mostly sharks there, but 2 fish.BTW, my first 3 were:Deuce 1.07B. Westbrook 2.06M. Anderson 3.07Start 1/1/1/1/1/1/2 Flex WR,RB, TEI think I did otay?!

Drafted 9/1 and took him at 4.3 in a 10 team league. The league is mostly mixed with sharks and guppies. I'd have taken him at 3.8 but the two teams behind me already had 2 RBs and Anderson and L. Jordan were still left so I'd have been happy with either. T. Bell went at 6.7 I believe. I'd guess that Anderson was about the 20th RB taken or so. I have him ranked MUCH higher, but waited because I felt he'd likely still be there by at least my 3rd pick. This enabled me to draft Moss and McAllister with my 1st two picks. Good luck! Pnishthm :football:

Exploring various draft scenarios from the #1 pick slot. Most likely at picks 2.12 & 3.01, I'll have a shot at the last of the top 19 RBs as well as 1 of the Top 5 WRs.The scenario I'm exploring is if there's a run on RBs in the first 23 picks, and all 19 are gone, do I take Mike Anderson and 1 of the Top 5 WRs? Or double up on the top tier WRs?This is not a question about drafting strategy regarding 2 RBs vs. 2 WRs. It's a question about whether I should take MA at 3.01 even though it's earlier than he likely should go from an ADP perspective.The flip side is that he won't be there when I pick again at 4.12.But, Mike Anderson, on my list, is #20. I think he should go no later than the late 3rd round. So is taking him at 3.01 that big of a reach?

Users who are viewing this thread