What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Mayock's 2014 Draft (1 Viewer)

Saint

Footballguy
Didn't see a topic so I started it. Here's where we are at so far:

1. HOU - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
  2. STL - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. JAX - Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo
  4. CLE - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  5. OAK - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  6. ATL - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
  7. TB - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  8. MIN - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  9. BUF - Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
  10. DET - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
  11. TEN - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  12. NYG - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
  13. STL - Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
  14. CHI - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. PIT - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
  16. DAL - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  17. BAL - C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
  18. NYJ - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
  19. MIA - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
  20. ARI - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  21. GB - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
  22. PHI - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
  23. KC - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
  24. CIN - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  25. SD - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
  26. CLE - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  27. NO - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
  28. OAK (Traded from CAR) - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
  29. NE - Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
  30. SF - Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
  31. DEN - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
  32. SEA - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
Discuss....

Last edited by a moderator:
Criticism -- Mayock is copping out doing a mock this late that shows every team drafting in their current spot. To me it pretty much renders the whole thing lazy and meaningless. My guess is no more than 4 of the top 8 spots will be drafted by teams currently holding those spots, and that changes the draft completely.

Some seriously weird picks

But Mayock actually convinced me Manziel goes to Dallas. For real.
I agree here also, weird picks.

Manziel will go to a team that plans to use him relatively soon, and that's definitely not Dallas given Romo's cap ramifications.

Very disappointing mock in many respects, coming from a guy who ought to know better.

IMO, things that make sense:

• Ebron to the NYG
  • No QBs in the first 10 picks... I'm a believer
Things that don't make sense:

• Manziel to Dallas... I can't see it...
  • Barr, Donald, Clinton-Dix sliding

Criticism -- Mayock is copping out doing a mock this late that shows every team drafting in their current spot. To me it pretty much renders the whole thing lazy and meaningless. My guess is no more than 4 of the top 8 spots will be drafted by teams currently holding those spots, and that changes the draft completely.
I'm the opposite, I think mocks that DO include trades, at any point in the process, are dumb because the odds of that trade or trades happening as projected are slim, rendering the entire mock even more pointless. I'd rather just see a straight up mock because it's at least realistic that you could predict such a thing correctly. Throw trades into the mix and you are just making stuff up for clicks, nobody knows what trades will happen.

But I see your point of view as well since we DO know that there will be numerous trades.

I did expect more. A lot more.

Thought he wasnt going to include trades... But he did. Only one. At the ### end of the draft. Weak.

• Ebron to the NYG

I've read lots of stuff about NYG not liking Ebron's personality. They don't want another Shockey.

<p>

• Ebron to the NYG

I'd rather the Giants take Donald than Ebron.IMO, Donald is the ideal pick for the Giants aassuming someone really unexpected doesn't fall to them.

I'm the opposite, I think mocks that DO include trades, at any point in the process, are dumb because the odds of that trade or trades happening as projected are slim, rendering the entire mock even more pointless. I'd rather just see a straight up mock because it's at least realistic that you could predict such a thing correctly. Throw trades into the mix and you are just making stuff up for clicks, nobody knows what trades will happen.

But I see your point of view as well since we DO know that there will be numerous trades.
I can see your point too I guess, but more if it were being done earlier in the process or by someone purportedly less plugged in than Mayock. Someone of his expertise and who has been covering nothing but the draft for months ought to be giving us his absolute best guess in all respects. That's my opinion anyway.

:shrug:

I've read lots of stuff about NYG not liking Ebron's personality. They don't want another Shockey.
I've read similar reports, but I can't see them passing on a talent that they truly need. After last year's debacle, they have to do something to help Eli and I think this move makes so much sense for them.

By the way, when I posted the above they were not yet listed to the 28th pick, which does now show a trade. Big whoop, one trade, at #28. Don't go too far out on that limb Mayock!

<p>

• Ebron to the NYG

I'd rather the Giants take Donald than Ebron.IMO, Donald is the ideal pick for the Giants aassuming someone really unexpected doesn't fall to them.
I agree. Your team must offset the current and impending storm that is Kelly's offense. Best chance is to improve the front 7.

Would bet the mortgage the Pats don't take Amaro in the first round.

With no hesitation.

The same with Manziel to the Cowboys in the first round.

Not going to happen, but his giving Aaron Donald to the Bengals to put next to Geno Atkins would be incredible.

All mocks are a cop-out. They're nothing more than fodder for discussion.

As a Cowboys fan, if they take Manziel at 16 with Donald on the board...I lose it.

I really wonder about all of these WR's really be first round talents?

I can't wait for the next era of Titans football where I have to cheer for a QB that has all the tools but remains "raw" for his entire career.

:goodposting: all mocks are pretty much just a meaningless excercise on what we think either will or should happen.

I feel like everyone should know this at this point.

I also feel like after you see a mock you probably shouldnt start your comments off with "No WAY thsi player falls there"--How many years in a row do we need that to happen?

Does anyone know of any "good" picks based partially on contracts? ex. I kinda agree w Cle picking Matthews. However Id almost like to see em take Amaro @ 26th.

(Cameron lack of success for Contract ext)

Now Id just as soon see the Browns w/ both TE's, but was mere point for explaining plausible trades for picks and/or draft changes'

p.s. I enjoy NFL trades!

Users who are viewing this thread