What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Mitchell (1 Viewer)

nobiz

Footballguy
Joined in order to post this last week but it took awhile to get approved ...

In our scoring system, this guy is blowing up. He won my game for me this week. He's ideal in that he plays FS but has the pedigree of an SS.

This guy is no fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the IDP rountable say? "One week is a fluke, two weeks is a trend." I guess 3 weeks means you are a beast. And CAR is passed their bye week.

I own D. Ihenacho, E. Berry, and M. Burnett. I can start two. I am debating dropping one of them just to get this guy in my line up.

discountdoublecheck said:
What does the IDP rountable say? "One week is a fluke, two weeks is a trend." I guess 3 weeks means you are a beast. And CAR is passed their bye week.

I own D. Ihenacho, E. Berry, and M. Burnett. I can start two. I am debating dropping one of them just to get this guy in my line up.
I also have Ihenacho and Burnett. Think I will drop Ihenacho to get him since Burnett already had his bye week also.

I'm leaning more towards dropping Burnett. I am obviously a GB fan so that makes it tough. Ihenacho has out scored him 3 weeks strait. The GB defense is much improved this year. The improved running game is keeping opponents off the field and limiting Burnett's chances.

I'm looking to add him too. Pass the bye week and been getting heavy snaps ever since that bye. Looks like he pushes the edge which could lead to penalties/ejections though. Is he a dirty player?

Don't know if he's dirty or not. The push on Bradford was 2 yards inbounds.

It's taken CAR awhile to get their DBs set. Mitchell has been beasting ever since he found his current role. I tweeted their beat writer to see what he thought and he thinks "beast." Mitchell is not even ranked by any of the IDP sites so he's probably a FA in almost every league.

Last edited by a moderator:

I also have Ihenacho and Burnett. Think I will drop Ihenacho to get him since Burnett already had his bye week also.
Dang. Ihenacho has been solid as heck. You guys have me thinking. :(

Someone just picked him up before me. Figures. :violin:
haha.....he was on my short list headed into the season, but I had just assumed he was getting plugged in to ss, so I cooled off on him when they were shuffling guys around, and he ends up at fs.

I'm still halfway expecting a mirage because of the position -- I'm just really bigoted against fs as an every week play.

Joined in order to post this last week but it took awhile to get approved ...

In our scoring system, this guy is blowing up. He won my game for me this week. He's ideal in that he plays FS but has the pedigree of an SS.

This guy is no fluke.
Picked him up in favor of Mark Barron! Hopefully he can be more consistent.

Someone just picked him up before me. Figures. :violin:
haha.....he was on my short list headed into the season, but I had just assumed he was getting plugged in to ss, so I cooled off on him when they were shuffling guys around, and he ends up at fs.

I'm still halfway expecting a mirage because of the position -- I'm just really bigoted against fs as an every week play.
Completely agree. His last three games with all the sacks and INTs have been against some pretty woeful QBs/offenses in STL/MIN/AZ. If that is a factor then he probably has a good matchup tonight with Tampa. But after that is ATL/SF/NE who's QBs take care of the ball much better and better O-lines so I would expect fewer big FS-type plays. I also prefer more consistent guys like Ihenacho, etc.

discountdoublecheck said:
Did Honey Badger not put up great numbers for 5 weeks in a row at Free Safety? I'm asking because I am not sure. Sometimes guys just have a knack for making plays.

http://www.scout.com/2/1273404.html
Mathieu started the year as the slot corner (weeks 1-3). Replaced Reshad Johnson at FS when he lost the tip of his finger (weeks 4-6). Was back to slot corner last week (and his snap count dropped considerably), while Johnson was back at FS.

as slot CB (vs STL/DET/NO): 22-1-0, 1 INT, 1 FF, 2 PD, 1 TFL

as FS (vs TB/CAR/SF): 17-0-1, 1 PD, 4 TFL

as slot CB (vs SEA): 2-0-0

If you want tackles, slot corner vs predominantly 3-WR teams > FS > slot corner vs predominantly running / 2 WR teams.

There are always exceptions though. And Mike Mitchell isn't a run of the mill FS. Built like an SS, hits like an SS, and covers like an SS (or at least he used to). Would think the Panthers will continue to use a flexible scheme with him and Mikell / Lester.

argh...dropped Honey Badger for Mitchell and got burned for it. Oh well, that's what I get for reading into snap counts.

I guess he is kind of a dirty player. Definitely plays on the edge, 5 fines is a lot if we are only done with week 8

Users who are viewing this thread