What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Walker (1 Viewer)

harryhood

Footballguy
He had a great game before missing action due to his knee injury and practiced fully this week. Does Jones need to be suspended before Walker becomes a legit WR3/Flex play in all scoring formats? He is on a lot of peoples WW right now I would assume, especially with Jones playing well week in and week out.

Guys like these always like to pop up and put up nice fantasy points during those playoff weeks, giving us owners hope for what can be the following year, I kind of like Walker to be one of those for the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a great game before missing action due to his knee injury and practiced fully this week. Does Jones need to be suspended before Walker becomes a legit WR3/Flex play in all scoring formats? He is on a lot of peoples WW right now I would assume, especially with Jones playing well week in and week out.Guys like these always like to pop up and put up nice fantasy points during those playoff weeks, giving us owners hope for what can be the following year, I kind of like Walker to be one of those for the 2nd half of the season.
If i remember correctly, Walker had his 100-yd game this year with Matt Jones playing. So no, i dont think Jones has to be out for this guy to get his numbers. The bigger question is his health.

He had a great game before missing action due to his knee injury and practiced fully this week. Does Jones need to be suspended before Walker becomes a legit WR3/Flex play in all scoring formats? He is on a lot of peoples WW right now I would assume, especially with Jones playing well week in and week out.Guys like these always like to pop up and put up nice fantasy points during those playoff weeks, giving us owners hope for what can be the following year, I kind of like Walker to be one of those for the 2nd half of the season.
If i remember correctly, Walker had his 100-yd game this year with Matt Jones playing. So no, i dont think Jones has to be out for this guy to get his numbers. The bigger question is his health.
agreed, but at that time Jones hadn't established himself as the team's #1 and he didn't have Del Rio's vote of confidence yet. I do think that Walker will just be a borderline WR4 unless Jones misses time.

bump for some updated info/opinions.

anyone like Walker as a playoff option in deeper redraft leagues? his schedule is OK w/ 2 home games vs. GB and IND weeks 15/16.

Garrard looked improved last week, though DET can do that for opposing QBs.

bump for some updated info/opinions.anyone like Walker as a playoff option in deeper redraft leagues? his schedule is OK w/ 2 home games vs. GB and IND weeks 15/16. Garrard looked improved last week, though DET can do that for opposing QBs.
GB and Indy are both good against the pass. It is the run they are weak against.

Why was he inactive last week? Still injured, or did they decide they didn't need him on the field?

He practiced in full all week last week and was listed as probable. Yet he was a gameday inactive.

I can't find anything from this week, but I haven't seen anything regarding setbacks either. I'll start to get worried if he continues to be a healthy scratch.

Wouldn't call him a "sleeper" :yes:
The guy is the very definition of "sleeper". Sure we all talk about him but we spend far too much time on these boards (NTTAWWT). I would guess 80% (probably more) of the fantasy players not on this board, when thinking of the Jacksonville WR position, talk about Jerry Porter and Reggie Williams and have little idea who Mike Walker is.

Can a Jags fan tell me his story? I see 2 catches. Only 2 targets? Wasn't on the field much? Due to lack of merit? Help me out here

Can a Jags fan tell me his story? I see 2 catches. Only 2 targets? Wasn't on the field much? Due to lack of merit? Help me out here
Targeted 6 times. That was a tough matchup vs Tennessee. Not many apss attempts. I'm picking him up this week. If he goes off it will be too late. If he doesn't, then I can always drop him.

Users who are viewing this thread