What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Team Thread (6 Viewers)

I have to wonder if Ryan Poles asked ownership if he could “clean house” if he accepted the GM job.  He got the wrong  answer and decided to take the Bears’ job.  
Kwesi is a snappy dresser but he shouldn’t be proud of what he has done in free agency so far.  He painting himself in to a corner with all the future salary cap he is borrowing.  Plan A better work, because there is no plan B. 
As a Bears fan, I have 100% more confidence in Kwesi than Poles. 

As for the Vikings, I'm very meh, on re-signing Peterson, he feels a lot like the CB version of AJ Green, where he was great a few years ago, but he's not bringing much to the table anymore. Hopefully, he only cost 3-4 million. 

Love the Smith signing though. If he and Hunter and healthy, that's the best EDGE combo east of the Chargers, maybe tied with Vegas. 

Donnybrook said:
I have to wonder if Ryan Poles asked ownership if he could “clean house” if he accepted the GM job.  He got the wrong  answer and decided to take the Bears’ job.  
Kwesi is a snappy dresser but he shouldn’t be proud of what he has done in free agency so far.  He painting himself in to a corner with all the future salary cap he is borrowing.  Plan A better work, because there is no plan B. 
Pretty sure the Wilfs gave him his marching orders and told him we want to win now. Probably a mistake. When (if) it fails they better admit their mistake and let the new GM and coach finally build their team.

Last edited by a moderator:
travdogg said:
As a Bears fan, I have 100% more confidence in Kwesi than Poles. 
I won't judge Poles yet, other than to say he's pretty boring so far. Hopefully he has a plan, it will just take someone smarter than me to figure out what it is.

In the spirit of the Purple Daily - "write that down" segment, I will make three early draft predictions:

1.  Vikings will trade down in the first.  

2. Vikings will trade Kellen Mond for the equivalent of 5th round pick (ie draft trade points) in the 2022 draft. (The justification is  that they only want to carry 2 QBs during the season).

3. Vikings will not draft a QB in the first 6 rounds in the draft.  They might draft one in the 7th to be a camp arm and can be moved to the practice squad with ease.

Fun/sad stat:

The Vikings allowed TDs on 32.4% of opponent drives in the final 4 minutes before halftime or the end of the game. Worst in the NFL. NFL average was 12%, #31 was 20.6%. Not only did they rank #32 in the NFL last season, they ranked #686 of 686 teams since at least 2000. 

If Urban Meyer didn't exist, I think more people would be talking about how awful Zimmer was last season. One of the worst coaching performances in Vikings history. I'm pretty convinced if Zimmer was coaching the Rams last season, they finish last in the NFC West last season. Meanwhile, I think the Vikings are not only playoff contenders, but potentially Super Bowl contenders if O'Connell is anything like past McVay disciples Zac Taylor and Matt LaFleur. 

In the spirit of the Purple Daily - "write that down" segment, I will make three early draft predictions:

1.  Vikings will trade down in the first.  
This is not a bad idea at all, if there is no sure fire player, and a way to get added early round picks (read: Not six 7th rounders, Spielman).

I was reading the Draft Prospect thread and a story included a 'sleeper' list that included an intriguing T/G:

Tyler Smith

B/R Big Board Rank: 63

Scouting Report

Many of the players in these rankings are boom or bust, but Tulsa tackle Tyler Smith comes with a pretty safe floor while still bringing exciting upside. 

That's because Smith has the potential to play a premium position at tackle, but he will make a great guard if that doesn't work out. The 6'4 5/8", 324-pounder is a mauling presence in the run game. He led the nation in "big-time blocks," according to PFF. 

The redshirt sophomore is one of the youngest players in the class, making his physical dominance at the collegiate level all the more impressive. 

Smith's technique in pass-blocking needs improvement, even if the results weren't bad. He only ceded two sacks and five hurries last season and gave up no sacks on 355 pass blacking snaps in 2020, per PFF. 

That was playing left tackle. If he can repeat those results on the outside in the NFL, he will be the steal of the draft. Even if he doesn't, he has Pro Bowl potential at guard and will likely go in the second or third round. 
On the surface, this seems like the type of mauler I think this team needs (even the pass protect weakness doesn't read that bad). Tackle/guard flexibility seems like a plus, and if he is 63 on the big board, maybe ability to maneuver to late 2nd?

Any of you gurus familiar? 

This is not a bad idea at all, if there is no sure fire player, and a way to get added early round picks (read: Not six 7th rounders, Spielman).

I was reading the Draft Prospect thread and a story included a 'sleeper' list that included an intriguing T/G:

On the surface, this seems like the type of mauler I think this team needs (even the pass protect weakness doesn't read that bad). Tackle/guard flexibility seems like a plus, and if he is 63 on the big board, maybe ability to maneuver to late 2nd?

Any of you gurus familiar? 
Sorry the thread died on this question.

I haven't had time to watch players as much this year as usual. So I don't have as strong of opinions about any of the players as I usually do.

Part of that is generally being turned off by what I see of what the Vikings have done, which is in my view more of the same. New coaches sure but the personnel decisions are mostly intact and the Vikings seem to be running it back at least from a personnel management perspective.

This does not give me much reason to be optimistic about things as I do not see much change. 

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

As far as Smith goes he seems to be highly rated enough to be worthy of the pick you are talking about and if so he will likely be selected somewhere near there. Not sure if he will be an option for the Vikings because of that, another team might take him before their pick. If he is there seems like a fine move if they decide to go that way.

Hopefully Irv Smith is ready for training camp. The Vikings are going to need to add another TE at some point. Its an important part of how they do things on offense although CJ Ham could possibly be used in such a role by them if no one else steps up.

If Bradbury is starting again, as comments from the coaches have suggested I very much doubt there is going to be significant improvement.

Part of that is generally being turned off by what I see of what the Vikings have done, which is in my view more of the same. New coaches sure but the personnel decisions are mostly intact and the Vikings seem to be running it back at least from a personnel management perspective.

This does not give me much reason to be optimistic about things as I do not see much change. 

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
I’ve seen others with this take, and it surprises me. I’m a fan of most moves. Getting some selective FAs like J Hicks, DT Sullivan, Z Smith seem like decent adds. Getting Peterson back is a positive. Ridding of Barr and Pierce is fat trimming. Cousins was good value and a workable off-ramp. I’m just not sure what you could realistically see out there for this team to do.

I think real improvement is going to happen through coaching… moving on from nepotism OC and nepotism Co-DC and not being quite as clenched sphincter about everything.

On the draft, I read a rumor they could trade 1.12 for both KC picks (1.29 & 1.30?) which would be great. Much better than going CB @ 12 IMHO.

I’ve seen others with this take, and it surprises me. I’m a fan of most moves. Getting some selective FAs like J Hicks, DT Sullivan, Z Smith seem like decent adds. Getting Peterson back is a positive. Ridding of Barr and Pierce is fat trimming. Cousins was good value and a workable off-ramp. I’m just not sure what you could realistically see out there for this team to do.

I think real improvement is going to happen through coaching… moving on from nepotism OC and nepotism Co-DC and not being quite as clenched sphincter about everything.

On the draft, I read a rumor they could trade 1.12 for both KC picks (1.29 & 1.30?) which would be great. Much better than going CB @ 12 IMHO.
Well maybe I'm wrong, sure hope so. Having Hunter back healthy will be a huge improvement for sure and perhaps cleaning house on the coaches is good from that perspective as well.

I watched a highlight reel of Smith's sacks and he feasted on situations with starters being out. I did not get a good feeling about him because of that 

The trade down scenario with KC seems like a good move if they can pull that off  I have been hearing the top 2 corners might be gone before pick 12 recently. 

I know there are some holes on this Vikings roster, but if Jameson Williams is there at 12 I would absolutely love that pick.  I’m not entirely feeling the corners, and I think Jameson is a superstar and an incredible fit with this offense.  

The trade down scenario with KC seems like a good move if they can pull that off  I have been hearing the top 2 corners might be gone before pick 12 recently. 
Wouldn't hanging 1st round hats on the CB position be more of the same for you... the outside in approach? It would be for me.

I know there are some holes on this Vikings roster, but if Jameson Williams is there at 12 I would absolutely love that pick.  I’m not entirely feeling the corners, and I think Jameson is a superstar and an incredible fit with this offense.  
For a team built differently from the Vikes, I can see the allure. What doesn't make sense is the draft/cap capital this team puts into QB/WR/RB when it has an OL that can't protect longer than 2.5 seconds and struggles opening running lanes. It's not built to get the most from those talents.

To me that would be a luxury pick and the Vikings aren't in a position to use a top 12 pick on a luxury.  Improve the trenches and everything else improves.  That's where I would go........or trade back if there isn't anybody that meets those specifications and worth a top 12 pick.  

For a team built differently from the Vikes, I can see the allure. What doesn't make sense is the draft/cap capital this team puts into QB/WR/RB when it has an OL that can't protect longer than 2.5 seconds and struggles opening running lanes. It's not built to get the most from those talents.

To me that would be a luxury pick and the Vikings aren't in a position to use a top 12 pick on a luxury.  Improve the trenches and everything else improves.  That's where I would go........or trade back if there isn't anybody that meets those specifications and worth a top 12 pick.  
I don’t at all disagree.  This team desperately needs line help, specifically OL.  But if they went with Williams, I guess I wouldn’t be disappointed.  I think he’s that much of a difference maker.  I guess I’m just a bit more scared of someone like Stingley panning out than I am of Williams.  

Wouldn't hanging 1st round hats on the CB position be more of the same for you... the outside in approach? It would be for me.
It would be more of the same I agree but corner is their biggest need because of the failed picks recently of Highes and Gladney.

Pick 12 should be BPA and what I am hearing is there are two CB who might be top 10 prospects.

So if that is the case of BPA meeting need that is what they should do regardless of it being the same pattern.

They might not have that choice though at 12 if they are both gone.

It would be more of the same I agree but corner is their biggest need because of the failed picks recently of Highes and Gladney.
Right, because we're in a never ending cycle of acting like CB is the problem, and it can never be solved - unless we draft a guy with a cape capable of man coverage for 6 seconds. We just draft CB after CB under that disillusion. 

I have being doing several pff mock simulators for the Vikings.  CBs always go early.  Trent McDuffy is usually there at 12.  I have been experimenting with trading down.  My favourite strategy is trading back and take Ojabo.  I think the idea appeals to me because  he fits the new 34 defense and they might not really need him this year.  Obviously I don’t know the long term issues with an Achilles.  
I then usually take some of the draft capital I acquired in the trade down and trade back to the bottom of the first or early second to get a CB: Booth, Elam or Gordon.  If you stay at 46 all the second tier CB are usually gone.  

BigJim® said:
Right, because we're in a never ending cycle of acting like CB is the problem, and it can never be solved - unless we draft a guy with a cape capable of man coverage for 6 seconds. We just draft CB after CB under that disillusion. 
Or teams just throw 3 step drops all the time because they cant cover it.

Or teams just throw 3 step drops all the time because they cant cover it.
Let's agree to disagree. I'm pretty sure Pat Peterson *can* do just about anything. It's just a reality they have been operating in a system that dictates soft coverage, playing the man as opposed to the ball, and are doing it forever whenever there is no QB pressure. I honestly believe a lot of the historic stink associated with this unit is the scheme requires them all to be Deion Sanders for it to work. It's Zimmer's curse having once been blessed coaching Deion... he thought it could work for anyone. First rounder after first rounder, proven wrong. 

Re: DT Jordan Davis, I'd still be up for that even if he raises a workout warrior flag re: college use. Mock after mock I'm seeing him going to Baltimore. If Baltimore ends up believing in him enough to select after Vikes pass, I'll be bummed. Definitely trust Raven's scouts assessing defensive players. 

I am hoping you are right that the change in coaching causes a change in defensive performance, but that remains to be seen.

Hughes got injured and Gladney got kicked off the team for off the field issues, although I dont think either played great when they did play.

Peterson is not what he used to be. He wasnt really tested because teams had easier match ups than him to exploit.

I understand your desire to build the trenches and I even agree with it for the most part. Just pointing out that they have needs at corner as well and that being narrow minded in focus has its issues as well. You said cover for 6 seconds well the flip side of that is only using 3 step drops if the rush us great but coverage is not 

They need both.

I think pick 12 is a premium pick and they should take the BPA if they stay at that spot.

I like Davis and think he would be a good pick there if he is available.

I think the team has a lot of needs and so trading down would be a way to fill more of them, of course the flip side of that is taking a elite player instead if that is an option.

I understand your desire to build the trenches and I even agree with it for the most part. Just pointing out that they have needs at corner as well and that being narrow minded in focus has its issues as well. You said cover for 6 seconds well the flip side of that is only using 3 step drops if the rush us great but coverage is not 

They need both.

I think pick 12 is a premium pick and they should take the BPA if they stay at that spot.

I like Davis and think he would be a good pick there if he is available.

I think the team has a lot of needs and so trading down would be a way to fill more of them, of course the flip side of that is taking a elite player instead if that is an option.
:hifive:

Totally agree with all of that. For me, we're not fixing everything and I'd rather focus immediate needs to become competitive in trenches, even if it means getting burned on some passing. I just don't think beginning with Peterson/Dantzler  is the crisis it's being made out. At some point this team needs to be able to find mid-round CBs. 

Vikes not expected to pick up 5th year on Bradbury per PFT. Please be accurate. Getting horsepower at C is key to improving the OL.

Vikes not expected to pick up 5th year on Bradbury per PFT. Please be accurate. Getting horsepower at C is key to improving the OL.
The 5th year option for Bradbury would 13 million, which would make him the 3rd highest paid Center in the NFL, behind only Kelce and Ragnow, which would obviously be silly to pick up. 

The 5th year option for Bradbury would 13 million, which would make him the 3rd highest paid Center in the NFL, behind only Kelce and Ragnow, which would obviously be silly to pick up. 
Thank god it’s a crazy option $. Cole replaced him fine last year. If he’s tradable today as a former 1st talent, I’d take almost anything. Addition by subtraction.

So let's have the Vikes go Linderbaum at pick 12.  Win-win.   

I have seen him go in that general time frame for mocks.  If he is as good as they say I think it's well worth it.  
Fair enough. That's what makes the draft exciting. The FMIA mock had Linderbaum @ 1.24. So did another in the main draft thread. Then again, Prisco has him as early as I've seen @ 1.14. Looks like value charts say for 1.12 is (1200) and -> 1.18 (900)-1.22 (780). If they love him, tossing value charts aside may make sense. However, to get a 3rd + 4th and still land the guy, that's winning the big picture draft game if they can get to a slot where other prospects they like will be there as a plan B (and they still have the added ammo).

So let's have the Vikes go Linderbaum at pick 12.  Win-win.   
I wouldn't go that far. That's too high to take a Center, and I don't think Bradbury sucks, he's just not worth anywhere near 13 million, nor was he ever worth the 1st round pick. But if he were a 2nd or even better 3rd round pick, I'd be pretty happy with his play. 

Personally, I think Minnesota should 100% be on Stingley if he's there, but I think Stingley is the best CB to come out in a really long time, and has best CB in the NFL upside. On talent, I think he's the 2nd best player in the draft. 

I wouldn't go that far. That's too high to take a Center, and I don't think Bradbury sucks, he's just not worth anywhere near 13 million, nor was he ever worth the 1st round pick. But if he were a 2nd or even better 3rd round pick, I'd be pretty happy with his play. 

Personally, I think Minnesota should 100% be on Stingley if he's there, but I think Stingley is the best CB to come out in a really long time, and has best CB in the NFL upside. On talent, I think he's the 2nd best player in the draft. 
That may be true about Stingley but I don't think it's worth a top 12 pick at CB.  I think pass rush can help CB play and I don't think the Vikes are as bad at CB as the consensus.  I think scheme and lack of pass rush accentuated the bad DB play and really gave them no chance last year.   Better scheme, pass rush (Hunter and Smith should be night and day vs last year) will be a bigger help to the DB's than drafting someone at 12.  Again, just my non-draft expert opinion.  I think you can find DB's later that can do the job well enough using that high of draft capital is a waste. 

That may be true about Stingley but I don't think it's worth a top 12 pick at CB.  I think pass rush can help CB play and I don't think the Vikes are as bad at CB as the consensus.  I think scheme and lack of pass rush accentuated the bad DB play and really gave them no chance last year.   Better scheme, pass rush (Hunter and Smith should be night and day vs last year) will be a bigger help to the DB's than drafting someone at 12.  Again, just my non-draft expert opinion.  I think you can find DB's later that can do the job well enough using that high of draft capital is a waste. 
Why can't they have a better pass rush, and an elite CB? Statistically, its easier to find quality OL play later in drafts than quality DB play. 

In a vacuum I can kind of see your point, but I think Stingley and Gardner are on a different level than your average top CB, these guys are 2 of the top-4 prospects of the last decade in my opinion. I doubt either makes it #12 so its probably moot, but if Stingley does, I'd hate to see him passed on. 

Why can't they have a better pass rush, and an elite CB? Statistically, its easier to find quality OL play later in drafts than quality DB play. 

In a vacuum I can kind of see your point, but I think Stingley and Gardner are on a different level than your average top CB, these guys are 2 of the top-4 prospects of the last decade in my opinion. I doubt either makes it #12 so its probably moot, but if Stingley does, I'd hate to see him passed on. 
Maybe the last regime made me gun shy on 1st round CB's.......hahahhhaaa

I don't think Bradbury sucks, he's just not worth anywhere near 13 million, nor was he ever worth the 1st round pick. But if he were a 2nd or even better 3rd round pick, I'd be pretty happy with his play. 
I'm surprised you'd be happy with his play if he'd been a later pick. You must be a fan of the no pockets for immobile QBs scheme. I mean, a guy has to be able to do the job regardless of where he was picked, and he can't. JMHO, that he's so easily overwhelmed makes our guards suffer as well.

ETA: Actually, I take that all back. I see you are a Bears fan. In that case, I totally get you being 'pretty happy' with Bradbury's play... i.e. being steamrolled by the Bears DL. Totally unrelated, I'm pretty happy with Bears WRs and think they should not improve them.

I'm surprised you'd be happy with his play if he'd been a later pick. You must be a fan of the no pockets for immobile QBs scheme. I mean, a guy has to be able to do the job regardless of where he was picked, and he can't. JMHO, that he's so easily overwhelmed makes our guards suffer as well.

ETA: Actually, I take that all back. I see you are a Bears fan. In that case, I totally get you being 'pretty happy' with Bradbury's play... i.e. being steamrolled by the Bears DL. Totally unrelated, I'm pretty happy with Bears WRs and think they should not improve them.
Ha! I am a Bears fan, but I try and stay as impartial as possible. Frankly, most of my friends are Vikings fans so I empathize a lot with Vikings fans, and ultimately only really root against the Packers. 

That being said, I do think Bradbury isn't a bad player. He's not good, but I think he's league average. He's a good run blocker and a bad pass blocker. 32 Centers start, and he'd probably be around 20th or so I think. I'd happily swap Centers and give you guys Sam Mustipher. 

Ha! I am a Bears fan, but I try and stay as impartial as possible. Frankly, most of my friends are Vikings fans so I empathize a lot with Vikings fans, and ultimately only really root against the Packers. 

That being said, I do think Bradbury isn't a bad player. He's not good, but I think he's league average. He's a good run blocker and a bad pass blocker. 32 Centers start, and he'd probably be around 20th or so I think. I'd happily swap Centers and give you guys Sam Mustipher. 
Yeah, just ribbing you a bit. I know you to be unbiased. I think you overrate Bradbury though, significantly. I don't think he's good at anything. I think the Vikes OL, in general, gets too much credit for run blocking. When the Vikes need 1-2 yards, they almost always fail running up the middle. That is the situation that tells me whether a guy can run block. The middle of this line is incapable of driving forward.

Bia to the courtesy phone to list out all of the Viking mid-late round OL failures.
I dont want to go there again. Oh man it's been a bad decade and counting really since Jeff Christie since they have been able to find and develop late round offensive linemen into quality players.

I am glad to hear they wont pick up Bradburys 5th year option. Not that I ever expected them to, but maybe if they still had Spielman I would be more nervous about them being stubborn about keeping him.

I am not sure if Gardner and Stingley are such elite CB prospects as travdogg and many others think they are, but I will say that quality CB play does make a huge difference.

Watch Ramsey vs Jefferson last year as I have a couple times and once again recently. It's a huge thing to have a true great cover corner who can stick with the best WR in the league. If these corners or others can play at a similar level as that? No doubt the Vikings should pick that guy if he is there 

If they are actually that good I dont think they will be available though.

As far as the Vikings ability to find quality players in later rounds, they have been able to do that with edge rushers and WR more than corners or offensive linemen.

I agree with you that if Hunter and Smith play at a level they have in the past (I'm more optimistic about Hunter than Smith doing so) that it will make a huge difference.

That being said Breeland was so bad that Hunter being healthy all year last season would not have been enough. They need better coverage play than that even if the pass rush is at a top 10 type level.

I'm out on Linderbaum after reading this:

There aren't many offensive linemen whose resumes can match that of Linderbaum, a consensus All-American and latest in a long line of Iowa standouts. His 6-2, 291-pound frame might be disqualifying for several teams, however, as he could be exploited by rangier interior defensive linemen. And the last undersized center whose movement skills paved his way into the first round – Minnesota Vikings center Garrett Bradbury – has largely struggled and may not have his fifth-year option picked up. 

To be fair, Linderbaum is twice the prospect Bradbury ever was. But yeah, Linderbaum probably shouldn't be taken at 12. Maybe if there is a trade down.
I'm saying not at all. We don't solve for weakness @ center by drafting the next guy who comes along who's best comparable is the guy we're trying to solve for. I don't want Vikes' guards to be dedicating 15% of their energy to cover for an undersized center. I want a center who can hold his own, and maybe, just maybe, be strong enough to help guards.

My final Draft wish list:

1st round: 1.12 Jordan Davis/DT/Georgia

2nd round: 2.12 Trade 44 for picks 60/90/150-> 460 pts/471 pts

2.28 Tyler Smith/T-G/Tulsa

3rd Round: 77 and now 90

4th Round:  :tumbleweed:

5th Round: Now 150 and 156

6th Round: 3 picks for maneuvering

7th Round: Who cares?

Maulers on both trenches secured. Plenty of draft ammo to find CB/WR/LB help.

ETA: When I last posted about T Smith, he was #63 on someone's Big Board. Now I'm oddly seeing him at 47 on a consensus big board. I still maybe take him in the 2nd even without the trade back if it solidly solves RG with potential for T flexibility. Maybe get + picks trading down a bit from 1.12 and praying that Baltimore takes an Edge rusher over Davis.     

My preferences:

Derrick Stingley Jr.  ---  this guy would've been the #1 overall pick after his freshman year before his injury.  He has Darrel Revis upside.  Can't run to the podium fast enough if he's there IMO.

Kyle Hamilton -- elite safety from Notre Dame, what's more to say.  We've seen this scenario before and it's a good one.  I think he and Smith would be the best back end tandem in the league and he'd help us transition once Smith slowed down and moved on.

Jordan Davis --  Doesn't have the numbers you'd expect given his measurables, but we've drafted on freak ability alone before and it can work out amazingly(Hunter anyone)  I think his floor is being an amazing interior run stopper, but his physical tools make his upside insane.  

All 3 of these guys have the potential to be the best player at their position within a few years if they can realize their potential and I would love to grab any of them.  Davis seems to be the only one likely to be available given the mocks I've seen, although Hamilton has fallen in recent mocks likely due to being a safety.  I still view him as a top 3 talent in this draft.  My first choice would be Stingley, however, if he's there.

I dont think weight or size precludes a center from being a good player capable of pass blocking at all. Look at the HoF players at the position in history, a large majority of them were smaller but athletic players with similar profiles as Linderbaum and Bradbury. 

Just because Bradbury has failed does not mean Linderbaum will also. I think such a perspective is pretty narrow minded.

In my opinion the best center I have ever seen is Dermonti Dawson, that's the ideal and yeah he was below average weight and size, so what?

That said I dont think center is worth the 12th overall pick. If we are talking about a later pick near the end of the 1st or 2nd round I would be happy if the Vikings pick him. I think he is a good player.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them pick a QB or WR. The way those positions are getting paid right now, an analytics person would have to be intrigued by getting someone on the "cheap." Truth be told, I really like Sam Howell. Not sure he is worth a pick that high, but getting a QB that is legit is worth getting anywhere in the first round.

I am slowly becoming a fan of Cole Strange, the Center/Guard from Chattanooga. If they could get him in the 3rd, that would be gold!! (Although, I think he will go in the 2nd)

McDuffie reminds me of Winfield, Sr. I really like him.

I always love the draft but with Kwesi, I am really excited because I'm not sure what he will do. He might trade back in the 1st but aggressively move up in the late 1st, 2nd and 3rd which wasn't done a ton during Spielman's regime.

Should be a blast!!

Biabreakable said:
Just because Bradbury has failed does not mean Linderbaum will also. I think such a perspective is pretty narrow minded.
In a theoretical sense or in this case? It wasn't my self-written player profile that called him undersized but agile, and susceptible of being manhandled. I mean, for a guy who wants to break from the past you seem to be advocating status quo grabbing undersized agility - which perpetuates problems against the same fronts we've struggled against and inability to create a pocket for an immobile QB. 

Users who are viewing this thread