What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota Vikings Team Thread (4 Viewers)

I love the way people are praising the current leadership no matter what they do. Have they forgotten that they signed Sean Mannion when he was a free agent before the draft? Did they not see the mundane performance in Green Bay? Then they avoided all QBs propects in the draft. All this says is they have shown no more potential than the old regime in evaluating QB talent.

I think they should part ways with both Mannion and Monde. Monde might be a physical talent but by all accounts he has not been good in practice for 2 straight years. I could careless that his contract is. cheap. Why not see if they can intercept a young developmental QB that may be heeded to some other teams practice squad. So far, the difference between the old regime and the new regime is that they have the media giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't mind that the Vikings have added Reagor and Blaylock. I viewed both players as worth drafting when they came into the league. Obviously they haven't played well enough to be kept by their original teams.

What I don't like is them cutting ISM and Watts who have showed promise In real games for the team.

I would be much happier with the adds if not for the subtractions.

I don't mind that the Vikings have added Reagor and Blaylock. I viewed both players as worth drafting when they came into the league. Obviously they haven't played well enough to be kept by their original teams.

What I don't like is them cutting ISM and Watts who have showed promise In real games for the team.

Kwesi’s spreadsheet/model showed higher returns for these guys.

Wow. Rumour was Kirk was lobbying to Sean Mannion on the 53. Apparently they were going to accommodate him but got wind that the player they were going to cut would have been claimed.

I am surprised that stopped them. They offered Sean a practice squad contact anyway. Mannion choose the Seahawks squad instead.

That would be fine if it had to be an either or answer to the question, but it didn't. They could have added Reagor plus Blackllock and kept ISM plus Watts.

If it was about salary cap money could have been saved with players who have not shown talent in real NFL games.

That would be fine if it had to be an either or answer to the question, but it didn't. They could have added Reagor plus Blackllock and kept ISM plus Watts.

If it was about salary cap money could have been saved with players who have not shown talent in real NFL games.
I was being a bit silly in that he was previously a Wallstreet commodities trader and venture capital guy, and I have this vision of him running the Vikings from a Bloomberg terminal and letting his excel model make all the decisions.

Yeah I get that VikingFrog and it's a joke that's on us a bit. Funny because there is some truth to it.

The goal is to have the best possible roster I don't see these moves accomplishing that.

I have heard there are off the field reasons for them cutting ISM and I guess that makes sense from a wholistic team building chemistry angle.

It doesn't from a talent on the field perspective.

I have heard some money reasons for Watts. I think Penny pinching could have been accomplished elsewhere.

Also the draft assets being used will cost them down the road.

I don't like it and these moves are added to my Kwesi makes bad moves as a GM column.

Do you really think Watts looked that good? It seemed to me he was always getting bullied in the run game and was a real liability.

Now ISM, I agree he looked like he had some talent and that move was a surprise to me.

Do you really think Watts looked that good? It seemed to me he was always getting bullied in the run game and was a real liability.

Now ISM, I agree he looked like he had some talent and that move was a surprise to me.
Yes I thought he showed ability as a pass rusher, but maybe you have a point about his run defense not being that great which is more what the linemen need to do more now in the 3-4

Seemed like every other pass that ISM caught wasn't clean...hit his hands and he caught the second time. Plus there was a time in the preseason this year that they had to call timeout because he was lined up in the wrong spot - you could see Mannion yelling at him. I like his talent but it really didn't upset me that they cut him.

I was surprised with Watts but he seemed like more of a 4-3 '3 technique' and doesn't really fit the 3-4...

Unlike Stafford, I think that Cousins is natural cautious with the ball in his hand. I am really interested to see how much the new offence actually gets implemented. Instead of running on second down will it just be a check down.

This team finds so many ways to disappoint over the years that I have trouble giving them the benefit of the doubt. I predict 8-9.

Interesting first game.. On one hand it sucks as most aren't in Football mode yet, so the normal Viking vs. Packer chatter isn't happening..
On the other hand, might be the best thing to happen for the new coaching staff as no one has any idea how to game plan against the offense as it is all new.. Or at least us Viking fans hope it is all new.. :oldunsure:

Great game. Weapons everywhere.

Love the aggressiveness of new coach and new looks on offense.

Defense looked solid.

Expected to come out flat, and we came out and punched them in the nose and never let up.

Perfect game? No.

A few things to complain about? Yes.

But all in all, I’ll take stomping on the Packers to open the season, and see that smug pouty Rodgers face.

Very nice win to start the new era. Thought they came out a little flat after half time, but defense stepped up when it mattered. Still some holes on the OL that hopefully will get better with experience.
LOVE the offense plans.. Defenses are going to have a heck of a time trying to contain Jefferson as this coaching staff understands how to keep him open.

The new defense had a few holes at times, which is to be expected as most are use to the old defense scheme so need to learn the new scheme.
Next week will be a big test as the Eagles offense fast. :football:

Interesting.. Go to Canada for a week and miss the Vikings get destroyed by the Eagles and nothing here. Hmmmm..
Didn't really like what I saw in the first half of the Lions game, but did like the fact coaches made changes on both sides during half time.. It did help having a coach who thinks going for it on 4th down on your side of the 50 in the 4th quarter is a good idea :loco:

While there are good things about what the team has done some of the same problems.

The defense is not good enough and they still give up a lot of pressure with the offensive line.

Cousins has been playing worse than he has on average.

I will just leave this here.

Been a fan for quite some time.

I don’t think we look great. But we manage to find a way to win.

As compared to the usual over the last 5 years where we don’t look good and find a way to lose.

We’ll see what happens. Schedule doesn’t exactly look easy over the next 6 weeks.

The old regime left a mess of the defense behind. The talent just isn't there right now. Going to take another year at least.
I really can't figure out this offense.. They have talent everywhere yet seem to not know how to use it.. Then again, the OL is still Swiss cheese which limits what they can call.
I think they will compete each week, but don't see the group going far thus year :kicksrock:

Another week.

Another game where I didn’t think we played that well.

Another win!

Another Packers loss!

Once again, I’m astonished that this team is winning games that they’d usually lose.

But in the NFL, you just gotta win. It doesn’t matter how.

The good news is we can improve and continue to win.

Bye then Arizona then Washington.

Let’s see what these purple people eaters got!

The offense is struggling way too much then it should.. Yes, the OL is not great, but way too much talent to struggle week after week.
Defense did what it had to.. Having to learn a new scheme basically on the run can't be easy.. Not sure I think the D is built for a 3-4 but hopefully they can spend the bye week getting more comfortable.

5-1 and basically a 3 game lead for 1st thanks to beating the Pack already...
:football:

6-1 sure is nice.. Lots to work on, both sides but still nice to get yet another win.

What Don't understand is leaving Dantzler one on one with Hopkins...:loco:
Either you put double Coverage, or have Peterson shadow him.. But Dantzler is NOT a top CB and should never be left one on one with a top WR...

Hopefully they take care of business next week against the Commanders and don't look past them to the following weeks matchup vs. The Bills

6-1 sure is nice.. Lots to work on, both sides but still nice to get yet another win.

What Don't understand is leaving Dantzler one on one with Hopkins...:loco:
Either you put double Coverage, or have Peterson shadow him.. But Dantzler is NOT a top CB and should never be left one on one with a top WR...

Hopefully they take care of business next week against the Commanders and don't look past them to the following weeks matchup vs. The Bills
Bills then Cowboys then Patriots should be a solid run to see what this team is truly made of.

5 straight 1-score wins. Doesn’t feel like their secondary is remotely good enough but in an awful division they should at least make the playoffs.

Wake up, Vikingsguys! Congratulations!

Who saw that coming? From Division rival Lions, no less! If anything, was really hoping Gesicki might land here. Kirk's prayers are answered!

I am still baffled by the drop off in production from the first drive to the middle two quarters and then find a way to put another drive together. The offensive consistency just hasn't been there. It's like the scripted start works great but then they go in the tank. Very frustrating to start off looking so good and then stall for half the game.

They should be beating the last few teams by a large margin and putting them away but they always just let them hang around. So far it hasn't hurt them but it will and most likely in the playoffs.

This team is weird.

Only loss is to the number 1 undefeated team. Only team with 1 loss.

But they don’t pass the eyeball test.

I think I’m watching too much CFP ranking analysis.

I love it though. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This team is winning games the Vikings would usually lose. The ball is bouncing our way and they are finding ways to win rather than finding ways to lose.

Next week will be very telling of what this team is made of.

Vikings have been getting very lucky pulling out all these close games.
Their record is better than their metrics, they will definitely be regressing at some point, soon.

Vikings have been getting very lucky pulling out all these close games.
Their record is better than their metrics, they will definitely be regressing at some point, soon.
If not for the ref getting in the way playing defense against our defense I think this game would have been an "easier" win.

My first thought was "crap, here we go again" :sadbanana: and last years team loses that game. This team keeps fighting regardless of bad outcomes.

Are they Superbowl bound? I don't think so.. Then again, their defense is getting better, and got A LOT better after Dantzler got injured and they put the rookie in. Hoping he did enough to make the coaches play him more.

I am very disappointed how the offense play calling has been. There is WAY too much talent to be going 3 and out as many times as they do. Might be time to get a real offense coordinator and let the head coach, coach, not call plays.. There were at least 3 times yesterday where they threw an incomplete on first down and I called run up the muddle on 2nd down and sure enough they did and the defense was ready..

If ever there was a time to play The Bills, this is the week as Josh doesn't look like he'll be 100%

If you need help and I've been an investor for far too many weeks but if you need help, for the love of God
Get rid of Greg Joseph
In a year where accountability is important
Get rid of Greg Joseph
Despite MoP being an investor
Get rid of Greg Joseph
I heard he leaves the toilet seat up
Get rid of Greg Joseph

Last edited:
Win or lose today, this team was legit, and with a big win, maybe now they will get some respect. There will always be those who want to act like Cousins is a clown despite his proven track record of winning and playing well, but you can't argue with 8-1.

Despite my best efforts to avoid it due to decades of Vikings Fandom showing me that it is futile and heartbreaking, I'm excited. This team has turned me into a believer after the last two games. That was easily the best game I've watched since the Buf-KC playoff match-up last year. The Vikings just find ways to win, and they're fun as hell.

When we didn’t get in on the QB sneak, I told my wife that I was proud of this team they had a chance to win on the road against one of the favorites in the league. Even if we would’ve lost, I would’ve been happy with the performance, but my god, this team is amazing to watch at the end of the game.

That was one of the craziest game I’ve ever seen, in any sport. So fun to see them pull it out. Defense is getting thin but they have all but clinched a home playoff game so time to heal up.

An amazing win! Not sure how you can't call it lucky though.

I think the Vikings need to win more decisively for bettors to give them more respect or confidence that what they have been doing is sustainable.

Not to take anything away from them as they did make some incredible plays to pull it off, but they needed help from Josh Allen giving up the ball to pull it off.

That game was a quintessential Vikings game..........except they actually won! It had all the makings of the typical Viking team giving us fans hope only to kick is in the nuggets at the end with the failed QB sneak and Dalvin drop. Hopefully this isn't just a new way to give us increased hope for an even bigger nut punch down the road.

(I think I am scarred with PTSD regarding this team)

That game was a quintessential Vikings game..........except they actually won! It had all the makings of the typical Viking team giving us fans hope only to kick is in the nuggets at the end with the failed QB sneak and Dalvin drop. Hopefully this isn't just a new way to give us increased hope for an even bigger nut punch down the road.

(I think I am scarred with PTSD regarding this team)
I keep stating it, but that’s been the true difference this year. We are getting the breaks and balls bouncing our way that we never seem to get.

An amazing win! Not sure how you can't call it lucky though.

I think the Vikings need to win more decisively for bettors to give them more respect or confidence that what they have been doing is sustainable.

Not to take anything away from them as they did make some incredible plays to pull it off, but they needed help from Josh Allen giving up the ball to pull it off.
Luck goes both ways. The Bills were lucky Dalvin didnt catch the easy TD on the two yard line. The Bills were lucky the referees inexplicably decided not to review Davis' sideline "catch". The Bills were lucky they werent called for having 12 men on the Dalvin carry for loss at the 2 yard line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread