What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minor Neighbor Issue--WWYD? (1 Viewer)

We live in the city on a small street with lots of families and children.  A new neighbor moved in directly across from us about a year ago.  He's a nice guy--I'd met him before and we have a couple of mutual friends.  He's very social and is a good addition to the block.

He has a 4x4 with raised suspension and oversized wheels that he rarely drives.  He's gotten into the habit of parking it directly in front of our house and because he doesn't drive it regularly, it just sits there. He drove it over the weekend, and when he got back, he parked right in front of our house again.  Parking on the street is usually not a problem.  Other than it being a bit of an eyesore, this hasn't been an issue for me yet but it will when my wife gets back to town and isn't able to park in front of our house.

Would you say anything or leave it alone?  Like I said, he's a nice guy and I'd never say anything offensive.

Here's a pic of the truck taken from my front door.
If he moved in directly across from you then isn't he also parking in front of his house?

so if he parked on his side of the street you would be fine with it?  I'm assuming if he does that your wife still wouldn't be able to park in front of your house.
Why would you assume that?  There's plenty of room to drive down the street and have cars/trucks parked on both sides.

So, have her park in front of his house. She has to walk what, an extra six feet or so? Plus it sends the message.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off lol at that "lifted" truck. That thing is a total eyesore.  I'd just be upfront with him and ask him to park in front of his house as your wife parks there.  That's all you really can do. I'm guessing he doesn't even realize it's upsetting to you.  If he's a decent guy he will understand. If not you're screwed. 

That's the "mansion" shadyridr is referring to.  We have a second home in Park City.
ah... got it. I also remember you posting pictures of it after it was built or renovated, but it didn't translate as a city-home... nice place.

You say one way street. Is parking restricted in any way?

I would talk to him and if that doesn't work, put a Denver Boot on it

So I guess rednecks aren't limited to lower salary scales only huh? And why does his door across the street look like the glass doors you see on the front of any business building?

Rent/borrow an obnoxiously large vehicle for a month and park it in front of his house.  Also park another car there too.  

If he asks, just tell him that you just hate having it mess up the front of your house so you decided to park them there.

"You don't mind do you?"

ETA:  Get a big, ####ty RV.  

Two possible answers 1).  Buy a truck and park it in front of his house.  2).  Have you wife park in front of his house.  Maybe get the hint when your wife returns.

Eta: sleep with his wife

We live in the city on a small street with lots of families and children.  A new neighbor moved in directly across from us about a year ago.  He's a nice guy--I'd met him before and we have a couple of mutual friends.  He's very social and is a good addition to the block.

He has a 4x4 with raised suspension and oversized wheels that he rarely drives.  He's gotten into the habit of parking it directly in front of our house and because he doesn't drive it regularly, it just sits there. He drove it over the weekend, and when he got back, he parked right in front of our house again.  Parking on the street is usually not a problem.  Other than it being a bit of an eyesore, this hasn't been an issue for me yet but it will when my wife gets back to town and isn't able to park in front of our house.

Would you say anything or leave it alone?  Like I said, he's a nice guy and I'd never say anything offensive.

Here's a pic of the truck taken from my front door.
At first glance, I didn't notice there is another car parked on the other side of the street...his side of the street. It blended in with his car.

Do you know whose car that is?

So I guess rednecks aren't limited to lower salary scales only huh? And why does his door across the street look like the glass doors you see on the front of any business building?
He's not a redneck at all.  He's an observant Jew who works in the financial industry.

You can't see his house in the pic.  He lives in a nice brick house to the right of the house with the green door.

eta: Green door house is a 3-flat that they rent out on Air BNB exclusively and make bank.

At first glance, I didn't notice there is another car parked on the other side of the street...his side of the street. It blended in with his car.

Do you know whose car that is?
No idea who owns that car.  It's the city so there's a lot of traffic and cars that park to go to a restaurant, bar etc.  The only reason I noticed his car is because of the size etc.  Honestly, I know my neighbor drives a small BMW and another drives a white box.  That's about it.

Your beef is not with your neighbor. It's with the city, for failing to put up the signage marking that part of the road as being reserved for you to park. Come to think of it, that entire road is your private driveway, correct?

So re-looked at the truck. The lift looks awful with those rims and tires however that truck is an 2009 dodge 2500 with the 5.9 diesel. Truck is in great shape. See if he's interested in selling said truck to this FBG. Win - win. 

If if that doesn't work sleep with his nanny. 

He's a really nice guy and it's possible he's been parking there for the last month because he knows my family is out of town and I don't park there.  Not saying that's definitely the case but certainly a possibility.  

If he's still parking there when we all get back, I will mention something and I am sure it will get solved amicably.

No idea who owns that car.  It's the city so there's a lot of traffic and cars that park to go to a restaurant, bar etc.  The only reason I noticed his car is because of the size etc.  Honestly, I know my neighbor drives a small BMW and another drives a white box.  That's about it.
City?! You have absolutely no right to complain where anyone parks. It's a free for all, just like here.

Buy a beater and have it painted pink with rainbows all over it and park it in front of his house permanently.

Or, you know, just say something like, "Hey, I know sometimes there are randoms parked on our street and you can't park in front of your own house, and that's fine if you park in front of mine in those situations, but can you please not leave it here for a month at a time.  The wife parks her grocery grabber there usually, it makes it a lot easier for our servants to not have to carry the crates of escargot as far.  Thanks man."

City?! You have absolutely no right to complain where anyone parks. It's a free for all, just like here.

1)  Banana in tailpipe

2) Sugar in gas tank

Hire it done.

Two houses ago I had a neighbor who parked his rusted out truck on the side of my house and leave it there for weeks/months (corner lot- he was on opposite side) while his driveway was empty. They were hoarders and there were many other issues between us. I let the air out of two of his tires when I had been drinking and called the county to report a disabled vehicle (my neighbor was a LEO and gave me the idea). They ticketed the truck and 7 days later towed it. 

Two houses ago I had a neighbor who parked his rusted out truck on the side of my house and leave it there for weeks/months (corner lot- he was on opposite side) while his driveway was empty. They were hoarders and there were many other issues between us. I let the air out of two of his tires when I had been drinking and called the county to report a disabled vehicle (my neighbor was a LEO and gave me the idea). They ticketed the truck and 7 days later towed it. 

You are awesome.  Seriously.

Great move.  #### that guy.

Not looking to start a war but I'd have probably done if in your position.

You inferred it but I didn't imply it.  I'd say something because we are neighbors and friends and I'd want to know if I were annoying him and could change it without causing myself any pain.
Technically, you implied your wife think she owns it.

Technically, you implied your wife think she owns it.
No, I didn't.  I said he's probably not doing anything illegal.  But here's a pro tip:  just because something is legal doesn't mean that you should still do it.  There are plenty of legal things I avoid doing because they're not neighborly.  One of those things is parking your rig in front of your neighbor's house for a month or more.  Probably legal but not neighborly.

No, I didn't.  I said he's probably not doing anything illegal.  But here's a pro tip:  just because something is legal doesn't mean that you should still do it.  There are plenty of legal things I avoid doing because they're not neighborly.  One of those things is parking your rig in front of your neighbor's house for a month or more.  Probably legal but not neighborly.
Of course you did:

this hasn't been an issue for me yet but it will when my wife gets back to town and isn't able to park in front of our house.

I'd ask him to see if he could park it on the other side of the street as every week when the brinks truck pulls up in front of your house to bring all your cash to the bank it gets tight on the street.  If he doesn't comply then late one night put a big confederate flag on his truck and see how that plays out.

What part of Chicago are you in?  I live in the west loop.  I'm happy to park my car within 3 blocks of my house as it's hard to find spots.  Is it different where you are at to the point it's easy for him to park in front of his place, or does in front of your house just happen to be where spots have been open for him?

Users who are viewing this thread