What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mixed drinks (1 Viewer)

Old fashioned guys - how do you make yours? I looked online and got confused by the various methods.

Oh and G+T for me (43)
Makers/Herman Marshal Rye if I can get it.

Simple syrup (I eyeball it)

Ango bitters (couple dashes)

LUXARDO cherry (no maraschino), orange peel (not slice)

If no luxardo cherries.. no cherry.

Old Fashioned's and G&T for me - 39.
About two years ago I discovered Luxardo cherries. Pricey, but worth every penny. Holy crap they're good. Completely agree with you on them vs. a maraschino.
Luxardo cherries are maraschino cherries. They are just really good ones.

Luxardo cherries for the win! For old fashioneds, if you don't consistently have a jar of Luxardo cherries at your disposal, buying a bottle of Luxardo Sangue Morlacco isn't a bad bet. Think of it as a boozy version of the juice in a tin of Luxardo cherries. A little bit added to an old fashioned (watch your simple syrup though) goes a long way.

Luxardo cherries for the win! For old fashioneds, if you don't consistently have a jar of Luxardo cherries at your disposal, buying a bottle of Luxardo Sangue Morlacco isn't a bad bet. Think of it as a boozy version of the juice in a tin of Luxardo cherries. A little bit added to an old fashioned (watch your simple syrup though) goes a long way.
Years ago I had a boss that got me on Manhattans. Glad I didn't stick with that trend for too long. Pretty much an Old Fashioned with sweet vermouth.

Will kick yer ###.

My favorite is bourbon on the rocks. I'll call that a mixed drink since it's mixed with ice. Second favorite is a vodka martini. Third is vodka with lemon/lime seltzer water w/ a lime.

Old fashioned guys - how do you make yours? I looked online and got confused by the various methods.

Oh and G+T for me (43)
When my daughter was bartending she made them from scratch, Muddling a sugar cube with bitters an orange peel and maybe a little cherry juice, I'm not sure on that tho. Add a couple oz of Brandy and top with 7Up. They were spectacular.

I just bought a mix which is pretty good. Otherwise you can use Simple Syrup, bitters brandy and 7up.

A guy I work with uses ginger brandy and he says they're great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying a Dean Paloma

Bourbon

Fresh lime juice

Grapefruit juice

Splash of ginger ale

Serve poolside in Cancun

Making cocktails for a little pre-dinner party

Brown Derby

2 oz 4 Roses

2 oz fresh grapefruit juice

1/2 oz honey simple syrup

Shake with ice, garnish with grapefruit rind and serve in a coupe.

That's how it's done fellas.

Been on a Moscow Mule kick lately ... Really great drink.

Ice

~ 1.5 oz Your choice vodka (I prefer Titos)

~ a half fresh squeezed lime

Top with ginger beer

Use copper mug or tumbler type glass.

Great hangover drink as well due to the ginger beer.

33, old fashioned is my go to drink.
My wife fell in love again with Old Fashioneds when we were at her folks in Green Bay for Christmas. Does anyone have a good, easy recipe for them, using the midwest style. (I understand they are different, and better there.)

TIA

Ilov80s said:
Making cocktails for a little pre-dinner party

Brown Derby

2 oz4 Roses

2 oz fresh grapefruit juice

1/2 oz honey syrup

Shake with ice, garnish with grapefruit rind and serve in a coupe.

That's how it's done fellas.
Yep. Bourbon and fresh Grapefruit juice make great cocktails

Oh and G+T for me (43)
When my daughter was bartending she made them from scratch, Muddling a sugar cube with bitters an orange peel and maybe a little cherry juice, I'm not sure on that tho. Add a couple oz of Brandy and top with 7Up. They were spectacular.

I just bought a mix which is pretty good. Otherwise you can use Simple Syrup, bitters brandy and 7up.

A guy I work with uses ginger brandy and he says they're great.
7Up in an Old Fashioned?

Been on a Moscow Mule kick lately ... Really great drink.

Ice

~ 1.5 oz Your choice vodka (I prefer Titos)

~ a half fresh squeezed lime

Top with ginger beer

Use copper mug or tumbler type glass.

Great hangover drink as well due to the ginger beer.
:goodposting:

Try this variation some time that I learned at a local restaurant. Get some fresh mint and muddle the lime and mint together. Great twist - I made these New Years and everybody loved them. I got to serve them in my new copper mugs my wife bought me for Xmas. Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread