What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2018 (3 Viewers)

Not having much luck on FD cheapies today.  Cashing on DK though.  

Tonight is junk, so just throwing in a couple 25cent entries.  For one I went game theory and stacked Balt figuring they would be low owned and Tanaka would be the highest owned SP.  The other one I just went with Tanaka, and jammed in the most ISO I could:  Tanaka - JMart - Gennett - Bryant - DeJong- Stanton - C.**** - Duvall - C.Davis

My plan if I get home in time to do it is to stack the CIN/PIT game in GPP and hope that game is higher scoring than the Yankees game I assume everyone else will be on. 

Well, Paxton gave up a couple and something else happened that made everybody scream past me in the cash contest, so looking like and 0-fer on both sites today on the early slate.  Maybe something will come out of the stuff I slapped together for tonight.  

My plan if I get home in time to do it is to stack the CIN/PIT game in GPP and hope that game is higher scoring than the Yankees game I assume everyone else will be on. 
:lmao: I was racing the clock and this kind of got away from me and I have this lineup tonight, only in the one big $5 contest in DraftKings thankfully (didn't realize the NYY game was an earlier start).

Lester/Wainwright/Molina/Votto/Harrison/Freese/DeJong/Duvall/Marte/Polanco

:sigh:  Looking like lovely weather again tonight.  

I was thinking about doing something in the all-day slate and fading Coors and hammering that Tort/Tex game or Cubs.   I know it's Coors, but it's also 40degrees with the wind blowing in.  

@Northern Voice - how scary is it to be looking at putting a decent % of my hard earned $ on your Jays tonight in my LUs?.  

One podcast I was listening to just said to throw in McCullers, 3-4 Jays and work out the rest for cash.  

My placeholder cash LU for FD right now is McCullers Rizzo D.Travis Beltre Didi Trout Reddick Pearce Pillar.  I don't think I will use both those OFs, but will peak at batting orders when they come out and adjust.  Dropping down from Pillar to somebody like Mancini might get me a 3B upgrade, but probably not.    

@Northern Voice - how scary is it to be looking at putting a decent % of my hard earned $ on your Jays tonight in my LUs?.  

One podcast I was listening to just said to throw in McCullers, 3-4 Jays and work out the rest for cash.  

My placeholder cash LU for FD right now is McCullers Rizzo D.Travis Beltre Didi Trout Reddick Pearce Pillar.  I don't think I will use both those OFs, but will peak at batting orders when they come out and adjust.  Dropping down from Pillar to somebody like Mancini might get me a 3B upgrade, but probably not.    
I was listening on Sirius this AM and they liked the Jays/Rangers game (both sides) as well - they were saying similar to you - lots of values in the game let you pay up for McCullers. I like Pearce a lot against lefties, I think Morales might be sneaky value as well. Historically the Jays do hit lefties very well and Moore isn't a stud, so it makes sense. 

I guess a concern might be if you were listening to a podcast and I was hearing on the radio, it might be a pretty popular strategy tonight, maybe better for cash stuff than big tourneys?

I was listening on Sirius this AM and they liked the Jays/Rangers game (both sides) as well - they were saying similar to you - lots of values in the game let you pay up for McCullers. I like Pearce a lot against lefties, I think Morales might be sneaky value as well. Historically the Jays do hit lefties very well and Moore isn't a stud, so it makes sense. 

I guess a concern might be if you were listening to a podcast and I was hearing on the radio, it might be a pretty popular strategy tonight, maybe better for cash stuff than big tourneys?
I just looked, and the rain odds dropped, so now it's just 81 and humid in Tex.   It also looks like it now has the highest o/u on the day - bigger than Coors now.  

I struggle with the cash vs. gpp thing still.  I do think Toronto players + McCullers will a big cash play today.   IMO you can still play that in gpps, but you might want to get weirder other places.   gpp ideas I had for Toronto were:  McCullers +  bottom of the order Jays stack like Pearce, Grichuk, Martin, Pillar.   Pivot to a SP like Hendricks at the same price to McCullers and play cash guys, or go super cheap SP like Bridwell and jam stud Jays plus guys like Judge, Altuve, whatever.  

Other gpp ideas I was staring at:  Balt (has good BvP vs. CC, especially Jones and Manny), bottom of the order Houston Lefties, NY Lefties,  Cubs stack, Angels stack.  

If I have a good # of Toronto players in my DK and FD cash LUs, will probably do mostly other stuff besides them in gpps.  (I throw my cash LU in a cheap gpp anyway). 

@KarmaPolice, might be a good day to use your Oak bats, I'm thinking Bridwell for gpp tonight with hou,Tor,Pitt bats.
Don't you encourage me too ;).  

I did see that Olson has the highest HR odds and K.Davis the 7th highest.  Of course I have them written down most nights.  I think Olson will be a big pivot for me off Smoak and Rizzo who I would think will be higher owned.  

J.Aguilar was one of my boys last year in gpps (of course had him last night) , and another one might be up tonight in D.Robinson if he plays for Tex.  I am thinking about a Robinson-Choo-Gallo gpp dart. 

I've used an Oak stack 3 times so far when they supposedly had great matchups. I cashed twice but it was more in spite of them than because of them.
Like I said, there are 3 teams that on paper have all the power in the world that I get sucked into, but suck it up a lot b/c they K so much:

Oak, SD, Milw

I wish I knew how to quit them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at BvP quick and Judge has 3 HRs off Gaussman in 12 at bats.  :lol:   I hate playing that guy though.  He and Harper always make me pull my hair out.  

:bag:

Is this new, or have you always been able to have a SP + 4bats from the same team?  For some reason I thought it was 4 players max from a team, so if I did a SP I just put in 3 bats.

Pearce leading off, Travis at 9.  So much for that in cash.  

I assume a cheap idea at 2B is Zobrist leading off. 

Rizzo showed as starting, now scratched.  I love the Cubs with him and Happ in there, but neither are playing now.

Was out shopping and was a little rushed with my DK cash LU, so hopefully I didn't botch it too badly.  

I am surprised at the # of LUs (of course they are at the top now) with combos like CC + Williams or Castillo + Williams in cash.  Seems seems risky since the Pitts game had some of the worst predicted weather, so a midgame shutdown was a possibility, but also why pass up on McCullers?

Good start to the night on FD cash with Gardner and Manny.  

I rolled with:  McCullers Smoak Zobrist Beltre Manny Trout Reddick Pearce Gardner

Unfortunately, I did that thing I do where I want to spread out the love on the sites, so instead of Manny on DK I rolled with Donaldson and Didi.  

Ugh. The Cubs SP and his negative points will be losing all my money for me on DK.  Picked him over Estrada since I thought Texas would score some with the Jays, and the Brewers K so much.  

Oh, and WTF is up with Pitts this year? I had 0% of them tonight b/c I read that was the game most in risk of getting the ppd.

I had no business even getting 1/2 my $ back in DK cash with a SP getting negative points, but K.Calhoun's steal late in that game put me right at the cut off in my 50/50s.  Was about a point away in my 2xs.  

I actually like a few of the SPs on the main slate today so I will throw something together.  Darvish, Bauer, Gray, Greinke, Gio all look like options. 

ETA:  Should say that I like it on DK more today because they have 8 games and include the Chic/Milw game and KC/Clev game and open up having Darvish and Bauer.   Those two and Gray are all basically the same price, so I like combining those guys.  Gray might have to go awhile since they exhausted the bullpen yesterday in the extra innings game.  

The usual teams look like the early plays today - NY, Wash, Cleveland, Cubs.  I will probably try to use mostly them in the couple cash LUs I cobbled together.  

big entry gpp ideas:  Seattle (of course), TB, Mets, Balt, Det/W.Sox game stack.  

Best BvP were B.Miller, Gardner and Didi, K.Bryant.   Not quite as good as those 4, but the Mets showed up as having some success vs. Gio - Cesp, Bruce and Reyes 

Don't think I am going to bother much with night side.  Pretty trash SP options and a Coors game.  Probably throw 50 cents at a couple gpps fading Coors, but I am not going to think about it much.

I have a special talent at gpps.  I had nice fat 5 man Philly stack that went right around the 2 dudes with grand slams.  

I also had 3 Seattle LUs, and paired them with 0s all over the place.  

I couldn't imagine having more than 25cents or $1 on these LUs.  I can laugh it off when it's a quarter.  

Going to go Raging Weasel style and throw in a couple cheap 3man/5mans on both sites.  

Right now I have:  FD = Clevinger Santana Gennett Bryant Marte Delmonico Betts JD Mart Votto

DK I am going more Houst/Clev:  Morton/J.Mont  Knapp Encarn Walker Bregman Correa Brantley Ozuna Reddick

Also will toss in a couple 25centers for fun.  

Good luck to everybody playing today! 

Users who are viewing this thread