What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock First - UPDATED 4/24 (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Trades will happen, but I don't have a strong feeling about any particular trade and don't want to throw the draft off too much

1. Houston - Reggie Bush, RB, USC - Maybe there's something to this Mario Williams talk. Maybe the Texans are smarting from passing on Williams when his name was Julius Peppers. I still think at the end of the day, Bush is the kind of player you can not pass on. I think they would be open to a trade, but no one has the incentive to pay the steep price to move because of the depth of the elite tier in this draft. 4/24: Negotiations have begun between the Texans and both Reggie Bush and Mario Williams.

2. New Orleans - D'brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia - Mario Williams may well be the #2 prospect in this draft, but to me, Ferguson makes sense to protect the Saints investment in Drew Brees. Williams would not completely shock me, but I dont buy it. A pick of a QB would be deja vu for Brees. 4/24: Mario or D'Brick. Whichever they pass on should end up in NY.

3. Tennessee - Matt Leinart, QB, USC - I dont think the Titans have an incentive to move up if they really are that split between the three QBs. I wouldnt be shocked to see one of the others, but I really like the idea of the high first round QB having a coordinator that he has already flourished with. There's no ramp up, they can get to work from day one. If the Titans are serious about starting their rookie this year, it better be Leinart.

4. NY Jets - Mario Williams, DE, NC State- It will be a real boon to Eric Mangini if this prototype falls to #4. In most drafts, he's an easy top 3 pick and possibly #1. They need a QB, but Williams arguably has even more value in Mangini's hybrid scheme because he is so well suited for multiple roles. 4/24: Mario or D'Brick here, with Leinart a possibility if Tennessee takes Young.

5. Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State - Like New York, Green Bay should feel lucky to get a player of this caliber in a rare down year. Hawk is a can't miss prospect, the Reggie Bush of linebackers. He is a perfect tonic for the Packers defense. 4/24: a Packers homer I know is predicting a trade down.

6. San Francisco - Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland - Usually you take a top WR prospect in the second year for your franchise QB. With no A+ WR to take here, the 49ers take a guy with the talent to have that kind of impact, but just at the TE position instead. I wouldnt argue with Michael Huff here, I am that high on him.

7. Oakland - Vince Young, QB, Texas - Add Oakland to the list of big winners if Young falls to them. The freewheeling style of offense that Al Davis seems to prefer will be good for Young's playing style. No knock on Andrew Walter, but he hasnt done anything yet, and Aaron Brooks is just keeping the position warm for someone else. I don't think Young gets past them.

8. Buffalo - Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida St - Justice and Huff make sense, too. Ngata has gone from the consensus pick early to a less likely pick. I think he could work in a cover 2, but Bunkley is more ideal. The need is immediate, although you could argue that it was immediate on the offensive line too. Im really left to flip a coin between Bunkley and Justice when I ponder this pick.

9. Detroit - Michael Huff, S, Texas - I don't see anyone on the roster than can effectively patrol the deep middle in the tampa 2. Having Huff play centerfield will allow a more aggressive mindset on D, much the same way Ed Reed and to a lesser extent, Sean Taylor operate in their defenses. Cutler could be the pick. Justice is also a possibility here.

10. Arizona - Winston Justice, OT, USC - 4/24: With some prompting from others I've shifted to seeing the line as a bigger need than a QB of the future here.

11. St. Louis - Tye Hill, DB, Clemson - 4/24: I had Jimmy Williams here, but questions about his character are persisting, and Hill is a very solid pick. Besides, Torry Holt wants them to take Hill, and how can you disagree with him?

12. Cleveland - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon - The Browns should be elated if they land this ideal 3-4 NT. There are some nice OLBs on the board here, but there should be some nice prospects left when the Browns pick later on the first day.

13. Baltimore - Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt - 4/24 - now that Justice is gone, I have the Ravens snapping up Cutler.

14. Philadelphia - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida - Ernie Sims looks good here too. WR and OLB have been neglected early in drafts by Philadelphia. The WR corps is looking anemic, and Reggie Brown is better suited to work the shorter stuff while his partner stretches the defense. I think Jackson is just the guy to do that. White would be the shocker.

15. Denver - Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NC State - Ok, this is my first "out there" pick. Im projecting the Broncos to have acquired Javon Walker. Although, even if they haven't, I'm not sure Holmes would be the pick here. Lawson can work as a 4-3 end with just modest weight gain. Jason Taylor has been successful with a similar body type. He would be an instant boost to their pass rush.

16. Miami - Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech - 4/24: The secondary badly needs some help. Considered a possible top 10 pick, Williams falls into the Dolphins lap because of questions about his personality and character

17. Minnesota - Ernie Sims, LB, Florida St - He will be a coup for Minnesota if he lasts this long. He can be the disruptive force the Vikings need in their LB corps now that they are implementing the cover 2. I dont blame them if they trade this pick for Schaub, but Sims being there would make it harder.

18. Dallas - Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio St - A pick that has made sense for a while. An OLB really seems like the perfect junction of value and need at 18 and at least one of Lawson and Carpenter should be here.

19. San Diego - Johnathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina - Much like the Dolphins, the Chargers just need some guys who can cover in their secondary. Joseph is a burner with huge upside and like Hill, could contribute in some packages right away.

20. Kansas City - Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio St - 4/24: KC needs an heir to Kennison. Holmes fits the role well and should be there at #20.

21. New England - Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno St - New England is the hardest team to get a read on. They hit with a Bulldog last year, why not go back to the well?

22. San Francisco - DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis - I think the 49ers know they dont have a long term answer at RB on the roster. they saw enough of Williams at the Senior Bowl to know that he could be that guy.

23. Tampa Bay -Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn - 4/24: Tampa needs to restock at OT. The two elite options will be long gone, but McNeill's upside is almost as massive as his frame and worth a late first as long as his spinal condition is not seen as a long term issue.

24. Cincinnati - Donte Whitner, S, Ohio St - 4/24: I was not aware when I wrote this last week of Jason Allen's failed physicals. Whitner is a very solid pick and would be the best safety in a lot of drafts

25. NY Giants - Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida St - 4/24 - now that Giants have Arrington, Im not sure that LB is as pressing of a need as CB.

26. Chicago - Ashton Youbuty, CB, Ohio St - Vasher and Tillman are not as good as their highlights would lead you to believe. They need depth at CB as Azumah is no longer with the team. Theyre lucky to be looking CB in a draft deep with first round talents at the position. His hard-nosed style will fit in perfectly with the Bears. 4/24 - I had changed this pick to Sinorice Moss after the Manning offer sheet, but now with his legal troubles, Im not so sure.

27. Carolina - LenDale White, RB, USC - The heir to Stephen Davis. Why not? He compliments Foster perfectly and gives them a sick two headed running attack. Foster has not made it through a full season yet and it would be foolish to assume he'll consistently do it at any point in his career. He's more valuable if he is preserved by sharing duty with a power RB. I like this marriage.

28. Jacksonville - Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa - 4/24: Had Ryans here, but now that I dont have the Giants taking Greenway, I think he goes here instead of Ryans.

29. NY Jets - Daryn Colledge, OL, Boise ST - Colledge is a versatile solid offensive lineman who can play either tackle position and guard and will provide immediate depth. Maroney would work here too. 4/24 - Maroney here if the Jets end up D'Brick at 4.

30. Indianapolis - Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota - Consider Indy another big winner in the first if this junction of need, talent, and value come together. Maroney is not polished in blocking or receiving, but he's a talented runner who should feast on the defenses pre-occupied by Peyton Manning.

31. Seattle - Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami - Kelly Herndon is not a long term answer at CB. Yeah the cornerback class is talented enough to get to get seven in the first round. Its a need position for a lot of teams.

32. Pittsburgh - Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee - 4/24 - I would love to see Jackson here, but Allen fits a need perfectly and I think he's a Steelers kind of guy. The Steelers showed last year that they're willing to take a player with current medical issues (Heath Miller couldnt work out pre-draft because of a hernia)

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at this I just realized that I left Donte Whitner out. He should be a first rounder. A guard or two could easily make it in. Mangold is a first round talent. Winston and McNeill are very solid tackle prospects worth a late first to a team in need. Kamerion Wimbley could easily be the pick at 18 instead of Carpenter and is worth a first to a 3-4 team.

Its hard to mock the first without leaving out someone you feel strongly will be a first rounder. You may say, how do these guys fall out of the first? I may agree with you even though I left them out.

looking at this I just realized that I left Donte Whitner out. He should be a first rounder. A guard or two could easily make it in. Mangold is a first round talent. Winston and McNeill are very solid tackle prospects worth a late first to a team in need. Kamerion Wimbley could easily be the pick at 18 instead of Carpenter and is worth a first to a 3-4 team.

Its hard to mock the first without leaving out someone you feel strongly will be a first rounder. You may say, how do these guys fall out of the first? I may agree with you even though I left them out.
Appreciate the effort. It's just such a deep draft. I think Youboty is out of the first round.

The "out there" Lawson pick makes sense to me.

I sense, just from Ridgelake and Cowboy sites that Wimbley is very high on their chart. Parcells has history with the Carpenter family, but I doubt that matters. As a Cowboy fan, I prefer Wimbley, and that is influencing me too.

I'm hook line and sinker for the Mario Williams bait in New Orleans. Holy smokes, I saw film of him last night that was a little mind boggling. He looked like a 300 pound Lawrence Taylor. I read at one of the draft forums that Grant will be dealt or moved to tackle.

Colledge was a surprise. But then the Mario thing has me expecting D'Brick or a QB with the Jets.

I have a strange feeling Cutler is in for a tumble. Could be paranoia after hyping him. I like the Justice idea in AZ better though. Actually I like Justice just about anywhere in the top ten at this point.

Greenway and Ryans are two of the toughest to place. They could go anywhere in a 30 pick window starting around 15.

I'm close to convinced SF is after DeAngelo. It isn't going over well on SF boards, but I think they're overlooking how sincere the admiration seemed. I think VD and DW would just be an awesome first round for a team with a pup at QB and a terrible defense.

The Bunkley pick didn't surprise me, but he seems to be falling not climbing in the expert mocks, and I'm curious to know why Rang listed him as a character downgrade. Sluething has provided nothing but unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo about steroids.

I just keep having a hard time seeing the Raiders taking Vince Young unless it's strictly a move to put butts in the seats. Davis and the Raiders have never used high picks on quarterbacks and I can't see Al having the patience to wait two to three years to groom a top 7 pick.

I don't think Cromartie makes it to the Chargers at 19, and if he does, they'll take him. They had him in for a workout in Diego on May 9th, and he's exactly what they need provided the Chargers feel he's recovered fully.

I just keep having a hard time seeing the Raiders taking Vince Young unless it's strictly a move to butts in the seats. Davis and the Raiders have never used high picks on quarterbacks and I can't see Al having the patience to wait two to three years to groom a top 7 pick.
Yeah, I feel like the Raiders already have their QB of the future, and Brooks is obviously their guy now. I think the Raiders will go defense early - either taking a Tackle or Huff.

Nice mock Bloom - I think you're right in that there is going to be a run on corners in the 2nd half of the first round.

I don't get why Carolina would go for Lendell White. They drafted Shelton last year to be the short yardage back, and they gave Foster a 3 year deal.

I can see an Outside line backer or a Defensive Tackle to protect against another injurt to Jenkins. At this point in your draft that would be Ryans and Thomas Howard at OLB and Wroten at Defensive Tackle.

As a niner fan, that would be an awesome draft. Even though they should draft a LB with the 22nd pick.

Appreciate the effort. It's just such a deep draft. I think Youboty is out of the first round.

The "out there" Lawson pick makes sense to me.

I sense, just from Ridgelake and Cowboy sites that Wimbley is very high on their chart. Parcells has history with the Carpenter family, but I doubt that matters. As a Cowboy fan, I prefer Wimbley, and that is influencing me too.

I'm hook line and sinker for the Mario Williams bait in New Orleans. Holy smokes, I saw film of him last night that was a little mind boggling. He looked like a 300 pound Lawrence Taylor. I read at one of the draft forums that Grant will be dealt or moved to tackle.

Colledge was a surprise. But then the Mario thing has me expecting D'Brick or a QB with the Jets.

I have a strange feeling Cutler is in for a tumble. Could be paranoia after hyping him. I like the Justice idea in AZ better though. Actually I like Justice just about anywhere in the top ten at this point.

Greenway and Ryans are two of the toughest to place. They could go anywhere in a 30 pick window starting around 15.

I'm close to convinced SF is after DeAngelo. It isn't going over well on SF boards, but I think they're overlooking how sincere the admiration seemed. I think VD and DW would just be an awesome first round for a team with a pup at QB and a terrible defense.

The Bunkley pick didn't surprise me, but he seems to be falling not climbing in the expert mocks, and I'm curious to know why Rang listed him as a character downgrade. Sluething has provided nothing but unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo about steroids.
good feedback... what is informing your idea that youbuty is out of the first- his tendency to give up the big play?Wimbley works over Carpenter for Dallas, i debated between the two. Carpenter would certainly become a candidate for NE, SF and PIT at that point.

I can roll with the idea of Mario to the Saints. He is that good. Flip flop him and D'brick, Colledge falls out of the first... Maroney at 29?

Cutler shouldnt get past 16/17 in any scenario, which is not that severe of a tumble.

I don't get why Carolina would go for Lendell White. They drafted Shelton last year to be the short yardage back, and they gave Foster a 3 year deal.

I can see an Outside line backer or a Defensive Tackle to protect against another injurt to Jenkins. At this point in your draft that would be Ryans and Thomas Howard at OLB and Wroten at Defensive Tackle.
With the signings of Maake and Keith Adams (plus Trgovac has said they are moving Davis to OLB), I'd be very surprised if they looked in either of these directions in the first round. The fact of the matter is they really have no glaring "needs" besides depth. I'd look for the to take the BPA throughout the draft with an emphasis on RB, TE, LB, and OL in the first 4 rounds. If they think Lendale is the BPA available there, they will take him.

Amen to that. I had a hell of a time with that both in doing my mocks and in the NFL.com draft contest. What a deep draft.

I like it. A lot. Hard to argue with any of those picks. The players hardest to project are the corners/safeties and Jay Cutler. As far as the former goes, you're better off simply projecting "corner/safety of the team's choice".

On a tangent note, I'm starting to think that if the Packers actually do trade away Walker that they could end up drafting Vernon Davis to entice Favre to return. Wouldn't that mix things up? :stirspot:

Also, I'm not sure that the Patriots are looking to pick a corner in the 1st as Randall Gay is coming back from injury and Ellis Hobbes played pretty well as a rookie last year. Plus they added Eric Warfield for depth.

I could see them taking Whitner if they think Harrison isn't recovered from injury.

The Cardinals will not take Jay Cutler if Winston Justice is still available. In fact, I doubt the Cardinals take Cutler period. I can think of 10 players on their draft board ahead of Cutler.

Bush

Williams

Ferguson

Young

Leinart

Hawk

Huff

Davis

Justice

Bunkley/Ngata

The Cards are looking for Vince Young to fall or one of the other QBs they can get in the second or third round. And Cutler doesn't have a quick release at all. That's one of the big knocks on him, that he winds up before he throws.

The Cardinals will not take Jay Cutler if Winston Justice is still available. In fact, I doubt the Cardinals take Cutler period. I can think of 10 players on their draft board ahead of Cutler.
I can see Justice as the pick, but they cant honestly be depending on Warner for the long haul, and they really have nothing too promising on the roster after him.

The Cardinals will not take Jay Cutler if Winston Justice is still available.  In fact, I doubt the Cardinals take Cutler period.  I can think of 10 players on their draft board ahead of Cutler.
I can see Justice as the pick, but they cant honestly be depending on Warner for the long haul, and they really have nothing too promising on the roster after him.
Denny Green isn't going to worry about the long haul. If he doesn't win soon, he gets canned and someone else can worry about the QB of the Future. He needs to win in the next two years, and Cutler won't help him do that.This is the second post I have had disagreeing with you, so I feel the need to be fair and balanced. Thanks for all the hard work, and there is a lot more I agree with than disagree with.

The Cardinals will not take Jay Cutler if Winston Justice is still available.  In fact, I doubt the Cardinals take Cutler period.  I can think of 10 players on their draft board ahead of Cutler.
Denny Green isn't going to worry about the long haul. If he doesn't win soon, he gets canned and someone else can worry about the QB of the Future. He needs to win in the next two years, and Cutler won't help him do that.This is the second post I have had disagreeing with you, so I feel the need to be fair and balanced. Thanks for all the hard work, and there is a lot more I agree with than disagree with.
No please disagree. I dont have a crystal ball. I dont have war rooms bugged. Im just making educated guesses. There's all kinds of variables, its like the space shuttle - if one early pick is off, the whole thing can fall apart. I know all 32 teams, but there are at least a few (if not more) people that know each team better than I do on this board. The point of the mocks is to spur discussion (and blow off some anticipation steam). Feedback always welcome, positive or negative.

I like it. A lot. Hard to argue with any of those picks. The players hardest to project are the corners/safeties and Jay Cutler. As far as the former goes, you're better off simply projecting "corner/safety of the team's choice".

On a tangent note, I'm starting to think that if the Packers actually do trade away Walker that they could end up drafting Vernon Davis to entice Favre to return. Wouldn't that mix things up? :stirspot:
I am not certain that Thompson wants Favre to return. Regardless, he won't deviate from a long term plan to make that happen. Walker will be traded.
Also, I'm not sure that the Patriots are looking to pick a corner in the 1st as Randall Gay is coming back from injury and Ellis Hobbes played pretty well as a rookie last year. Plus they added Eric Warfield for depth.

I could see them taking Whitner if they think Harrison isn't recovered from injury.
I remember seeing something after the draft two years ago that Belicheck was high on Ahmad Carrol and he really liked his speed and toughness. Hill seems like a very similar player to me, so if he is still there, it wouldn't shock me to see that direction. However, I agree that secondary help is not a need. What are the chances of everyone in the secondary getting hurt for the 3rd straight year?I can see them looking OL to replace some of the losses they have had along that position. If they do, I probably wont have heard of him, and he will probably start all 16 games and win rookie of the year.

I like it.  A lot.  Hard to argue with any of those picks.  The players hardest to project are the corners/safeties and Jay Cutler.  As far as the former goes, you're better off simply projecting "corner/safety of the team's choice".

On a tangent note, I'm starting to think that if the Packers actually do trade away Walker that they could end up drafting Vernon Davis to entice Favre to return.  Wouldn't that mix things up? :stirspot:
I am not certain that Thompson wants Favre to return. Regardless, he won't deviate from a long term plan to make that happen. Walker will be traded.

I remember seeing something after the draft two years ago that Belicheck was high on Ahmad Carrol and he really liked his speed and toughness. Hill seems like a very similar player to me, so if he is still there, it wouldn't shock me to see that direction. However, I agree that secondary help is not a need. What are the chances of everyone in the secondary getting hurt for the 3rd straight year?I can see them looking OL to replace some of the losses they have had along that position. If they do, I probably wont have heard of him, and he will probably start all 16 games and win rookie of the year.
I was this close to putting Colledge in for the Pats, but in the end decided it was too similar to the Mankins pick last year. If the Pats follow form, it will be somewhat of a surprise pick and hard to anticipate based on needs.

I was this close to putting Colledge in for the Pats, but in the end decided it was too similar to the Mankins pick last year. If the Pats follow form, it will be somewhat of a surprise pick and hard to anticipate based on needs.
Nick Kaczur started more games at tackle than any other rookie last year. He wasn't lights out, but he was good enough and should be better this year after the year of experience.

Bloom, any chance Joseph Addai sneaks into the first round? I could see Pitt or Indy taking him if Maroney gets drafted earleir.

Bloom, any chance Joseph Addai sneaks into the first round? I could see Pitt or Indy taking him if Maroney gets drafted earleir.
I could see Indy grabbing him for sure if Maroney is not there. Pitt, Im not so sure about. Jets early pick in the 2nd could make sense.

I could see Indy grabbing him for sure if Maroney is not there. Pitt, Im not so sure about. Jets early pick in the 2nd could make sense.
I dig. I read that Addai is one of the best blocking RBs in the draft - so that's why I wondered if Indy would take him.

Word is that Harrison is recovering very nicely and they picked up Tebucky Jones for depth. I see the Pats either liking a specific RB or WR a bunch or taking a LB in the first round.2 scenarios

DeAngelo Williams

Maurice Stovall

or

Bobby Carpenter

Joseph Addai

A lot of picks that make a lot of sense, Bloom.

As a Cowboy fan, I'm having a hard time getting a clean read on their OLB order. My best guess at current is Wimbley 1a and Carpenter 1b. Lawson is 2. Wimbley is the better athelete. Carpenter the more experienced. And Parcells DOES value the family connection to his dad. Both Wimbley and Carpenter appear to be "football players".

Lawson is the enigma. He has all kinds of physical ability. But he's a little thin for the strongside at only ~245 lbs. At 6'5", he certainly has room to grow. And he will. But given Dallas' need for a SOLB, Wimbley and Carpenter fit that better. Lawson would be an excellent value at WOLB for a 3-4. But that's where Ware resides......

Overall, a lot of good picks, Bloom!. :goodjob:

The Cards are looking for Vince Young to fall or one of the other QBs they can get in the second or third round. And Cutler doesn't have a quick release at all. That's one of the big knocks on him, that he winds up before he throws.
Not trying to hijack, but you're wrong here. Cutler has about the quickest release you'll see. It's very tight with plenty of pop. His mechanical issues are all related to footwork. From the waste up, he's the best you'll see in this draft. Leinart is slow to deliver with a slight windup. That corrected, I agree with you. Justice before Cutler in AZ.

Andy, I knew you were going to want a link. I've been looking for it since I made the above post. Can't find it. I'm sure that I read that though. And it was from a reasonable source.

Andy, I knew you were going to want a link. I've been looking for it since I made the above post. Can't find it. I'm sure that I read that though. And it was from a reasonable source.
A quick google search shows some chatter about it on a couple of message boards, but that's about it.I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That was it, Bankerguy. Thank you for running that down. I was actually thinking it was ESPN. I checked Allen's draft page there. No deal. But the McShay article had it.

Thanks

been meaning to congratulate Bloom on his staff position, and i guess this is as good of a place as any.

:thumbup: :banned: :thumbup:

bout time!

keep up the good work Bloom.

Bush

Williams

Ferguson

Young

Leinart

Hawk

Huff

Davis

Justice

Bunkley/Ngata

The Cardinals won't take Jay Cutler beacuse he will already have been drafted :yes: ----by the NY Jets!

ONE LOUSY ROUND???!!! Bloom, you freakin' slacker!!! ;)

Well done, my friend. Sans the inevitable trades that will occur, most of your picks are well thought out and make sense... :thumbup:

...except that homer pick at 1.32!!! Here's to the 'skins moving up to snag the hometown boy (D'Quell) if he drops to the bottom quarter of the first round! :football:

Can't wait for next weekend, bro - we're going to have an awesome time in NYC at the Draft!!!

ONE LOUSY ROUND???!!! Bloom, you freakin' slacker!!! ;)

Well done, my friend. Sans the inevitable trades that will occur, most of your picks are well thought out and make sense... :thumbup:

...except that homer pick at 1.32!!! Here's to the 'skins moving up to snag the hometown boy (D'Quell) if he drops to the bottom quarter of the first round! :football:

Can't wait for next weekend, bro - we're going to have an awesome time in NYC at the Draft!!!
:suds:

While I think the Niners have bigger holes than rb to fill, it would not surprise me (nor upset me) were they to go Williams. With how much Nolan slobbered over him I'd likely be MORE surprised if he fell past them.

I suppose it's the Madden in me but I think (hope) somehow VY will go in the top five, thus leaving Hawk or Ferguson for the Niners. On one hand I can't imagine they would not take defensive help in the first, but on the other hand it'd be hard to pass up on those talents.

14. Philadelphia - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida - Ernie Sims looks good here too. WR and OLB have been neglected early in drafts by Philadelphia. The WR corps is looking anemic, and Reggie Brown is better suited to work the shorter stuff while his partner stretches the defense. I think Jackson is just the guy to do that. White would be the shocker.

Santonio Holmes will be the better of these two. He is a more polished route runner and has more speed to stretch the defense. Also, there is no way Bellichick passes on Deangelo Williams. No way.

Nice mock. Would love for Sims to fall to the Vikes. I heard some radio chatter last week about the Vikes being nervous regarding Sims' history with concussions. Not sure if this is real or smoke. A lot of talk about them being high on A. Hodge in the 2nd round.

Nice mock. Would love for Sims to fall to the Vikes. I heard some radio chatter last week about the Vikes being nervous regarding Sims' history with concussions. Not sure if this is real or smoke. A lot of talk about them being high on A. Hodge in the 2nd round.
Polamalu had concussion concerns too. I wouldnt worry about it.

Polamalu had concussion concerns too. I wouldnt worry about it.
Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread