What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My brother says Neil Peart is the greatest rock drummer ever (1 Viewer)

This thread makes me sad. I miss my brother.
I realize it's zero consolation and does nothing, but every time I see this thread I get a sick feeling in my stomach. It's so sad you lost your brother. My partner lost her 50yo brother and even after a couple of years it's still hard for her and her mom. I've given you so friendly natured crap over the years, but I absolutely hate that you lost your brother and that you have to live without him.
This thread stopped becoming about tim's brother years ago, because it was never meant about tim;s brother. It's all about tim, the most absolute narcissist in the FFA. Why do I say this? Because he used his brother as the topic in a discussion he still knows nothing about, doesn't care to, and to this day is so self centered that despite all the examples posted of what the art and dedication is to a very ancient and historical from the 16th century to the 21st, it's still all about tim.

tim is irrelevant here, and so is his brother.

I realize it's zero consolation and does nothing, but every time I see this thread I get a sick feeling in my stomach. It's so sad you lost your brother. My partner lost her 50yo brother and even after a couple of years it's still hard for her and her mom. I've given you so friendly natured crap over the years, but I absolutely hate that you lost your brother and that you have to live without him.
This thread stopped becoming about tim's brother years ago, because it was never meant about tim;s brother. It's all about tim, the most absolute narcissist in the FFA. Why do I say this? Because he used his brother as the topic in a discussion he still knows nothing about, doesn't care to, and to this day is so self centered that despite all the examples posted of what the art and dedication is to a very ancient and historical from the 16th century to the 21st, it's still all about tim.

Totally uncalled for - stop being a jerk.

This album won the Grammy for" Best Rock Instrumental" (back when record stores existed and really mattered when it came to the market). Drummer Richard Bailey was only 19 years old when on this produced by Sir George Martin. It's one thing to be only 19 years old and play with Jeff Beck. It's another thing to be the drummer on one of Jeff Beck's greatest albums ever, with George Martin and the London Symphony Orchestra, with every note you play in 6/8:

Totally uncalled for - stop being a jerk.
It's called for, this isn't about tim or his brother. It should be about Neil Peart and drummers.

It's up to tim to change the subject. But he had to remind everyone it's about tim. And not even about his own brother. Or drummers.

Edit: why didn't tim say he thought Peart was the greatest rock drummer ever?

and they the hell is tim still the FFA?

Edit: tim's a big boy now. let him speak for himself, instead of asking for sympathy in a thread he started using someone else.

Last edited:
Then we get into what is rock music according to tim's late brother, whose opinion is now a third rail even though tim's brother has never expressed his own opinion in this thread...
Steve Gadd, once again

Now, tim can't an will not speak to this because he had to use someone else as a proxy in a subject he absolutey knows nothing about. yet his thread is really about "My brother think Andy Warhol is the greatest artist ever" and then years later after many examples of other paintings says "all these examples of art after makes me sad" that followed only means that tim would poll at less than one percent in cross tabs on a subject he - or she, who knows who he or she is - is something the OP no longer cares to adrress unless it's abput the OP.

Again, if the OP choses to adress his own thread in a topic they had to not put thier own neck out in for the sake of standing here...

Then he or she will never undertsand this:

I can't fathom what would happen if my brother were to pass. He recently had to have a biopsy and I was on pins and needles for the guy and for me, I realized.

Sorry about your loss, tim. I hope somehow you find peace with his passing.

Dude, drummer. Start your own thread about drumming. This -- and your callousness towards tim's brother's death -- sucks eggs.

Listen to whoever you want, but I'd encourage listening to me. I have much more of a tolerance for you than most, and this is gross. Peace.

Dude, drummer. Start your own thread about drumming. This -- and your callousness towards tim's brother's death -- sucks eggs.

Listen to whoever you want, but I'd encourage listening to me. I have much more of a tolerance for you than most, and this is gross. Peace.
Well then tim should start a thread about his own brother instead of using drummers in place of it.

Edit: why the hell the his brother have anything to do with Neil Peart?

My late mother could sing like Diana Ross, who was her favorite singer. But I was like "here Mom, Sarah Vaughn". Should I had started a whole thread on this? No way. Because I am not like tim.

Dom Famularo passed away a couple of weeks ago, this a a person who will be missed more than I or someone's else's own brother here in the drumming community. I had one of his books when I was in high school. This thread should not be about one freaking drummer or someone's relative who either doesn't even play the drums. This topic years ago became irrelevant as soon as it was posted because a person who never played music started it. I have seen kids that can play, I saw a young girl as 14 play like Mel Lewis at the Village Vanguard in a high school band playing chart by Ron Carter. In a Big Band. I couldn't believe it, she brought her own cymbals that has a swish cymbal and when she she it it, it was Shelly Mann. I couldn't play like her at 14.

It was a gig I had to do sound in at UNR, where middle school to high school kids had to play challenging music in competition. All the teachers pushed their students, and it was awesome. Those kids loved to play, the stuff they had to play was not easy, and they killed it. I saw this one tiny kid on trumpet point the bell into the sky, playing every note like it was his last. He brought tears to my eyes.

I am a drummer. tim and his late brother aren't. But if tim has a problem with this...

Then let him deal with it.

Last edited:
I agree w/ @rockaction , and I used to be a drummer, please stop.
Why should I stop? Is this about tim? Or it **** about the drums?

Who the hell it tiim or his late brother when it comes to the drums or even Peart?

And since when has tim even shown any respect to the art of music?

Is tim a cult hero here?

Edit: "Used to be" is not how it works. "I used to be a drummer so therefore we can;t say anything about tim on a message board' is not about the drums.

It's about tim on a message board.

The funny thing is, and it''s always reflected the FFA here it that's it a cult of the few, it's not about art, pragmatism, politics, or otherwise that anyone can try to enlighten others here but...

But it's about about timschochet lolk.

Look tim, now it's between us.

I am a drummer, you're, what?

Meanwhile...

I mean people here are giving me **** about something that happened to somebody because it's somebody on a message board who said a falmily member said something about sonmeone his brother didn't know or really knew what that drummer had done, because years later they have both passed, but only one is the true topic even though there is only one drummer between the OP's topic who has passed, to which the OP still uses a family member in despite the fact that his family member never had a say in this subject, yet still uses him as a source of sympathy to his own topic that doesn't know anything about, even to point of getting the name of a drummer wrong.

Now there is nothing I can say to the few who say "Don't pick on tim or his late brother" in a topic that only tim remind us that he lost a family member (which I have had and I figure many others have since this thread started, but they aren't solely here for tim to remember since I have never asked to remember anyone whoh I knew since passed because even those who have passed before me would never try to publish a novel here, and what, it's been over 20 years since I joined here, I mean if you want to talk old, old old, legacy media. I logged into this forum in 2006.

In internet years, this argument might as well be "My great great great late grandfather said Gene Krupa was the greatest drummer ever, even though Chick Webb and Baby Dodds did that before him but there weren't white".

Edit: maybe we need ambassordors here:

The one way we can keep tim from inserting himself into this conversation going forward is actually having to contest - again I have lost family members since Tony Williams died, and had many friends call me the days he died, never had met him, yet seen him play. and knew I studied with him and was my hero - is that we have to take his brother who have never posted in this tread out of this. Am I making this personal? Sure, but I had been since he posted it.

But I challenge tim to this: this is not about your brother, since I don't care. Why? Because if this were about your brother, you would have ten to my ow here.

So now that this thread isn't about your brother and was never about him in the first place...

Tell me about this:

If you come back next year, be a lot more cool than this.

Users who are viewing this thread