What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Formal Apology to Jason Garrett (1 Viewer)

This game will be the 25th Anniversary of "The Bounty Bowl". It will be interesting to see if this gets covered pre-game, if at all. Hope it turns out similarly (Eagles won 27-0).

I just want a good game that is decided by the players on the field, not the refs.

The Cowboys can stop the run but if and when we face an elite passer it's going to be ugly. We suck in zone coverage. Really need the switch to go on for DeMarcus Lawrence. He looks like the only DLman with potential as a pass rusher.

Wow one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. Do this pathetic staff know what no huddle means? Why on earth were they running the ball after the half? So predictable and conservative

Wow one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. Do this pathetic staff know what no huddle means? Why on earth were they running the ball after the half? So predictable and conservative
They have to protect Romo because he is done. Romo isn't capable of running an effective no huddle.

Philly took it to us today. I have to give them a lot of credit. We had no answer for them on defense or on offense. Our line was made to look average as Cox dominated Leary. Romo was harassed all day and Witten, Dez and TW were Casper today. It obviously takes more then three days to prepare for the Eagles offense. The Cowboys just got outplayed and were a half step or more behind in every situation.

I don't think Philly is that much better then us and I don't think the Cowboys are that bad. We will see you all again in two weeks. I believe it will be a different game.

Congrats Philly fans on your division lead and handing us a home ### whoopen. Time to lick my wounds and get ready for the Bears on Thursday.

TDorBust said:
Well where do we stand with the apology are we retracting it yet?
One game on three days rest, going up against a good no huddle offense is merely a bump in the road. This team was obviously flat today. It happens. We will see them again in two weeks.

Philly took it to us today. I have to give them a lot of credit. We had no answer for them on defense or on offense. Our line was made to look average as Cox dominated Leary. Romo was harassed all day and Witten, Dez and TW were Casper today. It obviously takes more then three days to prepare for the Eagles offense. The Cowboys just got outplayed and were a half step or more behind in every situation.

I don't think Philly is that much better then us and I don't think the Cowboys are that bad. We will see you all again in two weeks. I believe it will be a different game.

Congrats Philly fans on your division lead and handing us a home ### whoopen. Time to lick my wounds and get ready for the Bears on Thursday.

TDorBust said:
One game on three days rest, going up against a good no huddle offense is merely a bump in the road. This team was obviously flat today. It happens. We will see them again in two weeks.
So you are saying the retraction will be in two weeks then. Okay, I'll put that in my diary.

hardcoredx said:
I was kind of curious where Witten went? Was he just covered, was he in to block? Or did they forget him? The undrneath stuff to Beasley over and over again, but Witten was shown in the 1st and 2nd half going off on coaches and Romo even I believe. If they ever could have used him that was it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, we got owned.......but philly got owned by GB not long ago. Its a week to week league. philly fans think they're going to the super bowl.

Dallas' O-line will not come out and play this flat against the iggles again.

TDorBust said:
Philly played Sunday too. And the Cowboys were at home.

Look, we got owned.......but philly got owned by GB not long ago. Its a week to week league. philly fans think they're going to the super bowl.

I don't think they looked flat, they looked outcoached. By a lot.

Eagles played at home last week and Cowboys on the road last week. Eagles game was at 1pm EST, Cowboys played the SNF game.

I say Cowboys beat Eagles 31-24 in 2 weeks.

Yeah they did. I'm neither an Eagles or Cowboys fan and even I was yelling at Garrett. You're down by 20 points and you're continuing to run the ball? Amazing.

The defense had their hands on their hips during the first drive. They were clearly gassed. Now whether that's on the coaches or training staff, who knows, but their conditioning is nowhere near Philly's. Chip has done a lot of good things for that team and is one of the few innovators in the NFL today. Good game from the Eagles.

Good Job Eagles....33-10 is no laughing matter (for Boys fans). I'm glad we get you in 2 weeks to get the bad taste out of our mouths. So let's see what you do to Seattle and we vs the Bears.Notes:

-Witten knew something wasn't right which is why he was so animated on the sideline starting in the 1st Q. I guess he wanted the ball?

-Dez is a physical beast but you cannot let DB's continue to maul him w/o a Def PI as a repercussion. Otherwise teams (P.Peterson/C.Williams) will continue to maul him with no fear of the refs.

-Leary got owned.

The Cowboys were not prepared (I hope) because if thats what we bring to the table next time we can kiss the division g-bye.

The defense had their hands on their hips during the first drive. They were clearly gassed. Now whether that's on the coaches or training staff, who knows, but their conditioning is nowhere near Philly's. Chip has done a lot of good things for that team and is one of the few innovators in the NFL today. Good game from the Eagles.
Here it is. His offensive approach and belief/application of sports-science... that team has an edge and their attack cannot be replicated in team practice drills.

Here it is. His offensive approach and belief/application of sports-science... that team has an edge and their attack cannot be replicated in team practice drills.
Kelly had a quote about training to play the Eagles. Paraphrasing, "Don't think you can practice up tempo for a week a be ready for us. We've been doing it since training camp".

Eagles played at home last week and Cowboys on the road last week. Eagles game was at 1pm EST, Cowboys played the SNF game.

Yeah that must be it. Cowboys got screwed by the schedule. Doesn't get any easier -- these next 4 games are in December.

Yeah that must be it. Cowboys got screwed by the schedule. Doesn't get any easier -- these next 4 games are in December.
I wasn't saying they got screwed by the schedule. There were a few people saying that both played on the same short schedule and Cowboys were at home, I was merely pointing out the differences between the two. I'm neither a Cowboys nor Eagles fan.

The Cowboys for once, have overachieved this season. That's how I'm approaching it. They didn't re-sign aging, underachieving vets to big contracts (Ware). This is a step in the right direction. They've played some good games, and some not so good games.

The defense is young. The O-line is young. They may not put it together this season, but I like the core of this team.......Just wish Romo was a few years younger.

Since this is a Jason Garrett thread, are Cowboys' fans particularly happy with the way this game was coached? Gotta say, having a game plan that wasn't TE heavy against the Eagles had me scratching my head. Also, I get why they punted with time winding down in the 4th, but then to have Romo go back out there on the next possession (not to mention calling timeouts during the Eagles possession) seemed odd.

Garrett is a joke. He's there because he's passive and does whatever Jerry says. There aren't any good coaches who would put up with that.

Hahahahahha! And these cowboys fans thought they were super bowl bound with the start of their season. Told you the collapse would be great. :lol:

Hahahahahha! And these cowboys fans thought they were super bowl bound with the start of their season. Told you the collapse would be great. :lol:
Not one cowboy fan I know, met or have read thought the Cowboys were going to go to the Superbowl.

Who is the obnoxious fan base again? Cause while the cowboys fans remain grounded and cautious, literally every fan of every other team seems to comment, post memes and talk about the Cowboys.

Literally every single Redskins, Eagles and Giants fan I know who's on Facebook has 10x more Cowboys stuff then their own team.

It's almost like they're fans...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My dad had colon cancer removed and has a colostomy bag for the next two months until they finish with Chemo and Radiation to keep it from coming back. They removed about 6 inches of colon and got all the cancer. He is doing well and we are feeling pretty good about his recovery. They plan on reconnecting his colon in two months so things are looking pretty good. The cancer was not in lymph nodes or anywhere else so that is great. Thanks again for the thoughts guys.
I'm glad your dad's going to be okay, and glad to see you posting again.

I'm sorry your Thanksgiving Turkey is going to be ruined by a dominating performance by Mark Sanchez and the Eagles. Well, Okay, I will just be happy if Sanchez keeps the turnovers under 2.
Can't ask for a better day. Eagles vs. Cowboys for the division lead, winning record and a chance to prove that this team is different then years past. I can't wait. Sanchez is going to throw a couple of picks and the Cowboys are going to win.
Well clearly you were way off!

Not one cowboy fan I know, met or have read thought the Cowboys were going to go to the Superbowl. Who is the obnoxious fan base again? Cause while the cowboys fans remain grounded and cautious, literally every fan of every other team seems to comment, post memes and talk about the Cowboys.

Literally every single Redskins, Eagles and Giants fan I know who's on Facebook has 10x more Cowboys stuff then their own team.

It's almost like they're fans...
I live in philly and 3 weeks ago on 97.5 the local sports radio cowboys fans were calling in saying this was "their" year and saying they will win it all on the back of murray and he can't be stopped. Can't wait to listen on Monday and see if cowboys fans call and come up with some excuse. We see dez bryant already has one saying we play to rough. Bunch of #######.

yay, now the eagles fans are crowin........good luck with dirty sanchez.......didn't he do the butt fumble?
I'll take sanchez over Romo 10 out of 10 times after yesterday's game.
Okay, good luck with that
Clearly didn't need luck to have sanchez outplay Romo....
I like how all the sudden sanchez is the hottest thing since sliced bread........He's still sanchez. He was at one time, considered the worst starting QB in the league.....He'll find his way back to sucking.

yay, now the eagles fans are crowin........good luck with dirty sanchez.......didn't he do the butt fumble?
I like how all the sudden sanchez is the hottest thing since sliced bread........He's still sanchez. He was at one time, considered the worst starting QB in the league.....He'll find his way back to sucking.
...when he signs with a bad team who wants him as their starter.

Manster said:
RealReactions said:
Manster said:
RealReactions said:
to be fair he was on what was considered to be the worst offense. And it still is with him gone. And there's a reason for the positivity. He is 3-1, plus sustaining the win against Houston and has thrown for 300+ yards in every game but the win in Dallas. Do you disagree that he outplayed romo in primetime, in front of the whole country?

No, but do you disagree that Romo was under constant duress? Its mostly on the O-line. Anyone who watched the game could see that.

Romo is a better QB than dirty. If you think otherwise you're smokin something. Romo on those Jets teams with the killer defense prolly woulda won a ring. Its a team sport.....Hell, Eli has two rings! How'd that happen?

So dirty's 3-1, big deal. Everyone thought Cousins was the next coming. How'd that work out?

Defenses will start gameplanning better for dirty. He'll start getting put on his can. Once the shine wears off, you'll be left with butt fumble dirty.

Or maybe I'm wrong.......but you'll still be philly, the sports town that has fans with black hearts! haha

Right, defenses will start game planning for chips offense. Been hearing that for a long time now. But yeah, romo is great.

ok.....I guess chip is the greatest coach of all time......I sure hope his offense doesn't stall......that's a lot of quick 3 and outs....but how could that happen? its the eagles, and they have dirty at QB.....its a swiss f#%kin watch!

ok.....I guess chip is the greatest coach of all time......I sure hope his offense doesn't stall......that's a lot of quick 3 and outs....but how could that happen? its the eagles, and they have dirty at QB.....its a swiss f#%kin watch!
So you'really not really interested in discussing Jason Garrett? No one here is calling Kelly the greatest of all time. Trust me, it doesn't take the GOAT to beat this generation's Cowboys. But an unbiased person would recognize Kelly's been an offensive innovator. Look past your hate and give the man some credit. And also admit the Cowboys weren't prepared for it.

So you'really not really interested in discussing Jason Garrett? No one here is calling Kelly the greatest of all time. Trust me, it doesn't take the GOAT to beat this generation's Cowboys. But an unbiased person would recognize Kelly's been an offensive innovator. Look past your hate and give the man some credit.And also admit the Cowboys weren't prepared for it.
<hijack>

But the Packers were. :)

</hijack>

Love this brilliant bit of satire: http://www.footballperspective.com/its-time-for-the-cowboys-to-fire-jason-garrett

It’s Time for the Cowboys To Fire Jason Garrett

by CHASE STUART on JANUARY 8, 2015in RANT

I waited patiently all week, but it appears no one else has the guts to write what needs to be written: it’s time for the Cowboys to fire Jason Garrett.

On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys hosted the Detroit Lions in the first round of the playoffs. The Cowboys were the more talented team, and were favored by 6.5 points to win the game. And, despite Garrett’s best efforts, the Cowboys did manage to escape with a victory. But Garrett’s blunders nearly cost the team not once, but twice, and there’s little evidence to indicate that Garrett has learned from his mistakes. If the Cowboys ever want to win a Super Bowl, the team needs to move on from Garrett.
Read the whole thing.

Love this brilliant bit of satire: http://www.footballperspective.com/its-time-for-the-cowboys-to-fire-jason-garrett

I waited patiently all week, but it appears no one else has the guts to write what needs to be written: it’s time for the Cowboys to fire Jason Garrett.

On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys hosted the Detroit Lions in the first round of the playoffs. The Cowboys were the more talented team, and were favored by 6.5 points to win the game. And, despite Garrett’s best efforts, the Cowboys did manage to escape with a victory. But Garrett’s blunders nearly cost the team not once, but twice, and there’s little evidence to indicate that Garrett has learned from his mistakes. If the Cowboys ever want to win a Super Bowl, the team needs to move on from Garrett.
Read the whole thing.
interesting doubt he gets fired though

Read the whole thing.
:towelwave:

Read the whole thing.
:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread