What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My mental midget coaching staff (1 Viewer)

treat88

Footballguy
I have never seen more poor coaching decision in one weekend in my time being a football fan. This weekend was truly horrible.

GM Andy Reid - Body of work earns him an executive position.

HC Gibbs - Consecutive timeouts. You gotta know the rules as a HC in the NFL. Bad as it gets.

OC Payton - (I know he's a HC in reality, but not on my staff) A reverse in the final game killing drive. Players were obviously not prepared to execute it. There's a time and a place, this wasn't it.

DC Ryan - Rushes 3 on the Pats final drive. Calls and is credited a TO he technically isn't allowed to call. Bet Ray Ray made him cry in the locker room.

Each of these calls "cost" the team a win (as much as any single play can). Horrible to see supposed professional had the opposition wins with completely amateur moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen more poor coaching decision in one weekend in my time being a football fan. This weekend was truly horrible.HC Gibbs - Consecutive timeouts. You gotta know the rules as a HC in the NFL. Bad as it gets.OC Payton - (I know he's a HC in reality, but not on my staff) A reverse in the final game killing drive. Players were obviously not prepared to execute it. There's a time and a place, this wasn't it.DC Ryan - Rushes 3 on the Pats final drive. Calls and is credited a TO he technically isn't allowed to call. Bet Ray Ray made him cry in the locker room.Each of these calls "cost" the team a win (as much as any single play can). Horrible to see supposed professional had the opposition wins with completely amateur moves.
On Gibbs; Lindell made the first attempt from 51. There's no saying he doesn't make it again.

I feel sorry for Rex Ryan, his scheme basically owned BB and the Pats offense all night, and it will not be noticed by the average fan.

parrot said:
treat88 said:
I have never seen more poor coaching decision in one weekend in my time being a football fan. This weekend was truly horrible.HC Gibbs - Consecutive timeouts. You gotta know the rules as a HC in the NFL. Bad as it gets.OC Payton - (I know he's a HC in reality, but not on my staff) A reverse in the final game killing drive. Players were obviously not prepared to execute it. There's a time and a place, this wasn't it.DC Ryan - Rushes 3 on the Pats final drive. Calls and is credited a TO he technically isn't allowed to call. Bet Ray Ray made him cry in the locker room.Each of these calls "cost" the team a win (as much as any single play can). Horrible to see supposed professional had the opposition wins with completely amateur moves.
On Gibbs; Lindell made the first attempt from 51. There's no saying he doesn't make it again.
It was still a blunder.

TitusIII said:
I feel sorry for Rex Ryan, his scheme basically owned BB and the Pats offense all night, and it will not be noticed by the average fan.
:shrug: He's an EXCELLENT Defensive coordinator and anytone listing him as a "mental midget" is practicing 20/20 hindsight. Brady has probably run that QB sneak 100 times and that's the first time I can recall him being stopped. So please stop with the crap about how "if you trust your D..." That's complete B.S.!! It was (to that point) THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAY OF THE GAME. I agree with Billick that if they don't call the TO and the Pats get the first down everyone would be screaming "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL A TO TO MAKE SURE THE D WAS SET FOR ANYTHING THE PATS WOULD DO?" Please, let's look at the situation, NOT just the result. As for him calling a TO he's not allowed to call. My guess is that this probably happens more than we recognize and that at worst he wouldn't be granted a TO (i.e. he wouldn't be penalized - so there's no harm in trying). Lastly, with reagrd to rushing only 3 DL on the final drive....it almost worked, didn't it? how many more 4th downs can one defense force? again, I think you are calling into question the decsion based solely on the results (i.e. they lost). This looked to me to be the right way for Baltimore to attack NE on that final drive.

parrot said:
treat88 said:
I have never seen more poor coaching decision in one weekend in my time being a football fan. This weekend was truly horrible.

HC Gibbs - Consecutive timeouts. You gotta know the rules as a HC in the NFL. Bad as it gets.

OC Payton - (I know he's a HC in reality, but not on my staff) A reverse in the final game killing drive. Players were obviously not prepared to execute it. There's a time and a place, this wasn't it.

DC Ryan - Rushes 3 on the Pats final drive. Calls and is credited a TO he technically isn't allowed to call. Bet Ray Ray made him cry in the locker room.

Each of these calls "cost" the team a win (as much as any single play can). Horrible to see supposed professional had the opposition wins with completely amateur moves.
It was still a blunder.
Definitely. But the OP said it cost them a win. I don't think that's at all certain.

TitusIII said:
:nerd: He's an EXCELLENT Defensive coordinator and anytone listing him as a "mental midget" is practicing 20/20 hindsight. Brady has probably run that QB sneak 100 times and that's the first time I can recall him being stopped. So please stop with the crap about how "if you trust your D..." That's complete B.S.!! It was (to that point) THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAY OF THE GAME. I agree with Billick that if they don't call the TO and the Pats get the first down everyone would be screaming "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL A TO TO MAKE SURE THE D WAS SET FOR ANYTHING THE PATS WOULD DO?" Please, let's look at the situation, NOT just the result. As for him calling a TO he's not allowed to call. My guess is that this probably happens more than we recognize and that at worst he wouldn't be granted a TO (i.e. he wouldn't be penalized - so there's no harm in trying). Lastly, with reagrd to rushing only 3 DL on the final drive....it almost worked, didn't it? how many more 4th downs can one defense force? again, I think you are calling into question the decsion based solely on the results (i.e. they lost). This looked to me to be the right way for Baltimore to attack NE on that final drive.
I'll trade Billick for Rex.

Don't forget the most overrated coach in the league - - Andy Reid!

4th and goal from the 2 with something like :10 left in the first half and the Eagles down by 4 and Reid decides to go for it and Westy gets STUFFED. They could have been down by 1 at the half and he probably would have liked to have that back at the end when they could have lined up for the game winner.

Which brings me to point #2. There was about a full minute left in the game after the Westbrook punt return brought them down to the 10. From what I had seen, Feeley was playing like crap and had already throw 3 very costly picks. So what does Reid do with plenty of time on the clock? He drops Feeley back to pass and he promptly throws the game loser to the defense.

Keep up the good work, moron!

Don't forget the most overrated coach in the league - - Andy Reid!4th and goal from the 2 with something like :10 left in the first half and the Eagles down by 4 and Reid decides to go for it and Westy gets STUFFED. They could have been down by 1 at the half and he probably would have liked to have that back at the end when they could have lined up for the game winner.Which brings me to point #2. There was about a full minute left in the game after the Westbrook punt return brought them down to the 10. From what I had seen, Feeley was playing like crap and had already throw 3 very costly picks. So what does Reid do with plenty of time on the clock? He drops Feeley back to pass and he promptly throws the game loser to the defense.Keep up the good work, moron!
:shrug: He is the leader in the mental midget category. He could be a very good front office guy, but his in game coaching on Sundays (clock management, adjusting gameplans, playcalling, and run/pass ratio) are consistently terrible. Maybe he'll move to the front office and Rex Ryan can coach the Eagles.

I'll make Andy Reid my GM. He's been getting away with the same schtick for long enough to go straight into an executive position.

I actually disagree with Coughlin. He's done a fine job with Eli running the ship and handling the NY pressures.

In response to a couple of points, Rex Ryan is an excellent coach, but his blunder(s) last night did cost his team a win regardless of his gameplan into the 4th quarter.

Lindell might have made the kick from 51, but it's inexcusable for an HC not to know the rules of the game.

Which brings me to point #2. There was about a full minute left in the game after the Westbrook punt return brought them down to the 10. From what I had seen, Feeley was playing like crap and had already throw 3 very costly picks. So what does Reid do with plenty of time on the clock? He drops Feeley back to pass and he promptly throws the game loser to the defense.
Actually the first thing Feeley did was promptly drop back and take a horrible sack when he could have easily thrown the ball out of the endzone and stopped the clock. Then they ran it. He threw the pick on third down. I was sitting at home incredulous that this was the same guy who riddled the Pats one week before.

Users who are viewing this thread