What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My new air fryer arrived!!!! (1 Viewer)

3.8? What are puting in there? Like some Dahlmer stuff?

Most Garbage disposals are like 3/4.
I actually have no idea what the HP is :lol:

Seriously though it blends anything without getting stuck so I actually use it everyday. Way better than my old crap blender. 

You might have a point.  Aside from the Keurig and a juicer than I use pretty often--I'd probably say maybe the Instant Pot.   Most of the other novelty type cooking devices that I have are just collecting dust.   I think I still have a George Foreman grill from many years ago.  I don't even know if those things are still being made.  
Yeah. We have a Foreman clone/knockoff that worked really well.  But then I realized it took up a lot of room and was a witch to clean.  

Went back to pans and griddle.  

First report.   Made mustard / sage panko breaded chicken tenders with frozen onion rings.   

The chicken, while cooked throughout, was not as brown or crispy as I had hoped.  However, I failed to preheat the fryer--could have been a contributing factor.  Plus, yeah--mustard sage?  Not such a great flavor profile.  

On the other hand, the onion rings turned out perfect.  They were delicious.  Sure, no different than in the oven really, but much less time(only 8 minutes)

So next attempt...Have to do wings of course...Seems to be THE thing to make in an air fryer.  Plus I pulled down a recipe for beer batter fried green beans.  This will be the weekend attempt.

Aight...

But have those become standard in the typical home?

I mean we have microwaves, drip coffee makers (Mr. Coffee), coffee pod makers...you can find those in most kitchens.  AND they are used a lot.

Remember hot air popcorn poppers? Juicers?  Mandolin slicers?  Fondue pots?  The baby/daddy fryer?

I was gifted a quesadilla make about 15 years ago that was really cool.  But it took up a lot of room.  Just as easy to make them in a pan/on a grill.
Pro Tip: Don't throw the mandolin slicer in the junk drawer.

Aight...

But have those become standard in the typical home?

I mean we have microwaves, drip coffee makers (Mr. Coffee), coffee pod makers...you can find those in most kitchens.  AND they are used a lot.

Remember hot air popcorn poppers? Juicers?  Mandolin slicers?  Fondue pots?  The baby/daddy fryer?

I was gifted a quesadilla make about 15 years ago that was really cool.  But it took up a lot of room.  Just as easy to make them in a pan/on a grill.
Pro Tip: Don't throw the mandolin slicer in the junk drawer.
mandoline morons.  

In case anyone cares.....Update:

So far I have made the following:

Chicken Wings....Cooked perfectly.   Really nice.  Crispy skin, meaty and moist on the inside.  If I can find the right rub/sauce..Yes. Might buy some carribbean jerk from Buffalo Wild wings..Love that stuff.

Tater tots / Ore Ida Crispy crowns.   Cooked great but I needed to add a minute or two on the timer.

Frozen Onion rings...Utterly perfect.

Hot dogs.  I saw this recipe.  Tossed a couple in, then put them in buns and cooked for 2 more minutes with cheese..OUTSTANDING...I will never eat a hot dog at home a different way

Precooked sausage and baked potatoes.  These air fryers really fry well.  The sausage looked and tasted like it was cooked on the grill.  Even my wife was impressed.  Baked potatoes had a crispy skin and were a tiny but underdone--but not the air fryer fault.   

Trying to think if there has been anything else.  Clearly Im a little excited about the damn thing.  But right now I would say totally recommended!!!

supermike80 - how many chicken wings can you get in there at one time?  And how long do they take to cook?
Its a 6 quart.   I didn't fill it but I was able to easily drop 12 decent sized wings in there.  Plenty of room for more.

I cooked them at 380 for 12 minutes, then shook/flipped them in the basket--another 12 minutes at 380.

Cooked another 6 minutes at 400 to crisp them up  (All this was pulled off a recipe from the interweb)  They turned out really really good.

Wife bought one yesterday. First cook was tonight, boneless pork chops in seasoned egg then seasoned panko.

Recipe I found online said 400° for 12 mins turning halfway through. Checked temp after 9 mins and pulled them

Crispy, very juicy

I'm excited to try alot of other recipes

Got one for Christmas - used it only once to try out a fry recipe. They were just meh. Haven't used it since as it seems like everything else I make/ want I can just do with other traditional cooking methods. 

Any recommendations for a website with decent recipes? 

Cooked a 5 lb whole chicken today. Injected it with Tony's creole butter

Was not impressed with the results. Breast was 165, thigh 175. The chicken was juicy, but oddly chewy.

Weird

If i try this again (probably not)  I won't be injecting it with anything

In case anyone cares.....Update:

So far I have made the following:

Chicken Wings....Cooked perfectly.   Really nice.  Crispy skin, meaty and moist on the inside.  If I can find the right rub/sauce..Yes. Might buy some carribbean jerk from Buffalo Wild wings..Love that stuff.

Tater tots / Ore Ida Crispy crowns.   Cooked great but I needed to add a minute or two on the timer.

Frozen Onion rings...Utterly perfect.

Hot dogs.  I saw this recipe.  Tossed a couple in, then put them in buns and cooked for 2 more minutes with cheese..OUTSTANDING...I will never eat a hot dog at home a different way

Precooked sausage and baked potatoes.  These air fryers really fry well.  The sausage looked and tasted like it was cooked on the grill.  Even my wife was impressed.  Baked potatoes had a crispy skin and were a tiny but underdone--but not the air fryer fault.   

Trying to think if there has been anything else.  Clearly Im a little excited about the damn thing.  But right now I would say totally recommended!!!
What makes the hotdogs so special?

Can you post the recipe?

What makes the hotdogs so special?

Can you post the recipe?
I used oscar meyer selects natural hot dogs.   

Tossed in air fryer, cooked at 400 for 6 minutes (dont need to preheat).

Put hot dogs in the buns(any regular hot dog buns will do) and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

Put back in air fryer and cook at 400 for 2 minutes.

The dogs were hot and delicious, with the melted cheese on top.  The buns took on a slight crispy texture.....absolutely awesome.  Try it.  You'll never go back

I got one for Christmas.  I use it nearly every day. 

Anyone who thinks it’s just a small oven hasn’t used one (or hasn’t used one well.)

Highly recommend.  
Agreed.   1/2 the time...little or no preheating time.  And the texture is generally better than oven baking.   

Yesterday was bone in fried chicken breasts.   Used seasoned breading...Kentucky something or other.

Soaked the chicken in buttermilk first---for about 4 hours.  

Put 2 full size split chicken breasts in there--with a potato cut in half.     30 minutes total cook time, flipped after 15.  

Saw a tip to spray a little pam on the chicken, helps crisp it up..worked.  

These came out awesome!!!    Granted an oven might do the trick, but ovens also can seriously dry out chicken, this air fryer didn't come close to that.  These were super moist.  

I got one for Christmas.  I use it nearly every day. 

Anyone who thinks it’s just a small oven hasn’t used one (or hasn’t used one well.)

Highly recommend.  
For you and others who love them, would you mind sharing what brand/size you have?

TIA

For you and others who love them, would you mind sharing what brand/size you have?

TIA
I have a little one - the Black and Decker 2 liter.  It would not be good for cooking for lots of people, but it's great for a snack or side dish for my two-person family.  And it was cheap - my wife bought it for me for Christmas.  If I decide to use up some counter space and money, I'll get something bigger with bells and whistles.

I used oscar meyer selects natural hot dogs.   

Tossed in air fryer, cooked at 400 for 6 minutes (dont need to preheat).

Put hot dogs in the buns(any regular hot dog buns will do) and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

Put back in air fryer and cook at 400 for 2 minutes.

The dogs were hot and delicious, with the melted cheese on top.  The buns took on a slight crispy texture.....absolutely awesome.  Try it.  You'll never go back
Tried this tonight. I used Johnsonville Cheddar Brats for myself and hot dogs for my wife. Very good 

👍

i put together a blender with parts from an old amc matador it had a 401 v8 for a motor and could put out about 50 hp if you dropped a tree in that sucker you got toothpicks but i had it running without an exhaust and a couple of late night margarita parties got me a couple of noise complaints and eventually the county took it they say that they took it apart for scrap but i am pretty sure i hear them fire it up at the old county garage  every once in a while when the highway crew boys are havin a cold one and winding the week down on a friday take that to the bank bromigos 

Wife bought me one of these guys for my birthday I think mostly due to my mentioning the FBG thread on air fryers 😂 so I'm all in. Got a 6 quarter too so the sky is the limit. 

Can't wait to fire it up this weekend. 

i have a ninja that does air frying, pressure cooking, and something else.  its pretty damn good.  have done ribs, chicken wigs, etc and all have been very tasty

I did sausage and peppers this again weekend.   Outstanding.

Took precooked polish sausage, cut into small, 1/4 1/2 inch slices.

One green bell pepper

One red bell pepper.   Both cut into decent sized chunks.

All into the air fryer for 12 minutes.   Opened, inspected and flipped around after 6 minutes.  

Came out great....Sausage looked like it was fried in a pan.   

Also cubed small yellow potatoes....25 minutes....Crisped up fantastically.  So I might try to make some home fries......Just cut the potato into smallish strips and see how that comes out.

Also, i bought a pack of Friday's BBQ wings(frozen)..Believe they were snack sized.   Horrible horrible horrible...Pure fat.   It was disgusting.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandbaby came over for dinner tonight. 

I made chicken nuggets in my air fryer. Cut 3 boneless skinless breasts into nuggets, seasoned with salt pepper and a little garlic powder. Rolled them around in a bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil then coated with breadcrumbs ( half progresso Italian and half panko with a little parm also)

Air fried at 400 for 10 minutes, turned them halfway. Turned out great.

I made french fries a few nights ago. Loaned out my French fry cutter and haven't gotten it back 🙄

I cut 3 large russets into fries by hand so they weren't exactly uniform. I drizzled with olive oil and tossed to coat then seasoned with garlic powder and Tony's. 

Air fried at 400 for about 20 minutes. Shook basket every 5 minutes. Basket had more fries in it than it probably should have but they turned out really good

Did some wings tonight. Did 385 for 25 minutes and then 400 for the final 15-20 with some tossing every so often.

Perfect crispness.

Mozz sticks didn't come out as hoped however. Really blew apart so open to suggestions there 

I am coming around to it. The tater tots my wife made the other night actually had a real good crispness on the outside and airiness on the inside  that the oven doesn't give. 

This thing rocks for the kids' french fries.  Wife made some "fried" chicken in it that wasn't half bad.

I am going to try out some "mac n' cheese bites" that I snagged from Targe' this weekend while wife and kids are camping.

Yeah, a batch of wings takes about 17 minutes for me.

New hotness with the air fryer: when you get food delivered and the french fries got all soggy/steamed during delivery, refresh in the fryer.  They're awesome.

Also, throw a few raw brats or meatballs in for 15 minutes or so.  Amazing turnout.

the other day i played air guitar while i air fried some air popped popcorn and believe me brohans it was like heaven on earth take that to the bank brochachos

Henry Ford said:
New hotness with the air fryer: when you get food delivered and the french fries got all soggy/steamed during delivery, refresh in the fryer.  They're awesome.
I've been reheating pizza in mine and it works like a charm.  Like 3-4 minutes tops and it is perfect.

I made chicken parmesan meatballs.   The normal way.  But took them and placed them in a french roll, topped with a tad more cheese, and hit it with the fryer at 400 for 4 minutes.  The bread crisps up magically in an airfryer.    They were drop dead delicious.

I made chicken parmesan meatballs.   The normal way.  But took them and placed them in a french roll, topped with a tad more cheese, and hit it with the fryer at 400 for 4 minutes.  The bread crisps up magically in an airfryer.    They were drop dead delicious.
Nice.  In a similar fashion I'll finish off hot dogs (which I put cheese on) in the fryer.  Double duty:  melts the cheese perfectly and gets the buns just a bit crispy on the outside.  Perfect.

Nice.  In a similar fashion I'll finish off hot dogs (which I put cheese on) in the fryer.  Double duty:  melts the cheese perfectly and gets the buns just a bit crispy on the outside.  Perfect.
I think i posted that in this thread.  I will never have a hot dog a different way

Users who are viewing this thread