What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Stock Value Strategy Starts Now (4 Viewers)

If TRMA drops below $6.50, it is a good time to get in. They received a bunch of new contracts at the end of Q1, had a great Q2 and their best quarters are traditionally 3 and 4. They have some debt which is holding this stock down but the outlook for this company going forward is very positive.$8 is a conservative estimate of where this stock will be by end of Q3.
hope so! just bought at $6.14!

If TRMA drops below $6.50, it is a good time to get in. They received a bunch of new contracts at the end of Q1, had a great Q2 and their best quarters are traditionally 3 and 4. They have some debt which is holding this stock down but the outlook for this company going forward is very positive.$8 is a conservative estimate of where this stock will be by end of Q3.
I bought more as well today.

I'll probably bail on TRMA if it gets back to $6.50 area just to lock in something positive this week.

I bought more as well today.
TRMA is the stock that a FBG member Chaos Commish picked in the 2009 stock pickers contest. He's been absent from here for awhile because I think he is growing/selling produce these days. Anyways, he and I talked about it and ATPG (my pick of the year). We were reluctant buyers in February and March around $2-$3.00. I wound up getting my shares taken from me in a $5 covered call play - whoops (same happened in the shares of ATPG I owned).Though I really like TRMA and ATPG as longer term positions...but I think you will be able to purchase shares cheaper in the future.Put writing ATM doesn't offer much more than outright share purchasing...if the Dec 5's get to $1.00 I'd probably be a writer there to begin acquiring a longer term position (that I won't write Ccalls on this time around).I like the company...good luck with it.

Attempting to begin acquiring a short position in FAS via synthetic stock...expiration month is Jan and April 2010. In a perfect world I will be "short" 3000-5000 shares...so 30-50 contracts. But perfect worlds are rare...so in the end I'll probably wind up with a mish-mash of positions short anywhere from 70-90.
At this point am only short 600 shares. In the Jan and April...strikes are from 78-80. Got 1 set on Friday and another 5 yesterday. Putting the play on surprised me in how ThinkorSwim sucked up so much of my buying power...shorting 600 synthetic shares of FAS initially reduced my buying power by $22k...as the position has moved further ITM today...it is now reduced by about $15k. That seems pretty steep.Right now I'm up about $4k on the trade...I was looking for this to be a big home run with 3000 shares...but I don't think I can afford having my ability to trade limited...so I'll probably just stick to what I have...if it runs back up may short another 400 synthetic shares to have a 1000 (10 contracts). If it just continues to drop and I nailed a high...I'll be more than satisfied with the -600 shares I hold.This thing swings wildly...so profits/losses really shouldn't be counted until booked. My thought here is this play is a hold for weeks-months...so day-to-day I'm less concerned with where I stand...meaning I'm more focused on where I'd get stopped out right now than where I'll take profits.
I'm going to unwind and take the profits...and re-enter on the next move up. Against what I just said...I know.

Reminder not to mess with penny stocks:

I took a small position ($500) in Midex gold (MDXO) a few weeks ago when the announced they had purchased a new property for diamond mining and were doing exploration to determine the value. It was a gamble.

With no news and no warning, they changed symbols overnight (MXGD) and immediately lost 80% this morning (.39 To .08). There is no news on their website, yahoo or google. No stock split, nothing. I am hopeful that something was changed when the ticker was relisted, but I doubt it.

Anyone have this experience in the past?

Reminder not to mess with penny stocks:I took a small position ($500) in Midex gold (MDXO) a few weeks ago when the announced they had purchased a new property for diamond mining and were doing exploration to determine the value. It was a gamble.With no news and no warning, they changed symbols overnight (MXGD) and immediately lost 80% this morning (.39 To .08). There is no news on their website, yahoo or google. No stock split, nothing. I am hopeful that something was changed when the ticker was relisted, but I doubt it.Anyone have this experience in the past?
actually I think it closed at .35 yesterday and opened at .07 today and is now up to .10.I think it was a 5/1 forward split. Look on Pinksheets.com. It says it on there.You will get your shares in a few days. Call your broker and you can actually sell them before you get them if you have ameritrade or scottrade.I made a killing on the whole AMNE forward split debacle. People didnt understand what has happened, think the stock tanked and then buy because they think it is the bottom. Then when all these late arriving shares flood the market it tanks. Get out fast though because it will dip if it does anything similar to amne. Call your broker immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder not to mess with penny stocks:I took a small position ($500) in Midex gold (MDXO) a few weeks ago when the announced they had purchased a new property for diamond mining and were doing exploration to determine the value. It was a gamble.With no news and no warning, they changed symbols overnight (MXGD) and immediately lost 80% this morning (.39 To .08). There is no news on their website, yahoo or google. No stock split, nothing. I am hopeful that something was changed when the ticker was relisted, but I doubt it.Anyone have this experience in the past?
actually I think it closed at .35 yesterday and opened at .07 today and is now up to .10.I think it was a 5/1 forward split. Look on Pinksheets.com. It says it on there.You will get your shares in a few days. Call your broker and you can actually sell them before you get them if you have ameritrade or scottrade.I made a killing on the whole AMNE forward split debacle. People didnt understand what has happened, think the stock tanked and then buy because they think it is the bottom. Then when all these late arriving shares flood the market it tanks. Get out fast though because it will dip if it does anything similar to amne. Call your broker immediately.
also if I look on ameritrades calendar for it, there is a split date of 9/2 5-1 forward split.who is your broker?

BRUTAL

Link

Deutsche Bank is liquidating the PowerShares DB Crude Oil Double Long Exchange Traded Note (NYSE Arca:DXO), in the first sign that increased regulation of the commodity futures market may force commodity exchange-traded products to close. DXO is designed to provide 200% of the monthly return of the near-month crude oil futures contract. At the close of trading on September 1, it had $425.8 million in assets.

In a press release announcing the news, Deutsche Bank said:“Limitations imposed by the exchange on which Deutsche Bank manages the exposure of the Notes have resulted in a “regulatory event” as defined in the terms of the Notes, which has caused Deutsche Bank to redeem the Notes.”

The announcement is surprising because, despite expectations that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission will soon enact new position limits on energy futures, it has yet to actually put those limits in place. The press release suggests that the exchange has taken it upon itself to enforce position limits in place immediately.

So far, no other commodity products have been affected. Deutsche Borse said specifically that none of its other commodity ETFs or ETNs would be impacted.

DXO will be liquidated at net asset value on September 9.

also if I look on ameritrades calendar for it, there is a split date of 9/2 5-1 forward split.who is your broker?
Thanks for this information, I am trying to do some research to figure this out, but work keeps getting in the way.I trade through zecco, so I will likely get the shaft. But I will request them to update my holdings ASAP and go from there.I appreciate the help!Edit to add: After Zecco first said I could trade the new undelivered shares, they backed out and would not. They will let me trade them first thing in the morning (which is my plan), but I have to call in. It will be Friday before my online information is updated.I find it amazing that yahoo/google/nasdaq do not have any information on this forward stock split. I only found it buried at pinksheet.com. I hope it is kept silent for another day. How bad are the people buying in toady going to feel when they find out what happened? Sucks for them.

Thanks for this information, I am trying to do some research to figure this out, but work keeps getting in the way.I trade through zecco, so I will likely get the shaft. But I will request them to update my holdings ASAP and go from there.I appreciate the help!Edit to add: After Zecco first said I could trade the new undelivered shares, they backed out and would not. They will let me trade them first thing in the morning (which is my plan), but I have to call in. It will be Friday before my online information is updated.I find it amazing that yahoo/google/nasdaq do not have any information on this forward stock split. I only found it buried at pinksheet.com. I hope it is kept silent for another day. How bad are the people buying in toady going to feel when they find out what happened? Sucks for them.
people will be very upset. happy to have helped, hope you get out with the 50% gain you have.

BRUTAL

Link

Deutsche Bank is liquidating the PowerShares DB Crude Oil Double Long Exchange Traded Note (NYSE Arca:DXO), in the first sign that increased regulation of the commodity futures market may force commodity exchange-traded products to close. DXO is designed to provide 200% of the monthly return of the near-month crude oil futures contract. At the close of trading on September 1, it had $425.8 million in assets.

In a press release announcing the news, Deutsche Bank said:“Limitations imposed by the exchange on which Deutsche Bank manages the exposure of the Notes have resulted in a “regulatory event” as defined in the terms of the Notes, which has caused Deutsche Bank to redeem the Notes.”

The announcement is surprising because, despite expectations that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission will soon enact new position limits on energy futures, it has yet to actually put those limits in place. The press release suggests that the exchange has taken it upon itself to enforce position limits in place immediately.

So far, no other commodity products have been affected. Deutsche Borse said specifically that none of its other commodity ETFs or ETNs would be impacted.

DXO will be liquidated at net asset value on September 9.
It's possible more of these type of ETFs will be liquidated. In addition before the end of this year new margin requirements will make it cost prohibitive to even invest in all Ultra funds. Furthermore, anyone investing in GLD or SLV with a longer term horizon...I would consider pulling your funds. It is not only possible that GLD and SLV do not hold the hard physical metals in the amounts = to the fund...it is probable. Making the funds more similar to something like Oneseason.com or the dollar...backed by nothing more than belief. Yikes. Long gold or silver is just fine...take physical possession.I had a dream last night. I was watching CNBC, and they had a new reporter. It was T.O. Haines said..."and now to our new reporter on the beat...what do you think T.O.?" T.O. looked up at the camera and smiled in that great smile of his...and said "better get yer popcorn ready!"

Also be aware of the traders tax. Actually be afraid...very afraid.

Check out AMED. COO and CIO left, but CEO and CFO remain. Probably just reshuffling, but a huge opportunity. I got into the underlying, some Sept 30 calls and some Jan 35 calls. As long as there isn't a worse situation behind the scenes, this is a steal at this price. Stock is worth $55-60 in my opinion. Great story and I love the stock. Think it's a steal here. FYI.

Just sold this for $6.40! Thanks for the tip!

people will be very upset. happy to have helped, hope you get out with the 50% gain you have.
Well after being denied by zecco yesterday I logged on this morning to find the MXGD reported good news (new funding) on top of all this other stuff going on. The stock was off to the races. When I went to bed last night I told myself I would be happy selling at .12. This morning it was .14 pre-market and climbing, so I dialed up Zecco to sell it off. Within 15 minutes it was up to .27. Unfortunately, it took over an hour wrangling with Zecco to get the trade done and was back down to .20. Very frustrating, but 66% better than if they would have done it yesterday. (it is at .17 as I type)All in all, 150% return on my $500. Though I am not sure if it was worth my high anxiety, lost sleep and hoarse throat over the last 24 hours.

2 executives left though, that's usually not a good sign.

Check out AMED. COO and CIO left, but CEO and CFO remain. Probably just reshuffling, but a huge opportunity. I got into the underlying, some Sept 30 calls and some Jan 35 calls. As long as there isn't a worse situation behind the scenes, this is a steal at this price. Stock is worth $55-60 in my opinion. Great story and I love the stock. Think it's a steal here. FYI.

It's possible more of these type of ETFs will be liquidated. In addition before the end of this year new margin requirements will make it cost prohibitive to even invest in all Ultra funds. Furthermore, anyone investing in GLD or SLV with a longer term horizon...I would consider pulling your funds. It is not only possible that GLD and SLV do not hold the hard physical metals in the amounts = to the fund...it is probable. Making the funds more similar to something like Oneseason.com or the dollar...backed by nothing more than belief. Yikes. Long gold or silver is just fine...take physical possession.
Siff-I've held GLD for over a year now in my IRA and am really not sure where to move these funds. Alot of the gold bugs suggest CEF but its at a 52 wk high today ( I think it holds alot of physical). Do you like CEF? Any other suggestions (dont want to mess with physical in my IRA though I think it can be done).

Would've been nice to buy retail yesterday, huh? I've gotta pay more attention to these earnings calendars, if I ever go back in.

Well after being denied by zecco yesterday I logged on this morning to find the MXGD reported good news (new funding) on top of all this other stuff going on. The stock was off to the races. When I went to bed last night I told myself I would be happy selling at .12. This morning it was .14 pre-market and climbing, so I dialed up Zecco to sell it off. Within 15 minutes it was up to .27. Unfortunately, it took over an hour wrangling with Zecco to get the trade done and was back down to .20. Very frustrating, but 66% better than if they would have done it yesterday. (it is at .17 as I type)All in all, 150% return on my $500. Though I am not sure if it was worth my high anxiety, lost sleep and hoarse throat over the last 24 hours.
great work getting out.I swear half the fun in pinky stocks for me is spotting these kinds of scams. The pinky forward split is brilliant.Forward split 5 for 1. Most brokers wont issue the shares immediately so the supply wont fully increase. Release some news and then the company can dump shares on the market and not have affected the current supply. Then when the supply catches up and the demand is gone timber.

2 executives left though, that's usually not a good sign.

Certainly could be a bigger problem, but they derive nearly 90% of their revenues from Medicare payouts. Sort of difficult to make up revenue there. I'm not really sure what could be the problem in terms of the books. If you read the 10K, it's very transparent. Definitely a bit of a gamble, but if you go on what we know, it's a great buy. We'll see how it shakes out.

It's possible more of these type of ETFs will be liquidated. In addition before the end of this year new margin requirements will make it cost prohibitive to even invest in all Ultra funds. Furthermore, anyone investing in GLD or SLV with a longer term horizon...I would consider pulling your funds. It is not only possible that GLD and SLV do not hold the hard physical metals in the amounts = to the fund...it is probable. Making the funds more similar to something like Oneseason.com or the dollar...backed by nothing more than belief. Yikes. Long gold or silver is just fine...take physical possession.
Siff-I've held GLD for over a year now in my IRA and am really not sure where to move these funds. Alot of the gold bugs suggest CEF but its at a 52 wk high today ( I think it holds alot of physical). Do you like CEF? Any other suggestions (dont want to mess with physical in my IRA though I think it can be done).
Did you read the thingy about gold in IRAs I posted last week?My concern with GLD or SLV is that it is very possible that at some time in the future there is a mad rush out the door and YOU get left behind.

I didn't write this (runtogold.com)but here are some concerning things:

From the GLD prospectus under "Risk Factors"

"Page 11 states “Neither the Trustee nor the Custodian independently confirms the fineness of the gold allocated to the Trust in connection with the creation of a Basket [issuance].” Page 12 “In issuing Baskets, the Trustee relies on certain information received from the Custodian which is subject to confirmation after the Trustee has relied on the information. If such information turns out to be incorrect, Baskets may be issued in exchange for an amount of gold which is more or less than the amount of gold which is required to be deposited with the Trust.” There is no assurance that the ‘gold’ held in the ETFs is actually the same gold as defined under the periodic table."

Further:

"The latest 10-K (Commission File Number 000-32356) on pages 26 and 18 respectively: ” Gold held by the Custodian’s currently selected subcustodians and by subcustodians of subcustodians may be held in vaults located in England or in other locations.” and “In addition, the Trustee has no right to visit the premises of any subcustodian for the purposes of examining the Trust’s gold or any records maintained by the subcustodian, and no subcustodian is obligated to cooperate in any review the Trustee may wish to conduct of the facilities, procedures, records or creditworthiness of such subcustodian.”"

So basically...

"Not only does the GLD ETF not have to store physical gold bullion as defined under the periodic table but any gold it may hold the Trustee has no right to examine even for the purpose of an audit of the physical gold bullion. Anyone who is willing to accept supposedly gold-backed ETF shares instead of physical gold as defined under the periodic table may be brain dead."

Another warning...

"GREENLIGHT CAPITAL FLEES GLD

in a 13 July 2009 letter to investors David Einhorn of Greenlight Capital, a multi-billion dollar hedge fund with the largest holding in GLD, wrote:

"We made a couple of modest changes to our macro hedges. First, after extensive investigation we switched our entire GLD exchange traded fund position into physical gold. At a minimum this will provide some savings as the costs of storing gold are less than the fees on GLD. It also gives David’s desk a lot more “bling” (actually it is being held at a professional storage facility)!"

I wonder what the "extensive investigation" discovered? I think it is possible they discovered more than merely the savings incurred by holding physical vs their position in GLD.

So that should give you some pause. I'm not sure about CEF...but I'd seriously consider holding the physical...there are storage facilities. I realize that may not be what you want to do...but with investments I tend to the goal of "safety first".

Good luck.

great work getting out.I swear half the fun in pinky stocks for me is spotting these kinds of scams. The pinky forward split is brilliant.Forward split 5 for 1. Most brokers wont issue the shares immediately so the supply wont fully increase. Release some news and then the company can dump shares on the market and not have affected the current supply. Then when the supply catches up and the demand is gone timber.
I lucked into this one, and had a lot of anxiety because I had never seen this before. I got out well with your help. I am not sure if I want to, but how would a person try to spot these ahead of time? The only information on it I could find is the entry on pinksheets.com, and then there were a few message board posts on August 10 that google found. Would you scour pinkshhets.com looking for forward splits?

I lucked into this one, and had a lot of anxiety because I had never seen this before. I got out well with your help. I am not sure if I want to, but how would a person try to spot these ahead of time? The only information on it I could find is the entry on pinksheets.com, and then there were a few message board posts on August 10 that google found. Would you scour pinkshhets.com looking for forward splits?
i wouldnt go that far, but I do pay close attention when I see posts on message boards about forward splits. You can also check nasdaq.com for reported future dates of splits. The pinkies dont always show up on there though, but usually they do. Sometimes there is a big runup before the split. These are to be avoided. Usually there is just mass confusion. This is what the company wants. People get so confused too because the Nasdaq site lists it as an "ex. div/rec" so people think that it will happen three days later, etc etc. If you read the old posts on the AMNE board there are actually posters that believed you had to buy 3 days before in order to get split shares. So much misinformation.

Did you read the thingy about gold in IRAs I posted last week?My concern with GLD or SLV is that it is very possible that at some time in the future there is a mad rush out the door and YOU get left behind.

I didn't write this (runtogold.com)but here are some concerning things:

From the GLD prospectus under "Risk Factors"

"Page 11 states “Neither the Trustee nor the Custodian independently confirms the fineness of the gold allocated to the Trust in connection with the creation of a Basket [issuance].” Page 12 “In issuing Baskets, the Trustee relies on certain information received from the Custodian which is subject to confirmation after the Trustee has relied on the information. If such information turns out to be incorrect, Baskets may be issued in exchange for an amount of gold which is more or less than the amount of gold which is required to be deposited with the Trust.” There is no assurance that the ‘gold’ held in the ETFs is actually the same gold as defined under the periodic table."

Further:

"The latest 10-K (Commission File Number 000-32356) on pages 26 and 18 respectively: ” Gold held by the Custodian’s currently selected subcustodians and by subcustodians of subcustodians may be held in vaults located in England or in other locations.” and “In addition, the Trustee has no right to visit the premises of any subcustodian for the purposes of examining the Trust’s gold or any records maintained by the subcustodian, and no subcustodian is obligated to cooperate in any review the Trustee may wish to conduct of the facilities, procedures, records or creditworthiness of such subcustodian.”"

So basically...

"Not only does the GLD ETF not have to store physical gold bullion as defined under the periodic table but any gold it may hold the Trustee has no right to examine even for the purpose of an audit of the physical gold bullion. Anyone who is willing to accept supposedly gold-backed ETF shares instead of physical gold as defined under the periodic table may be brain dead."

Another warning...

"GREENLIGHT CAPITAL FLEES GLD

in a 13 July 2009 letter to investors David Einhorn of Greenlight Capital, a multi-billion dollar hedge fund with the largest holding in GLD, wrote:

"We made a couple of modest changes to our macro hedges. First, after extensive investigation we switched our entire GLD exchange traded fund position into physical gold. At a minimum this will provide some savings as the costs of storing gold are less than the fees on GLD. It also gives David’s desk a lot more “bling” (actually it is being held at a professional storage facility)!"

I wonder what the "extensive investigation" discovered? I think it is possible they discovered more than merely the savings incurred by holding physical vs their position in GLD.

So that should give you some pause. I'm not sure about CEF...but I'd seriously consider holding the physical...there are storage facilities. I realize that may not be what you want to do...but with investments I tend to the goal of "safety first".

Good luck.
There are a lot of "paranoid" Gold/Silver/Platinum bugs that refuse to deal with the ETF's. One of the reasons is exactly because of the derivative nature of the investment. I have no proof of such, but I think it's a fair assessment that these funds do not posses all of the actual metal that make up the NAV of the fund at any one time. If one of these funds had to dissolve, as is being considered by a lot of other commodity ETF's, I would say it's highly likely that the ones holding the security would not have enough metal in the fund to make everyone whole.

There is no assurance that the ‘gold’ held in the ETFs is actually the same gold as defined under the periodic table - Enough said.

Another reason is due to a potential confiscation of said metals by the government in the future. I think that's a little out there, but it wouldn't be the first time in our short history.

I think it's worth the extra premium to have it physically. It's not like the premium is going to go away after you buy it. If you had to sell it immediately then sure, but there is always someone willing to pay a premium for physically gold/silver.

just bought a little bit of AMED at $32.50....
I think that's a great price. Good luck!
:thumbup: Today has been good to me. I'm holding these shares until tomorrow morning though. Hoping for a gap up.
Short of fire well beyond this smoke, I think there is a lot more upside than tomorrow morning. Reuters is reporting that it's simply that the COO was the heir apparent for CEO, but the board was holding off. He felt that he was being passed over, or at least not being given his rightful opportunity and moved on. The CIO is less of an issue in any case. The information systems (they call is Point of Care) are all set up and it's just a matter of bringing new acquisitions into the system and teaching them to use it. All the tough work is complete, so she's not exactly needed at this point. I don't see any issues here. I believe it'll be good for 20% within a couple weeks. Just no reason for the sell off in the first place and the company was undervalued even before this. Check out the free cash flow.

Bought 6,705 SPNG at avg cost .19. Very interesting company. Check out this post from the yahoo board. Dude seems like he knows what’s up. Who knows, he could be full of it and I’ll lose all my money in a pump and dump scam.
Have 3 million shares myself at .022, got it back in December, wish I had waited until March to buy when it was .006. Anyway, there's still time to get into the stock, but the 10k will be out soon.Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is their auditor.They did 70 million in the first quarter of this year, compared to 50 million all of last year. Their profit margin on last year should be around 20%. This thing could see $20+ easily a share sometime in the near future.....if you decide to buy, do your own DD, don't rely on anything I have to say.Spongetech is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Per KennyL's suggestion this morning I tried to buy AMED options. I put in the order on scottrade at the asking price for much less than the number of contracts in the ask. It never triggered and ran up over 40% from there.

Effing scottrade. :goodposting:

The more I've looked into SPNG I'm thinking they are a scam. The delayed 10-k only reaffirms this in my opinion.

Still loving my $32.50 AMED shares! Wish I had bought more though now.

Bought 6,705 SPNG at avg cost .19. Very interesting company. Check out this post from the yahoo board. Dude seems like he knows what's up. Who knows, he could be full of it and I'll lose all my money in a pump and dump scam.
Have 3 million shares myself at .022, got it back in December, wish I had waited until March to buy when it was .006. Anyway, there's still time to get into the stock, but the 10k will be out soon.Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is their auditor.

They did 70 million in the first quarter of this year, compared to 50 million all of last year. Their profit margin on last year should be around 20%.

This thing could see $20+ easily a share sometime in the near future.....

if you decide to buy, do your own DD, don't rely on anything I have to say.

Spongetech is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
This is schtick, no?Spongetech has 750 MILLION shares outstanding. At $20 per share, that gives them a market cap of $14.5 BILLION, which would make this 5-employee company worth more than Porsche, Harley Davidson, Sun Microsystems, Marriott, Xerox, Rolls Royce, RIM, TD Ameritrade, etc.

I'd be spouting off whatever they wanted me to say if I had a tenfold win, but to say this stock will hit $20 is a pipe dream.

Bought 6,705 SPNG at avg cost .19. Very interesting company. Check out this post from the yahoo board. Dude seems like he knows what's up. Who knows, he could be full of it and I'll lose all my money in a pump and dump scam.
Have 3 million shares myself at .022, got it back in December, wish I had waited until March to buy when it was .006. Anyway, there's still time to get into the stock, but the 10k will be out soon.Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is their auditor.

They did 70 million in the first quarter of this year, compared to 50 million all of last year. Their profit margin on last year should be around 20%.

This is schtick, no?Spongetech has 750 MILLION shares outstanding. At $20 per share, that gives them a market cap of $14.5 BILLION, which would make this 5-employee company worth more than Porsche, Harley Davidson, Sun Microsystems, Marriott, Xerox, Rolls Royce, RIM, TD Ameritrade, etc.

I'd be spouting off whatever they wanted me to say if I had a tenfold win, but to say this stock will hit $20 is a pipe dream.
funny thing with SPNG is that they may actually have more than 750 million shares O/S. This could be why they delayed their filing.people think that these OB's have to file all of this stuff before thye do it because they are SEC reporting. Nope. Just have to file it at some point in time.

want to read about a ridiculous pump and dump, look up ARTI. Those guys are a piece of work. I actually had brought them up to a couple of guys on here via PM, we all would have made a ton, but I am actually happy to not be a part of it as it is a total scam.

I brought this stock up before, but you should pay attention to Fuqi International (FUQI), a Chinese jewelry retailer. Their chart is in an impressive base, and their fundamentals are second to none. YOY growth has been astounding (most recent quarter was 80%). IBD gives them 99s across the board -- the only stock in their database to get three 99s.

The stock jumped 2 1/2 pts the last two days, but a breakout appears to be imminent. I was in at 26.5 but it pulled back to 25 before running up to 27.5. Watch the chart carefully for increased volume, but this one is very strong.

Is it possible to detect short squeezes by looking at certain data? It seems to me that if you can ascertain where heavy short positions are, you might also be able to smell a squeeze coming as options are set to expire. I'm sure i'm not thinking of anything new for experts, but for a small time trader, can we acquire this information and utilize it?

I brought this stock up before, but you should pay attention to Fuqi International (FUQI), a Chinese jewelry retailer. Their chart is in an impressive base, and their fundamentals are second to none. YOY growth has been astounding (most recent quarter was 80%). IBD gives them 99s across the board -- the only stock in their database to get three 99s. The stock jumped 2 1/2 pts the last two days, but a breakout appears to be imminent. I was in at 26.5 but it pulled back to 25 before running up to 27.5. Watch the chart carefully for increased volume, but this one is very strong.
Up $1.40 this morning to just over $29.

funny thing with SPNG is that they may actually have more than 750 million shares O/S. This could be why they delayed their filing.people think that these OB's have to file all of this stuff before thye do it because they are SEC reporting. Nope. Just have to file it at some point in time.

want to read about a ridiculous pump and dump, look up ARTI. Those guys are a piece of work. I actually had brought them up to a couple of guys on here via PM, we all would have made a ton, but I am actually happy to not be a part of it as it is a total scam.
SPNG down 25% today, and at one point was down 40%. Not for the faint of heart.

Revo said:
I brought this stock up before, but you should pay attention to Fuqi International (FUQI), a Chinese jewelry retailer. Their chart is in an impressive base, and their fundamentals are second to none. YOY growth has been astounding (most recent quarter was 80%). IBD gives them 99s across the board -- the only stock in their database to get three 99s. The stock jumped 2 1/2 pts the last two days, but a breakout appears to be imminent. I was in at 26.5 but it pulled back to 25 before running up to 27.5. Watch the chart carefully for increased volume, but this one is very strong.
FUQI on the run....up $2.20 now.

I've been trading AMED these past few days quite a bit. What are the rules so I don't get flagged as a day trader?

PGNE back down to .16. Given their last 6 weeks, this is where they'll probably announce news about the next well and jump back over .20.

I've been trading AMED these past few days quite a bit. What are the rules so I don't get flagged as a day trader?
4 trades in 5 business days, although a b/d may flag your account anyway. Just try not to sell any security you bought within 3 days and you should be fine.

KERX jumped up this morning. They're supposed to present at an investment conference this afternoon. I guess people are hoping they'll announce news at the conference.

FUQI on the run....up $2.20 now.
FUQI up 0.66 to $30.40 now. The stock's now in a breakout. Holding 30.00 is key, but it's fully supported by the fundamentals and the increased accumulation yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread