What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (1 Viewer)

Sorry. Technology is good. But if we went back to 1980 I would be fine with that
:lol:

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, you DO realize you're in the minority, and you're posting on a web-based fantasy football forum, right? Nobody's stopping you from culling your info from USA today if you wanna go retro, GB :thumbup:

Very unhappy about it too. As one who's only internet access is and has been via desktop computer, I have zero interest in all the other crap (yes crap) FBG's has and is been doing for the multitude of mobile devices in use and available, I couldn't care less about them.
Again, respect your opinion, but you're in the minority.... more web traffic originates from Mobile devices than desktop devices nowadays. Desktop is slowly dying and mobile is the future. 

Anyway guys, here's an update on progress. We've found a few more bugs, nothing we can't fix, but we probably need one more day on this. I am even sacrificing watching my compatriots destroy the Rio velodrome here ;-) if you knew me IRL you'd know that to be a significant sacrifice!

So the plan from here is we'll be back on this tomorrow, BUT I will post a link to the testing version of the site here, most likely quite early in the day EST. Thanks again for the patience; we are super close. We'll have it fully launched end of tomorrow I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a matter of not paying a 3rd party vendor a license fee when you are developing things in house...I understand. It's not ideal from a customer standpoint but it is more understandable knowing that it is a business/financial decision.

Good luck in finishing up what you need to do. A lot of subscribers are chomping at the bit.

No pressure. ;)

Anyway guys, here's an update on progress. We've found a few more bugs, nothing we can't fix, but we probably need one more day on this. I am even sacrificing watching my compatriots destroy the Rio velodrome here ;-) if you knew me IRL you'd know that to be a significant sacrifice!

So the plan from here is we'll be back on this tomorrow, BUT I will post a link to the testing version of the site here, most likely quite early in the day EST. Thanks again for the patience; we are super close. We'll have it fully launched end of tomorrow I imagine.
Should have taken over Germany when you had the chance, huh? ;)

The delay is because until leagues start up for 2016 with enough drafted, the syncing is impossible to test and know we have right.
As others have said, thanks for the update. I hope to check out the new and improved MyFBG tomorrow.

I am as big of an advocator of Footballguys as anyone and have recommended the service to virtually every fantasy player I know. You guys offer the best content I've found and plan to continue to subscribe. However, I'm really feeling hesitant going into this year and I hate it. I don't love the functionality of the mobile app and it is a bit concerning that the web version will now have the same look and feel. Normally I would have been scouring the rankings for weeks in preparation for drafts and roster cuts that are due this weekend. I was pretty successful last year and I believe a big part of it was the preseason/draft prep information and tools you guys offered. There are several subscribers in my keeper leagues that have rosters you could use to test syncing. If helpful I can provide MFL league IDs.

Dynasty/keeper leagues are the focal point of fantasy football for me and I feel we are getting pushed aside. This also applies to the draft dominator. I am grateful we can enter keepers, but trading draft picks and customizing the draft order is far from a user friendly experience and a pretty big bummer that these do not sync. Also, my dad is cursing you for removing the ability to share leagues, he has an even harder time setting it up than I do lol. Hopefully the new MyFBG will eliminate some of this headache and sync to next year's DD.

TL;DR:

I'm not the biggest fan of the mobile apps and am worried that MyFBG is going to take a step back.

I hope there is more consideration for dynasty leagues across the board in the future.

The delay is because until leagues start up for 2016 with enough drafted, the syncing is impossible to test and know we have right. In light of all the facts and numbers, this was the only way to move things over. I'm going to jump back on the development here - don't want to delay things further!

Aren't there about a bajillion dynasty leagues you can use?

A bajillion dynasty leagues, yes; nearly all on MFL. Far fewer NFL.com leagues, Yahoo, ESPN and CBS leagues around until now.

@jaygibs have not forgotten about dynasty. This import functionality will import your keepers and draft order too automatically next year. And Classic Dominator had MFL import this year. Feedback like "I don't like the functionality of the mobile app" is really tough to hear because I can't action it. If you can be specific with your feedback, like, "I couldn't find feature X" or "I found it difficult to do Y" that's much easier on us. Your Draft Dominator comments are perfect here. And I know we'll address those for next year. Thanks.

A bajillion dynasty leagues, yes; nearly all on MFL. Far fewer NFL.com leagues, Yahoo, ESPN and CBS leagues around until now.

@jaygibs have not forgotten about dynasty. This import functionality will import your keepers and draft order too automatically next year. And Classic Dominator had MFL import this year. Feedback like "I don't like the functionality of the mobile app" is really tough to hear because I can't action it. If you can be specific with your feedback, like, "I couldn't find feature X" or "I found it difficult to do Y" that's much easier on us. Your Draft Dominator comments are perfect here. And I know we'll address those for next year. Thanks.
Well, since you asked...

The main missing things on the "new" Dominator are the very things that MFL Import handles - importing rosters and pick order, including trades.  I typically have to run MFL Import every round or two in my "slow" draft for my keeper league to catch-up with the traded draft picks and players. 

The "new" Dominator looks nice for redraft but it is in no way ready to handle heavy keeper or dynasty leagues. 

And if you want another feature request to spend the winter working on (unless you already fixed this somehow in the new version): the algorithm for who to select next needs to be adjusted for bench spots, particularly for deep leagues.  Right now it ranks options based on projected points.  Once we get past the starters and bye week backups, we need to draft based on upside - those players that would impact your league if an injury happened.   Think Devonte Booker instead of Ronnie Hillman.  Using the Classic Dominator, Hillman is projected to have 87.3 points (RB56) and Booker to have 68.1 (RB69) but anyone taking Hillman over Booker is making a mistake.  

I'm running an older Mac OSX that doesn't support the new app, so I REALLY hope they don't kill off classic. 

Well, since you asked...

The main missing things on the "new" Dominator are the very things that MFL Import handles - importing rosters and pick order, including trades.  I typically have to run MFL Import every round or two in my "slow" draft for my keeper league to catch-up with the traded draft picks and players. 

The "new" Dominator looks nice for redraft but it is in no way ready to handle heavy keeper or dynasty leagues. 

And if you want another feature request to spend the winter working on (unless you already fixed this somehow in the new version): the algorithm for who to select next needs to be adjusted for bench spots, particularly for deep leagues.  Right now it ranks options based on projected points.  Once we get past the starters and bye week backups, we need to draft based on upside - those players that would impact your league if an injury happened.   Think Devonte Booker instead of Ronnie Hillman.  Using the Classic Dominator, Hillman is projected to have 87.3 points (RB56) and Booker to have 68.1 (RB69) but anyone taking Hillman over Booker is making a mistake.  
This isn't really the thread for this, but MFL import will be there for 2017. The upside thing is EXACTLY one of the reasons why we are trying to move people from DD Classic to the new one because the new one does precisely that. The example I always give is, don't be the guy who drafts Brian Hartline...

We're going live this afternonon with MyFootballguys. I'll post a link here in the next few hours. Before I do, here's some notes:

1) we've worked hard during the last week to get rid of all the bugs. We think we're very very close; we can't find anymore at this point. But as with any piece of software, we won't have got every single last one. I will monitor this thread very closely for any reports and we'll be right onto those and fix up any issues that people find.

2) The #1 criticism of the subscriber interface I have heard since I started to work for Footballguys is, "it's impossible to find anything!". We have loads and loads of links to tons of different pages on the site. Sure, after a while you work your way around the quirks but it's still not ideal.

So, our move here is to have a navigation system that contains far fewer options. Like, less than 10. Scroll up to the top here and you'll see there's a few more than 10 currently! So at first glance, it would be easy to go "arrghh! there's nothing here!" but each screen within the new MyFootballguys does a whole lot more than any single page did. As an example - we no longer have (number of projectors * number of weeks * number of NFL positions) huge number of projection links/screens in this new system. Just one: "Personalized Rankings". This screen then allows you to drill down weekly, preseason, rest of season, change projector balance (so possible to have a mix on the site now), individual positions, the league it's customized for etc.

Likewise: the lineup coach will list your players, and you can drilldown onto individual players for news and updates from there (without leaving the page which we also think is super useful for player research)

3) Slow roll out: over this week and maybe into the beginning of the next, we'll have more help: an article is coming very soon on how to use this and transition to it. We'll start linking the old screens to the new equivalents. For today, we're putting it live and including a single link in the menu.

4) This is just the start for this new tool. In the future, this will be the base for how everyone will choose to consume their subscription content. But we are very receptive to feedback; just be as detailed as you can with it.

5) This is far from just me. David, Joe, Keith have been involved in the development process here but most of the grunt work has been done by the new guys to our team this year - Evan, Domenic and Mike. I mention this so you guys recognise that we are investing heavily in this new tool and know that there is a professional team of developers working on this, full time. Features will continue to be added throughout the year...

6) Before the season starts we will have the 10 second primer back in (I hope quite soon), a waiver wire analyzer before FFPC first waivers open, and in season week-to-week player analysis. During the season, we plan to add game recaps, a trade tool to analyze and suggest trades etc.

7) The new features here will roll out to the new mobile app later in the week.

I'll be back with the link later. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

http://my.footballguys.com

Now, how did no-one guess that URL?! ;-)

Please read the notes above. It's 11pm here so I'm headed to bed in a little while. I'll be back on this at around 4am EST and will reply to everyone's comments/concerns/bugs/issues etc etc in the morning.

but to get going, you're going to want to 1) login, 2) setup your leagues which will probably involve importing from MyFBG on the edit my leagues page then using the setup roster link option, then 3) go to the personalized rankings and lineup coach screens.

Thanks for the update, Simon!

Nice to get my stuff running again in MyFBG

My primary gripe w/ it at first glance is that using it on my desktop I feel like I'm basically looking at site that was designed for a mobile device.  Are there plans to have a desktop optimized version?

Thanks for the update, Simon!

Nice to get my stuff running again in MyFBG

My primary gripe w/ it at first glance is that using it on my desktop I feel like I'm basically looking at site that was designed for a mobile device.  Are there plans to have a desktop optimized version?
 It's designed as a responsive website - my question is, why do you think it's deficient on desktop? We spent ages and ages talking about this on staff. Does parts of a page moving around mean that should only be on mobile? What do people want on desktop? How can we deliver that most efficiently? When you say you want a desktop optimized version - give some examples there of things that you find inconvenient or things you'd like us to add. Thanks.

Son of a B, terrible time to have to relearn all new stuff and figure out how to navigate through all this, right in the middle of a draft. 

I can't even get signed in to my leagues on MyFBG to get my leagues into MyFBG. No idea what the problem is
going to need more info than that to be able to help! how far are you getting? did you find the login screen? maybe needs email address? maybe try changing password on the normal site so you know that's right?

*edit: ok, for which site? you're sure the username and password are correct? if so, could you PM me the login details? feel free to change your password on the host site first!

Uhh, how the heck do I get draft lists that show who is already on my team and who is still available to be drafted?

Why didn't my league scoring get imported? Edit My Leagues > Scoring > when I click on Passing none of the settings appear and it looks like nothing was imported.

ETA: First impression is this thing is infested with bugs. It only imported 11 out of 12 teams (12th team has no players and named Team 1), no scoring settings are displayed, can't add scoring settings, and nothing shows up when I click to see Settings for the league. I am not impressed at all and the timing of this update is just terrible. 

ETA2: None of this #### ####### works!

this is definitely in the "be more specific" category. It's designed as a responsive website - my question is, why do you think it's deficient on desktop? We spent ages and ages talking about this on staff. Does parts of a page moving around mean that should only be on mobile? What do people want on desktop? How can we deliver that most efficiently? When you say you want a desktop optimized version - give some examples there of things that you find inconvenient or things you'd like us to add. Thanks.
For myself, I think it might be the lack of columns on the home screen.  I know from other sites that I visit, as you narrow the browser you may see the mobile optimized version which decreases the number of columns on the home screen so that you can scroll up and down to view everything.  Being on a rather large monitor, having to scroll down as much as I need to on the home screen to see the links to the articles isn't ideal.

Having to click the Menu button to see the links I can navigate to is another reason why it feels like it's "geared towards mobile". This the sort of button I would assume to see on a mobile device due to the screen real estate not being able to provide a header of links click.

Almost seems like "Latest Articles" should be taking up the majority of the home screen w/ the latest news blurbs about players taking up a much more narrow column.  Maybe the reason for having the latest news take up so much real estate is to fit the "FBG View" column if there's data related to that?

Just a couple critiques.  Thanks for all the hard work that went into this!

"In previous years, you used to be able to click buttons here to highlight the players on your team and/or any other team in your league. DON'T WORRY! That functionality WILL BE BACK. We are currently working to overhaul some procedures, the result of which will be that the league linking is much smoother and more stable than before. Thank you for your patience."

Where is this?

Hey @ichris,
If you go to the "Personalized Rankings" screen, you should get a list of players and a column labeled "owner" if you click on a team name in that column all the players for that team should highlight.

As far as importing settings goes, we are currently working on that, and hope to have that included soon.  Currently we are just importing teams and rosters, though you should be able to edit your settings manually.

If you are having problems with the import we can look into if you please provide us with as much information as possible to help troubleshoot the issue.

Domenic

Hey @ichris,
If you go to the "Personalized Rankings" screen, you should get a list of players and a column labeled "owner" if you click on a team name in that column all the players for that team should highlight.

As far as importing settings goes, we are currently working on that, and hope to have that included soon.  Currently we are just importing teams and rosters, though you should be able to edit your settings manually.

If you are having problems with the import we can look into if you please provide us with as much information as possible to help troubleshoot the issue.

Domenic
Nice, thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:

ETA: First impression is this thing is infested with bugs. It only imported 11 out of 12 teams (12th team has no players and named Team 1), no scoring settings are displayed, can't add scoring settings, and nothing shows up when I click to see Settings for the league. I am not impressed at all and the timing of this update is just terrible. 

ETA2: None of this #### ####### works!
I have the same issues...only 11 teams import out of 12. Importing from RTSports. 

Login not working for FFPC.

ETA -- And all MFL leagues leaving 1 team off (11 out of 12 teams in most.....13 out of 14 in another).

Players listed as free agents that sren't
Can you give any more information on this one? What league host are you using (Yahoo, ESPN, MFL, etc)? What page in the app are you talking about (personalized rankings, lineup coach)? Are you certain rosters were synced to your league? Are you sure the correct league was selected at the top of the screen? If that is the case, which players are showing up as FA that shouldn't? Is it all players or only some?

Guys that are trying to link leagues and having issues:  If you want to have your issues expedited, PM me with your league credentials (after you change them) and let me know what you are/aren't seeing.  

Everyone: We'd be happy to fix any issues that come up, just need information in order to diagnose the issues. As Simon mentioned in his post earlier, we squashed lots of bugs already, but there was bound to be some that we missed. We'll squash them as well as quickly as we can. MyFBG will only get better from here. 

What info do you need?  My FFPC won't sync when putting in credentials.

ETA -- After closing the site and going back in and then syncing again, it pulled all 12 teams and then asked which team was mine.  This didn't happen the first time I linked the leagues (and only pulled 11 of 12 leagues, for example). 

That said, it hasn't imported any of the scoring correctly for any of my MFL leagues.

Can you give any more information on this one? What league host are you using (Yahoo, ESPN, MFL, etc)? What page in the app are you talking about (personalized rankings, lineup coach)? Are you certain rosters were synced to your league? Are you sure the correct league was selected at the top of the screen? If that is the case, which players are showing up as FA that shouldn't? Is it all players or only some?
MFL. Some players noticed. DeAndre Washington, Erin Henderson. DT Brandon Williams, DE Michael Bennett, could be more

For that one, please change your FFPC p/w and send your credentials to Mike Lee. He'll get it sorted out.
No offense, but with an account that has $$$$ in it, I'm not sending someone my login and password even if I change it.  That's a bit ridiculous.  This isn't an MFL league we're talking about here.

What info do you need?  My FFPC won't sync when putting in credentials.

ETA -- After closing the site and going back in and then syncing again, it pulled all 12 teams and then asked which team was mine.  This didn't happen the first time I linked the leagues (and only pulled 11 of 12 leagues, for example). 

That said, it hasn't imported any of the scoring correctly for any of my MFL leagues.

Scoring was never something that synced across in MyFBG in the past. We are working on getting that to sync as well in the future, but for now you must edit your league settings manually just the same as in the old myfbg.

No offense, but with an account that has $$$$ in it, I'm not sending someone my login and password even if I change it.  That's a bit ridiculous.  This isn't an MFL league we're talking about here.

That's understandable, we'll work on fixing it, but it may take us a bit longer without being able to understand the problem. Is it displaying an error message at all?

That's understandable, we'll work on fixing it, but it may take us a bit longer without being able to understand the problem. Is it displaying an error message at all?
We couldn't find any leagues on this account. Double check they show on the host site and are setup for this year. If this problem persists, please contact us on apps@footballguys.com.

From the consumer perspective it was a bad business decision.  If it wasn't ready in April/May then FBG's should have continued it's relationship with the 3rd party for the 2016 season.  Instead we've paid for a service which has been taken away from the users for the past 5 months and by the time it's delivered it's usefulness to me will be much less.

I understand the decision from the FBG perspective.  Bringing it in house means it's cheaper and you can tailor it they way you want it.  It's probably not going to cost FBG's much but it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

This had very little to do with money.  It was the fact that by licensing the needed tech, we could not have this go where we wanted it to go.  We needed the code to be in Javascript technologies so that the same code could work on your phone, tablet, Mac or PC.  We needed it not to bottleneck through a single point of use server (where ESPN, Yahoo or other providers could decide they wanted to block said apps).  We needed to dive deeper into data grabbing than what the service was able to offer.  

In the end, we felt like the temporary solution we were using was derailing us from creating the tools we wanted to create.  So we bit the bullet and created this tech in-house.  Joe and I apologize that everything we used to do isn't fully functioning this second.  We get that pain more than anyone.  But we do believe this process (although a tad painful to be dealing with in August) was necessary to begin rolling out the next generation of tools that have been floating in our heads for some time.

I hope everyone can try and stay calm as we work to make these features the best in the industry.

What David said above. We want nothing more than to get this working smoothly for everyone. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we work through kinks. Trust me, I get the frustration. We feel it too. Simon and Evan and Mike and Domenic will do all they can to make this thing awesome. Thanks for your help and patience as we iron out the kinks. 

Thanks.

J

Users who are viewing this thread