What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (1 Viewer)

Simon Shepherd said:
Please keep your feedback constructive or we can't do anything about it. Thanks. Please try to think, "am I giving Footballguys something they can action here?"

Contest entries are visible as they've always been on the main site.
What the hell?  

Hmmm yeah

Managing expectations is not an intuitive skill

Anyone else get like 82 players load for their customized rankings?

(ETA: I scroll down and that's it....stops at 82.)

:shrug:

I'm sure it will all get worked out. Our draft is 9 days away, thankfully the season is a, why, 11 days behind that? Plenty of time to get the bugs worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quit after seeing 28 quarterbacks and then 29th said #4 Rodgers again, 30th said #5 Wilson again.   I'll check and freak out again in 2 days.

Lets see changed website and it is not as good as before.  Changed DD and in at least some respects, is not as good as before.  Maybe it is time to get a new set of developers. Or possibly management with realistic expectations.

I quit after seeing 28 quarterbacks and then 29th said #4 Rodgers again, 30th said #5 Wilson again.   I'll check and freak out again in 2 days.
Agreed ... the more I play around on this platform, the more frustrated I get.  I'll probably revert back to DD and print out a cheatsheet ... and that's the Classic DD btw  :shock:  

You can use the old MyFBG throughout this year, if you manually input your rosters. But we'd obviously much prefer the constructive feedback to bridge any perceived weaknesses of the new vs the old.
I'm a developer too, and I'm on board with the new architecture design 100%. Ultimately it will make your lives so much easier.

But this is a customer service disaster.  David said this change isnt about money, so why not pay the syncing service fee for one more year so that MYFBG works now?!?!?  People would be happy to review the new my football guys stuff and provide constructive feedback throughout the year.  This decision not to run parallel versions is baffling.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback. We'll continue to work hard at this. We'll do our best to action what we can in here.

Steeler said:
I'm a developer too, and I'm on board with the new architecture design 100%. Ultimately it will make your lives so much easier.

But this is a customer service disaster.  David said this change isnt about money, so why not pay the syncing service fee for one more year so that MYFBG works now?!?!?  People would be happy to review the new my football guys stuff and provide constructive feedback throughout the year.  This decision not to run parallel versions is baffling.
You said exactly what I was thinking.

We are listening to the feedback guys, and to prove it check out what we just pushed out.

• We made changes to the projections grids, got rid of the player images there, and reorganized some things to try and make it as compact as possible.
  • We made the league select save which league you last were using, so if you leave the app/refresh you'll be back on the league you last were viewing.
We'll have more later today, but we wanted to get this in as soon as we could.

Just went back to myFBG's and it looks 100% better without the player images. Makes it much easier to view the data.

Now the bad news, I can't get the page to scroll down. Using Chrome and don't have the problem on any other webpage. Closed out and came back in in case it was just a temporary glitch, but it appears to be a new issue.

And no clue how to switch from QB to another position. When I click on the position header it just sorts the QB position.

@J Giles Band Were you trying to scroll over the "whole page" or just over the table itself?
That fixed it...  had to scroll over the table itself. Thanks Domenic. Would not have guessed that.

I also just figured out how to change the position filter. Intuitively I would have expected that option to be available if you clicked on the position column heading. Old habits, I guess...

I second the request for the shading option for players on a team (or free agents) extend the length of the row if possible. Makes it more pronounced.

Just went back to myFBG's and it looks 100% better without the player images. Makes it much easier to view the data.

Now the bad news, I can't get the page to scroll down. Using Chrome and don't have the problem on any other webpage. Closed out and came back in in case it was just a temporary glitch, but it appears to be a new issue.

And no clue how to switch from QB to another position. When I click on the position header it just sorts the QB position.
That is great. Helps us subscribers plenty. Thanks

BroadwayG said:
In 'personalized rankings' when you click the 'Pos' column to sort, the position sorts alphabetically instead of numerically.  RB1, then RB10, then RB100, then RB11..RB19, RB2.
Thanks - we'll add that to the list - and get on it as soon as we can.

On Classic we could view an entire team on 1 page with preseason projections and then inseason weekly projections when the season started. Is that no more or is it coming?

When you click on a player's name, his "page" pops up to the right.  However, part of the information is cut off to the right.  The heading only says "Receiving S" for example and I see "Rec" and "Yards" but that's it.  I'm assuming there's TDs as well but you can't see it.  This is on both Chrome and Firefox for me.

When you click on a player's name, his "page" pops up to the right.  However, part of the information is cut off to the right.  The heading only says "Receiving S" for example and I see "Rec" and "Yards" but that's it.  I'm assuming there's TDs as well but you can't see it.  This is on both Chrome and Firefox for me.
It's there, you just have to click and drag to highlight the text and you reveal the extra information.  The kind of thing a bottom scrollbar would be good for. Edit: There actually is a bottom scroll-bar which you can see when the 'page' begins to render, but it drops out of sight and unreachable once it fully loads.

Also, I intuitively click the player's name to close his "page", but that just closes and reopens it.

This comment came across as condescending. Good example of why its risky for developers to talk directly to the customers. You don't get to tell us how to think. We're the ones beta testing this mess for you during peak drafting season. Since the company put the developers in charge of customer support you need accept our comments and feedback without sounding dismissive.  

I am shocked you are making this argument to your customers that are trying to make sense of all these new changes on a broken website while attempting to draft. 
 I get that Simon is primarily concerned about constructive feedback but Joe and David need to understand that a lot of their customers are not happy with how this was handled.  

I can't speak for anyone else but 20 years ago I used to start working on my own projections in May. Work and family no longer allow me to do that, so I have been paying FBG for information and tools to help me be prepared without investing as much time. Every minute I spend trying to learn this the week of the draft is a minute I can't spend preparing for that draft.  That's kind of important to me even if Simon doesn't think it should be.

It's there, you just have to click and drag to highlight the text and you reveal the extra information.  The kind of thing a bottom scrollbar would be good for. Edit: There actually is a bottom scroll-bar which you can see when the 'page' begins to render, but it drops out of sight and unreachable once it fully loads.

Also, I intuitively click the player's name to close his "page", but that just closes and reopens it.
:lmao:   That's awful.

So from myFBG page you select footballguys.con from menu and it opens a new window and that window has no scroll bar or menu bar.  Nice work,  Go out of your way to program crap like that.

1.  Get the color coded free agents, and my team stuff working.  People have been asking for this since March.

2.  You guys need a designer.  You guys might be great programmers but the webpages do not look good at all.  Don't break something that works.  

3.  Piling on #2 this thing is not user friendly to navigate at all.  At all.  It's just not very good.  I'm not trying to hurt feelings here but reboot back to the old with the old functionality (not a link to the old with half the functionality).  Role this new thing out in 2017 after a better design and more testing has occurred.

The 10 second weekly primer last year was fantastic.  It doesn't work anymore on the old version.  The new version is not good at all.  I have to click league by league and it only shows suggested starters not my backups.  Please fix this.

The player information page needs work.  You can have click and scroll to read the stats and can see about 5 columns at a time.  And put the stats at the top and all the summary text at the bottom.

Edit to add: You click anywhere on that page and the player info. pop up comes up.  Make it pop up when you click on the player name only.  It doesn't need to look like whack a mole because I accidentally clicked on passing yards.

The 10 second weekly primer last year was fantastic.  It doesn't work anymore on the old version.  The new version is not good at all.  I have to click league by league and it only shows suggested starters not my backups.  Please fix this.

We are bringing back the 10 second weekly primer, it will be in the app before the season starts. 

The scoring didn't import correctly either.

None of the reception scoring on the receiving part of scoring settings imported correctly.
MyFBG has never supported importing scoring or lineup settings. We will be looking to add that in the future.

On the edit my leagues page, can you sort these things or is it random? 
Currently, they are neither random nor sortable, but you can change the selected league in 2 clicks and it stays selected until you change it again, even if you leave the app and come back!

**update**  On team set team rosters, done button still doesn't work on phone.  I just tried.

Just pushed more changes. Here's the incomplete list of today's changes:

• Articles are now viewable by week instead of by day
  • player card closes if you click the player's name in the grid again
  • scrollbar display issue in the stats grid on the player card is fixed
  • done button issue should be fixed on the roster settings screen
  • we learned ffpc isn't allowing some ffpc leagues to sync and a message will display with the full explanation during the import 
  • improved news performance which allows for more historical news and should make page loads quicker
  • got rid of player images in personalized rankings grids
  • added tag blurbs in personalized rankings grids telling you which players we have a special blurb to read on
  • some firefox specific issues were fixed
  • some column size adjustments in grids
  • general syncing improvements

I still can't a get a window for "password" on my iPad. Blnk box and once I start typing my email, "username" comes up on the left. But agin, no way to put password in. Just the box that pops up and says: WE NEED A PASSWORD!

We are bringing back the 10 second weekly primer, it will be in the app before the season starts. 

MyFBG has never supported importing scoring or lineup settings. We will be looking to add that in the future.

Currently, they are neither random nor sortable, but you can change the selected league in 2 clicks and it stays selected until you change it again, even if you leave the app and come back!
Scoring was correct on old MYFBG page.  It imported from there (or somewhere) everything but the reception scoring.  That part was not correct.

I still can't a get a window for "password" on my iPad. Blnk box and once I start typing my email, "username" comes up on the left. But agin, no way to put password in. Just the box that pops up and says: WE NEED A PASSWORD!

We recommend those using apple devices to download the app in the app store rather than use the site. At least for now, it will give you a better experience (just be a little bit behind in updates). The issue you are experiencing is likely an iPad browser specific issue. The issue you are experiencing is not an issue in desktop browsers.

Android app gone?
Google play store policies are extremely strict on anti-gambling and very loose on what constitutes gambling. We can't get this app in there yet, we had enough trouble just getting the draft dominator in, but it is something we are working on making happen. Chrome on android should be better supported for using the website right now than Safari on Apple devices.

We recommend those using apple devices to download the app in the app store rather than use the site. At least for now, it will give you a better experience (just be a little bit behind in updates). The issue you are experiencing is likely an iPad browser specific issue. The issue you are experiencing is not an issue in desktop browsers.
A password box does not appear in Chrome. IE and Firefox seem ok. 

Currently, there isn't a way to get dynasty league rankings filtered that way. I'll add it to the list of improvements to make.
That's disappointing.  More functionality missing.

Sure seems like you guys should have focused on getting the import functionality working this year and then work on your new UI for next season...

I had that issue, but from an earlier post just entered the user name and then hit tab.  Also might be an issue with your fonts being a bit too large

Yotes1, you are a genius. This looks like the issue you are having. In the browser settings you've likely set a custom font. We'll see what we can do to make a larger font not mess things up, but for now go back to normal font and if you have difficulty seeing page zoom shouldn't cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread