What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (1 Viewer)

The sliders will have value labels and will be changed to allow for 0% from unwanted projectors in the future.

If you want to print a cheatsheet you can export a cheatsheet from our draft dominator app. It'll get sent to your email in a spreadsheet. You can also export a spreadsheet from our personalized rankings page on myFootballguys by clicking the download icon above the grid. There are also a ton of premade cheatsheets available for printing here http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=cheatsheets that would work for most leagues out there.
:thumbup:

I can't get this crap to work at ALL. It imported a league but now my "lineup coach" is completely blank. Selected the league from the side but still nothing. 

I'm generally a pretty tech savvy guy, and really wanted to like this.... but this is ####### horrible so far. Terrible, unintuitive UI... doesn't seem to work at all. Mac OSX Using Chrome. 

This was one of the primary features I paid FBG for....Classic better still work... 

EDIT: Reloading browser 3x..closing out.... and restarting and it seems to come up now. Sorta... 

Last edited by a moderator:
So we can no longer sync rosters on MYFBG classic, and we're stuck with this albatross version of MyFBG for the season? 

Is this really what the staff is dropping on us 2 weeks before the season? 

Well, at least FBG has increased their profit margins... we should all be happy about that!!!!1!!!

This has been beyond a disaster.  When will I be able to click Forecast/Dynasty and have my players from CBS highlighted like normal.​

​

Man you have to click like 5 times to get anything done in this app... definitely need to streamline UI. 

EXAMPLE: IF I want to change from viewing WR to RB I have to:
• CLICK FUNNEL
• CLICK POSITIONS
• UNCLICK WR
• CLICK RB
• CLICK DONE
• CLICK APPLY
• Wait 3-4 seconds for the chart to update. 
That's absolutely ridiculous

Static top 1/4 of page being wasted with whitespace (put some nav in there to more quickly access information) and forcing actual content to the bottom 3/4 kinda sucks 

As a D Lewis (RB NE) owner, it's nice to see him projected higher than Blount week 1. I was getting nervous all those rumors of him being out 6 weeks were true ;)

Thanks renesauz,

It's definitely been something we've learned from. And we'll continue to keep doing all we can there. More things coming this week hopefully.

This definitely should have been communicated better and that's on me. Full responsibility there. And I agree with you for sure, very appreciative of Simon, Even, Mike, Domenic and crew as they try to help things here. We'll stay on this for you doing all we can to make it the best we can. Thanks for everyone's patience. 

J
When will I be able to see my dynasty players highlighted on the forecast page.  Nothing is syncing to my CBS roster.

Officially subscribed to 4for4.com. 

FBG has a couple weeks to get this squared away or I'm going to request a refund for my 2-3 years left on my subscription. 

Gottabesweet said:
TERRIBLE!!!!! Doesn't seem like anyone cares.  Sorry to hurt feelings but this looks like a child developed it.  It doesn't look clean or crisp at all.
Glitches happen when developing.  I can understand that.

What I don't understand is the thought that it is okay to use paying customers as beta testers right when the purchased product is needed most.

There are enough dynasty league players here, across multiple platforms, that this could've been tested in June, using volunteers (offer a free t-shirt for crying out loud, there are enough die-hard fans that care about this stuff that you'd probably be flooded with responses) to work the bugs out.

I love the original product.  I LOVE it.  That's why I paid for it, years in advance.  Now the product is different.  Ok, I'm sure it will be great, eventually.  But I paid for a product to be used when I wanted to use it.  As of now, I can't use it.  This has affected 5 leagues for me so far, with 2 more likely being added to that tally this weekend.

At least the airlines put me up at a hotel for the night when they botch a flight.

What I don't understand is the thought that it is okay to use paying customers as beta testers right when the purchased product is needed most.

There are enough dynasty league players here, across multiple platforms, that this could've been tested in June, using volunteers (offer a free t-shirt for crying out loud, there are enough die-hard fans that care about this stuff that you'd probably be flooded with responses) to work the bugs out.

I love the original product.  I LOVE it.  That's why I paid for it, years in advance.  Now the product is different.  Ok, I'm sure it will be great, eventually.  But I paid for a product to be used when I wanted to use it.  As of now, I can't use it.  This has affected 5 leagues for me so far, with 2 more likely being added to that tally this weekend.

At least the airlines put me up at a hotel for the night when they botch a flight.
:thumbup:

Yeah.. if you're going to take a critical feature of the site and change it, that's fine. But don't take away the old version people relied on while launching a flawed replacement during the most critical weeks of the season...

Simon did his best to jump in here and communicate but it was kinda too little too late. Now thousands of customers are having to frantically re-learn a new system (that is clearly not ready for prime-time) at the worst possible time, and without the old system to lean on in a pinch. 

Not trying to tear anyone down in particular, but this is really....really......really poorly executed by FBG. 

Joe's "oops sorry, THAT'S ON ME" response without offering any legitimate solutions feels cliche/hollow. Sorry, buddy. You know I'm a fan... but that was kinda weak :(.  

I'm late to the game here, but equally as frustrated as most seem to be in this thread.  

First the new application isn't working... then I find out that the forum area where I could get help from the staff or community is closed... and now we have all the issues in one thread?  Geez, that's not great for a paid service.

Does anybody have insight in how I can get the MyFootballguys 'thing' to sync with the team in a MyFantasyLeague?!  I get as far as the MyFBG importing the league but it keeps erroring out after I put in my password - which is 100000% correct - and fails to sync.

I've tried 2 different browsers, and via my android phone.  No such luck.  

Jrodicus said:

This. I purchased before my draft. Had no idea it changed...awful

How do you link a league?

I still can't do it

EDIT:So I do it on my phone but on PC with Chrome it jsut says syncing and does nothing.

This stinks. I loved the old version - this new Window 10 based format is awful

[icon] said:
Man you have to click like 5 times to get anything done in this app... definitely need to streamline UI. 

• CLICK FUNNEL
• CLICK POSITIONS
• UNCLICK WR
• CLICK RB
• CLICK DONE
• CLICK APPLY

Static top 1/4 of page being wasted with whitespace (put some nav in there to more quickly access information) and forcing actual content to the bottom 3/4 kinda sucks
They are adding position filters to the top of the table for one-click changing.

For a lot of your other troubles, instead of F5 or clicking the reload button try CTRL+F5 instead.  This does a "no-cache" reload and frequently clears up errors. 

30 minutes now and can't log out

Syncing...

No leagues found: but we are syncing your account right now - if you have any, they'll appear here soon!

I gotta say I don't know if there is a bigger fan of Footballguys then myself.  It transformed my FF game when I joined in 2010 and I've refer many friends to it.   I've been onboard with the DD change over despite the issues it had as I understand the why and they've kept the classic DD available while they work to perfect the new app.  That makes sense.   But this myfbg rollout has been an abject disaster and handled extremely poorly.  There is no question Simon and his team have and are working hard but it all feels like a massive failure of leadership.    

I've owned and operated businesses in customer service for 20+ years and the number one lesson I've learned is that while everyone may not agree with or understand your decisions the only way to work through any issue is with communication.  This is the exact thing that has been lacking here.  The long silence from Joe and David was concerning,  it felt very much like a "let them ##### and moan for a while and it will all blow over".   While I understand that technique as it is a forum and #####ing and moaning is what gets done best here, that doesn't work when it's in conjunction with a massive rollout failure, and a quick "I'm sorry be patient" post in the middle of a thread doesn't qualify as communication.   

Two things done at this point calm this storm.  1- ensuring ALL old functionality is up and running while the new improved beta system is vetted out.  2- A separate new thread post from Joe or David explaining the long term vision of Footballguys and what its going to take to get there, an apology for this rollout disaster and an appeal to us (the customer) to be patient throughout this process.   

While this won't stop the complaints cold (it is a forum after all) it will appease us long term customers and fans.   

[icon] said:

• CLICK FUNNEL
• CLICK POSITIONS
• UNCLICK WR
• CLICK RB
• CLICK DONE
• CLICK APPLY

As a D Lewis (RB NE) owner, it's nice to see him projected higher than Blount week 1. I was getting nervous all those rumors of him being out 6 weeks were true ;)
I'm getting seriously annoyed switching between preseason and weekly rankings, it resets all filters to default.  Such a time suck at this point.

and the lineup coach shows a lineup, and nothing else?  oh i better go grab dion lewis asap, he's the only recommended upgrade!

Ind the lineup coach shows a lineup, and nothing else?  oh i better go grab dion lewis asap, he's the only recommended upgrade!
Xenith - we're working on a waiver wire analyzer that should be ready soon, however if you click on the position label in the first column it should give you some more options to pick up.

Xenith - we're working on a waiver wire analyzer that should be ready soon, however if you click on the position label in the first column it should give you some more options to pick up.
indeed it does, thank you!

anyone working on the filter UI?  It's less than ideal shall we say.

i'm better off than more here i think, my leagues and teams have linked ok.  just find it pretty difficult to navigate.

can the old MyFBG get brought back up in parallel while this gets worked out?  many have asked, i've seen nobody answer.

I can't comment on the the old MyFBG, but we are looking at streamlining filtering options though I don't have an ETA on anything, just know we are reading your feedback and trying to make this the best app it can be.

Domenic

Pretty annoying you still can't click on the top of the page to go to the site and lookup players
By "go to the site" do you just mean the footballguys.com home page?  There should be a link in the menu on the left hand side with a link to Footballguys.com.

We have pushed out a change today so that if you're browsing with a larger screen the menu should always be open.

By "go to the site" do you just mean the footballguys.com home page?  There should be a link in the menu on the left hand side with a link to Footballguys.com.

We have pushed out a change today so that if you're browsing with a larger screen the menu should always be open.
The link on the left works, but none the menu, drop-downs, or player search from the forum here. It works when you are on the site proper.

The link on the left works, but none the menu, drop-downs, or player search from the forum here. It works when you are on the site proper.
Gotcha, I personally can really only speak to functionality inside the new MyFBG app, though we have contacted the people that run the forums and alerted them to the problem.

Thanks Domenic.

Just downloaded the rankings. The download worked fine, but the excel file does not retain the player shading. I understand this may be a short term solution (at least I hope so), as with the old MyFBG you could print out the draft list ranking with the shading included. Not sure if the shading is possible with the excel file, but it should be if we can print directly from the website or download a PDF.

Not to be nit picky, but the file is MUCH less useful without the shading.
Agree that it should export the shading.. Or the very least, allow for a clean copy and paste from the myFBG page to a blank Excel sheet, which you could do on the old myFBG, and CANNOT do on the new myFBG. A copy and paste on the new version puts all the text into Column A.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can export the whole listing of results, then apply conditional formatting per the team name column to apply your own shading. Or just filter by that column if you want to see one team (or free agents) at a time. 

if we're making a future wishlist here's a minor request:

Could we get either the player name broken out into separate first and last name columns ---OR--- have another name column, where the names mirror the particular league's format (if looking at a list that compares to a sync'ed league). Doing this would make for easy comparing, doing lookups, etc. for those of us that manipulate our own data from what myFBG generates and make even further customized rankings (such as adding in salaries for cap leagues, etc.)

Since you are here, why won't my leagues sync on Chrome browser on PC?
Just to update.  For thanks to Domenic for taking the time with me.

It appears to be a firewall issue with my work.

It works from home and mobile just fine.   Sorry about that.

However, I never had problems with the work firewall before :kicksrock:

Still trying to hang on with the new site. One thing I noticed with my Hyperactive league is that it's two conferences of 12 teams each, so 24 teams total. But the league sync doesn't seem to know the difference between the conferences, so on the roster lists it misidentifies the player owner and free agents and things like that. I don't remember that issue last year with MyFBG

I just wanted to chime in the middle of my draft.  This lack of being able to highlight available players is HURTING right now.  The new interface is very slow to maneuver and is VERY laggy in pulling in updated player selections.  This is with a CBS FF league.

Very disappointed in the product available during draft season.

The kicking calculated points in Personalized rankings are off.  It displays the projections correctly, but the points are not even close to being right. 

For example:

Blair Walsh 29 FG x3 + 39 XP = 126 (we use 3 points per FG and 1 point XP, no penalties for missed kicks), but calculated points are 108.6

Dan Bailey 29 FG + 42.9 XP - 129.9, but calculated points are 102.9

This entire my fbg and dominator is such a cluster. Draft in 30 minutes. Nothing syncs like I would expect, and it's completely useless. No time for specifics now. Will update after draft because I need to find a freaking magazine to draft from. 

This entire my fbg and dominator is such a cluster. Draft in 30 minutes. Nothing syncs like I would expect, and it's completely useless. No time for specifics now. Will update after draft because I need to find a freaking magazine to draft from. 
VBD Excel app?

This doesn't apply to just MyFBG, but this post seems to get the most attention. The whole fbg cloud just doesn't work like I would expect. I can sync my dynasty league in MyFBG, and it will update with the league's rosters, but when they don't sync with the DD, that is obviously a useless tool. I've attempted this in multiple leagues that use different league hosts. What good is DD if it doesn't sync rosters and remove those players from the available players?

Setting up for my draft tonight, after the draft order was set, I synced the leagues, but the draft order was completely random in DD and not updated after the sync. With not much time to prepare for my draft position, I had to go old school rather than use the tools I paid for.  Hopefully, the regular season stuff is better. 

Also,what is the purpose of the footballguys app? The Android version had never worked for me. I like the word loading, but I don't want to stare at it all day. Luckily, the website is actually better than that. 

This is why I now print off everything I need. The last 4 years the DD has failed me in one way or another. I've learned to print off everything I need off the DD the night before my draft. Being proactive with this has saved my ### these last several years.

My draft is tomorrow and I've printed off what I need.

Good luck,

Tex

We're going live this afternonon with MyFootballguys. I'll post a link here in the next few hours. Before I do, here's some notes:

1) we've worked hard during the last week to get rid of all the bugs. We think we're very very close; we can't find anymore at this point. But as with any piece of software, we won't have got every single last one. I will monitor this thread very closely for any reports and we'll be right onto those and fix up any issues that people find.

2) The #1 criticism of the subscriber interface I have heard since I started to work for Footballguys is, "it's impossible to find anything!". We have loads and loads of links to tons of different pages on the site. Sure, after a while you work your way around the quirks but it's still not ideal.

So, our move here is to have a navigation system that contains far fewer options. Like, less than 10. Scroll up to the top here and you'll see there's a few more than 10 currently! So at first glance, it would be easy to go "arrghh! there's nothing here!" but each screen within the new MyFootballguys does a whole lot more than any single page did. As an example - we no longer have (number of projectors * number of weeks * number of NFL positions) huge number of projection links/screens in this new system. Just one: "Personalized Rankings". This screen then allows you to drill down weekly, preseason, rest of season, change projector balance (so possible to have a mix on the site now), individual positions, the league it's customized for etc.

Likewise: the lineup coach will list your players, and you can drilldown onto individual players for news and updates from there (without leaving the page which we also think is super useful for player research)

3) Slow roll out: over this week and maybe into the beginning of the next, we'll have more help: an article is coming very soon on how to use this and transition to it. We'll start linking the old screens to the new equivalents. For today, we're putting it live and including a single link in the menu.

4) This is just the start for this new tool. In the future, this will be the base for how everyone will choose to consume their subscription content. But we are very receptive to feedback; just be as detailed as you can with it.

5) This is far from just me. David, Joe, Keith have been involved in the development process here but most of the grunt work has been done by the new guys to our team this year - Evan, Domenic and Mike. I mention this so you guys recognise that we are investing heavily in this new tool and know that there is a professional team of developers working on this, full time. Features will continue to be added throughout the year...

6) Before the season starts we will have the 10 second primer back in (I hope quite soon), a waiver wire analyzer before FFPC first waivers open, and in season week-to-week player analysis. During the season, we plan to add game recaps, a trade tool to analyze and suggest trades etc.

7) The new features here will roll out to the new mobile app later in the week.

I'll be back with the link later. Thanks again for everyone's patience.
Did this get announced in the daily email?  I found out about it today, but am disappointed that I missed the last 11 days that it was out.  I assumed that going to the old MyFBG link would eventually take me to the updated tool.  I also assumed they would reopen the apps forum where this was being discussed previously once the tool was ready.

I guess I'm paying the price for having long ago given up on the Shark Pool, thus missing this thread.

This doesn't apply to just MyFBG, but this post seems to get the most attention. The whole fbg cloud just doesn't work like I would expect. I can sync my dynasty league in MyFBG, and it will update with the league's rosters, but when they don't sync with the DD, that is obviously a useless tool. I've attempted this in multiple leagues that use different league hosts. What good is DD if it doesn't sync rosters and remove those players from the available players?

Setting up for my draft tonight, after the draft order was set, I synced the leagues, but the draft order was completely random in DD and not updated after the sync. With not much time to prepare for my draft position, I had to go old school rather than use the tools I paid for.  Hopefully, the regular season stuff is better. 

Also,what is the purpose of the footballguys app? The Android version had never worked for me. I like the word loading, but I don't want to stare at it all day. Luckily, the website is actually better than that. 
Syncing does not work at all for me either. If I go to the app/site/draft dominator they all have a different opinion of what leagues I have linked and what profiles I have set up. Today, I opened the app because I was on the clock at the midway point of an MFL10 draft, and the DD decided that I no longer had this league in my profile. So I needed to restart from the beginning and put 120 picks back in again.

As soon as I joined this year and saw that the MyFBGs wasn't working I sent an email to see when it would be up as that was the main reason I was joining, to use that for my offseason dynasty activities. My email was never answered and I was never able to use the site for anything. Always been a fan of this site but this year feel like I've thrown my money away.

Hey Guys. As Simon said, the new MyFootballguys is up and going. And for you guys who've been helping us with reviving the MyFBG Classic to have basically the functionality we had last year for MyFBG, please check the MyFBG Classic thread tomorrow at 4 as we should have good news for you then. Thanks for your patience and for helping us get this going. 

J

On the new MyFootballguys ... when downloading to Excel, the player's teams disappear (ARI / PIT / SF).  Not a biggy, but just wanted to let you know.

Having issues syncing my RT hosted league.  It syncs all the offensive players perfectly, but does not sync in the defensive players and shows them as free agents even though they are rostered.

Tried to play around with this again last night. Still haven't figured it out.

Starting to get nervous as I've heavily relied on myFBG the last few years

Having issues syncing my RT hosted league.  It syncs all the offensive players perfectly, but does not sync in the defensive players and shows them as free agents even though they are rostered.
Baymen,

Can you PM me your RTSports info?  I can personally troubleshoot this.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread