What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (3 Viewers)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but in personalized rankings seems to have trouble with two or more players with the same name.  My league is listing M Bennett of Seattle as a free agent.  M Bennett of Jax is a free agent, not the Seattle M Bennett

Also hope colored highlights return - In the past blue indicated free agents and yellow players on your team.  Minor issue but would be helpful in this fast pace world we all live in.

MFL league

Sync worked fine - all leagues in and it appears all teams and players

Hey Strider - there should be highlighting there now.

If someone is a free agent the owner column should have a striped background - we are in the works of changing that to the entire row.

You can also highlight any team by clicking on the teams name in the owner column.  We are working on having it so your team highlights automatically, and making it more obvious you can click there.

Domenic

Regarding personalized rankings, when I look at "ALL" players for a specific position it shows me all of the players as it should. When I try to look at "AVAILABLE" players the top several free agents are now missing from the list. First image shows ALL players and the second is supposed to show only AVAILABLE players.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!At94ev_e-751k0w1nTdJo2K9w2EW

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. That's been there for a bit and is not new. Still working on things. 

Thanks.

J
Ok.  I can't see that option when I hover over the MyFBG menu from the forum because most of the menu winds up being "under" the forum menu.  I would post the image here but that too seems broken.  Here is what I am talking about Messed Up FBG Menu

Hey Strider - there should be highlighting there now.

If someone is a free agent the owner column should have a striped background - we are in the works of changing that to the entire row.

You can also highlight any team by clicking on the teams name in the owner column.  We are working on having it so your team highlights automatically, and making it more obvious you can click there.

Domenic
Ah thanks - full row on FA's stands out better and automatic on players would be great.

Still have issue with recognition of players with the same name as outlined in previous post.

@Strider - we are looking into the M Bennet issue (thankfully you don't also have Martellus Bennet in the mix too). 

@mullhar - I'll look into the Availability issue today.

@d1234 - The forum menu issue is outside of our team here, but I'm going to forward it on to the correct person.

Domenic

MFL. Some players noticed. DeAndre Washington, Erin Henderson. DT Brandon Williams, DE Michael Bennett, could be more
Seattle DE Michael Bennett still showing as Free Agent in my 2 IDP leagues he is rostered. NY Jets LB Erin Henderson showing as FA in the league he is rostered in.  Baltimore DT Brandon Williams showing as FA in league he is rostered..

Any other people see Bennett as FA where he is not? He is a top 15 player at his position.

There are multiple Michael Bennett's and multiple Brandon Williams' in the NFL so that could be why 

@Strider - we are looking into the M Bennet issue (thankfully you don't also have Martellus Bennet in the mix too). 

@mullhar - I'll look into the Availability issue today.

@d1234 - The forum menu issue is outside of our team here, but I'm going to forward it on to the correct person.

Domenic
Thank you Domenic.  If you could also have somebody look at why loading http://my.footballguys.com/#landing is so slow that would be appreciated too. This pic shows the times it is taking to load  the page.  The only thing on the page is 5 news stories and the HUGE graphics that are nothing but links to articles.  (I question the need to dedicate that real estate that way and why you need a picture to click on an article link especially when the pic has nothing to do with the article and is kind of washed out, but that is not that important).

Here are the performance stats for loading the myfbg/#landing page and it clearly shows it takes over 20 seconds and where the time is being used.  The hundreds of player images that are retrieved or that you try to retrieve but don't exist seems wrong too, but that is not where the slow up is.  MY_FBG_IS_SLOW_TO_LOAD <<===== Link to load stats.

@d1234 - We will be looking into the performance issues, but our time is also being split so we can add the other features that we would like to get you by the time the season starts.  Part of the latency issue is the way that firefox saves the news articles (vs webkit browsers) - we will be looking into a solution for this but if you wanted to switch to chrome for the time being I do think the load time would be decreased.  

We could certainly auto-highlight your team on first load.

You can see free agents by selecting Availability => Free agents under the settings button.
Thanks for all of your hard work and responsiveness to our feedback Simon and Domenic.

The auto highlight for your team is great (and a no brainer). Same goes for free agents. Both should auto highlight and the full row shading stands out more, so thanks for that too.

I have one functionality question I can't figure out and the tutorial doesn't cover. I usually print out the all position personalized rankings to take to our auction. In the old version I would download the PDF to keep as a reference and print from there. I do not see an option to download the rankings to a PDF or print them. I'd like to think this is available now, but can't figure out how to do so.

Can you please tell me how to download the personalized rankings file?

Thanks again

@d1234 - We will be looking into the performance issues, but our time is also being split so we can add the other features that we would like to get you by the time the season starts.  Part of the latency issue is the way that firefox saves the news articles (vs webkit browsers) - we will be looking into a solution for this but if you wanted to switch to chrome for the time being I do think the load time would be decreased.  
Thanks for the response Domenic.  For now I will just use classic.  Hopefully you can get this stuff ironed out.  Your reply has settled me down for now.  I wish I had known you had acknowledged the firefox issue a few days ago and I would have just gone about my business and not complained so much.

This is brutal.  Not trying to be difficult about it, but I don't really want or need to know all the details about why things are/aren't working.  I just want them to work or at least know when they will work.  Is it possible to provide an ETA of when I will be able to use these features that I am paying for?

A suggestion: I think it would be great if the "select all" button on the filters/positions screen could be used to select or deselect all of the positions. This way, we don't have to manually uncheck every position we aren't interested in seeing.

Also, every time I click on "sync my league" is it normal that I have to choose which team is mine again?

A suggestion: I think it would be great if the "select all" button on the filters/positions screen could be used to select or deselect all of the positions. This way, we don't have to manually uncheck every position we aren't interested in seeing.

Also, every time I click on "sync my league" is it normal that I have to choose which team is mine again?
Positions will be better soon.

On sync my league, no, not at all. please let me know via PM your username and the name of the league affected

There shouldn't be any missing IDP content. I don't know what you're referring to there - could you get me some more details? I think you would be best at this point to open a ticket with us at apps@footballguys.com. I need more detail on these but I'm always reluctant to try and do that on the forums as it's so easy to lose track of stuff. Thanks. I need your Footballguys username, the name of a league and how you get a script error to happen; I've never seen these in firefox latest. The shades we are using are actually quite dark - a screenshot of that would be really useful so we can see exactly what you're seeing there. Thanks.
Not so much missing, poor wording on my part if that's what I chose.  It's that there are no projections for IDP, so they don't display on Rankings or Lineup page.

FBG name is Hankmoody.  Default league is Confusion but I'm getting it regardless of what league I select.

Not so much missing, poor wording on my part if that's what I chose.  It's that there are no projections for IDP, so they don't display on Rankings or Lineup page.

FBG name is Hankmoody.  Default league is Confusion but I'm getting it regardless of what league I select.
We don't have week 1 IDP projections listed anywhere on the site yet; those projections don't normally get listed until closer to week 1. They're there for preseason rankings.

Can't log in on Firefox.  Again.  Which is interesting because I didn't log out.

Chrome = default league Confusion all players show as Free Agent, though highlighting is accurate for team ownership.

Are we having fun yet?

edit: CTRL F5 got me back to a logged-in state.

I see some of you have the league syncing working now? Where am I missing the button to do that? In the edit profile with the scoring system and such, there is a sync button but it still says that's down.

@Simon Shepherd  I would love to see this functionality as well.
we're looking into this. The framework we're using has a plugin that supposedly exports data to loads of different formats, including excel, that @Domenic Roti found earlier today. We can't get it to work right now so we've contacted our support line there for an update. If no dice for now, we'll do a quick .csv export to cover you guys until they release it.

I see some of you have the league syncing working now? Where am I missing the button to do that? In the edit profile with the scoring system and such, there is a sync button but it still says that's down.
need more info on this one! What exactly does the message say? What's your account username?

sync/refresh seems to be dicey

Viewed it this morning for a league. Closed out. Came back to it just now and it still had the right league pulled up, but everybody was marked as a Free Agent (this is a keeper league).  Finally got it to reload correctly (it actually asked me to select my team again....MFL league) by clearing and re-applying the "only show available" filter. 

2 questions though:

1) if a league is in mid-draft, and players are being taken off the board, should a Sync, update the list in real-time?

2) Can we add a "R" rookie designation on the player lists somehow (an icon, or even an "R" by their name in text)? that would be very handy for keeper leagues

sync/refresh seems to be dicey

Viewed it this morning for a league. Closed out. Came back to it just now and it still had the right league pulled up, but everybody was marked as a Free Agent (this is a keeper league).  Finally got it to reload correctly (it actually asked me to select my team again....MFL league) by clearing and re-applying the "only show available" filter. 

2 questions though:

1) if a league is in mid-draft, and players are being taken off the board, should a Sync, update the list in real-time?

2) Can we add a "R" rookie designation on the player lists somehow (an icon, or even an "R" by their name in text)? that would be very handy for keeper leagues
We're down to specific league issues here Nathan. So let me know your FBG username and the name of the league and I can look into this.

On 1) this depends on when the league provider publishes them to us. I would guess no for most but I can clarify with more info

2) will add to the feature request list.

Hey Guys,
We just pushed out another update today and todays updates include:

- You can now download your rankings by clicking on the download icon on the rankings screen (this option unfortunately is not supported in Safari at this time).
- The rankings availability filter should now work correctly.  You should be able to filter to just free agents without any issues.
- Your team will highlighted automatically when you load your rankings.
- Articles titles can viewed and clicked without waiting for the article image.
- A UI fix to the player card so rankings don't extend past the screen.

Simon, still see different projections on my.footballguys and footballguys.com regular projections page.  

Is it possible to tie staff rankings into our leagues with the color coding thing?

Hey Guys,
We just pushed out another update today and todays updates include:

- You can now download your rankings by clicking on the download icon on the rankings screen (this option unfortunately is not supported in Safari at this time).
- The rankings availability filter should now work correctly.  You should be able to filter to just free agents without any issues.
- Your team will highlighted automatically when you load your rankings.
- Articles titles can viewed and clicked without waiting for the article image.
- A UI fix to the player card so rankings don't extend past the screen.
Thanks Domenic.

Just downloaded the rankings. The download worked fine, but the excel file does not retain the player shading. I understand this may be a short term solution (at least I hope so), as with the old MyFBG you could print out the draft list ranking with the shading included. Not sure if the shading is possible with the excel file, but it should be if we can print directly from the website or download a PDF.

Not to be nit picky, but the file is MUCH less useful without the shading.

Thanks Domenic.

Just downloaded the rankings. The download worked fine, but the excel file does not retain the player shading. I understand this may be a short term solution (at least I hope so), as with the old MyFBG you could print out the draft list ranking with the shading included. Not sure if the shading is possible with the excel file, but it should be if we can print directly from the website or download a PDF.

Not to be nit picky, but the file is MUCH less useful without the shading.
Data - Filter.

Filter by team.

Highlight rows.

????

Profit.

We're down to specific league issues here Nathan. So let me know your FBG username and the name of the league and I can look into this.

On 1) this depends on when the league provider publishes them to us. I would guess no for most but I can clarify with more info

2) will add to the feature request list.
I'm using MFL, the most popular draft here and the sync button no workie.  I have to unlink and then relink, that's no good

Simon, still see different projections on my.footballguys and footballguys.com regular projections page.  

Is it possible to tie staff rankings into our leagues with the color coding thing?
This is my biggest issue with it at the moment. How do we know which one to trust? Here's this new fancy tool, but it's telling me different things that the old fashioned projections chart. Something doesn't seem right.

Script error after script error after script error.  The site is getting buggier each time I try to use it.  Takes forever to load, both the main page as well as applying any filters to any leagues.

I know the Free Agent cells are striped, but could we be able to highlight them like we used to be able to?  Makes it easier to see them too.

This is my biggest issue with it at the moment. How do we know which one to trust? Here's this new fancy tool, but it's telling me different things that the old fashioned projections chart. Something doesn't seem right.
I need to know what you guys mean when you say "projections" here - can you give a specific example?

I need to know what you guys mean when you say "projections" here - can you give a specific example?
I'm looking at the projections right now for one of my leagues in MyFBG and comparing it to the projections on Footballguys.com.

Now, they're not off by much, but there are slight differences. Shouldn't they just be the same?

I'm looking at the projections right now for one of my leagues in MyFBG and comparing it to the projections on Footballguys.com.

Now, they're not off by much, but there are slight differences. Shouldn't they just be the same?
Same for me.  I'm using customized rankings with only Dodds selected and comparing those projections to Dodds projections on the main footballguys.com page.  They are off slightly.

Same for me.  I'm using customized rankings with only Dodds selected and comparing those projections to Dodds projections on the main footballguys.com page.  They are off slightly.
Yup that's who I was looking at as well. Again, not off by much, but it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't just be the exact same.

MattFancy said:
Yup that's who I was looking at as well. Again, not off by much, but it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't just be the exact same.
So, the minor discrepancies you are seeing is because the sliders go from 1-100 right now, so if Dodds is set to 100 and they are set to 1, essentially Dodds is responsible for 100/103 of the projections. This would only cause extremely small discrepancies, but yes when compared directly with his raw projections, yardages might be off by a couple.

So, the minor discrepancies you are seeing is because the sliders go from 1-100 right now, so if Dodds is set to 100 and they are set to 1, essentially Dodds is responsible for 100/103 of the projections. This would only cause extremely small discrepancies, but yes when compared directly with his raw projections, yardages might be off by a couple.
This is completely OCD but it is driving me crazy that the sliders don't show numbers.  If I want to weight Dodds at 70% and the other 3 at 10% I have to eyeball the sliders without having any idea how close I am. 

Also, why does FBG hate printing?  I need to print a cheatsheet for the draft because my laptop is used to enter the picks and visible to everyone and I don't want my rankings on the big screen.  Neither the draft dominator nor myFootballguys makes printing a list easy.  I'm left with only the VBD excel app which only has Dodds rankings.

This is completely OCD but it is driving me crazy that the sliders don't show numbers.  If I want to weight Dodds at 70% and the other 3 at 10% I have to eyeball the sliders without having any idea how close I am. 

Also, why does FBG hate printing?  I need to print a cheatsheet for the draft because my laptop is used to enter the picks and visible to everyone and I don't want my rankings on the big screen.  Neither the draft dominator nor myFootballguys makes printing a list easy.  I'm left with only the VBD excel app which only has Dodds rankings.

The sliders will have value labels and will be changed to allow for 0% from unwanted projectors in the future.

If you want to print a cheatsheet you can export a cheatsheet from our draft dominator app. It'll get sent to your email in a spreadsheet. You can also export a spreadsheet from our personalized rankings page on myFootballguys by clicking the download icon above the grid. There are also a ton of premade cheatsheets available for printing here http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=cheatsheets that would work for most leagues out there.

Users who are viewing this thread