What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Myles White, WR, GB (1 Viewer)

Hoosier16

Footballguy
Anyone else thinking he might be a better fill-in for Cobb? Cobb has run almost 95% of his routes this year from the slot. Last week, Boykin ran only 2 of his 36 from the slot. I know these are college clips, but White looks like he might be a better replacement:

Boykin left a lot to be desired last week, but those White clips don't show anything that he'd fill Cobb's role except that he needs development physically.

One of Boykin/White might be a 1 week fill in if Jones out. If all healthy, I think Jones/Finley take on larger roles. I think we'll see Finley in the slot a lot more if/when Jones healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones looks to be out from all reports here on Fri. I think also from reports he plays next week.

I think White projects better in the slot, but I think Boykin is the better add. Rodgers publicly this past week raved about him and said that some of the throws to him were his fault. Plus the HC McCarthy likes him also. I think for this week Boykin takes Jones role and the following weeks I think you see a lot of Finley in the slot. They activated Stoneburner a TE from the practice squad the same day they did White.

In a nutshell I think the RB's benefit and Finley benefits. If you are in a deep dynasty then I may roster White as Boykin is already gone.

Hes got more playmaker in him then Boykin. Can track it deep and turn screens into TD's. A little Mike Wallace to his game.

Had he not got in a drunken brawl at Mich State combined with a public urination he may have been drafted. Instead transferred to JUCO and then LaTech where hes 2nd fiddle to Patton

loose circuits said:
Hes got more playmaker in him then Boykin. Can track it deep and turn screens into TD's. A little Mike Wallace to his game.

Had he not got in a drunken brawl at Mich State combined with a public urination he may have been drafted. Instead transferred to JUCO and then LaTech where hes 2nd fiddle to Patton
I think he's more like Jennings than Wallace but either way he has to gain 15 lbs.

May be the only one but I'm starting him today as I am a huge dog this week and I just have a feeling. Rodgers is going to want to prove he is like Brady and can make any wide receiver look good, he'll throw to him with confidence. If I catch lightening in the bottle I'll be :moneybag:

Big week this week?

Last week, he ran 32 routes with 31 of them coming from the slot. With Finley out, he's clearly the slot guy. Here is how past slot WRs have fared against Minnesota this year. Not all of these guys are exclusively slot receivers, but of the starters on their teams, they have the highest slot %:

Burleson, Det - 6-78-0 - He was Detroit's slot guy prior to getting hurt and led Detroit WRs that game in yards, catches, and FPs.

Marshall, Chi - 7-113-1 - Led the Bears in catches, yards, and FPs.

Bess, Cle - 7-68-0 - Second to Gordon that day but it was his best output of the season.

Cotchery, Pit - 5-103-1 - Led Pitt in yards and FPs and by far the best game of his season.

LaFell, Car - 4-107-1 - Led them in yards and FPs and had his best game of the season.

Cruz, NYG - 5-50-0 - Led the Giants WRs in catches, yards, and FPs, although it wouldn't have made you very happy.

So in each game, the slot guy either led the other WRs, had his best game of the year, or both. White didn't do much last week (1 catch) but did play a lot for only having 3 days of practice. A decent game here could give him some value.

May be the only one but I'm starting him today as I am a huge dog this week and I just have a feeling. Rodgers is going to want to prove he is like Brady and can make any wide receiver look good, he'll throw to him with confidence. If I catch lightening in the bottle I'll be :moneybag:
Have you spoken with Rodgers? Does he want to prove he's just like Brady?The way I see it, he doesn't care and just wants to win. He's already proven that he can make WRs:

Greg Jennings is garbage in MIN

Boykins is not a startable fantasy WR on any other team except Denver, maybe NO

Also, he will throw to him in confidence? No way. The guy doesn't have the playbook down. He doesn't have the rhythm with Rodgers.

I don't care how big of a dog you are this week, there has to be someone else

The only GB WRs worth starting are Boykins and Nelson this week, and even that I'd feel nervous. All the talk this week aside from Finleys progress has been the packers are focusing on running the ball more from here on out with all the carnage at WR. Which makes sense considering they will likely be up by a lot early in the next few weeks, especially this week

Starting white makes maybe a little sense if GB is playing NO and you know it's going to be a shoot out.

IMO, white isn't roster able unless jones, Nelson, or Boykin are out for the season at some point.

IMO, white isn't roster able unless jones, Nelson, or Boykin are out for the season at some point.
Maybe not in a 10 team, 16 player roster redraft, but some people play in dynasty leagues.
16 yeah. Because if Nelson gets hurt and it's Boykin and White then it could pay off. But I wouldn't expect much from him unless that happened

Dynasty... I don't think that's even a good play. Even though James Jones is an UFA, I don't see White holding any value.

Even if Jones leaves, and GB drafts nobody (unlikely), then you have Nelson and Cobb as your starters and Boykin as your #3. White is still #4.

If you want a dynasty WR from the packers, Boykin is it. And whoever the packers draft next year after James jones walks.

Users who are viewing this thread